Answer Votes Percentage % Voters
Yes 29

60%
None.
No 20

41%
None.
Please login to vote.
Poll has 49 votes. You can vote for at most 1 option(s).

Mar 25 2008, 10:21 pm JordanN Post #241

Quote from Syphon
The dictionary is not scripture. SEE DICTIONARY FOR DETAILS.

Scrip·ture /ˈskrɪptʃər/ [skrip-cher]
–noun
1. Often, Scriptures. Also called Holy Scripture, Holy Scriptures. the sacred writings of the Old or New Testaments or both together.
2. (often lowercase) any writing or book, esp. when of a sacred or religious nature.
3. (sometimes lowercase) a particular passage from the Bible; text.

Fine. The gospel of the flying spaghetti monster.

None.

Mar 25 2008, 10:22 pm FlyingHat Post #242

Quote from candle12345
Just throwing it out there. Atheist. Now y'all know.

I'm atheist becaues of someting else though, I'm doing it as a sort of 'boycott' to religion [Christianity in particular.], now you tell me that the absolute horrors caused by religion outweigh the things they've done for the good of humanity.

Good:
Aid and stuff like that.
Education [filled with their propaganda, you decide whether it's good or bad]
Supposed 'Salvation'

Bad:
Mass Murder:
Crusades
Witch Trials
Racism:
Hatred towards negroes with the bible as an excuse! Just because it stopped doesn't mean it didn't happen!
Teaching:
Teaching us the bible at a young age, at 8 years old, you can't make your own decisions!
Making many of us narrow-minded through 'scripture'

I mean come on!
Anything you want added just say.
You're talking more about Roman Catholicism. Not Christianity in general.

Quote from MillenniumArmy
Mass Murder:
Crusades
Witch Trials
Racism:
Hatred towards negroes with the bible as an excuse! Just because it stopped doesn't mean it didn't happen!
Teaching:
Teaching us the bible at a young age, at 8 years old, you can't make your own decisions!
Making many of us narrow-minded through 'scripture'
Do note that there is a difference between "religion's fault" and "people's fault." All of those examples lean primarily towards the latter.
This.

None.

Mar 25 2008, 10:22 pm Centreri Post #243

Relatively ancient and inactive

Once again, lol wut? Whats wrong with children being taught the bible at a young age. Ok, before I continue, I hate atheist of these kind who bring on such cases without actually thinking about it. The same way how Atheist hate those Christians who did those acts. No side is right. Now, the bible never says "you can't make your own decision". Even too the point where you can even choose to abandon it. The only closest thing to that is "bible related" judgements. Now, when a child has reach the age of maturity, then they can ask themselves "do I really want to continue with this". Parents overseer alot of children's actions because they really don't know better.
Your parents tell you that the Bible is truth, and the Bible doesn't need to say 'DO WAT I SAE!', EVERYTIN ELS IS RONG'. As to the asking themselves as adults... I'd say, after 15 years of believing a little book is truth, the chances of dropping it are slim.

None.

Mar 25 2008, 10:41 pm BiOAtK Post #244

On religion:
Quite simply, religion is impossible because nothing in the universe, or outside of it, is one or the other, black or white, true or false. The only things following this supposed rule are human created, therefore, religion is human created.
Think of this: Why was monotheism not the first religion?
Simply, because some bullshitter made it up. I'm not denying that Jesus was a real person. I definitely think that he, Muhammad, Moses, etc were completely real. However, the "miracles" they performed I believe to be false.
Another thing to ponder: If there is a God, should we worship Him? Look at the news. Terrorism, racism, poverty, famine, drought, disease. Is this the God you want to believe in? Should we worship a God who basically fucked over humanity.

Another thing I have about free will: There is no free will if someone knows the future. This also makes all forms of time-travel impossible, and also makes God impossible.

I am an Atheist, but I made my own choices in life and became an Atheist. I was brainwashed into the Bible as a child, but luckily I found... alternative forms of news. This left me thinking, if there is a God, should he be worshiped? I decided no.

- Anonymous

None.

Mar 25 2008, 10:43 pm JordanN Post #245

Another thing to ponder: If there is a God, should we worship Him? Look at the news. Terrorism, racism, poverty, famine, drought, disease. Is this the God you want to believe in? Should we worship a God who basically fucked over humanity.

Please tell me you're being sarcastic.
Another thing I have about free will: There is no free will if someone knows the future.
This left me thinking, if there is a God, should he be worshiped? I decided no.
:bored:

None.

Mar 25 2008, 10:46 pm BiOAtK Post #246

Nope.
And please attempt to christrape my other points?

Btw, I never said God existed.

None.

Mar 25 2008, 10:48 pm Centreri Post #247

Relatively ancient and inactive

Please tell me you are. His point is completely applicable. If you're blaming what's happening on humanity, answer this: How the hell is the starving child in Africa responsible for what Saddam Hussein or anyone else did?

None.

Mar 25 2008, 10:55 pm WoAHorde Post #248

Quote from Anonymous
On religion:
Quite simply, religion is impossible because nothing in the universe, or outside of it, is one or the other, black or white, true or false. The only things following this supposed rule are human created, therefore, religion is human created.
Think of this: Why was monotheism not the first religion?
Simply, because some bullshitter made it up. I'm not denying that Jesus was a real person. I definitely think that he, Muhammad, Moses, etc were completely real. However, the "miracles" they performed I believe to be false.

Another thing I have about free will: There is no free will if someone knows the future. This also makes all forms of time-travel impossible, and also makes God impossible.

I am an Atheist, but I made my own choices in life and became an Atheist. I was brainwashed into the Bible as a child, but luckily I found... alternative forms of news. This left me thinking, if there is a God, should he be worshiped? I decided no.

- Anonymous

This. If this doesn't make you an atheist, that's sad. Contains some of the points of why I became Atheist in the first place.

None.

Mar 25 2008, 11:00 pm JordanN Post #249

Quote from WoAHorde
This. If this doesn't make you an atheist, that's sad. Contains some of the points of why I became Atheist in the first place.

Yea. Invalid points should definitely make you an Atheist. I guess I'm sad. :-(

None.

Mar 25 2008, 11:00 pm BiOAtK Post #250

Delete

None.

Mar 25 2008, 11:02 pm WoAHorde Post #251

Quote from JordanN
Quote from WoAHorde

You ignore every valid point offered. Do not debate if you are not open-minded. Tell me JordaN, why did the Mesopotamians worships many gods and not just your god??

None.

Mar 25 2008, 11:02 pm Syphon Post #252

Quote from JordanN
Quote from WoAHorde

If those are invalid what's the epicurus quote?

None.

Mar 25 2008, 11:12 pm JordanN Post #253

I C wat U did thar. I'll find away to beat that quote.

None.

Mar 25 2008, 11:29 pm Demented Shaman Post #254

Quote from JordanN
Quote from WoAHorde

Only if you're a rational human being.

None.

Mar 26 2008, 4:08 pm mikelat Post #255

I'm an Atheist.

...and damn guys. You take this far too seriously. Just let people believe whatever they want to believe.

None.

Mar 26 2008, 8:44 pm EzDay281 Post #256

...and damn guys. You take this far too seriously. Just let people believe whatever they want to believe.
No! Never!
You're WROOONG! D:
>.> <.<

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 11 12 13
  Back to forum