Staredit Network > Forums > Null > Topic: Post your PIX Pt2.
Post your PIX Pt2.
May 11 2008, 2:08 am
By: MeNtAlPaTiEnT
Pages: < 1 « 178 179 180 181 182234 >

Apr 18 2011, 10:14 pm poison_us Post #3581

Back* from the grave

Quote from Ultraviolet
He has also spent some time learning how to shop, obviously.
Can't be a good photographer if you can't find the right camera to buy :sleep:

Apr 18 2011, 10:46 pm Ultraviolet Post #3582

He has some amazing cameras, you don't even

Apr 19 2011, 12:02 am CaptainWill Post #3583

Looking very adult.

None.

Apr 19 2011, 1:15 am samsizzle Post #3584

Quote from CaptainWill
Looking very adult.
with that Mohawk

None.

Apr 19 2011, 3:30 am Ultraviolet Post #3585

That's what I was thinking. I couldn't tell if he was srs or not. I feel like I do look a lot older with the mohawk, probably due to my hair being completely out of my face, but generally mohawks aren't considered very adult :P

Apr 19 2011, 10:02 am NudeRaider Post #3586

We can't explain the universe, just describe it; and we don't know whether our theories are true, we just know they're not wrong. >Harald Lesch

adult != mature ;)

Apr 19 2011, 5:24 pm Fire_Kame Post #3587

wth is starcraft

Quote from samsizzle
Quote from CaptainWill
Looking very adult.
with that Mohawk

I know several adults with a mohawk.

Apr 19 2011, 6:23 pm Ultraviolet Post #3588

Quote from NudeRaider
adult != mature ;)

Generally adult implies maturity. Most definitions of adult contain the word mature.

For example:
World English Dictionary
adult (ˈædʌlt, əˈdʌlt)

— adj
1. having reached maturity; fully developed
2. of or intended for mature people: adult education

Apr 19 2011, 6:25 pm Centreri Post #3589

Relatively ancient and inactive

Physical maturity != Mental Maturity.

None.

Apr 19 2011, 6:29 pm NudeRaider Post #3590

We can't explain the universe, just describe it; and we don't know whether our theories are true, we just know they're not wrong. >Harald Lesch

Damn, I could've sworn it's the opposite of immature.

EDIT:
Oh yes, thanks Centreri for clearing that up.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Apr 19 2011, 6:36 pm by NudeRaider.

Apr 19 2011, 7:29 pm Ultraviolet Post #3591

Quote from Centreri
Physical maturity != Mental Maturity.

I don't see physical mentioned anywhere in the definitions I pasted.

Also, as I said in the shoutbox "Adult inarguably can be used as a way to describe someone as mature. I often hear people say "He behaves like a little adult!" when describing a mature child." I think it's highly unlikely that they mean "He behaves as if he has reached his full physical maturity."

Apr 19 2011, 7:50 pm ubermctastic Post #3592

I only take into account a persons mental maturity and this tends to get me in trouble with "authority figures"

None.

Apr 19 2011, 8:06 pm Centreri Post #3593

Quote from name:K_A
I only take into account a persons mental maturity and this tends to get me in trouble with "authority figures"
That's right, fight the Man.

Quote from Ultraviolet
I don't see physical mentioned anywhere in the definitions I pasted.

Also, as I said in the shoutbox "Adult inarguably can be used as a way to describe someone as mature. I often hear people say "He behaves like a little adult!" when describing a mature child." I think it's highly unlikely that they mean "He behaves as if he has reached his full physical maturity."
People can say it to mean either mental or physical maturity. In your example, yes, they're referring to mental maturity; however, in this particular case, where the judgement is based solely off photographs, physical maturity is most likely what's being commented on. Personally, I find your hair ridiculous, and believe that you'd look far better, more adult and respectable with something less obvious and showoffish, but will admit that the photographs nevertheless portray you in a far better light than most of your webcam ones.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Apr 19 2011, 8:15 pm by Centreri.

None.

Apr 19 2011, 8:27 pm CaptainWill Post #3594

When I said "very adult" I meant that in these photographs he looks somewhat older than in previous ones - more like a young adult than a teenager. Just to clear that up. :P

None.

Apr 19 2011, 9:04 pm Neki Post #3595

I liked Nerdy's old old hair better. he looks very generic now.

None.

Apr 19 2011, 11:39 pm NudeRaider Post #3596

Quote from CaptainWill
When I said "very adult" I meant that in these photographs he looks somewhat older than in previous ones - more like a young adult than a teenager. Just to clear that up. :P
Don't worry, we all know that. Nerdy just likes to be difficult. :)

Apr 19 2011, 11:55 pm Ultraviolet Post #3597

Quote from Centreri
People can say it to mean either mental or physical maturity. In your example, yes, they're referring to mental maturity; however, in this particular case, where the judgement is based solely off photographs, physical maturity is most likely what's being commented on. Personally, I find your hair ridiculous, and believe that you'd look far better, more adult and respectable with something less obvious and showoffish, but will admit that the photographs nevertheless portray you in a far better light than most of your webcam ones.

Who would you guess is more mature?

As far as the ridiculous blah blah blah goes, I'm not trying to look adult. Legally I may be an adult, but I'm not actually to what I would consider an adult stage yet, and that's fine with me. I don't need to be an adult yet. I want to take advantage of the time I have where I can sport wild hair, have piercings, and wear Captain America T-shirts. I've got the rest of my life to be an adult, and once I reach a certain age, I'll have to be one. So, I'm in no hurry to become one. And why would I not deserve respect because I have a mohawk? If someone thinks I don't deserve respect because of that, I would say it is in fact them who does not deserve respect. Also, why would something 'less obvious and showoffish' look better? Why do you place value in conforming to traditional styles? I'm not trying to show off, by the way, I just like these styles and not being another member of the herd. Lastly, these pictures are high quality and aren't just of me sitting in front of my computer, so of course they're going to portray me in a better light. Thanks, though.

Quote from Neki
I liked Nerdy's old old hair better. he looks very generic now.

How old? What style was it? And how does my current hair look generic? D: It's a lot rarer than most hairstyles.

Apr 19 2011, 11:59 pm Centreri Post #3598

I told you my perceptions. Make all the arguments you want, you're not going to change them. Feel free to ignore them

None.

Apr 20 2011, 12:02 am Ultraviolet Post #3599

I wasn't trying to change them, I was asking for justifications. Obviously you have a reason for believing what you do.

Edit: Well, except for the part about not wanting to be an adult. That was just explanatory.

Apr 20 2011, 12:07 am Centreri Post #3600

I suppose I believe that people who feel a need to attract attention to themselves by provocative looks are compensating for not being interesting enough otherwise. Coupled with tidbits I know about you (you used to wear a Swastika just to shock people, at which point you'd tell them OH YEAH BUT IT WAS ALSO SOMETHING THE HINDUS USED), it doesn't paint a flattering picture - I believe that you really want attention.

Others may draw the same conclusion if you're too flamboyant.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Apr 20 2011, 12:23 am by Centreri.

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 178 179 180 181 182234 >
  Back to forum