Staredit Network > Forums > Staredit Network > Topic: List of Known Bugs/Needed Features
List of Known Bugs/Needed Features
This topic is locked. You can no longer write replies here.
Mar 24 2008, 1:13 am
By: DevliN
Pages: < 1 « 51 52 53 54 5590 >

Sep 17 2010, 5:02 am poison_us Post #1041

Back* from the grave

Sorry, but I'm tired of editing posts and losing minerals to report problems, which in itself is a problem. Regardless:

The problem is that the time is off by 5 hours. My clock advanced a minute after the refresh, and that's negligible anyways. My point is why is the user's time in settings correct, but in profile wrong?

Sep 17 2010, 5:08 am DT_Battlekruser Post #1042

Is the profile the only place where the time is incorrect (i.e. all other normal places in SEN it displays correctly)?

None.

Sep 17 2010, 6:11 am Ahli Post #1043

I do stuff and thingies... Try widening and reducing the number of small nooks and crannies to correct the problem.

Quote from DT_Battlekruser
Is the profile the only place where the time is incorrect (i.e. all other normal places in SEN it displays correctly)?
My time isn't correct, too.
All other times are correct.
My correct time is gmt -2 right now. But my profile is 1 hour in the future...

Sep 17 2010, 10:09 am Aristocrat Post #1044

According to my profile, I am in Hawaiian Standard Time.

LOL.

None.

Sep 19 2010, 8:14 am DT_Battlekruser Post #1045

Minerals for posting should be rebalanced and less buggy now.. odd.

Post has been edited 3 time(s), last time on Sep 19 2010, 8:21 am by DT_Battlekruser.

None.

Sep 19 2010, 8:22 am DT_Battlekruser Post #1046

This is a post for even more test.

None.

Sep 19 2010, 8:15 pm Aristocrat Post #1047

"payne -- lol, new members still start with -150 minerals... poor them!"

^ This might be a problem, but I guess it's low priority for now. Why do new members get a burden of negative minerals? Seems kind of harsh, considering how many posts are required for obtaining 150 minerals.

None.

Sep 19 2010, 8:25 pm payne Post #1048

:payne:

Quote from Aristocrat

^ This might be a problem, but I guess it's low priority for now. Why do new members get a burden of negative minerals? Seems kind of harsh, considering how many posts are required for obtaining 150 minerals.
At start, it wasn't even there. Then Devourer decided on its own that people could abuse of the system, so he decided to set it to -150 like in the older versions of SEN. :/

None.

Sep 19 2010, 8:35 pm DT_Battlekruser Post #1049

Well, income is higher right now which should relieve the burden somewhat. Negative starting minerals is a policy issue, so it won't be changed overnight.

None.

Sep 19 2010, 8:48 pm LoTu)S Post #1050

Well, income is higher right now which should relieve the burden somewhat. Negative starting minerals is a policy issue, so it won't be changed overnight.

Any hints on where the income is raised? :wtfawesome:

Quote from payne
Quote from Aristocrat

At start, it wasn't even there. Then Devourer decided on its own that people could abuse of the system, so he decided to set it to -150 like in the older versions of SEN. :/

How would people abuse the system if they started with 0 minerals instead of -150?

None.

Sep 19 2010, 8:58 pm DT_Battlekruser Post #1051

Quote from LoTu)S

Any hints on where the income is raised? :wtfawesome:

Quote from payne
Quote from Aristocrat

How would people abuse the system if they started with 0 minerals instead of -150?

Notes on income: http://www.staredit.net/259982/

I think the idea with the negative minerals had something to do with multiple accounts..

None.

Sep 19 2010, 9:01 pm Aristocrat Post #1052

Quote from LoTu)S
Any hints on where the income is raised?

The old system, as far as I can tell/remember (might be off by a little bit), was that you received 1 mineral for every 200 characters in your post, up to a limit of 5 for a post with at least 1000 characters. (This character count ignores content inside [quote] tags, or at least, is supposed to, in order to discourage mass quoting for mineral gain.)

DTBK said we'll get two times as many minerals as previously under this system, implying that mineral gain is now 2 minerals for every 200 characters as opposed to 1 per 200. The cap was also raised to 16 minerals, so ostensibly you will get additional minerals for a longer post above 1000 characters, up to 1600. The exact numbers are probably off since I didn't extensively test this, but it's a rough estimate that gives a picture of how the gain is reflected.

(A topic in Map Showcase seems to have a 4x multiplier on it, because I remember receiving 20 minerals for my SCVArena II topic. Guess I remembered wrong? It's 2x, for up to 32 minerals.)

EDIT> I received 8 minerals for this post, and it's around 800 characters without spaces, so it looks like the estimate is accurate.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Sep 19 2010, 9:10 pm by Aristocrat.

None.

Sep 19 2010, 9:05 pm DT_Battlekruser Post #1053

As a rough sketch, you gain minerals up to 16 per post, more characters yield more minerals. Certain topics have multipliers, but no multiplier is bigger than 2.0x.

None.

Sep 20 2010, 1:48 am Aristocrat Post #1054

Magic boxes do not appear to like me :massimo:

I think payne has convinced the boxes to convert to monogamy with only him.

A Staredit Network error has occured:
MySQL Error '1064': You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'AND mb_mid = 0' at line 1
Query failed: SELECT * FROM magic_boxes WHERE mb_id= AND mb_mid = 0
Waited: 0.0419616699219 ms
Please contact administration with all the details.

None.

Sep 20 2010, 2:48 am LoTu)S Post #1055

I lost 8 minerals for adding a question mark this post. -_-

None.

Sep 20 2010, 2:51 am DevliN Post #1056

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

Yeah, it seems like the quote thing may still be screwing it up.

EDIT:
Wow! So I posted the above thing that LoTu)S quoted and earned 4 minerals. I edited to add a ? and lost 8 minerals. Then I edited to only have the "Yeah, it seems like the quote thing may still be screwing it up." message and lost another 12 minerals.

EDIT2:
Yeah, posts with [quote] tags don't count the text in the quote. Deleting a post with [quote] tags returns the proper amount of minerals. I'm guessing something is screwing up when the code compares the old character count with the new count, and doesn't know how to factor the text in the quote.

EDIT3:
And interestingly enough, I gained no minerals for this or the prior EDIT. Maybe I just hit a mineral cap of 4, though?

And EDIT4:
I edited a post with a quote and didn't change anything, and it arbitrarily subtracted 8 minerals.

Post has been edited 3 time(s), last time on Sep 20 2010, 3:09 am by DevliN.

\:devlin\: Currently Working On: \:devlin\:
My Overwatch addiction.

Sep 20 2010, 3:26 am Aristocrat Post #1057

Simple intuitive guess would be that the routine responsible for removing quote char minerals is somehow called twice on edit. Best thing to do right now is to avoid quoting until DTBK finds some time to repair the glitch I guess.

Also: I have been unable to replicate the magic box glitch since I refreshed the page, but I believe that it could still be a recurring error, so it may still be worth looking into.

None.

Sep 20 2010, 3:27 am payne Post #1058

:payne:

http://www.staredit.net/256151/
To new "temporary coders" (if we can consider they are), when are David's "SEN Button Set" getting implemented? :awesome:

None.

Sep 20 2010, 4:19 am DT_Battlekruser Post #1059

Okay, I'm done with having any faith in old code.. I was willing to assume that the method for counting characters in a post that was already there worked, but clearly it doesn't.

Will work on a fix tonight. For now, posts without large amounts of stuff in quotes should work.

None.

Sep 20 2010, 5:02 am DT_Battlekruser Post #1060

This is a new basic test post. Redo test edit? Edit for more test lulz.

Found the problem and am fixing it...

Test addition of characters inside a quotebox. Does Devourer/IP's shitty regex do the job?

Perhaps...

Code
What about a codebox?

EDIT2: Probably fixed now.

Post has been edited 9 time(s), last time on Sep 20 2010, 5:22 am by DT_Battlekruser.

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 51 52 53 54 5590 >
  Back to forum