Staredit Network > Forums > Null > Topic: How class parties can save our life.
How class parties can save our life.
Oct 24 2008, 8:50 pm
By: Paravin.
Pages: < 1 2 3 >

Oct 25 2008, 1:43 am Forsaken Archer Post #21

Chuiu is right.
That doesn't mean you can't like, hang out with, flirt, kiss and such with the opposite sex though. Don't take anything too serious.
I got my high school gf pregnant (and even though son = win), you still regret it. Save your energy for your grades.

Girls generally suck anyways. Most girls anyways.

None.

Oct 25 2008, 1:49 am FatalException Post #22

Quote from name:isolatedpurity
Girls generally suck anyways. Most girls anyways.
HAWT.

None.

Oct 25 2008, 1:54 am Forsaken Archer Post #23

Haha, you know what I meant.

None.

Oct 25 2008, 2:12 am chuiu Post #24

Quote from name:isolatedpurity
Chuiu is right.
That doesn't mean you can't like, hang out with, flirt, kiss and such with the opposite sex though. Don't take anything too serious.
Yeah that's what I was trying to get at.

None.

Oct 25 2008, 2:29 am Conspiracy Post #25

I see my name there. Wth?

Anyways, Im a junior, and haven't hooked up with a girl yet, or had a sip of alcohol. But the reason is I just don't give a damn. The girl I liked, who isn't a whore, denied me. Though, some of my 'female' friends are realllly hawt. To bad they all have boyfriends eh?

Alcohol as a freshman? Here is common for 6th graders to get their hands on alcohol, and get piss drunk.

None.

Oct 25 2008, 2:58 am chuiu Post #26

Quote from name:Epoch
I see my name there. Wth?
Uninspired names FTL.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/epoch

None.

Oct 25 2008, 4:51 am DT_Battlekruser Post #27

Lulz, I was expecting a Bel-Air :P

This sums up 99% of all middle/high school relationships. Don't take anything seriously until you're out of high school and possibly even college, trust me it will save you a lot of stress.

In seriousness, though, this. The amount of seriousness placed on relationships and/or sex with young people is the stupidest thing about American culture (in college people begin to be more mature about it and can actually see the difference, to some extent). People build their "relationships" on a pile of fakeness in order to try to pass as socially acceptable, and 99% of the time it ends rapidly and, if you take it seriously, in torn emotions.

It's a minority opinion, but your girlfriend should be your best friend first, and object of your desires second. Such priorities build long-lasting relationships. If you don't want this, don't delude yourself about the distinction between sex and love. In some ways Europe is better than America because of the honesty in regard to this issue. Hell, people having casual sex doesn't bother me; it's people thinking that its an accomplishment that does.

Wow, that got a little serious for a Null topic :ermm: I do worry that freshmen are getting drunk though.. no matter what Nerdy might say being blind drunk is almost always not a good idea.

None.

Oct 25 2008, 5:35 am Ultraviolet Post #28

Hell, people having casual sex doesn't bother me; it's people thinking that its an accomplishment that does.

I think it's an accomplishment when it's with a reserved girl who is generally unaccepting of the idea, but you get her to do it anyway.

I do worry that freshmen are getting drunk though.. no matter what Nerdy might say being blind drunk is almost always not a good idea.

Besides a few negative health risks, which only become apparent after many many repeated experiences, (unless you manage to kill yourself while drunk) what's so bad about becoming 'blind drunk'? Especially considering that people tend to know full on what they're doing; it's not as if they go into it not knowing the risks.

Oct 25 2008, 5:46 am DT_Battlekruser Post #29

I think it's an accomplishment when it's with a reserved girl who is generally unaccepting of the idea, but you get her to do it anyway.

So pushing a mildly unwilling girl into having sex, perhaps against her better judgment, is considered an accomplishment? You're right, I find this absolutely reprehensible. Sort of like I think the people who pushed mildly unwilling people into making risky home loans are reprehensible.

Besides a few negative health risks, which only become apparent after many many repeated experiences, (unless you manage to kill yourself while drunk) what's so bad about becoming 'blind drunk'? Especially considering that people tend to know full on what they're doing; it's not as if they go into it not knowing the risks.

It's not the actual health risks of the alcohol, it's what you do while drunk that harms you.

None.

Oct 25 2008, 6:16 am WoAHorde Post #30

I do worry that freshmen are getting drunk though

My neighbourhood(which is generally all leaning upper class and has decent education), has a lot of drinking issues. It wouldn't surprise me if an 8th or frosh had sex/drugs/alcohol; the majority have done at least 1 of the 3(if not a combination), by the end of frosh year.

None.

Oct 25 2008, 7:10 am Ultraviolet Post #31

Quote from DT_Battlekruser

So pushing a mildly unwilling girl into having sex, perhaps against her better judgment, is considered an accomplishment? You're right, I find this absolutely reprehensible. Sort of like I think the people who pushed mildly unwilling people into making risky home loans are reprehensible.

It's not the actual health risks of the alcohol, it's what you do while drunk that harms you.

They should know that alcohol modifies you're behavior. If they don't, they're stupid and they deserve the consequences.

Same goes for the girls who are being manipulated, actually. If someone else convinces you to do something that you end up feeling badly about, you should blame yourself, not them.

Oct 25 2008, 7:23 am Paravin. Post #32

By the way, the girl has had sex since the 7th grade, not the 9th.

None.

Oct 25 2008, 8:39 am Ultraviolet Post #33

Oh, fuck yeah. She's hardcore. You should hook me up ;)

Oct 25 2008, 11:02 am Paravin. Post #34

:lol:

None.

Oct 25 2008, 12:37 pm Devourer Post #35

Hello

Quote from Paravin.
By the way, the girl has had sex since the 7th grade, not the 9th.

what the fuck!!! holy biatch... I think I know what her "Job" will be....^^

Please report errors in the Staredit.Network forum.

Oct 25 2008, 2:47 pm Kaias Post #36

Quote from DT_Battlekruser
Lulz, I was expecting a Bel-Air :P

This sums up 99% of all middle/high school relationships. Don't take anything seriously until you're out of high school and possibly even college, trust me it will save you a lot of stress.

In seriousness, though, this. The amount of seriousness placed on relationships and/or sex with young people is the stupidest thing about American culture (in college people begin to be more mature about it and can actually see the difference, to some extent). People build their "relationships" on a pile of fakeness in order to try to pass as socially acceptable, and 99% of the time it ends rapidly and, if you take it seriously, in torn emotions.

It's a minority opinion, but your girlfriend should be your best friend first, and object of your desires second. Such priorities build long-lasting relationships. If you don't want this, don't delude yourself about the distinction between sex and love. In some ways Europe is better than America because of the honesty in regard to this issue. Hell, people having casual sex doesn't bother me; it's people thinking that its an accomplishment that does.

Wow, that got a little serious for a Null topic :ermm: I do worry that freshmen are getting drunk though.. no matter what Nerdy might say being blind drunk is almost always not a good idea.
I agree with everything DTBK said here. The fact that many young people view drugs/sex/alcohol as achievements for socially ascending is appalling.
It's a minority opinion, but your girlfriend should be your best friend first, and object of your desires second. Such priorities build long-lasting relationships. If you don't want this, don't delude yourself about the distinction between sex and love.
I am also of this opinion. It is particularly accurate. When Paravin said this
she knows I'm deeply in love with her
It's quite obvious he was misinterpreting his own feelings, as is evident by how the story ends.

None.

Oct 25 2008, 2:53 pm Centreri Post #37

Relatively ancient and inactive

Win. It's a good story that inspires me to greater heights.

On the subject of Vodka, it's disgusting stuff. My favorite alcoholic drink is red wine. Cognac's pretty bad, champagne's decent. Beer... I don't really see any upsides to its taste. Gotta love root beer, though :P. And, I've never gotten drunk.

None.

Oct 25 2008, 4:53 pm Paravin. Post #38

Yes, Wine is great. But it's more for.. romantic evenings. Not crazy latvian parties.

None.

Oct 25 2008, 5:23 pm Centreri Post #39

Relatively ancient and inactive

CRAZY LATVIANS. My point stands, though, that I'd have to force Vodka down. Too... alcoholy, burny.

None.

Oct 25 2008, 5:37 pm Ultraviolet Post #40

Generally at any party dubbed "crazy" people drink whatever they feel like/get their hands on :P

Options
Pages: < 1 2 3 >
  Back to forum