Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 Map Showcase > Topic: Temple Siege v1
Temple Siege v1
Jul 10 2008, 8:31 am
By: ClansAreForGays
Pages: < 1 « 58 59 60 61 62140 >

Jan 11 2009, 9:07 pm Biophysicist Post #1181

What was the feedback on adding additional classes? I have a few suggestions if that ever comes to fruition.
I support adding more guys, but probably only one or two. I have a few unused ideas from Breach you could have if you want (if I can find my notebook again...)

- Gathering rates of Assimilators modified: 100% slower for a team of 3, 50% slower for a team of 2.
100% slower = no gathering. That wouldn't make sense and I doubt Moose made assims literally useless. :P What did you mean to say?

None.

Jan 11 2009, 9:10 pm Moose Post #1182

We live in a society.

Quote from name:TassadarZeratul
- Gathering rates of Assimilators modified: 100% slower for a team of 3, 50% slower for a team of 2.
100% slower = no gathering. That wouldn't make sense and I doubt Moose made assims literally useless. :P What did you mean to say?
100% slower = It takes twice as long.

Jan 11 2009, 9:30 pm MadZombie Post #1183

Why did you lower volts second spell duration? Was it because its too rigged? Or because the volt is better off since half the heros can manual and make it so volts lvl 2 isn't the cause of death.

None.

Jan 11 2009, 9:38 pm UnholyUrine Post #1184

Quote from Mini Moose 2707
To hold us over until Unholy's next version or something more extensive by myself:

1.4M2 <--- OMFG NEW FILE NAME STOP THE PRESSES
1. Kerrigans, Light Mage, and Summoner respawn with 0 energy.
2. Gathering rates of Assimilators modified: 100% slower for a team of 3, 50% slower for a team of 2.
3. Nexus builds faster and costs 100 minerals.
4. Cannon stats: 2000 HP, 10 Armor, 400 shields, 60 dmg. (500 less HP, 100 less shields)
5. Battle Tank got a shield cut of 200 and armor cut of 5.
6. Decaptitate (L4) upgrade changed from +20 to +30. (Assassin)
7. Fixed invincible Ghost bug. (Assault)
8. Cannot spawn multiple Ghosts by flying off the Arena location. (Assault)
9. Bug of no energy Corsair "should" be fixed. (Assault)
10. Feedback now costs 65 energy like Maelstrom. (Dark Mage)
11. Psionic Storm cost increased from 40 to 60 energy. (Dark and Light Mages)
12. Reavers now upgrade +7 damage instead of +10. (Light Mage, Battle Tanks)
13. Made Hyper Claw use 16 Lurkers again. Damage and upgrade is halved to 25 + 2. (overall less armor piercing)
14. HP of Special Ops went to 4400. (since compensation for the damage change is not implemented) Attack is now 15 + 2.
15. Increased cost of Adrenal Glands and Metabolic Boost to 75 minerals. (Summoner, Mutant L2)
16. Raised cost of Dark Swarm from 75 to 100 energy. (Summoner)
17. Decreased duration of Magnetic Channel (L2) from 80 to 60 counts. (Volt)

If we're lucky, that's all the changes. As a side note to Unholy, since you're working on your version simultaneously, I urge you to adopt the changes where applicable.

Now for my Quick and Dirty Reply =)

1. I feel this is unecessary
2. May be implemented. I want more feedback on this before I put it in
3. Already done.. Costs 60-80, less hp tho.
4. Already done
5. Battle tank stats = 750 hp, same shields, same armor, 150 dmg instead of 160. Scarab damage stays at +10.
6. May be implemented.. Probably +25 instead
7. Already done
8. I think I did that already =o
9. ?? Never seen that happen.. Maybe ju got EMP'ed?
10. Why?.. Feedback is not OP
11. I don't know. Is it really necessary?.. Some feedback from others would be greatly appreciated.
12. read above (5.)
13. May be implemented. Need feedback.
14. 4800 hp with 15+2. (and diff spell set :P)
15. Will be implemented. Done.
16. Done.
17. No. I have already made it "less OP" by making Heroes move into it every 3 DC. However, all summoned + spell units will be sucked into Volt every DC. Heroes will have the chance of running away if they can outrun Volt and no other units are blocking their way.

To Faz- and TassadarZeratul.
I already finished 2 spanking new heroes (One Overly Overpowered XD) But I need sm ideas for 2 more hereos.. Units left: Vulture, Aldaris, Critters (Ursadon + Kakaru). All ghosts have been used :P. No Air units. No Buildings >< (too hard to trigger).
Any ideas will be greatly appreciated... TY Very much =D

Now if you'll excuse me, I have some Bug squishing to do on the new heroes... Please give feedback to the ones I asked for =D thanks!

EDIT: oh and.. I like the fact that Reavers > Summoner. At least everyone can counter summoner in some way now.... O.o.. right now, you guys played the game more than me.. So i trust your suggestions.

None.

Jan 11 2009, 9:58 pm Biophysicist Post #1185

Units left: Vulture, Aldaris, Critters (Ursadon + Kakaru).
Shadow Golem: (Vulture)
1. Shadowport: Teleportation.
2. Dark Blast: Creates a Guardian over the Shadow Golem which only lasts a few seconds.
3. Confusion: An Arbiter appears over the Golem. In a few seconds, it explodes and a bunch of Hallucinations of the Golem appear in random spots near the Arbiter (JYD units).
4. Shadow Walk: Summons an Arbiter which can use Recall. During the day, if the Golem is standing directly under the Arbiter, the enemies lose shared vision to the Golem, cloaking him.

The role is a fast attack unit which is heavily countered by Detectors. Do you like my idea?

EDIT: Maybe I should change Dark Blast to summon a cloaked Wraith, so that Detectors have an even bigger advantage on it?

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Jan 11 2009, 10:29 pm by TassadarZeratul.

None.

Jan 11 2009, 10:33 pm Decency Post #1186

Darn, my main idea was for a Sniper as new unit. =p

Best bug ever, the game I'm playing right now there are two Mechs, one on each team. Lol. =D I randomed into it right as he chose it.

None.

Jan 11 2009, 10:37 pm ClansAreForGays Post #1187

I just hope v1.5 is Open Source like all your other ones.

Jan 11 2009, 10:49 pm Ultraviolet Post #1188

Quote from name:FaZ-

Best bug ever, the game I'm playing right now there are two Mechs, one on each team. Lol. =D I randomed into it right as he chose it.

That happened to me earlier ;o

Jan 12 2009, 12:32 am l)ark_ssj9kevin Post #1189

Just here for the activity... well not really

Quote from name:FaZ-

I just played with Urine and this also happened xD
Isn't vulture taken? Mech + his rail gun?
Isn't Aldrais taken? LM?

guy lifting weight (animated smiley):

O-IC
OI-C

"Oh, I see it"

Jan 12 2009, 12:59 am Ultraviolet Post #1190

LM = Tassadar. Aldaris isn't placeable via triggers ;o

Jan 12 2009, 1:13 am l)ark_ssj9kevin Post #1191

Just here for the activity... well not really

Aldaris = Light Barrier, no?

guy lifting weight (animated smiley):

O-IC
OI-C

"Oh, I see it"

Jan 12 2009, 1:21 am ClansAreForGays Post #1192

Quote from name:NerdyTerdy
LM = Tassadar. Aldaris isn't placeable via triggers ;o
which is why it isn't created, it's moved.

Jan 12 2009, 1:48 am MadZombie Post #1193

FFFUUUUUU-

Marine can rush to spell level 3 and create a bunker around the stairs of the right lane, spawn blocking. The Rine I played against also decided to be cool and irradiate his own sci vessels and almost double his exp quickly.

He was on the bottom team.

fgdsfdg.

None.

Jan 12 2009, 2:03 am Biophysicist Post #1194

Quote from l)ark_ssj9kevin
Isn't vulture taken? Mech + his rail gun?
Damn... Are you sure there are no other unused units? What about Ultralisks and Dragoons? I'm pretty sure at least one of them or one of their heroes is unused. There's probably /some/ unit that would work... Maybe the hero Goliath?

Oh, I had a better idea for one of my idea's spells: Summon A LOT of P12 DTs all around the character, and kill any P12 DTs adjacent to it. The DTs are not invulnerable. They all die in a few seconds. Then, the only people within range who can move are him and people with detector support.

None.

Jan 12 2009, 6:57 am Spinlock Post #1195

Quote from MadZombie
FFFUUUUUU-

Marine can rush to spell level 3 and create a bunker around the stairs of the right lane, spawn blocking. The Rine I played against also decided to be cool and irradiate his own sci vessels and almost double his exp quickly.

fgdsfdg.
Worse is that Dark Mage can do this from the very beginning (using the dark archon), and Kerrigan comes with storm as well, so if all of bottom team sends the spawn towards top/right path then the top team is royally screwed. Medic can also wall with its medics and do basically the same thing. The fact that the choke is BEHIND the cannons means that if done early game it's pretty much instant gg, possibly even with all the assims on the map due to the inability to feed and level the hero.

None.

Jan 12 2009, 6:57 am UnholyUrine Post #1196

.. Then why don't I just use the paralysing trigger that Volt, Assault, and Assassin have???

Yeah yours also stops summoned units.. but really that only affects Summoner.

And... yeah.. that really is all the units left.. .and I'm already pushing it with vulture n aldaris.. ><"

None.

Jan 12 2009, 7:15 am Jack Post #1197

>be faceless void >mfw I have no face

There's a sort of exploit which I don't think is fixed, if a team has a firebat and a DM on the same team, they can sit at their base and feedback corsairs over and over again, until the DM has 3 times as much exp as everyone else.

Also I don't think the mutalisk bug with infinite mutas that are flown off the side of the map is fixed yet, though I could be wrong.

Red classic.

"In short, their absurdities are so extreme that it is painful even to quote them."

Jan 12 2009, 10:00 am Iceman16 Post #1198

Twice as long = 50% slower.

None.

Jan 12 2009, 10:48 am DumbMarine Post #1199

Quote from Iceman16
Twice as long = 50% slower.

150% normal time = not twice as long.
200% normal time = twice as long.

Given context it should be obvious what the change in assimilator rate is, regardless of pedantics.

TassadarZeratul: The hero dragoon is not in use IIRC. Pretty much every ground unit is in use except for Alexi as of 1.4 (I don't know what the hero Goon is used for, though). The mech monopolizes the terran factory units, aldaris is in use (LM's l1?), both ultras are in use (summoner and mutant's l4), etc...

I've only played one game of the new version so far, a 2v2, and my first impressions of this are mostly good. The slower gathering rate of assimilators definitely makes spamming them more difficult in the early game, though I don't know if its enough of a change yet. The lower attack upgrade for the marine is definitely interesting, as a warrior I could stay in fighting shape for quite a while even when he had 14 attack upgrades. I don't know about the battle tank/building changes as I wasn't able to get money fast enough, not that I was really trying. I think upping storm cost is a good idea, although I suspect it might wreck the balance of LM and DM more than intended. The headaches from storm often come from its abuse rather than them being spammed.

The two changes which I have immediate issue with are the feedback change and the reaver nerf. Why? The other things I'll hold off on commenting until trying it out.

None.

Jan 12 2009, 12:11 pm MadZombie Post #1200

Quote from Spinlock
Quote from MadZombie
FFFUUUUUU-

fgdsfdg.
Worse is that Dark Mage can do this from the very beginning (using the dark archon), and Kerrigan comes with storm as well, so if all of bottom team sends the spawn towards top/right path then the top team is royally screwed. Medic can also wall with its medics and do basically the same thing. The fact that the choke is BEHIND the cannons means that if done early game it's pretty much instant gg, possibly even with all the assims on the map due to the inability to feed and level the hero.
Then I guess thats going to be one of those things that can only be fixed with self restraint. D:

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 58 59 60 61 62140 >
  Back to forum