Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 Map Showcase > Topic: Temple Siege v1
Temple Siege v1
Jul 10 2008, 8:31 am
By: ClansAreForGays
Pages: < 1 2 3 4 5140 >

Aug 7 2008, 6:41 am Moose Post #41

We live in a society.

It appears to be 100% according to the triggers. As well as 100% shields and energy.

EDIT: I played Medic today. It sets to 100%.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Aug 7 2008, 9:36 pm by Mini Moose 2707.

Aug 8 2008, 1:48 am Echo Post #42

Transformers sucks ass. You need to change it so it isnt the least favorite unit. It has low HP, low damage, and low MP. All the transformations sucks ass too. Vulture especially.

None.

Aug 8 2008, 4:21 am stickynote Post #43

No it doesn't. Use thor's hammer often. As in very often. Spam it. It is a hero killer.
At clansareforgays, did you release v1.3? There are some mistakes. In the mission briefings, the mission objectives still say v1.2, the mission objectives (for the spells for volt), spell 1 says the same thing it did in v1, fission, create 4 hallucinations, but it isn't that anymore. Those are the only mistakes that I know of so far.

None.

Aug 8 2008, 5:01 am UnholyUrine Post #44

=O whao.. This is Urine here to just answer all your questions and comments.. Mostly moose's since he has the most questions and comments lol...
Quote from Mini Moose 2707

[quote=name:Mini Moose 2707]-In the north section towards the middle, there is a ramp than runs up and into a cliff wall. I don't know if that's intentional or not, but it's just weird.
I think that was intended.. It's kind of an artwork by Mneox.

-IMO, spawning and bases don't seem to be a good option for winning. I don't know if you intended building and spawning to be a major part of the game. Nobody I played with ever WANTED to capture bases... capturing a base means that more units start running around, and that means that the other team is going to level up faster.
EDIT: I played a game where I tried winning via spawning. I had Goons and Firebats crap running around, which is great. Except they give a LOT of exp to the other heroes when they kill them. With all those levels coming in, they're killing them and taking .5 damage in no time at all.
Also, a much quicker way to access which buildings spawn what would be great. (instead of cycling through many tutorial pages)
Well capturing bases really requires strategy. Just outwardly capturing them doesn't help you at all times. but for slow units like the Light Mage.. it is something very good to have. Also, if you have Manually upgraded the spawn level, then it'd be good to have these outposts. That also works for late game strategies, since the spawn units are much better.
As for the spawn building description... ehh i donno where i can put that ^^.
Spawning units are effective against mana/spell driven heroes.. But they MAY seem to lack firepower against heroes. However it's balanced in a way since they can be there to merely help your hero.. Get your hero to be in the frontline, and the enemy heroes can't stand against you.

-The final spell for the Archon is a bit overpowered. Particularily when you can upgrade mana enough to regenerate all of the energy it uses by the time it's finished. That isn't necessarily the problem, perhaps a decrease in the transformed Archon's attack power and shields will do the trick. Unless a super pimped out Archon hero was intended to be a game ender. The only thing that can phase it is EMP. Otherwise it can just park in front of the enemy temple and laugh at anything that wastes its time shooting it.
Hmm, I never noticed that. I'll keep that in mind for the balacing bit.

-Maelstrom is overpowered as a first spell. Wow, I've seen it rape so many times because players can't escape. Besides, there are only two heroes that it can't effect. I was glad to be on that team.
Yeaaaa I noticed that after a while.. I'm gonna change it to 100 E or something like that.

-The Zergling's Lurker spell does too much damage for my liking. But, I haven't actually played as Ling yet. I'll check it out and get back to you on this one. As of now, it seems that the +4 it gets is a bit much. +3 would be a bit better.
Okely Dokely.

-I'd like to see more done with the day and night system. Right now, it just seems like vision is the only effect. But, I haven't played all the heroes yet. The DT hero would be the exception to this, because it becomes cloaked at night.
Well I don't know what more could be done really.... It was really just a way for people to sneak around capturing outpost/have some time trying to build secretively.. which for me was good enough for the Gameplay... However.. I will try to implement future heroes to have affects on the day n night thingy. But right now I have no idea what else I can do about the Day n Night effect.

-I would like to be able to see the Dark Templar hero on the beacon, so I can click it and look at its stats.

Lol i was being lazy.. fiiine ..

-There are some grammar and spelling errors. (such as "has been slained", and a "ur" in the briefing). Since I like this map, I am willing to go through all of your strings and correct such errors for you if you wish for me to do so. Let me know.

><" yes.. ppl laughed at me about the word "Slained" .. it just rolled off my tongue =)... As for fixing it... I'll just fix the "Slained" thing.. the rest shouldn't be too bothersome...

-I just played as the Mech Hero, and it has some issues, too. First off, I think that the Vulture form needs the speed upgrade. Also, for the vulture, the "Rail Gun" attack is extremely lame - the Vultures change out too often and that means that about 75% of them don't even get a chance to attack. The upgrade damage for the one-shot tank spawns needs to be increased as well, +2 is not enough, considering you have the Zergling's Lurker spell getting upgrades of +4!
(Also, having each form on display behind the beacon will help influence decisions there.)
Ahh the mech.. the MOSt problematic unit as far as balacing AND triggering (grr) .. I'll fix the speed upgrade... and the vulture change out time to be a bit longer. I'll have mech better balanced. In the meantime, however, Mech is one of my fav unit in terms of being Annoying =D. (Dark mage being 2nd)

-Make sure P12 Civilians are removed, in addition to removing Civilians for players upon elimination. Otherwise they can improve the team's spawns via level points or hit the anti-hack.

-South base has an unprotect geyser, whereas the north does not. The cannon placement of the geyser right out of the northernmost exit of the north base does not protect the geyser as well as the one directly north of the south base.
I will fix these... .. This post shall be my checklist =D

-Assault is a good class, except... Tear Gas blows. You use a DWeb to slow down enemies and drain their mana, making it nice for you to attack them. Until you find out IT AFFECTS YOU TOO. And if you want to attack the opponent affected by it, you have no choice but to walk into it. The only change I would make to this class is making the caster immune to the effects of Tear Gas.
Actually Assault has some bugs with its dropship thing. And actually, I sorta wanted the tear gas to affect everyone, cause then it'd be somewhat cheap for the firebat.. If i were to make the caster unaffected, then I'd probably take out the mana drainage of the Tear gas.

-I was playing as Warrior, and for some reason it took my Dragoon spell a couple of seconds to cast. As in, the Dragoon was sitting there in the Gateway for roughly 15 gate seconds. This should not and can not happen, particularily when I'm about to die.
THAT i have a definate answer. It was because, with the way i worked the spells, One can only have one spell on at one time. Meaning you probably had ur shields on and couldn't do ur 2nd spell. However, I'm planning to change that, so don't wry.

-Give the Summoner's Zerglings a +1 upgrade instead of +2. They attack so fast that +2 is too much. Or disallow them from the Attack Speed Upgrade.
I"m definately having major problems trying to find the Perfect balance for Summoner... I've tried +1 upgrades, and Summoner REALLY SUCKS if that happens.. So I might try +1 upgrades, but summon 2 zlings per spell instead.. Any suggestions would be nice.

-Can you adjustment the location on the Psi Disruptor or its placement? I shouldn't have to order my Civs to walk over to the spell upgrade purchase more than twice.
Yeah... .. i'll fix that lol ><"

-I lost my last life while my probe was sitting by a Pylon. It didn't give the Pylon back to the base, leaving the cannons useless.[/quoet] May have been something due to the squareness of locations...

[quote=name:Mini Moose 2707]-Remove Ranger's buildings when he dies the last time.

-The Ranger's fourth spell takes awhile to attack get the attacks started. Too hard to hit with it.
K i can remove the buildings.. But the fourth spell is cool and more balanced this way.

-The HP upgrades don't seem like 6%. Considering we start at 20%, 6%s wouldn't add up to 100% anyway. Something's up there.
WOW, i can't believe you noticed THAT... lol.. U see, i started off in v1 starting with only 10% hp.. It seemed too difficult to start off with (especially assassin and light mage) so i started off at 20%.. Made the upgrades +4% each until 34%, and then back to +6% each upgrade... You must have a very mathematical mind!..

Quote from ClansAreForGays
Known glitches:
Goliath misplace results in death.
Tele/Spwn points aren't recoverable.
Volt becomes permanently invincible when lv4 used.
volt Lv3 doesn't work.
Zealot/Warrior Lv3 doesn't work.
Goliath works....
I remembered i fixed the Outpost Warpgate =\.. I better check them again.. They only glitched Once (which i fixed) when i played them.
Volt is a bit buggy too.. but volt's lv 3 spell should be working...
Volt's level 4 shouln't make it invincible.. unless i missed a trigger there.. I'll check it out.... but what i notice is that when Volt dies, and respawns, sometimes he's 100% hp.. I couldn't find why..

Quote from stickynote
-The experience seems to be inaccurate. I started off a game with five kills but no experience. When I started killing again I got a bunch of experience all at once.
It is 150 killscore per 4 exp and 5 minerals. Before, it took a bit longer (250 killscore per 4 exp and 5 min). Different units have different killscore.. Broodlings give 25 killscore.. Heroes give a lot more. However, I've set triggers up so that if you kill the Mutant (killscore = 500) versus killing Volt (killscore = 3000).. you will still get the same amount of exp/money. And i've tested that, so it's good =D.

To Stickynote.. there is No Temple Siege v1.3... Mneox made one in an attempt to balance Summoner (failed) .. and I'm sure some other ppl'd try to make v1.3 or smth else (probably change names to Naruto or smthing lol)

To [Echo] .. Mech was my fav char.. and it rocks :C .. You probably did something wrong >:o there's no way Mech'd suck... If anything, I'd thought ppl'd complain about the Medic.

As for my updates.. it may take some time for me.. cause I'm planning to do the next one in SC2 .. But we'll c =D
If i'm bored enough...

Also, note to all.. random bugs appear probably in players 2,3,5, or 6... Since i only used p1 and p4 for testing... It may be more helpful to tell me which player you were when you found the bug.. TY =D

P.S. erm.. what did ShizTheresABear say about before you edited it, Moose? =O.. please PM me that ^^

Post has been edited 4 time(s), last time on Aug 8 2008, 5:29 am by UnholyUrine.

None.

Aug 8 2008, 5:07 am ClansAreForGays Post #45

v1.3 was made by some random pubby(Urine in his benevolence left v1.2open). I still don't know what exactly he changed in it. Probably just boosted his favorite character.
Plz do not host this version like the rest of b.net does just because the number is higher. I'd hate for this to turn into hero wars.

Aug 8 2008, 6:59 am Moose Post #46

We live in a society.

Quote from UnholyUrine
-Maelstrom is overpowered as a first spell. Wow, I've seen it rape so many times because players can't escape. Besides, there are only two heroes that it can't effect. I was glad to be on that team.
Yeaaaa I noticed that after a while.. I'm gonna change it to 100 E or something like that.
Depending on how much energy the DA starts with, this might work. Also, it has too much shields IMO.

Quote from UnholyUrine
-The Zergling's Lurker spell does too much damage for my liking. But, I haven't actually played as Ling yet. I'll check it out and get back to you on this one. As of now, it seems that the +4 it gets is a bit much. +3 would be a bit better.
Okely Dokely.
I've played enough to say +4 is definitely too much. +3 might be good.
If the Ultra transform could last slightly longer, that would be cool too.

Quote from UnholyUrine
-There are some grammar and spelling errors. (such as "has been slained", and a "ur" in the briefing). Since I like this map, I am willing to go through all of your strings and correct such errors for you if you wish for me to do so. Let me know.
><" yes.. ppl laughed at me about the word "Slained" .. it just rolled off my tongue =)... As for fixing it... I'll just fix the "Slained" thing.. the rest shouldn't be too bothersome...
There's a lot of unpolished text... I really wish that all of it got cleaned up, standardized, centered/colored better. If you polished up the text and other parts of the map, it would look as amazing as it plays.
You also have some units in the game that are unnamed... like Terran Missile Turret.

Quote from UnholyUrine
Actually Assault has some bugs with its dropship thing. And actually, I sorta wanted the tear gas to affect everyone, cause then it'd be somewhat cheap for the firebat.. If i were to make the caster unaffected, then I'd probably take out the mana drainage of the Tear gas.
Why? The firebat already can't attack because he has to go into the Dweb to chase... the least you could do is give him that ability to chase.

Quote from UnholyUrine
-I was playing as Warrior, and for some reason it took my Dragoon spell a couple of seconds to cast. As in, the Dragoon was sitting there in the Gateway for roughly 15 gate seconds. This should not and can not happen, particularily when I'm about to die.
THAT i have a definate answer. It was because, with the way i worked the spells, One can only have one spell on at one time. Meaning you probably had ur shields on and couldn't do ur 2nd spell. However, I'm planning to change that, so don't wry.
Yeah, that was the problem. It's good to disallow multicast for transformed Archon and stuff, but for a class like Warrior, it doesn't make sense.

Quote from UnholyUrine
-Give the Summoner's Zerglings a +1 upgrade instead of +2. They attack so fast that +2 is too much. Or disallow them from the Attack Speed Upgrade.
I"m definately having major problems trying to find the Perfect balance for Summoner... I've tried +1 upgrades, and Summoner REALLY SUCKS if that happens.. So I might try +1 upgrades, but summon 2 zlings per spell instead.. Any suggestions would be nice.
Yeah, I could imagine. My other suggestion is in the post though. Or you could just jack the cost of the attack speed upgrade to 100 or something.

Quote from UnholyUrine
-The HP upgrades don't seem like 6%. Considering we start at 20%, 6%s wouldn't add up to 100% anyway. Something's up there.
WOW, i can't believe you noticed THAT... lol.. U see, i started off in v1 starting with only 10% hp.. It seemed too difficult to start off with (especially assassin and light mage) so i started off at 20%.. Made the upgrades +4% each until 34%, and then back to +6% each upgrade... You must have a very mathematical mind!..
This is correct, I do. HP seemed a little low. I roughly estimated what 6% was and noticed I wasn't getting it. Still, you can't reach 34% from 20% by 4%s...

Quote from UnholyUrine
Goliath works....
I've seen some "hey I'm going to attack this unit before you pick it" and then pick = death because the unit went off the beacon. Might want to change the location on the give there. :P

Regarding the other bugs he listed, they may have been leftovers from the 1.0 post.

Quote from UnholyUrine
To [Echo] .. Mech was my fav char.. and it rocks :C .. You probably did something wrong >:o there's no way Mech'd suck... If anything, I'd thought ppl'd complain about the Medic.
Mech is all right, but it doesn't seem to measure up to the otherclasses. Some improvements, especially fixing the Vulture form, will really help it out. The strength of it seems to be versatility, so speed when you need it will do wonders.
Medic is a beautiful support class. I wouldn't touch it when I'm going solo, or even with just one teammate, but she can turn the tides of battle when played properly with two teammates.

Quote from UnholyUrine
As for my updates.. it may take some time for me.. cause I'm planning to do the next one in SC2 .. But we'll c =D
If i'm bored enough...
We're more than willing to do the work for you. Just say the word. ;)

-Dark Mage needs a better fourth spell. I read it and didn't even want to get it. Late game Broodling spawns on your enemies. Big deal. Odds are they'll have enough upgrades to not take damage from them. The other spells are better and cost less.
I fully retract this statement. Strike it from the records. I finally saw this special in action tonight. Forget that I ever said anything bad about it.
The Ghost's +4 damage combined with its range makes it a bit tough on Assassian, or any light armored unit (which is any unit but three :P) This might be fine left alone, though..
It is fine left alone. Forget that I said this too.

The chokepoint coming straight north out of the south team's base gets some serious clog problems, as well as the northeast outpost. I've seen some nasty clogs with several hundred Broodlings or Zerglings.

Also, the spell list for Volt lies for certain players. It has the old 4-hallu spell listed.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Aug 8 2008, 7:08 am by Mini Moose 2707.

Aug 8 2008, 7:28 am HailFire Post #47

BUG REPORT: Using Crippling Strike on the Mutant while he has his multi-ling spell going causes all of the lings to remain neutral and never die. Not really critical, but annoying.

Edit: Bolded to point out typo in the first post.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Aug 8 2008, 8:39 pm by HailFire.

None.

Aug 8 2008, 7:46 pm ClansAreForGays Post #48

I made some updates to the first post (I really need to redo the character descriptions though...halp?).

Quote from UnholyUrine
Depending on how much energy the DA starts with, this might work. Also, it has too much shields IMO.
I think you should be more creative with your approach to balancing dark orb. Mael should still be increased to 70 keeping the starting energy at 200, but the actual DA should be a very fragile unit (it's kinda like a crystal ball right?). The DA gives ridiculous XP, and exploiting this should be the main idea behind balancing it. I suggest a DA with 25 hp, and 50-100 shields.

Quote from UnholyUrine
There's a lot of unpolished text... I really wish that all of it got cleaned up, standardized, centered/colored better. If you polished up the text and other parts of the map, it would look as amazing as it plays.
You also have some units in the game that are unnamed... like Terran Missile Turret.
I volunteer moose to do it for you.

Quote from UnholyUrine
Why? The firebat already can't attack because he has to go into the Dweb to chase... the least you could do is give him that ability to chase.
I think we all have our own units that we are the best with that other people don't seem to grasp. urine has mech, you have mutant, but I actually have firebat. I'm very good with firebat already, and as much as I'd like to have teargas not affect me, I know I'd be OP asking for it. Leave assault alone.

Quote from UnholyUrine
Yeah, I could imagine. My other suggestion is in the post though. Or you could just jack the cost of the attack speed upgrade to 100 or something.
Defiler is almost completely balanced as it is. I think nerfing it anymore more would turn people off. It really wasn't unbeatable in v1 even. If I had to change something, I guess I would make ling attack speed 100 minerals though.

Quote from UnholyUrine
This is correct, I do. HP seemed a little low. I roughly estimated what 6% was and noticed I wasn't getting it. Still, you can't reach 34% from 20% by 4%s...
I think we should go back to the old hp system. I liked it better.

...srsly, change it back!

Quote from UnholyUrine
Goliath works....
I've seen some "hey I'm going to attack this unit before you pick it" and then pick = death because the unit went off the beacon. Might want to change the location on the give there. :P

Regarding the other bugs he listed, they may have been leftovers from the 1.0 post.
Those were all v1 bugs. I updated it now.

Quote from UnholyUrine
Mech is all right, but it doesn't seem to measure up to the otherclasses. Some improvements, especially fixing the Vulture form, will really help it out. The strength of it seems to be versatility, so speed when you need it will do wonders.
Medic is a beautiful support class. I wouldn't touch it when I'm going solo, or even with just one teammate, but she can turn the tides of battle when played properly with two teammates.
I thought mech could use more hp, but if you say you're aleady winning with it, then nvm. As for the medic, it actually oes need a boost. I'm not sure if it already is, but medic's spell effect (especialy lv2) should have the longest range in the game. Medic requires the most micro out of all the units because of nurses, but after testing with experienced players, it's just too much. The nurses need a %50 hp increase, and a way to actually give control of them over to an allie, so they can worry about it following them and keeping them alive. This is what I suggest. If an allie is next to a nurse, and there is no medic near by, the player is given the nurse. If with the the medic would still require ridiculous control.

This wasn't mentioned, but the hydra's support archers really need to have +2, not +1. Hydra usually upgrades muta attack more than his own anyways.

And finally my question:
Are there any paralysing or curse type spells that effects summons? Which are they exactly?
Do all of the mech's transformations heal at temple AND with medic's lv4?

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Aug 8 2008, 8:13 pm by ClansAreForGays.

Aug 8 2008, 9:52 pm Moose Post #49

We live in a society.

I made some updates to the first post (I really need to redo the character descriptions though...halp?).
If I get bored enough I can pitch my 2 cents on the heroes. Strategy guide? Lulz.

I thought mech could use more hp, but if you say you're aleady winning with it, then nvm.
I don't understand how you can be winning with mech. I was playing as Mech and was 5 or 10 levels above the other players, (I had the most EXP the entire game.) and they could still ruin my shit fairly easily. I even ran through all three forms against one person six levels below me and still had to run... and was lucky to do so.
The upgrade damage for Mech's Seiged Tank spells (+2) is also in need of a serious boost. Lurkers get +4 but Tanks get +2? That makes no sense. I would give Mech's tank spells a +5 upgrade at least. Maybe even +6 or more.

I'm not sure if it already is, but medic's spell effect (especialy lv2) should have the longest range in the game. Medic requires the most micro out of all the units because of nurses, but after testing with experienced players, it's just too much. The nurses need a %50 hp increase, and a way to actually give control of them over to an allie, so they can worry about it following them and keeping them alive. This is what I suggest. If an allie is next to a nurse, and there is no medic near by, the player is given the nurse. If with the the medic would still require ridiculous control.
Agreed.
Disable should either have a bigger range... or last longer. 20 seconds doesn't seem like very long.
Spawned Medics are too weak, especially with the XP they give. DA gets 500 shields, but if you poke a medic she'll fall to pieces. Something needs to be done about both of those.

This wasn't mentioned, but the hydra's support archers really need to have +2, not +1. Hydra usually upgrades muta attack more than his own anyways.
Agreed. Summoning companion arhcers seems to be rather underpowered as it is. In fact, if you want to keep it the way it is, it should be switched with the 2nd spell. If you don't want to, the companion Archers need a serious powerup... +2 definitely.
I also think that all of the Zerg buildings should take a little longer to build.

Do all of the mech's transformations heal at temple AND with medic's lv4?
They all heal at Temple. (It's tough to make the Mech worse, but wow, mech would be a joke if they didn't :P) I haven't seen the Medic's LV4 used on the Mech.

Post has been edited 2 time(s), last time on Aug 8 2008, 10:02 pm by Mini Moose 2707.

Aug 8 2008, 10:28 pm ClansAreForGays Post #50

volt's Lv1 spell is FUCKING RIGGED. Either it zaps mana, or it freezes. one or the other! I just got owned by a kid 3 times straight 4 minutes into game just from him using his ups on mana regen and spamming that spell. regened faster than the duration. Ofcourse I would have been fine if I could have cast any of my own spells, but this lv1 really does it all!

CHANGE IT NOW!

Aug 8 2008, 10:35 pm Moose Post #51

We live in a society.

As much as I love Volt, I have to agree and admit that he's overpowered. He is second only to Infested Kerrigan. (Well, he's the anti-Kerrigan, actually. And much much more.) The way the map is now, a team of Kerrigan and Volt in the hands of experienced players is almost unstoppable.
The Volt is an OP character now, but I have some ideas that I'll write out later. (gotta go for now)

Aug 9 2008, 10:36 pm UnholyUrine Post #52

Okay.. before i go on.. I must thank you all for helping me so much :><:
It has been awesome trying to make this map right, and definately hard as hell to balance =)
With so many comments.. i can't even play my map public anymore :C... i have to fix them all beforehand ><"
so Get rdy for tha real v1.3 verrry soon ;)

To Hailfire: Nice bug found.. I can deal with that.. This is because the Crippling strike is able to paralyse summoned units.
I shall fix up the Vulture form a bit more.. and the Volt's lying spell description
The clog thing tho.. i think is fine. I used it to my advantage too =).. But it doesn't seem too important, since there're still 2 ways the spawn units can move and fight.
I will also fix Mech's Tanks attack upgrade..
I will also make Disable a teeny wit longer.
As for the HP system.. I think it is a good way to make it so that noobs don't get owned very easily.. and it also makes upgrading HP not that important.
I am also going to fix's Volt's Spell 1 by making the paralysing shorter and make it so that the person can only be shocked by 1 scourge at 1 time.

As of CAFG's questions.. Crippling Strike and Static Charge paralyses spawn units permanently (gives to p12).
also Firebat's grenade and bomber kills spawn units.
Right now, healing Mech in temple heals all four units.. but healing with medic's lev 4 only heals the Mech mode that is out

Aug 10 2008, 2:21 am ClansAreForGays Post #53

I really suggest that you call it either v1.3b or v1.4

Pubs are already hosting illegitimate 1.3's and I just see alot of overwriting taking place.... for the worse.

Aug 10 2008, 2:32 am Greo Post #54

This is an awesome map, but it does need polishing here and there. Of course, these things may not still be around for the next version, so... :l

Assault
The Assault lives up to his name, and can usually kill off any hero (aside from the stunwhores) without any spells. His first level spell is practically useless unless you're running away, and even then you can just stim your way out of anything. If he had at least SOME range, perhaps it would be a nice spell to use. The second spell is practically an ensured stun thanks to the spell's range and speed, and the bomber is one of his most useful spells because he can use it as a transport as well as lock someone in stun. His fourth is a very fun spell to use, especially when anti-stealth characters (Ops and Mutant) aren't in play. A good two nukes to the temple and it's GFG.

(Funny thing, If you drop a ghost next to the enemy teleporter at their bas3e and they have captured that point, the ghost practically has immunity to melee characters as well as people not expecting it)

Dark Mage

Definately overpowered. Her first spell creates a Dark Templar with maelstrom that can be used 3 times... that's even cheaper than Carpet Bombing (4 stuns for 80). I haven't played her, but she's one hell of a powerhouse if used correctly. I don't think even a newbie will have a problem using her.

Volt

Also haven't used this guy, but his spell that stuns and drains mana is way over powered. I kinda don't think it fits with his other spell, where he becomes ANGRY SUPER VOLT! ;p

Special Ops

Ops is a very cool character, and pretty darn balanced. His first ability will help get a nice amount of levels early on, and his second ability makes for a decent and cheap defense when you don't have the minerals for a cannon. His third is practically invaluable for it's uses (Detection, Shields, AND it can kill anything trying to run away :D). The fourth? While it's hard to use, you can use it to trap the enemy in a barrier of mines while dancing around and shooting him while he explodes to death. Very awesome when it's pulled off.

Warrior

Warrior is also quite well balanced, my only complaint (although it may be intentional) is how high his damage gets. Zealots deal double their damage, mind you. His abilities are quite nice, and he seems built for 1 on 1 fights. Eventually he can handle multiple opponents with Immortality Shield and Charge of Courage?, easily starting the final assault on the enemy base and finishing it that quickly.

General

Some things just don't seem to be worth buying. For example, all of the creature spawning buildings are just not worth it, since they'll just become exp to the enemy team. Armor is just not worth it, since it costs more to nullify attack bonuses than it does to increase attack damage. Maybe if it were... 2+2x minerals? I dunno.

I can't wait for the next version!

Aug 10 2008, 4:48 am InsolubleFluff Post #55

Earlier I played against some noob and it was funny, because all I got was like, lvl 2 spell + a LOT of mana upgrades, and whenever he came near me trying to kill me, I pumped reavers out and he got trapped and facking raped.

I think I noticed a bug however, not major, but probably worth checking.

I had 280 mana cap, I upgraded and it didn't go to 300, I upgraded again and it went to 320, so I am assuming that when copy and pasting you missed something, but the HT's 300 mana cap is messed up, 280 and 320 worked fine though...

None.

Aug 10 2008, 5:08 am Lt.Church Post #56

im not sure if there has been a fairly recent fix for it and im not sure if its on purpose but it seems alil over powered that Special Ops can EMP volt to essentially no HP even with maxed hp youll only have like 1000hp with 3armor,very cheap lategame =/

Aug 10 2008, 5:08 am ClansAreForGays Post #57

Zealot really needs that high damage to be competitive. The fact that his attack is cut down twice by armor is balance enough. The solution to zealot might just be to spam armor. Maybe your also onto something with reducing armor upgrade factor cost just a smidge.

Aug 10 2008, 5:11 am ClansAreForGays Post #58

Quote from Lt.Church
im not sure if there has been a fairly recent fix for it and im not sure if its on purpose but it seems alil over powered that Special Ops can EMP volt to essentially no HP even with maxed hp youll only have like 1000hp with 3armor,very cheap lategame =/
I can live with volt having a sinlge very underused character having a sick advntage over him, since he's so god dam good in every other situation. Don't forget about allie support though. I was able to just feedback vessels for my pner so he never had to worry about that. It's a team dynamic.

Aug 11 2008, 4:07 am DrunkenNoodle Post #59

I'm not sure if this was mentioned yet, but could you place a timer for hero picking? As I was in a game where the guy decided to be gay and not pick at all, and he was the host. :flamer: It doesn't have to be short, just a reasonable time.

None.

Aug 11 2008, 6:56 pm ClansAreForGays Post #60

I dunno if it's a bug, or just an innate ability, but player as purple assault none of my spells affected blue special ops. I was useless.

Options
Pages: < 1 2 3 4 5140 >
  Back to forum