Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 Map Showcase > Topic: Temple Siege v1
Temple Siege v1
Jul 10 2008, 8:31 am
By: ClansAreForGays
Pages: < 1 « 2 3 4 5 6140 >

Aug 12 2008, 5:55 am UnholyUrine Post #61

Thanks for all the support <3...
I usually never pick up a map that has been done.. and especially not in such short time.. but .. i'm doing it right now... and using SEN as my checklist...
anyways.. since ppl are pumping v1.3 out (gay ones). i donno if i should make the next one v1.3 .. v1.3 f .. or v1.4..
i need sm advice on that

Btw.. i have some surpises in the next version for you all.. and it will definately make the next ver diff from all the previous versions ;)
heheheh.. Hopefully.. u'll like the "surprises"! =D

None.

Aug 12 2008, 8:16 am MasterJohnny Post #62

You need to make the version 2.0 so then they expect some major improvements also you need to protect the map atleast some low level protection
(urine I usually don't listen to these guys)

I am a Mathematician

Aug 12 2008, 5:20 pm ClansAreForGays Post #63

If your actually going to be adding stuff, then I'd suggest 2.0 also. Srsly use farty's TinyMap. I can't get it to work for me, but you can always just email it to him, and have him do on his computer for you!
Just remember, what we really want are our bug fixes!

Aug 12 2008, 8:17 pm Magicide Post #64

Sleeping wolves wake hungry.

Quote from Greo

Some things just don't seem to be worth buying. For example, all of the creature spawning buildings are just not worth it, since they'll just become exp to the enemy team. Armor is just not worth it, since it costs more to nullify attack bonuses than it does to increase attack damage. Maybe if it were... 2+2x minerals? I dunno.

I won a 1v2 on this map, and the main reason was the fact i kept building spawners.

Definitely worth it =)

Aug 12 2008, 8:21 pm UnholyUrine Post #65

I was kind of saving "v2.0" for Sc2 ....

None.

Aug 12 2008, 9:07 pm Thuy Post #66

Quote from UnholyUrine
i don't think sc2 will be coming out in 2008, probably late 2009 is the earliest date

None.

Aug 12 2008, 9:25 pm Moose Post #67

We live in a society.

Quote from Magicide
Quote from Greo

Some things just don't seem to be worth buying. For example, all of the creature spawning buildings are just not worth it, since they'll just become exp to the enemy team. Armor is just not worth it, since it costs more to nullify attack bonuses than it does to increase attack damage. Maybe if it were... 2+2x minerals? I dunno.

I won a 1v2 on this map, and the main reason was the fact i kept building spawners.

Definitely worth it =)
Try it with me and CAFG as the 2 and we'll talk.

Aug 12 2008, 10:30 pm ClansAreForGays Post #68

I'd literally cry if someone beat me with spawners.

Quote from UnholyUrine

... I don't think you really need to make such discretion between a SC map and a SC2 map. you should really just call the SC2 map Temple Siege.

Aug 13 2008, 1:07 am Moose Post #69

We live in a society.

There's a bad string somewhere where it says that one skill point buys 25 minerals instead of 35.

Also, get rid of that free skill point for reading the entire tutorial.

Quote from UnholyUrine
heheheh.. Hopefully.. u'll like the "surprises"! =D
*starts making his own ripoff map*
Quote from ClansAreForGays
Just remember, what we really want are our bug fixes!
Yes. And balance changes. ;)

Aug 13 2008, 1:25 am DrunkenNoodle Post #70

I encountered a glitch when a player (orange to be specific) had a probe next to a pylon. When he was eliminated, the pylon still belonged to him thus disabling the cannons. Great map by the way. :D

None.

Aug 13 2008, 2:28 am Moose Post #71

We live in a society.

Yes, I have mentioned the Pylon bug many times, and it applies to all players.

Here is a replay of me and CAFG playing against a Summoner 2v1. We try to win through spawning. He gets about 3500 XP (we had about 500 combined). We lose hardcore.

Aug 13 2008, 2:31 am ClansAreForGays Post #72

It's still fucking epic how close we came and how much ownage we were able to pull off. Definitely worth a look.

Aug 13 2008, 4:45 am InsolubleFluff Post #73

Did you read my thing a few pages back, I am curious as to why that happened.

None.

Aug 13 2008, 5:15 am ClansAreForGays Post #74

Actually, that happens to me every game with every character. I might have also noticed the same thing at 80 mana.

Urine, can you give a more detailed list of ALL the changes made this time? It took me a while to pin down all the little tweaks you made that weren't listed, and I still don't think I got them all.

Aug 13 2008, 8:49 am Kaias Post #75

I played this with minimoose.

Everyone got pissed at me because
A. I was afk for quite some time
B. I died
C. I sucked

But I swear, that douche guy's medic walled me off and trapped me and that's the only reason I died. Also, wth? cloaking only does anything at night?

None.

Aug 13 2008, 10:38 am Thuy Post #76

HUGE BUGGG, purple was able to get 2 heroes and constantly heal making him invincible,
people were taking forever to pick so i attacked some heroes with my ling and the neutral heroes moved and switched beacon, (zealot and archon) when purple went on the beacon to pick archon, it said that he has been "slained" but after all players picked he spawned with the zealot and archon

i posted the replay for you to check it out

Attachments:
temple siege huge bug.rep
Hits: 2 Size: 268.51kb

None.

Aug 13 2008, 2:08 pm close.ads Post #77

Quote from Kaias

B. I died
C. I sucked

But I swear, that douche guy's medic walled me off and trapped me and that's the only reason I died. Also, wth? cloaking only does anything at night?

LOL! Stolen for siggy!

Well cloaking is insanely powerful at night! Just kill spawns at the day, forget about armor and get attack. When night comes you can own. I eliminate random_player_A_on_bnet by just guessing where he is at night and smack! Gone! He didn't even have the time to react.

None.

Aug 13 2008, 9:34 pm Moose Post #78

We live in a society.

He was talking about medic. (I think.) Medic doesn't have DT's permacloak... it wears off rather fast, making it more useful for escape than attack. Medic doesn't have the offensive spells or the damage that DT does either.

Anyway, my suggestion is to make Brown a more minimap-friendly color. He blends into the terrain on minimap so easily, and I dislike having to hit Tab.

Aug 14 2008, 5:57 am UnholyUrine Post #79

Quote from Kaias

B. I died
C. I sucked

Cloaking is just for DT, and a narrow escape for medic/dark mage...

As for all the updates.. I worked on some of it, but the hardest part is getting the "Surprises" ready and general balacing after the tweak...
If u'd like to help me test stuff, just come over to Clan Orig at Uswest ..
Let the Bug Squishing Continue!

None.

Aug 14 2008, 7:32 am ClansAreForGays Post #80

I start going on west for now, but I'll switch back once your new version is out. I suggest EVERYONE follow my lead.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 2 3 4 5 6140 >
  Back to forum