Answer Votes Percentage % Voters
Yes 29

60%
None.
No 20

41%
None.
Please login to vote.
Poll has 49 votes. You can vote for at most 1 option(s).

Mar 2 2008, 10:38 pm cheeze Post #21

I try to, but the church I go to moved off campus, and since I don't have a hard, I usually have to find a ride somewhere else
Freudian slip?! :|

Also. Atheists are just like religious people. All based on faith. You gotta be a wimpy and be agnostic like me! :P

None.

Mar 2 2008, 10:53 pm Ultraviolet Post #22

Quote from cheeze
I try to, but the church I go to moved off campus, and since I don't have a hard, I usually have to find a ride somewhere else
Freudian slip?! :|

Also. Atheists are just like religious people. All based on faith. You gotta be a wimpy and be agnostic like me! :P

Choose a side you sissy! :P

Mar 2 2008, 11:56 pm Test Post #23

I believe in logic.

What came first, the chicken or the egg?
The egg. Dinosaurs laid eggs, and dinosaurs came before chickens!

More specific:
What came first the chicken or the chicken egg?
The chicken. For the egg to be called a chicken egg, it would have to have come from a chicken!

I voted, yes, because I don't believe in in a god. If religion was cool like the Greek Deity's, then maybe I would be religious.

None.

Mar 2 2008, 11:57 pm Ultraviolet Post #24

Quote from Test
I believe in logic.

Q. What came first, the chicken or the egg?
A. The egg. Dinosaurs laid eggs, and dinosaurs came before chickens!

More specific:
Q. What came first the chicken or the chicken egg?
A. The chicken. It for it to be called a chicken egg, it would have to have come from a chicken.

I actually believe the egg came first. The first chicken had to hatch from an egg.

Mar 2 2008, 11:59 pm Test Post #25

If a turkey came out of a chicken egg, would it be called a chicken, or a turkey?

None.

Mar 3 2008, 12:06 am Ultraviolet Post #26

Err, I see your point. My point is more of a generic egg that had to spawn the chicken. At some point in evolution it went from being whatever to being a chicken, and its egg came before it. I think both sides are easily arguable.

Mar 3 2008, 12:25 am Test Post #27

Yes. I'm very open-minded towards problems like this. Except when the argument is completely retarded.

None.

Mar 3 2008, 12:45 am EzDay281 Post #28

Agnostic.

None.

Mar 3 2008, 6:00 am Laser Dude Post #29

A chicken is a certain somewhat specific set of DNA codes, resulting in the chicken's speicies. However, as mutations occur in the gametes, not in a multicellular animal, it is far more likely that the egg came first, unless every single cell in the entire pre-chicken mutated all at once to create a chicken, which is very unlikely.

As per the topic. I am an atheist. Dividing Atheists up into Diests, Atheists, and Agnostics is like dividing the answer to the question, "What type of car do you own?" - 'I don't own a car' into: 'I'm an enviromentalist', 'I haven't looked at the selection of available cars', and 'I would like to purchase a car, but haven't'. I'd consider all those groups to be one: "I don't own a car" i.e. "I'm not a part of a religion".

Yes, my analogy is somewhat difficult to understand, but if you read it a couple times you might get it. :P

None.

Mar 3 2008, 6:02 am Ultraviolet Post #30

Quote from Laser Dude
A chicken is a certain somewhat specific set of DNA codes, resulting in the chicken's speicies. However, as mutations occur in the gametes, not in a multicellular animal, it is far more likely that the egg came first, unless every single cell in the entire pre-chicken mutated all at once to create a chicken, which is very unlikely.

As per the topic. I am an atheist. Dividing Atheists up into Diests, Atheists, and Agnostics is like dividing the answer to the question, "What type of car do you own?" - 'I don't own a car' into: 'I'm an enviromentalist', 'I haven't looked at the selection of available cars', and 'I would like to purchase a car, but haven't'. I'd consider all those groups to be one: "I don't own a car" i.e. "I'm not a part of a religion".

Yes, my analogy is somewhat difficult to understand, but if you read it a couple times you might get it. :P

I get it, interesting analogy :P. After reading about deists they seemed a little bit different to me, but I'd still agree that they're all part of a similar category.

Mar 3 2008, 6:06 am Minority Post #31

About the egg, it all depends on how you define 'chicken egg'. A chicken egg could be an egg that will hatch into a chicken, or an egg that was laid by a chicken.

And I am a Strong Atheist. As in, I deny the existence of any 'supreme being'. Just wanted to make that clear.

None.

Mar 3 2008, 6:30 am FatalException Post #32

Quote from Minority
About the egg, it all depends on how you define 'chicken egg'. A chicken egg could be an egg that will hatch into a chicken, or an egg that was laid by a chicken.

And I am a Strong Atheist. As in, I deny the existence of any 'supreme being'. Just wanted to make that clear.
That question doesn't say anything about what kind of egg, though, so I would think that eggs came before chickens, unless chickens mutated from simple organisms that reproduced be meiosis and became the first creatures to lay eggs. :P

Atheist.

None.

Mar 3 2008, 6:40 am Minority Post #33

People still try to argue about what kind of egg it is. It needs to be made clear ):<

None.

Mar 3 2008, 2:46 pm WoAHorde Post #34

Ancient Bacteria came first, duh. :P

I'm open-minded about things, I believe there's a Tea Pot orbiting Mars at this moment.

None.

Mar 3 2008, 8:13 pm Dapperdan Post #35

Quote from Minority
People still try to argue about what kind of egg it is. It needs to be made clear ):<

It's not intended as a literal question in its purest form... the question fails in its purpose if you try to apply it to the real chicken vs egg scenario, as laser explains, it's not that hard to figure out.

@Laser: you're analogy is easy to understand + it's a good one.

I'm open-minded about things, I believe there's a Tea Pot orbiting Mars at this moment.

That's ridiculous. I believe it to be orbiting Saturn. Duh.

None.

Mar 3 2008, 8:46 pm Impeached Post #36

Quote from Doodan
I believe in God. I believe in fate. I just think where people go wrong is that they assume that God is some kind of Santa Claus that will give them what they want and make everything right.
Most people don't believe that, yunno.

I'm a Christian, and I believe in the seven day creation. Evolution is completely irrational, and I'm ready to back that up.

And, of course, if evolution isn't true... :|

None.

Mar 3 2008, 9:18 pm Symmetry Post #37

Dungeon Master

Quote from Impeached
I'm a Christian, and I believe in the seven day creation. Evolution is completely irrational, and I'm ready to back that up.

You think evolution is irrational, but an omnipotent being creating the universe in six days isn't? That's the most retarded thing I've ever heard.

:voy: :jaff: :voy: :jaff:

Mar 3 2008, 9:58 pm Dapperdan Post #38

Quote from Killer_Kow
You think evolution is irrational, but an omnipotent being creating the universe in six days isn't? That's the most retarded thing I've ever heard.

None.

Mar 3 2008, 10:42 pm Minority Post #39

Quote from Impeached
Go ahead. http://whywontgodhealamputees.com/forum/index.php

None.

Mar 3 2008, 10:57 pm WoAHorde Post #40

Quote from Dapperdan
Quote from Killer_Kow

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 2 3 413 >
  Back to forum