Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 Map Production > Topic: Hells Awakening
Hells Awakening
This topic is locked. You can no longer write replies here.
Jan 27 2008, 2:34 pm
By: Oh_Man
Pages: < 1 2 3 4 59 >

Nov 8 2008, 11:45 pm Pigy_G Post #41

Epic!

None.

Dec 4 2008, 8:32 pm payne Post #42

:payne:

MOAR UPDATES! :D

None.

Dec 5 2008, 1:56 am stickynote Post #43

I wonder if he's stuck or has given up hope? This map has potential!

None.

Dec 8 2008, 1:25 pm payne Post #44

Na, I know he hasn't. ;) (I'm serious :P)

None.

Dec 11 2008, 3:20 am RISKED911 Post #45

Wow...you are promicing a lot you know.

None.

Dec 11 2008, 5:52 am stickynote Post #46

That's because he's already got a lot of work done on his map. He is more than promising, he will very likely finish this map. The demo clearly shows the spell systems mostly finished.

None.

Dec 25 2008, 6:18 pm New-Guy Post #47

Is the release date still the same? Or are you gonna have to delay it?

None.

Dec 25 2008, 9:05 pm payne Post #48

Btw, sorry for not coming on B.net to test, my main computer have crashed and I can't play with that one :(

None.

Dec 29 2008, 12:18 pm Oh_Man Post #49

Find Me On Discord (Brood War UMS Community & Staredit Network)

No worries Payne, you will be able to play it when its finished as I have had my brothers testing it hehe.

Anyway, hello everyone I hope you have enjoyed Christmas. I am presenting the last update to my Production thread before I release the map to the public. First of all I will get the bad news out of the way. I will be postponing my map now by two weeks. Mainly due to a bit of laziness on my part and a few setbacks with the map itself. Nothing I can't handle I assure you. :P

Now on to the updates, we have some new screenshots, the boss database has been finalized, as has the Locales section. I think that ties everything up nicely now. Enjoy!

Screenshots

Valefor wasting the wildlife with his starter ability.

Welcome to Dagos!

Lord Targeus delivers the bad news.

Elemain - where your adventure begins.

Valefor mines some Bronze.

Rionna attacks the Earth Shaker with help from her Sentry ability.

The wonderous city of Besaide.

The elves fight ferociously in defence of their city.

Valefor gets swamped by a group of Water Sprites.

Xavier gets caught in a bit of a tough spot. Fortunately, as a Mage he has several ways to get out of this.

Boss Additions

Water Sprite (Archon)
This swirling mass of water impedes your progress during a rescue mission at the city of Besaide. The fight itself takes place in an underwater cave, so keep your wits about you!

Demon Lord (Ultralisk)
This hellish monstrosity commands the hordes of demons currently roaming Sighan. If you manage to defeat the large army standing between yourself and the Lord then you are granted the unpleasant task of dispatching it. Beware its scything blades.

Succubus (Queen)
The ancient, long abandoned, underground cities now play host to many horrors. The worst of these is the Succubus. This lady of the dark can be very territorial and will descend upon any unfortunate traveler stupid (or brave) enough to enter her domain.

Leviathan (Infested Command Centre + Sunken Colonies)
Fishermen have many a tale to tell after their long voyages at see. Some of these tales are more extravagant then others. One such tale (told by a rather inebriated fisherman in a packed inn) describes a large, many-tentacled creature swimming behind his trawler for many days. Only after they reached shallow waters did the creature turn tail and sink back into the depths. Was the sailor telling the truth? Who knows. But one must give credit to a man who is able to invent such a tale after nearly depleting the inn's store of ale.

Dragon (Mutalisk)
These fabled creatures haven't been seen for nearly seven hundred years. They can spew gouts of flame and fly to great heights. In recent times they have been seen flying in packs, which doesn't bode well for the citizens of Sighan. Even one of these creatures would require a great deal to kill, but a pack of them? God help us all.

War Zeppelin (Command Centre)
These technological marvels are known to ferry Demon Lords quickly across the battlefield. They give their occupants a wide view of the area, and come equipped with some rather outlandish weaponry. Bringing one of these down would aid greatly in any war effort.

Undead Dragon (Battlecruiser)
Necromancy is a very dangerous and unstable art, frowned upon by most magic users. It takes a great deal of skill to master this art, and whoever could resurrect a creature as large and magical as a dragon has tremendous power indeed. Any undead creature possesses abilities that their live form did not, so keep that in mind if you ever come across these horrors.

Sorcerer (Ghost)
Good luck.

Locale Additions

Besaide

The illustrious city of Besaide is perhaps one of the most magnificent creations of mankind. The city resides upon the centre of a large, secluded lake, built by master artisans of an unknown age. How or why it was built is unknown, but the city has stood for many years. Even today Besaide is shrouded in mystery. Few know of its existence, and those that do regard it as nothing more then myth. Citizens of Besaide are quite dark skinned in comparison to the other humans of Sighan, and live secluded lives, rarely leaving their lake. Though the city itself is lavishly built, the people that reside there enjoy a relatively simple existence. Their Navy is small but well equipped enough to easily deal with the creatures of the depth that occasionally wander to the surface. Water Sprites are a constant problem for the people of Besaide; their unique properties allow them to bypass many of the cities defences. In recent times their activities have become increasingly incessant, forcing Besaide citizens to go to increasingly desperate lengths to keep their city safe.

Menenos

This tree-city is the last known elf occupied settlement in all of Sighan. It featured heavily in the Elven Genocides, and was the location of the last battle against mankind. The city itself is spread throughout an expansive forest. As with most elven buildings, the city is spread out high in the forest canopy, with few buildings actually residing on the ground. Massive stone walls were erected around the forest during the wars, and there they have stood ever since, containing the forest while keeping out intruders. The Elves are widely known to have some of the world’s best archers, and the defences of Menenos are built perfectly to accommodate this. Many crusades were repelled by legions of trained bowman raining down arrows from the cities high walls, and not once has the city been breached. Menenos has recently closed their gates and barred entrance to all comers. No one knows why this has occurred, but rumour has it that the drums of war are sounding once again. The question remains, who do the Elves intend to fight?

There we are ladies and gentlemen. I will work tirelessly to bring this map to the public in two weeks. I hope for your sake and mine that it is everything you hoped it to be!

Dec 29 2008, 2:37 pm ForTheSwarm Post #50

Sorcerer (Ghost)
Good luck.

Lol.

None.

Dec 29 2008, 2:55 pm Norm Post #51

Too many names jacked from FF10.

None.

Dec 29 2008, 3:24 pm Biophysicist Post #52

This image looks weird... Pylon aura sprites? If you meant for it to look like it's underwater, you succeeded.

None.

Dec 29 2008, 3:37 pm ForTheSwarm Post #53

Reminds me of this. So the Water Sprite boss can split itself into lots of Sprites? Or is the boss actually a group of enemies?

None.

Dec 29 2008, 9:00 pm payne Post #54

I knew you'd do it ;)
Gogogo! :D <3

None.

Dec 29 2008, 10:27 pm Pigy_G Post #55

You need to put in an epic easter egg, where you get into purgatory!

None.

Dec 30 2008, 1:43 am BlackWolf99 Post #56

lol should change valefores name. go go Yuna and summon!

None.

Dec 31 2008, 4:45 am Vrael Post #57

Let us play! :D

Seems like you're making a lot more progress on this than I am on my RPG, I need to pick up the pace!

None.

Dec 31 2008, 5:05 am BlackWolf99 Post #58

maybe he has more skill than Joo!

Hurry up and make this rpg so i can beta test it

Actually i think Besaide is from FF10 as well
but spelled Besaid
Come up with better names

None.

Jan 28 2009, 2:27 am payne Post #59

Isn't this supposed to be done by now? :O
Come on, I wanna play it! :P :(