Staredit Network > Forums > Staredit Network > Topic: List of Known Bugs/Needed Features
List of Known Bugs/Needed Features
This topic is locked. You can no longer write replies here.
Mar 24 2008, 1:13 am
By: DevliN
Pages: < 1 « 50 51 52 53 5490 >

Sep 3 2010, 4:42 am DavidJCobb Post #1021

Quote from name:Nasus
Quote from UnholyUrine
I've stumbled upon a bug...

When I use the Youtube embed button, everything works fine, and it puts the code down... But once it does that, it sends me back into the front page...
It's quite weird.

This happened when I'm using google chrome, and i think firefox too.
I can simply type the code down tho.
I've already mentioned this, and it also got ignored. Before it was (IIRC) any tag field that has you type in something, like url or img tags.
The fact that Google Chrome is being completely fucking retarded is on the bug list. It's just that I'm too much of a whiny emo bitch right now to code anything. Gotta be in the right frame of mind before you start cracking open advanced JavaScript code modules, see.

None.

Sep 3 2010, 9:23 pm Jack Post #1022

>be faceless void >mfw I have no face

Quote from DavidJCobb
Quote from UnholyUrine

When I use the Youtube embed button, everything works fine, and it puts the code down... But once it does that, it sends me back into the front page...
It's quite weird.

I've already mentioned this, and it also got ignored. Before it was (IIRC) any tag field that has you type in something, like url or img tags.
The fact that Google Chrome is being completely fucking retarded is on the bug list. It's just that I'm too much of a whiny emo bitch right now to code anything. Gotta be in the right frame of mind before you start cracking open advanced JavaScript code modules, see.
Just about chrome, I've noticed that middle-mouse button clicking on one of the forum things, such as Portal News, both opens it in a new tab and opens it in the current tab.

Red classic.

"In short, their absurdities are so extreme that it is painful even to quote them."

Sep 4 2010, 3:10 am DavidJCobb Post #1023

Quote from Jack
Quote from DavidJCobb
Quote from UnholyUrine

It's quite weird.

Just about chrome, I've noticed that middle-mouse button clicking on one of the forum things, such as Portal News, both opens it in a new tab and opens it in the current tab.
Which skin? If it's not Turtle, then here's why it happens: Devourer put some JS to try and turn the whole description part of a subforum into a link... Chances are, Chrome's messing with that. (Said JS is basically completely worthless anyway.)

If it's not Turtle, it's outside of my purview.

None.

Sep 5 2010, 4:29 pm poiuy_qwert Post #1024

PyMS and ProTRG developer

Just though I would draw some attention to an error with the [img] bbcode, I posted about it in the "Can't log-in" thread because it gets the same error, but it might get missed.

Sep 5 2010, 8:26 pm Jack Post #1025

>be faceless void >mfw I have no face

It's not turtle, it's both maplantis and epic and default, If I recall correctly. I haven't tried Turtle TBH.

Red classic.

"In short, their absurdities are so extreme that it is painful even to quote them."

Sep 6 2010, 12:08 am Aristocrat Post #1026

Signature limit was raised to 150 x 600, supposedly.

Quote from Devourer
Quote from Aristocrat
If Dev expands the sig limit to 600x150 I might start charging minerals for people who want their signatures in "HD dimensions". Won't be a high number of course, 20 is plenty.
Done.

But my signature is still sized down. I can't imagine that it would be difficult to Ctrl-F the string "429" in the routine responsible for framing oversized images, and raise the value to something more reasonable like 800.

None.

Sep 6 2010, 9:15 pm DavidJCobb Post #1027

Not like there's currently anyone working to fix server-side bugs, but when viewing a PM, its title is prefixed with "Re:" even if it is not a reply. (If it is a reply, it doesn't receive a second "Re:", leading me to think that this is a "feature", albeit a nonsensical one.)

Quote from Jack
It's not turtle, it's both maplantis and epic and default, If I recall correctly. I haven't tried Turtle TBH.
Try Turtle. If it doesn't happen on Turtle, it's the onclick JavaScript Devourer added to the forum index.

None.

Sep 8 2010, 11:09 pm Dem0n Post #1028

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

The search bar should have "search" written on it by default. Just make it go away after you click on the bar. It looks weird without anything written there. :crazy:

Sep 8 2010, 11:27 pm Aristocrat Post #1029

Quote from name:Dem0nS1ayer
The search bar should have "search" written on it by default.

It DOES. Are you using an inferior browser? (Even then it should still show...)

None.

Sep 8 2010, 11:33 pm Dem0n Post #1030

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

Oh, look at that! It's back!

:ermm:

Sep 10 2010, 10:32 pm Ahli Post #1031

I do stuff and thingies... Try widening and reducing the number of small nooks and crannies to correct the problem.

- Database can't count a map's Strings, Units properly.
- The UMS subgroup Experimental canot be accessed. The button for it is missing (it's not in "other").

edit:
MySQL ERROR:
Code
A Staredit Network error has occured:
MySQL Error '2006': MySQL server has gone away
Query failed: UPDATE sessions SET running=1284411498, page='Is viewing a topic.', area='', content=12411, subtent='', forum=2, topic=12411 WHERE ip='AhliCensoredThis' AND id='ca2eeb23543f04935c508421208d9c4c'
Waited: 0.0391006469727 ms
Please contact administration with all the details.

I tried to view that page:
http://www.staredit.net/topic/12411/unread/#special
Page was correct loaded except that below the affiliates box that Error message appeared...

Post has been edited 2 time(s), last time on Sep 13 2010, 9:08 pm by Ahli.

Sep 13 2010, 10:02 pm Generalpie Post #1032

Staredit Puckwork

This is more of a feature, but can we make the Clickable Smilies Bar Customizable?

None.

Sep 13 2010, 11:44 pm LoTu)S Post #1033

Quote from name:Zilean
This is more of a feature, but can we make the Clickable Smilies Bar Customizable?

Sounds like superfluous work for the coders. Most people would have popular smilies such as :massimo: , :hurr:, :wtfawesome: , :cecil: , :nude: , as their default anyways. In addition, are you really so lazy that you cannot even type out the smilie code? As I said before in Payne's request thread, it's simply redundant to click extra and then click the smilies. By this time, you should be able to memorize the smilie codes already. The clickable smilies are more suitable for new members than regulars, and new members would want to have basic smilies, like :) .

None.

Sep 14 2010, 12:29 am payne Post #1034

:payne:

Quote from LoTu)S

Sounds like superfluous work for the coders. Most people would have popular smilies such as :massimo: , :hurr:, :wtfawesome: , :cecil: , :nude: , as their default anyways. In addition, are you really so lazy that you cannot even type out the smilie code? As I said before in Payne's request thread, it's simply redundant to click extra and then click the smilies. By this time, you should be able to memorize the smilie codes already. The clickable smilies are more suitable for new members than regulars, and new members would want to have basic smilies, like :) .
Bottom note: my Extra is always open. :awesome:

None.

Sep 14 2010, 12:32 am LoTu)S Post #1035

Quote from payne
Quote from LoTu)S

Bottom note: my Extra is always open. :awesome:

My point is that typing out :hurr: is much faster than actually stopping your typing and actually clicking the dam thing :hurr:

None.

Sep 14 2010, 12:44 am Aristocrat Post #1036

Shouting in the SB after sending a PM with images:

A Staredit Network error has occured:
MySQL Error '2006': MySQL server has gone away
Query failed: SELECT * FROM shoutbox LEFT JOIN members ON (id = sb_mid) WHERE sb_deleted = 0 AND (sb_whisper=6163 OR sb_mid=6163 OR sb_whisper=0) AND sb_site = 'sen' ORDER BY sb_itime DESC LIMIT 7
Waited: 0.0312328338623 ms
Please contact administration with all the details.

None.

Sep 14 2010, 11:31 am NudeRaider Post #1037

We can't explain the universe, just describe it; and we don't know whether our theories are true, we just know they're not wrong. >Harald Lesch

Thanks Aristo, but we found the source of the error already: The image parser takes too long to return the results so the SQL server times out and doesn't complete the query. As for a fix, we will see...

Sep 14 2010, 10:03 pm DT_Battlekruser Post #1038

I will test out improved image parsers when I'm feeling less lazy, until then just avoid many and/or really big images and you should be fine.

None.

Sep 14 2010, 11:22 pm LoTu)S Post #1039

I found a last post glitch?

I've seen it on some rare occasions.

None.

Sep 15 2010, 8:23 pm poison_us Post #1040

Back* from the grave

Not sure if this has been mentioned, or is even fixable, but once you view shout numbers (/shouts [username]) it will not show the next shout. For example, if I find my number of shouts, it will not show my next shout, but will show every shout thereafter like normal. The only way to fix is through a page refresh or a spam shout after /shouts [user].

EDIT: Also, when looking in a profile, it says user is writing a post, but following the link and scrolling down doesn't display the name in italics. I'm on Maplantis, so this might just be a Maplantis problem.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Sep 17 2010, 4:38 am by poison_us.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 50 51 52 53 5490 >
  Back to forum