Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 Map Showcase > Topic: Temple Siege v1
Temple Siege v1
Jul 10 2008, 8:31 am
By: ClansAreForGays
Pages: < 1 « 3 4 5 6 7140 >

Aug 14 2008, 12:44 pm Moose Post #81

We live in a society.

I was playing yesterday and came up with a few more ideas.

-Losing a life should reset mana. (Hi, I just died, but I somehow have mana from a past life!?)
In addition, you may or may not want to have death remove Summoner's Ultra/Lings, Mines, Dark Archons, Companion Archers, and/or Nuclear Ghosts, etc.

-Put a cap on how many Science Vessels the Special Ops can build. (3 or 4)
-Put a cap on how many Nuclear Ghosts Assault can summon. (I don't really see a need for more than 1.)
-Put a cap on (insert summon here).

-Why are we able to upgrade Protoss Air?

-Disable the Overlord Speed upgrade for Archer's camp.

-No way Ensnare should cost 20, that's much too low. Given the Dark Mage gets it, it makes it REALLY DIFFICULT to miss with the curses. (or Mael) Since the curses are so powerful, they're even worse when the Dark Mage gets free shots with them. Ensnare should cost 50 at least.

-Decrease Photon Cannon cost to 100, maybe even 80. 120 is just not worth it.

-Remove Nuclear Silos for non-Assault players at game start, this way pubs stop asking me what Nukes do.

-Can you boost Light Mage's HP a little, maybe to 3000? He's so slow, he could really use it.

-For Volt, I feel that the first and 3rd spells are redundant. I would move the first spell to the second and increase its power slightly somehow (greater scourge range or stun time maybe). Put Magnetic Charge in the third and increase it's range, then put back the Hallucinations for the first spell. That's how I would balance Volt's spells.

-The clogging problem at the top right base seems to be a trigger problem. White's AI units go up the stairs and then turn around in the middle of the stairs for some reason and go back down to the mountain bridge area instead of going around and past the gate. So, the troops get in each other's way and the whole thing turns to a splash damager's XP dream.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Aug 14 2008, 12:54 pm by Mini Moose 2707.

Aug 14 2008, 5:27 pm ClansAreForGays Post #82

spawned units lose their ai orders under dweb.

If you are going to cap vessels (don't really need to) make it 5-6.

Don't cap assault's ghosts. It's cool Emergent Gameplay. I like to be creative with them and actually use them in lanes to milk like a summoner would.

Light Mage, if it ain't broke don't fix it.

About the volt, this is why you should have played the first 1 moose. The hallus are what actually made the volt buggy to begin with. Just nerf his lv1 down a little bit and It'll be ok. With his lv1 not being the game ending paralyser it is anymore, his lv3 won't be redundant.

Adding an item shop could potentially be the best or worst thing for this game.

Aug 14 2008, 7:23 pm Moose Post #83

We live in a society.

Oh, if you could move the Probe purchaser away from the Temple so that I can micro to save my base without spending a bunch of minerals, that would be great too.

Aug 15 2008, 1:16 am ClansAreForGays Post #84

Scratch moving to west, every1 hacks... and they dont ph34r me.

They also don't consider kerrigan or volt op.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Aug 15 2008, 2:50 am by ClansAreForGays.

Aug 16 2008, 12:54 am Vi3t-X Post #85

- Major Reccomendation -

According to Shocko, Ops needs to be nerfed. View replay, go near the end. My epic strategy is epic, but it must go away.

None.

Aug 16 2008, 3:37 am ClansAreForGays Post #86

Viet, you are just surprisingly good at spec ops. Shocko isn't even good at the game(from when we've played).

Aug 16 2008, 3:44 am UnholyUrine Post #87

Ugh.. I can't view the replays correctly.. I think SC screws them up even if i'm watching it in regular speed..
Is there any programs out tehre that makes the replays work for sure??

None.

Aug 16 2008, 3:46 am ClansAreForGays Post #88

Viet, you really don't expect any1 to sit through that long as hell replay on normal speed for something at the end do u? Just type it out.

Aug 16 2008, 4:06 am InsolubleFluff Post #89

3vs3

Viet, Some pubby & Dark w.e his name is vs Lethal_Illusion, Kaias and I

I forget the order of who dies, but regardless towards the end it's 2vs1
Dark n Viet vs I

I have 3 lives, Dark has 1, Viet has 2 I have 3
or something alike.

I kill off Dark (either once or twice depending on who had the two lives)
Then I think I killed Viet (which I why I also think he had two lives)
However Dark used OP SC Volt on me and killed me twice...
Viet spamming mines everywhere is zzzz, I run in there, get fuxed up, have 8hp left, running like a mofo, a mine follows me and I die, end of story.

None.

Aug 16 2008, 4:50 am ClansAreForGays Post #90

Sounds more like just an epic win.

Aug 16 2008, 5:13 am Vi3t-X Post #91

No, it wasn't an epic win. It was epic LULZ.

None.

Aug 17 2008, 2:18 pm Dem0n Post #92

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

I may not have been playing the newest version, but the one that I was playing seemed soo rigged for bat and rine! The bat gets stim and a big attack, while the rine also gets stim and that spider mine spell in which you can't kill the mines! If you haven't, I think you should not make the mines invincible.

Aug 17 2008, 2:36 pm Vi3t-X Post #93

Another day, another victim. :bleh:

However, on a sidenote, I do agree with him. As much as I love that trick, it does seem a bit unbalanced.

Edit: After playing with Boundz, forget it, Rine is perfectly balanced. Halucinations rip mines to shreds...

None.

Aug 17 2008, 3:33 pm Moose Post #94

We live in a society.

Quote from name:Dem0nS1ayer
I may not have been playing the newest version, but the one that I was playing seemed soo rigged for bat and rine! The bat gets stim and a big attack, while the rine also gets stim and that spider mine spell in which you can't kill the mines! If you haven't, I think you should not make the mines invincible.
Does it really matter? By the time you shoot the 50 mines with armor that the Rine lays down, he'll just heal and come back to finish you off. There are numerous counters, and you just probably didn't have or use any of them.

Aug 17 2008, 3:52 pm UnholyUrine Post #95

The mines were invincible for marine's Last spell because I didn't give mines that much Armor before... so they kept killing themselves
Now that i set it up to have 5hp but very high armor, I don't think i need to make them invincible anymore =)

and I'm taking my time on the new version.. ><" right now some issues I have are
  • P2 defiler placement (Spells marker, meaning no spells affect p2)
  • Balancing for the Nukes for Firebat
  • Balancing for Spawners.. It seems that upgrading Spawners doesn't work very often
  • the Surprises.. man i needa do a lot of work for them :C

BUT I will finish it =D WITH the surprises.. (if ur smart, u'd've guessed what they are already lol)

None.

Aug 17 2008, 3:57 pm Moose Post #96

We live in a society.

Quote from UnholyUrine
[*]Balancing for the Nukes for Firebat
This is a tough job. It'll kill most players in one shot. Thier HP is usually a low %, unless they've upgraded quite a bit, and nuke will do % based damage. (or 500, but none of the classes have that kind of low HP for that to apply)
It also kills the base in two shots.

Quote from UnholyUrine
[*]Balancing for Spawners.. It seems that upgrading Spawners doesn't work very often
Define "work". It seems to work perfectly. Strategical viability, on the other hand...

Aug 18 2008, 12:34 pm Vi3t-X Post #97

See, the problem with "uninvincing" the mines are the fact that those who choose the Light Mage will have eZ feedz.

A single psionic storm which is relatively cheap energy wise, can rape it all. One cannot stand for that!

None.

Aug 19 2008, 3:56 pm InsolubleFluff Post #98

mines don't even do that much dmg... I had to blow up like 100's of em before I got low on health...

None.

Aug 19 2008, 4:09 pm Ahli Post #99

I do stuff and thingies... Try widening and reducing the number of small nooks and crannies to correct the problem.

mech's siege tanks (at least first spell) need to stay a little bit longer because sometimes one isn't shoting because it had to spin around.

Aug 19 2008, 7:07 pm ClansAreForGays Post #100

Quote from Ahli
mech's siege tanks (at least first spell) need to stay a little bit longer because sometimes one isn't shoting because it had to spin around.
I don't have that problem.

@shocko: That's why any further nerfing of mines(taking away invinc.) would make them unusable.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 3 4 5 6 7140 >
  Back to forum