Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 Map Showcase > Topic: Temple Siege v1
Temple Siege v1
Jul 10 2008, 8:31 am
By: ClansAreForGays
Pages: < 1 « 59 60 61 62 63140 >

Jan 12 2009, 1:18 pm Ahli Post #1201

I do stuff and thingies... Try widening and reducing the number of small nooks and crannies to correct the problem.

Quote from MadZombie
Quote from Spinlock
Quote from MadZombie
FFFUUUUUU-

Marine can rush to spell level 3 and create a bunker around the stairs of the right lane, spawn blocking. The Rine I played against also decided to be cool and irradiate his own sci vessels and almost double his exp quickly.

He was on the bottom team.

fgdsfdg.
Worse is that Dark Mage can do this from the very beginning (using the dark archon), and Kerrigan comes with storm as well, so if all of bottom team sends the spawn towards top/right path then the top team is royally screwed. Medic can also wall with its medics and do basically the same thing. The fact that the choke is BEHIND the cannons means that if done early game it's pretty much instant gg, possibly even with all the assims on the map due to the inability to feed and level the hero.
Then I guess thats going to be one of those things that can only be fixed with self restraint. D:
You can lower the reward, if you set the kill score to 0, if none of the enemy units died during the trigger cycle. You would only get the rewards and xp, if enemy units were killed at the same time anywhere on the map.

Jan 12 2009, 4:55 pm Lt.Church Post #1202

Quote from unholyurine
6. May be implemented.. Probably +25 instead

uh, youre aware currently archers lv1 gets almost the same damage per up as assassins lv4, aswell as mutants 2,3 aswell as basically every class with an attack, right now the upgrades to decapitate are so insanely low its sad; if im not mistaken mutalisks get what +12(divided across the spawns) and they get multiple shots at range, and costs less then a quarter of the mp. and its nothing special being cloaked as archer can easily pump muta ups, burrow at night in the spawn line and use it, bang boom, cloaked kills.

None.

Jan 12 2009, 5:03 pm Decency Post #1203

Assassin decapitate upgrade is important, please add that.

As for Corsairs, just create them invincible or give them enough shields so they don't die in a single feedback. And please rename them.

None.

Jan 12 2009, 5:47 pm Moose Post #1204

We live in a society.

Quote from Ahli
You can lower the reward, if you set the kill score to 0, if none of the enemy units died during the trigger cycle. You would only get the rewards and xp, if enemy units were killed at the same time anywhere on the map.
To be honest, if I was the kind of person who did this kind of thing, I would have no problem not getting XP from my storm kills if it meant the entire other team would be denied any XP.

Jan 12 2009, 8:11 pm Biophysicist Post #1205

.. Then why don't I just use the paralysing trigger that Volt, Assault, and Assassin have???
Because you can kill the DTs if you have a Detector.

As for the DTs blocking summons, you can always kill one to make room for the summon. They still can't move so no problem.

None.

Jan 12 2009, 8:14 pm Spinlock Post #1206

Quote from Mini Moose 2707
Quote from Ahli
To be honest, if I was the kind of person who did this kind of thing, I would have no problem not getting XP from my storm kills if it meant the entire other team would be denied any XP.
Yeah, the inability of the top team to feed is the main problem, and the extra exp for the bottom team only speeds their death.

Quote from name:TassadarZeratul
.. Then why don't I just use the paralysing trigger that Volt, Assault, and Assassin have???
Because you can kill the DTs if you have a Detector.

As for the DTs blocking summons, you can always kill one to make room for the summon. They still can't move so no problem.
Kill the DTs for massive feed? Or will they have too much life to be easily killed?

None.

Jan 12 2009, 8:18 pm Biophysicist Post #1207

Kill the DTs for massive feed? Or will they have too much life to be easily killed?
Erm. Crap, your right about the massive feed. You can change it to civs/critters cloaked by a P12 Arbiter (civs and critters have 0 kill score, right?), which would solve that problem.

EDIT: So here's the current version of my idea:
Shadow Golem: (Hero Dragoon)
1. Wall of Shadows: Creates a large number of P12 civilians and a P12 Arbiter all around the Shadow Golem, and kills any P12 civs adjacent to him. (So the only people who can move are the Golem and people with Detector support.) (The civs are not invulnerable.)
2. Dark Blast: Creates a Guardian over the Shadow Golem which only lasts a few seconds. (This could be changed to a cloaked Wraith if desired.)
3. Confusion: An Arbiter appears over the Golem. In a few seconds, it explodes and a bunch of Hallucinations of the Golem appear in random spots near the Arbiter (JYD units).
4. Shadow Walk: Summons an Arbiter which can use Recall. During the day, if the Golem is standing directly under the Arbiter, the enemies lose shared vision to the Golem, cloaking him.

Yes, Detectors are very useful against him. That's intentional. :P

Post has been edited 4 time(s), last time on Jan 12 2009, 8:31 pm by TassadarZeratul.

None.

Jan 12 2009, 8:43 pm Pigy_G Post #1208

As for Corsairs, just create them invincible or give them enough shields so they don't die in a single feedback. And please rename them.

noooo I like feedbacking enemy sairs, this is just like wall storming or force attacking allied units. If they do it, ban them in future games. Can't be helped.

I guess hes using a lot of the unused units for the next ver.

Hero Name: Enigma
Unit: ???

The theme is basically a being from outerspace equipped with space spells dude. Pimp.

Stardust (Lvl 1)

Creates a scrouge, when moved and only when moved leaves a spray of damaging air units in its path.

Moonwalk (Lvl 2)

Teleports your hero back to the location he was at 10 seconds ago.

Lightspeed (Lvl 3)

Stuns or slows down every or just enemy heroes to give the effect of traveling faster.

Black Hole (Lvl 4)

This spell is also deployable via air unit.
Like the volts spell it sucks you into it, this one however spits you out at a random location as well as damaging you in the process with the same unit as your level one so upgrades help both. Does not of course teleport you inside enemys base.

I think some of the spells are pretty cool and they all fit the names which is also cool.
Hope you like :mudkip:

None.

Jan 12 2009, 9:41 pm th1rt33n Post #1209

what about a hero thats spells can control day and night (how long it lasts) or something like that.

None.

Jan 12 2009, 10:19 pm Biophysicist Post #1210

That would be either OP or useless.

None.

Jan 12 2009, 11:27 pm l)ark_ssj9kevin Post #1211

Just here for the activity... well not really

Spell idea for DM/Medic/The New Ghost Hero:
Sets and maintains unit mana at (and maybe maintain it at) 250 for cloak.

guy lifting weight (animated smiley):

O-IC
OI-C

"Oh, I see it"

Jan 13 2009, 3:16 am ClansAreForGays Post #1212

Quote from Spinlock
Quote from MadZombie
FFFUUUUUU-

Marine can rush to spell level 3 and create a bunker around the stairs of the right lane, spawn blocking. The Rine I played against also decided to be cool and irradiate his own sci vessels and almost double his exp quickly.

fgdsfdg.
Worse is that Dark Mage can do this from the very beginning (using the dark archon), and Kerrigan comes with storm as well, so if all of bottom team sends the spawn towards top/right path then the top team is royally screwed. Medic can also wall with its medics and do basically the same thing. The fact that the choke is BEHIND the cannons means that if done early game it's pretty much instant gg, possibly even with all the assims on the map due to the inability to feed and level the hero.
Actually no. As someone who has played this from the beginning I have to say that the most frustrating thing from the beginning that has never been taken seriously is spawn pathing. It fucks up and almost never goes where you want it to and when your partner leaves you have no control over that lane. They also take terrible directions in reaching their target, but this is where the game saves it self from what you just mentioned.

Now I'm sure you thought in your head that if you were South and you just sent all your units to that top right lane then they would all just clog leaving the enemy XP-less, but I know you didn't actually try it. I did. If you did you'd know that the spawns really don't give a fuck about what you want them to do and will actually take the CENTER path and then trek to the top.

There is no issue here.

Jan 13 2009, 3:42 am Spinlock Post #1213

Quote from ClansAreForGays
Quote from Spinlock
Quote from MadZombie
FFFUUUUUU-

fgdsfdg.
Actually no. As someone who has played this from the beginning I have to say that the most frustrating thing from the beginning that has never been taken seriously is spawn pathing. It fucks up and almost never goes where you want it to and when your partner leaves you have no control over that lane. They also take terrible directions in reaching their target, but this is where the game saves it self from what you just mentioned.

Now I'm sure you thought in your head that if you were South and you just sent all your units to that top right lane then they would all just clog leaving the enemy XP-less, but I know you didn't actually try it. I did. If you did you'd know that the spawns really don't give a fuck about what you want them to do and will actually take the CENTER path and then trek to the top.

There is no issue here.
You're right I have never tried it... but I have played against people who did, and I was sitting in center path waiting for some broodlings to come my way, but had no such luck.

None.

Jan 13 2009, 4:00 am Decency Post #1214

They take a different pathing route depending on where they spawn from. If they spawn from the middle or bottom spawner, and are told to take the top route, they aren't going to go the normal path.

Also, a couple of bugfixes:
- Make sure the Assault's L4 stays on the mission objectives.
- If a LM leaves while casting his L1, the invincible "Energy" 's stay.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Jan 13 2009, 4:19 am by FaZ-.

None.

Jan 13 2009, 8:54 pm xYoshix Post #1215

Idea?:

Priest
Unit: Aldaris
Role: Buffer/Supporter

Spells:

Punishment: 2 waves of 3 intercepters get created

Swiftness: The priest and every teamate around the Priest gets random invince (dodge) for w/e seconds

Cure: The Priest and every teamate around the Priest gets healed (not full)

Divine Punishment: The priest and every teamate around the team gets a scout created on top of their unit that follows them. This scout belongs to the priest and stays for a short while

Switch em around if nessesary
Priest might be OP :D

None.

Jan 13 2009, 9:14 pm ClansAreForGays Post #1216

Don't worry, it won't be used.

Jan 13 2009, 9:15 pm xYoshix Post #1217

Quote from ClansAreForGays
Don't worry, it won't be used.

I knew that :P

None.

Jan 13 2009, 10:49 pm Iceman16 Post #1218

I think a fenix/dragoon is the most likely hero option.

None.

Jan 14 2009, 12:25 am DumbMarine Post #1219

Please, no arbiter based characters. >.<

None.

Jan 14 2009, 3:54 am puffyfish Post #1220

does anyone have replays of people playing well?

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 59 60 61 62 63140 >
  Back to forum