Staredit Network > Forums > Games > Topic: [ Poll ] Favorite Video Game Genre
[ Poll ] Favorite Video Game Genre
Mar 25 2008, 1:45 pm
By: lil-Inferno
Pages: < 1 2 3 >

Polls
What is your personal favorite game genre?
What is your personal favorite game genre?
Answer Votes Percentage % Voters
Action 1

3%
Action Adventure 5

12%
First-Person Shooters [ FPS ] 10

23%
Tactical Shooters 1

3%
None.
Role-Playing Game [ RPG ] 6

14%
Massive Multiplayer [ MMO ] 2

5%
None.
Real-Time Strategy [ RTS ] 11

25%
Turn-Based Strategy [ TBS ] 3

7%
Racing 0

0%
None.
Sports 1

3%
None.
Platformers 1

3%
None.
Fighting Games 0

0%
None.
Puzzle Games 1

3%
None.
Rhythm Games 1

3%
None.
Party Games 1

3%
None.
Miscellaneous 0

0%
None.
Please login to vote.
Poll has 44 votes. You can vote for at most 1 option(s).

Apr 13 2008, 10:56 pm Marine Post #21

Quote from name:Tuxedo-Templar
Quote from name:Marine57
Your tiger is possessed!

How do you make a poll! Agh I can't figure it out! :><:
You don't. It's been specifically engineered just to prevent only you from being able to use it.

Haha you're so funny Tuxedo >:( But seriously, how do you get the poll to work? :wtfage:

None.

Apr 13 2008, 11:06 pm T-MaStAA Post #22

I gota give it to adventure games. ALl the games I played as a child on my n64 were adventure and they were EEPIC! Like super Mario 64, megaman 64, donkey kong 64.

None.

Apr 13 2008, 11:21 pm The Starport Post #23

Quote from name:KrAzY
First Person Tactical Action Role-playing Massive Multiplayer Real Time Strategy Shooter.

In the future, we will soon call that FPTARPMMORTSS.
Damnit don't steal mah ideas! :stfu:

Quote from name:Tuxedo-Templar
Your tiger is possessed!

How do you make a poll! Agh I can't figure it out! :><:
You don't. It's been specifically engineered just to prevent only you from being able to use it.

Haha you're so funny Tuxedo >:( But seriously, how do you get the poll to work? :wtfage:
Add a Poll button in the corner I think.

Unless you really don't have it, for whatever reason. :P Maybe you need minerals or something?

None.

Apr 13 2008, 11:32 pm Demented Shaman Post #24

I think allowing us to select like 3 options would be much better for a poll of this size.

None.

Apr 14 2008, 12:06 am Syphon Post #25

Quote from T-MaStAA
I gota give it to adventure games. ALl the games I played as a child on my n64 were adventure and they were EEPIC! Like super Mario 64, megaman 64, donkey kong 64.

It's such a tragedy that MegaMan Legends 2 never came to N64. Such glorious games they were.

None.

Apr 14 2008, 12:24 am Corbo Post #26

ALL PRAISE YOUR SUPREME LORD CORBO

What krazy said. :P

fuck you all

Apr 14 2008, 12:49 am Lord Agamemnon Post #27

Magical-Girl Enabler

TBS and RTS, but I also love bullet hell shmups.

None.

Apr 14 2008, 2:35 am MrrLL Post #28

Honestly.. I'm into games with as much customizable options and replayability as possible. It doesn't matter what genre you give me.. as long as there are custom mods/maps for it, I'm all for it. You can pretty much tell I'm into that if you look at my games from the past few years:

Starcraft: I never really played it for the melee. UMS has always been fun for me for a decade now.
Unreal Tournament 2004 and plenty of other FPS's: Including Doom II, they all had custom mods and user maps to play on.. seriously could never get bored. Especially when UT2004 player created a new mod that let you build maps inside of maps.. while you play.
Worms games: yeah, creating maps in MS paint was always fun.
G-mod: definitely a winner in what I was looking for. You can create virtually any contraption you can think of in this game.

Oh, and by the way, most game developers today aren't focusing on one genre.. they usually combine like four genres into one.

None.

Apr 14 2008, 4:08 am The Starport Post #29

Link to that UT2004 map inside map thing plz.

None.

Apr 14 2008, 4:51 am MrrLL Post #30

You can't really find it online, but if you have the game, look through the Assault gametype for a "constructor" server.

None.

Apr 14 2008, 11:57 am EzDay281 Post #31

RPG/TBS/Platformer Adventure
RPG's are fun for ability progression ( assuming they're gameplay based, ex. Diablo II )
TBS are fun for thinking,
Side Scrolling Adventure-Platformers are fun for... something ( assuming they're combat-based, ex. Cave Story was awesome )

I do, however, detest platforming itself, when utilized as the focus of the game. It can be used to enhance combat, but things like Super Mario are just annoying.
And for RPG's, when everything is just planning out your character and/or grinding. In Diablo II, if you understand how the skills work, how to place your attack most efficiently, etc., you can still get through the game, with some effort. In most MMO's, I've never been able to get far, because combat is just figuring out what attack order to utilize your skills in, and maybe choosing targets based on distance from mobs... Everything else is about knowing where to go, how to allocate stats for a given build, where the best place to grind is, etc... =\

None.

Jun 13 2010, 10:42 am Demented Shaman Post #32

Here's how I would rate each genre on a scale of 1-10 with 10 being the best.

7 Action
7 Action Adventure
7 First-Person Shooters [ FPS ]
7 Tactical Shooters
7 Role-Playing Game [ RPG ]
7 Massive Multiplayer [ MMO ]
8 Real-Time Strategy [ RTS ]
7 Turn-Based Strategy [ TBS ]
5 Racing
6 Sports
6 Platformers
6 Fighting Games
6 Puzzle Games
6 Rhythm Games
7 Party Games

As you can see I don't really prefer one genre greatly over another. I mostly gave RTS the highest score, because of SC 1/2. I think I would enjoy a game of any genre if it were good, and I wouldn't really stay away from a game simply because of its genre.

Out of all the genres, I mostly have been playing RTS, FPS/TS, Action, RPG, Action Adventure. Starcraft 1/2 come to mind for RTS. Combat Arms, Half Life, Rainbow Six Vegas 2 come to mind for FPS/TS. Soldat for Action. Cavestory for RPG. Diablo 2, Tibia, Maplestory for MMO. Super Mario Sunshine and Super Mario Galaxy are nice action adventure.

I'm not sure where Heroes of Newerth lies, but whatever genre it's in would definitely get a boost in my opinion.

The Party Genre always has the potential for fun, but Super Mario Party always comes to mind, and those are best played with a bunch of people in real life.

Don't really play much Racing currently, but in the past I fondly remember playing Crash Team Racing on my playstation and Road Rash on the computer. Pole Position is a classic racing game. Mario Kart is nice. I don't really like games like Gran Turismo.

Rhythm games is probably among the least played genre for me. I've only really played flash flash revolution.
Turn based strategy would also fall under that category, as well as sports and platformers.

The only real "sports" game I've actively played is super mario strikers. I had an early NBA Live game for playstation that I didn't play much. I played a lot of sports themed maps on SC though.

When I think of Platformers I mostly think of Super Mario 1 through 3.

I also forgot to mention SSBM/SSBB and the first four Tony Hawk Pro Skater games.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Jun 13 2010, 10:52 am by devilesk.

None.

Jun 13 2010, 4:34 pm OlimarandLouie Post #33

What happened to just "Adventure" (i.e. Zelda) :-(

I picked Action Adventure.

None.

Jun 13 2010, 6:31 pm NudeRaider Post #34

We can't explain the universe, just describe it; and we don't know whether our theories are true, we just know they're not wrong. >Harald Lesch

Taking Dev's Template:
6 Action
7 Action Adventure
7 First-Person Shooters [ FPS ]

8 Tactical Shooters
10 Role-Playing Game [ RPG ]
7 Massive Multiplayer [ MMO ]
10 Real-Time Strategy [ RTS ]
8 Turn-Based Strategy [ TBS ]
8 Racing

4 Sports
2 Platformers
3 Fighting Games
3 Puzzle Games

1 Rhythm Games
2 Party Games (unless I host a party. Then those are fun. ;) )

Jun 13 2010, 6:45 pm MadZombie Post #35

Turn Based if it's done like Final Fantasy Tactics or. Theirs a specific name for it. Sorta feels like Rpg and puzzle genre mixed for me.

None.

Jun 13 2010, 6:51 pm Devourer Post #36

Hello

Taking Dev's NudeRaider's Template by abusing the edit ability of moderators^^:
6 Action
10 Action Adventure
2 First-Person Shooters [ FPS ]
2 Tactical Shooters
4 Role-Playing Game [ RPG ]
1 Massive Multiplayer [ MMO ]
10 Real-Time Strategy [ RTS ]
7 Turn-Based Strategy [ TBS ]
5 Racing
4 Sports
2 Platformers
3 Fighting Games
7 Puzzle Games
1 Rhythm Games
2 Party Games

Please report errors in the Staredit.Network forum.

Jun 13 2010, 7:20 pm NudeRaider Post #37

We can't explain the universe, just describe it; and we don't know whether our theories are true, we just know they're not wrong. >Harald Lesch

Quote from Devourer
Taking Dev's NudeRaider's Template by abusing the edit ability of moderators^^:
You could just have used quote...
Also, Puzzle Games, RPG and Racing have wrong colors.

Jun 13 2010, 9:25 pm EzTerix Post #38

I'm not using the template because as long as the quality of the game is good then it should be somewhat respected =)

Also I chose Action Adventure because it has spawned a lot of in depth quality games that I <3. If you think about it too I like to play "Action Adventure" games in SC as opposed to playing some of the RTS games, but RTS is good too :P

None.

Jun 14 2010, 2:38 am EzDay281 Post #39

Turn Based if it's done like Final Fantasy Tactics or. Theirs a specific name for it.
Turn-based strategy?

None.

Jul 3 2010, 5:14 am Generalpie Post #40

Staredit Puckwork

I like the Metroid Prime Trilogy for the best FPS ever
The older versions of pokemanz Super mario RPG for the rpg.
Is Super Smash Bros Brawl an Action or Fighting?

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 2 3 >
  Back to forum