Staredit Network > Forums > Null > Topic: SEN Mafia IX
SEN Mafia IX
Oct 13 2008, 6:40 pm
By: Moose
Pages: < 1 « 26 27 28 29 3033 >

Nov 15 2008, 5:51 pm DrunkenNoodle Post #541

I abstain, there is no defining evidence against Oyen.

None.

Nov 15 2008, 6:28 pm Biophysicist Post #542

Seeing as he has managed to screw us over with all the lynches, I think it's pretty likely. He could be a townie that just happened to give wrong interpertations (No offense Oyen, everyone gives wrong interprations sometimes... Me especially...) but it doesn't seem that that's the case. Call it a hunch, but I think lynching him would be better than doing nother.

None.

Nov 15 2008, 6:35 pm HailFire Post #543

Is it just me, or does the TP benefit the Mafia more than the town? Sure, the town has less suspects to sort through, and can re-target their lynch, but the Mafia now knows the roles of a whole bunch of people, so they can re-kill any special roles that got revived, and then use any hits they wasted on townies to go fishing for MORE special roles.

None.

Nov 15 2008, 6:44 pm Symmetry Post #544

Dungeon Master

If there was a doctor role, it'd be a lot more useful =O

:voy: :jaff: :voy: :jaff:

Nov 15 2008, 6:48 pm lil-Inferno Post #545

Just here for the pie

I said I abstained :-/.

Nov 15 2008, 7:09 pm Vi3t-X Post #546

Quote from Vi3t-X
There is feasable info against both Kaias and Zycorax. I'll look over the clues when I have more time.

Abstain.

Moose, maybe you didn't read this properly.

None.

Nov 15 2008, 7:20 pm InsolubleFluff Post #547

Remember, moose likes to pretend he's imperfect just to keep things interesting :P

None.

Nov 15 2008, 7:53 pm Moose Post #548

We live in a society.

Quote from name:Reindeer Breeder
If there was a doctor role, it'd be a lot more useful =O
Yeah, there are going to be some changes to Dodge next game. I will discuss them at that time.

Quote from Vi3t-X
Quote from Vi3t-X
There is feasable info against both Kaias and Zycorax. I'll look over the clues when I have more time.

Abstain.

Moose, maybe you didn't read this properly.
How does that contribute to the town's efforts? You only help yourself when you pass youself off as "active" with a quick two-sentence post and a promise of help at a later time. If someone makes a post in Mapping Assistance that says "I'll help you out later" or a Map Production topic that says "I'll edit in the information on this map later", it gets deleted. If they're not going to do it then and there, why bother posting? This is very similar.

Why am I doing this? I get a bit miffed when people pass for active but don't actually help out. The town would have a better chance without them ever playing. That's because if there are less players, there will be less mafia members with less killing power. 29 Townies vs. 6 Mafia with the special roles provided is theoretically "balanced", but it becomes skewed in the Mafia's favor when only half the town tries. (This is usually the half that dies first and I can't blame the mafia for that.)

Quote from Mini Moose 2707
Just a note that if a mafia member is not lynched today, the game will end. The only possiblity for the town winning would be miracle-dodging AND perfect down-the-line lynching... which wouldn't happen as 80% (generous estimate) of people never dodge anyway.
When I said this, I forgot to factor in Radioactive. This ending may not materialize.

VOTER :: LYNCH CANDIDATE
A_of-s_t :: Epoch
TassadarZeratul :: Oyen
Kaias :: Zycorax
Zycorax :: Oyen
l)ark_ssj9kevin :: Zycorax
Shocko :: Oyen
Deathman101 :: Oyen
Dark_Marine :: Oyen
Hitok1r1 :: Zycorax (4)
FlyingHat :: Oyen (6)
10 of 23 votes.

(1) Abstain: Oyen
(0) Implied Abstain: -
(3) Abstain implied or formal, but didn't actually post anything useful: Vi3t-X, lil-inferno, DrunkenNoodle

Post has been edited 11 time(s), last time on Nov 16 2008, 6:10 pm by Mini Moose 2707.

Nov 15 2008, 9:11 pm Hitok1r1 Post #549

Somehow, I was saved after the TP used the time machine, yet this will apparently end soon.

Anyways, for my clue interpretations against Zycorax. If my guess is correct, Zycorax could be related to "Sycorax" if the Z was only changed.

He screamed aloud, "WHY DID THIS HAPPEN TO ME?", and again "WHY DID SHE DO THIS TO ME?" He began to suffocate with the heavy convulsions in his tears, as he had little time to breathe between his yelps. Then he heard the front door open slowly. He heard her keys jingle the way they always did. His heart was restored with hope and love for a long moment. He simply waited for the confirmation of her beautiful face to let him know that he hadn't gone crazy. He could hear the footsteps approaching his room. He wondered why she knew which room he was in ... he had moved the desk from where she had last seen it...

This quote here refers to a beautiful girl, who is unfortunately a deceiver. Sycorax is an unseen witch from William Shakespeare's "The Tempest". There has been many linguistic theories about Sycorax's name. Some scholars believe it is a combination of "pig" (sus), and "crow" (korax), but it could be possibly related to "psychorrhax", or heartbreaker.

Greo walks down a dirt path along the edge of the woods with Hitok1r1, considering all the options. Periodically, Greo stares deep into the darkness. He wonders if there is anyway to survive anywhere. He stops in his tracks with the thought and looks at Hitok1r1. Looking up the moon, their only source of light, he muses, "The only safe place on this earth for me is the moon. And I'll never be there." Hitok1r1 is not quite sure how to respond to such a thing. They are aware of their pathetic outlook and continue to stride towards Greo's house.

Also, Sycorax is a moon of Uranus, named after the character mentioned earlier.

Anyways, I vote for Zycorax.

I honestly have no idea of who might be mafia or not. I'm suspicious of some others, but I cannot compile enough evidence to implicate them as mafia...

None.

Nov 15 2008, 10:59 pm FlyingHat Post #550

I change my vote to Oyen, thus jumping on the bandwagon.

None.

Nov 15 2008, 11:27 pm Hitok1r1 Post #551

Damn, I believe this game should end already.

99.9% chance that Mafia will win. :bleh:

None.

Nov 16 2008, 1:24 am Conspiracy Post #552

I vote Zycorax.

That one guys big brick of text, plus the other references Oyen made earlier (something to deal with a weapon in the left hand, which zycorax's avatar happens to have).

None.

Nov 16 2008, 1:34 am Kaias Post #553

I change my vote to Shocko

None.

Nov 16 2008, 1:58 am Vi3t-X Post #554

First Day

1) Fragile Spelled Backwards. Something you hold with care. Something delicate - a woman, a pie? :bleh:
This designates Zycorax and generalpie (although pie isn't a large suspect)
2) She. Female.
This further designates Zycorax, but also inputs room for A_of-s_t ( Master of Temptation, Ruler of Aeronotics, and Secret Lover ).
3) North Eastern Europe = Russia, Finland, Norway and Sweden.
This even further designates Zycorax, but also imputs Paravin as mafia suspects.
4) Atlantic Ocean. Why would he fly across the Atlantic, when its easier to connect from Russia? Something involving North America or Europe...?
No Idea...
5) Beacon. As I recall, I beleive generalpie (or someone else, correct me if I'm wrong), made a topic about questioning beacons.
Generalpie...?

Second Day

1) S E Y - When each letter is pronounced independantly, you get ESS, EEE, WHY. Or in otherwords, I SEE WHY.
I see why you must die? No idea.
2) Common Thread - Someone who visits, or posts most frequently in Null I suppose.
Killer Kow, Dark Marine... scrap that, everyone posts in Null. EXCLUDING deathman and Epoch.
3) PARAGRAPH - I can't really make much of this.
All I can say it even remotely relates to is Deathman.
4) Highlighted Text - Either it is the fusing into an Archon, or the infestation of a person.
TassadarZeratul or deathman (?)
5) As I recall (again, I fail at recalling), A_of-s_t wrote poems or something like that, which in some way relates to shakespeare?
O.o?
6) Beacon - Text is repeated, it must mean something.

Remaining clue interpretations to be done tomorrow. Character Limit fails.
I vote Zycorax for the time being.

- Happy Moose?

Post has been edited 2 time(s), last time on Nov 16 2008, 2:42 am by Vi3t-X.

Nov 16 2008, 5:44 am DrunkenNoodle Post #555

Or maybe SEY is yes backwards. :rolleyes:

None.

Nov 16 2008, 11:32 am Fisty Post #556

Quote from DrunkenNoodle
Or maybe SEY is yes backwards. :rolleyes:
Considering it was written into a window...from the other side....

None.

Nov 16 2008, 4:47 pm l)ark_ssj9kevin Post #557

Just here for the activity... well not really

I change my vote to lil-Inferno because he knows we MUST lynch or we lose anyway, and he's just stubbornly abstaining.

guy lifting weight (animated smiley):

O-IC
OI-C

"Oh, I see it"

Nov 16 2008, 5:29 pm Fisty Post #558

Quote from l)ark_ssj9kevin
I change my vote to lil-Inferno because he knows we MUST lynch or we lose anyway, and he's just stubbornly abstaining.
Why inferno? He's just an implied Abstain, while Oyen truly is abstaining.

We also have another chance of winning because of our friendly neighborhood Radioactive. Of course he could also royally fuck things up even worse too.

None.

Nov 16 2008, 5:36 pm InsolubleFluff Post #559

Yeah I complained to moose as to why we were losing if one of us gets lynched and he said he hadn't factored in our radioactive ;D! and so he said once he tally's up next he was gonna announce it o.o

None.

Nov 16 2008, 5:36 pm Oyen Post #560

Well, I've found clues that point to Deathman101 for every day of this game.

Day 3 #2
Lots of radio equipment. A few telephones. Some computers. Some speakers, a lot of wire. Broadcast is a busy man, always working to make sure his message is heard. Likewise, the mafia is working against him to make sure he doesn't expose them. The Broadcast was now fiddling with his tapes, making sure his recording was on there.

He removes the tape and finds it was ripped in half by the device. 75 feet of recording tape ruined. "Confound it, this thing is broken! I can't do it all alone!" he yells in frustration to no one in particular.
The Broadcast Lost Contact with the town. That Lost Contact topic was made by Deathman.

Day 3 #1
After an hour, Darkling walks by the scene and sees a corpse up against a still smoking car. From the opposite direction, another man walks towards the car to join the investigation. They meet by the car and examine the body. Darkling checks the body for a pulse, but finds none. "Holy shit, he's dead!" says Darkling to the man next to him. The man's left arm mutates into a submachine gun pointed at Darkling. "NO U" he says, filling Darkling with bullets.
Deathman101 has made a few topics regarding Doom 2. That game features enemies who have guns for arms, such as depicted on the cover below:

Also, notice that it is the monster's left arm that is a gun.

Day 2
Ever since the first murders had taken place, HailFire diligently worked on transforming his home into a miniature fortress. The windows are boarded up and painted shut. The doors are locked and barricaded. He even spreads fast drying cement on the floor to prevent any sort of tunnel or underground entry. HailFire is a smart man and spares no expense in preparing to survive this night. Nobody gets in. Nobody gets out. Yes. North, south, east, west, and down are all covered. However, there is one flaw in his security system that he has overlooked. The one the mafia would be using to strike him down tonight.

HailFire sleeps comfortably, enjoying the rain. Little does he know that the mafia are preparing to exploit his defenses. He cannot exactly see what comes through his roof, but can definitely hear it. It plunges into his house, straight through the roof, the floor, and is stopped by the cement and foundation of his home. HailFire contemplates the moonlight and the rain now entering his room for a split second, and then tries to make a run for it. As he leaves his room, he hears a man running up the stairs from his basement. HailFire is desperately trying to remove the barricade from his front door as the man enters the room. The door is finally clear. As HailFire undoes the chain on his door and inserts the key for his deadbolt lock, the man pulls the trigger. The door is painted with the blood of HailFire as he is shot in the back.
Hailfire's big defensive security system could reference Deathman's Tactical Defense topic, or the mafia's act of bursting into the house from above could reference Deathman's Operation Overtake topic.

Day 1
This desk was the only thing he had left to his name. He was a well-respected member of the community, but no one had been inside his vacant hell of a house for more than a week, and they did not realize the torment that he was internalizing.
Another reference to Doom 2: Hell on Earth.

I vote for Deathman101.

Post has been edited 2 time(s), last time on Nov 16 2008, 5:48 pm by Oyen.

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 26 27 28 29 3033 >
  Back to forum