Staredit Network > Forums > Staredit Network > Topic: List of Known Bugs/Needed Features
List of Known Bugs/Needed Features
This topic is locked. You can no longer write replies here.
Mar 24 2008, 1:13 am
By: DevliN
Pages: < 1 « 48 49 50 51 5290 >

Aug 26 2010, 10:37 pm payne Post #981

:payne:

Quote from BlueWolf
I'd like to say that I love the Recent Posts in the forum Portal <3
lol @ everyone complaining about Sixen stealing ideas on SEN while he never complained about us taking his.
</off topic>

(This had to be said, you can't disagree.)

<on topic>
I really don't know why, but from times to times, on Epic skin, the filter turns to SC1. O.o

Quote from BlueWolf
Can Mods have the ability to mark questions in certain forums as Solved inside brackets and Pendingin brackets also. It's just to keep things organized. I also think that creating wikis from asked questions would be a great idea, so that the first post can be updated with a link to the wiki article.

You know about the SC2 Wiki Project?
And, basically, if you've read the most recent News, you should've seen I was making this exact same proposition about Wikis, even showing examples. ;)
Anyways, just do like me, create a page, link in your post, and ask people to fill it if they have the knowledge for it. If someone just gives you the solution without updating the wiki, do it yourself. :awesome:

None.

Aug 26 2010, 11:55 pm DevliN Post #982

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

Mods already have the ability to rename topics to have [PENDING] and [SOLVED]. There's no rule saying they have to, but to make things easier, perhaps it would be a good idea for them to start doing that again.

\:devlin\: Currently Working On: \:devlin\:
My Overwatch addiction.

Aug 26 2010, 11:58 pm Devourer Post #983

Hello

Ya I would support that, maybe you should make a topic about that in da lounge :P

Please report errors in the Staredit.Network forum.

Aug 27 2010, 2:42 am payne Post #984

Quote from DevliN
Mods already have the ability to rename topics to have [PENDING] and [SOLVED]. There's no rule saying they have to, but to make things easier, perhaps it would be a good idea for them to start doing that again.
His point was to use -colors-.
And if I was a GM, all forums would be properly tagged. :-_-: My terrain forum is da best.
(Though I already know I should count myself lucky to be part of the staff :P)

None.

Aug 27 2010, 3:15 am DavidJCobb Post #985

Quote from BlueWolf
Can Mods have the ability to mark questions in certain forums as Solved inside brackets and Pending in brackets also. It's just to keep things organized.
Yes, but it could be helpful to "hard-wire" these functions in. Consider a feature where a topic that asks a solved question shows a direct link to the "best answer(s)" in a box between the OP and following posts.

That could be done -- and the functionality could be generalized and reused in other situations -- by creating "Topic Designations" (or something similar) that allow moderators to specify certain fields. So the "Topic Designation" for "SOLVED" would be:

Label in forum index: "Solved: "
Label color: #4C4
Message box position: Between OP and other posts
Message box text:
The question in this topic has been solved!
The best answer%IF|LINKS>1|s|% can be found %LINKS|here|, |, and %.

When applying the "SOLVED" Topic Designation, a moderator can simply add links to the best answers. Then, it would show up on the forum index like this:

Solved: Topic Title

And between the OP and other posts, people'd see a box like this:

The best answers can be found here, here, here, and here.

or this:

The best answer can be found here.

All that'd be needed would be a simple parsing engine for the box text. This functionality could be generalized or merged with existing systems to allow custom displays of messages and statuses like "This problem has been resolved!", "Topic has been locked!", etc., all using the same base functionality. Depending on how its implemented, it could also be very easily extensible.

Various attributes could be tied into this. If we take the example above and add a few features, then here's how the functionality being proposed here could be used to specify what happens to a locked topic:

Designation title: locked topic
Label on forum index? No.
Label text:
Label color:
Icon on forum index? Yes.
Icon: [image]
Show a box in the topic? Yes
Box position: Top of the page, before posts AND bottom of the page, after posts
Box text: This topic was locked by %MODERATOR% on %DATE%!\nReason: %REASON%

Custom fields
DATE: Date this designation was applied to the topic
MODERATOR: The person applying this designation
REASON: [single-line text field]

Permissions
Allow posts from these groups/ranks: none
Allow edits from these groups/ranks: moderators, administrators
Allow deletions from these groups/ranks: moderators, administrators
Allow posts in this thread to be reported by these groups/ranks: all
Show this topic in the topic list? yes
Allow this topic to be bumped? no
Keep this topic at the top of the topic list? (pin/sticky) no

So basically, I'm recommending a system where "topic designations" can be defined by people with sufficient privileges, and then applied by the same. The current system of hardcoded system messages could be replaced with an extensible system in which messages, display modes, permissions, etc., can be defined as parts of these "topic designations" and then easily applied to topics en masse. It'd be tying together multiple separate-but-similar functionalities into one extensible feature set.

This one feature set could encompass marking topics as "Solved", "Locked", "Pinned/Stickied", "Restricted", etc..

Post has been edited 4 time(s), last time on Aug 27 2010, 3:27 am by DavidJCobb.

None.

Aug 27 2010, 3:59 am payne Post #986

http://www.staredit.net/topic/10979/
http://www.staredit.net/topic/11388/
http://www.staredit.net/topic/11381/

It looks like people never noticed how I was moderating my forum. ;)
(I only linked to post in the OP if the post wasn't part of the very first answers and if there were a lot of replies)

None.

Aug 28 2010, 3:00 am DavidJCobb Post #987

THERE IS A SERIOUS PROBLEM ON THE FORUM INDEX.

SC2 Melee Assistance
Assistance with melee games / melee map making? Both or...? A cat is fine too.

YOU ARE DOING IT WRONG. That is not how the "a cat is fine too" meme is meant to be used. :<

None.

Aug 28 2010, 12:25 pm Devourer Post #988

Hello

This is serious buisness.

Aug 28 2010, 2:15 pm BlueWolf Post #989

Quote from payne
No I wasn't, I just used colors to make things easier to read.

@Jacob :D That's exactly what I was thinking! It's a pain having to read through the debate of a thread when you're trying to figure something out. Having a link in the first post to the answer would save me so much time. Thank you so much for taking this into consideration.

None.

Aug 28 2010, 8:01 pm payne Post #990

Quote from BlueWolf
Quote from payne

@Jacob :D That's exactly what I was thinking! It's a pain having to read through the debate of a thread when you're trying to figure something out. Having a link in the first post to the answer would save me so much time. Thank you so much for taking this into consideration.
Have you even clicked those links I shared just above?

None.

Aug 29 2010, 2:31 am DavidJCobb Post #991

Quote from Devourer
This is serious buisness.
YOU ARE DOING IT WRONG. STILL. CHECK YOUR SPELLING.

Quote from payne
Quote from BlueWolf
Quote from payne

Have you even clicked those links I shared just above?
My proposal is a system that would allow the things you do in your moderation to be automated. (Furthermore, my proposed system could encompass and generalize several bits of functionality that are currently hard-coded, such as locked topics.)

@Everyone:
I just transferred most of my data and my wired adapter (PCI card) to a new (2GB RAM!) computer, so certain things may not work. I know right now that my (copied) installation of Windows Live Messenger is completely broken. I haven't tested my installation of FireZilla (Devourer), so I don't know if I can still connect to SEN's FTP yet. On the bright side, the computer could run the SCII Beta (at the lowest settings only) when it was offline, though now that I'm online, I question whether it can still do so.

So my ability to update SEN may be... impaired. Not that I have any major updates planned -- my motivation is still shot. I'm such a lazy bastard D:

None.

Aug 29 2010, 2:34 am Roy Post #992

An artist's depiction of an Extended Unit Death

When using the quote feature and making a fast reply, if the quoted content contains a "|" then the quote will stop before that character. You can test by quoting this post and fast replying. What pops up is:

Code
[quote=name:Roy]When using the quote feature and making a fast reply, if the quoted content contains a &quot;[/quote]

Using the quote on the reply page does not have this error.

Aug 29 2010, 2:37 am DavidJCobb Post #993

Quote from Roy
When using the quote feature and making a fast reply, if the quoted content contains a "
The "Multiquote" button (which is what you used) uses AJAX to retrieve the post. I assume that "|" is used as some kind of delimiter to separate parameters.

Devourer, a much more reliable delimiter would be a null character, which can be replicated in JavaScript using the escape character \0 in a string. The only way people would manage to insert one into a post would be (possibly) by tampering with a form field in Firebug, and even then I'm not sure that'd work. The only possible problem would be: can the server send response text that includes a null character? You'd have to test it server-side: copy an AJAX script and have it return a null character, and then view the output (or write a simple JS function to alert output.toSource() or something similar in Firefox).

None.

Aug 29 2010, 4:39 pm Aristocrat Post #994

Find My Posts only includes the replies a user made in response to topics, and skips the thread posts made by the user. Perhaps this was intended, but I find it strange that it omits threads: isn't the thread a post, as well?

None.

Aug 29 2010, 5:34 pm Devourer Post #995

Hello

There is find my posts and find my topics....

Aug 29 2010, 5:38 pm Aristocrat Post #996

Quote from Devourer
There is find my posts and find my topics....

I expect "find posts" to INCLUDE topics. Topics are posts, but not all posts are topics. In other words, {topics} ⊆ {posts}, thus "find my posts" should include topics as well as posts, while "find my topics" should include topics only.

None.

Aug 29 2010, 5:49 pm Generalpie Post #997

Staredit Puckwork

One thing that could be added is having a pop-up when you get a pm or notice... like in the old stormcoast-fortress...
It sometimes gets really annoying when i dont notice the little square at the top left until its too late.

None.

Aug 29 2010, 6:41 pm Devourer Post #998

Hello

errr... lol. You do not notice this huge field on the top left? It's the first thing striking me. And I definitely won't add a silly pop up for that.

Aug 29 2010, 8:01 pm Biophysicist Post #999

Replying to a PM on Firefox says "Characters left: NaN", though Firebug returns no errors and it works fine.

AIM information is visible to logged-out users.

None.

Aug 29 2010, 8:18 pm Devourer Post #1000

Hello

mentioned a thousands time

Options
Pages: < 1 « 48 49 50 51 5290 >
  Back to forum