Staredit Network > Forums > Games > Topic: New Blizzard MMO
New Blizzard MMO
Jan 21 2008, 5:10 am
By: candle12345  

Feb 23 2008, 3:46 pm Minority Post #21

Quote from Rantent
But what if it was a mmorts?
Like you get on a server and command armies against thousands of other people?! :omfg:
What, like we do already? Or bigger than that?

None.

Feb 23 2008, 5:51 pm Fisty Post #22

Quote from chui
Ok, now on to what it really might be. The code name for the project is 'Hydra'. So it sounds like its going to be Starcraft oriented based on this information.

Or maybe not, they have included the word Hydra in all 3 universes I believe.
OR they may also be using a misleading codename, as they did for StarCraft 2. (The codename was Medusa)

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Feb 24 2008, 12:16 pm by Deathman101.

None.

Feb 24 2008, 7:09 pm Rantent Post #23

Quote from Minority
8 people is not thousands...

None.

Feb 24 2008, 7:22 pm FatalException Post #24

Quote from Minority
Quote from Rantent
Like you get on a server and command armies against thousands of other people?! :omfg:
Like ENDWARRRRRR!!

Why are we still posting on this? We all know that it's not real. :P

None.

Feb 25 2008, 12:08 am Fisty Post #25

Quote from FatalException
Quote from Minority
Quote from Rantent
Like ENDWARRRRRR!!

Why are we still posting on this? We all know that it's not real. :P
Wait... I did?

None.

Feb 25 2008, 7:05 am Minority Post #26

Quote from Rantent
Quote from Minority
8 people is not thousands...
He never said at the same time. Also, there's seven other people, not eight.

None.

Feb 28 2008, 8:33 pm Vi3t-X Post #27

Starcraft MMORPG = LAG

Protoss: Yay, nothing wrong with them
Terran: May get a little crowded, but still good
Zerg: Zergling, die? TO BAD, NOW U LARVA FOO!! *Months Later* Now ur a droner, mine teh hive itsa minerals.

None.

Mar 14 2008, 4:50 am Syphon Post #28

I'm 110% sure Diablo 3 will be an MMO. Diablo 2 was just an MMO with hundreds of servers and limited player count. :P

Is Hydra Diablo 3? Eh... 70/10/20. 70 it's Diablo 3, 10 it's a StarCraft MMO, 20 it's a new franchise or one of Activision's.

None.

Mar 14 2008, 9:22 pm -BW-Map_God Post #29

I am very curious on what it will turn out too be and have no clue myself, everyone makes good arguments for completely different possibilities ^^. I doubt I will play whatever it is as I don't like to pay for a game every month like a utility bill. I mean the internet is already not free--why add another expense? If they make one thing I hope its a manageable MMO where you don't have to play for hours straight to do well--not sure exactly how that would work.

On a side note anyone heard how many players will be allowed in Starcraft II? Hopefully it will be a bit of an increase but not so bad to create hellish lag. Whatever happens on MMO's the game I am waiting for is Starcraft II, the only game I am willing to upgrade/buy a completely new computer for to make sure it runs smoothly. Just need to hear the specs needed and get a beast that does them and some :).

None.

Mar 14 2008, 9:26 pm Fisty Post #30

Quote from -BW-Map_God
I am very curious on what it will turn out too be and have no clue myself, everyone makes good arguments for completely different possibilities ^^. I doubt I will play whatever it is as I don't like to pay for a game every month like a utility bill. I mean the internet is already not free--why add another expense? If they make one thing I hope its a manageable MMO where you don't have to play for hours straight to do well--not sure exactly how that would work.

On a side note anyone heard how many players will be allowed in Starcraft II? Hopefully it will be a bit of an increase but not so bad to create hellish lag. Whatever happens on MMO's the game I am waiting for is Starcraft II, the only game I am willing to upgrade/buy a completely new computer for to make sure it runs smoothly. Just need to hear the specs needed and get a beast that does them and some :).
I'm guessing 12

None.

Mar 15 2008, 11:15 am Lt.Church Post #31

whatever it is, it better not use insane system reqs' god i hate when i miss out on cool games because lack of hardware, and as for codname Hydra, it could be anything its just a codename, i recall various codenames like dolphin and longhorn having nothing to do with niether.

None.

Mar 15 2008, 5:30 pm Fisty Post #32

Quote from Lt.Church
whatever it is, it better not use insane system reqs' god i hate when i miss out on cool games because lack of hardware, and as for codname Hydra, it could be anything its just a codename, i recall various codenames like dolphin and longhorn having nothing to do with niether.
If you miss out on games because your computer is crap, get a new comp.

None.

Mar 15 2008, 7:05 pm Nintendo_Confed Post #33

Quote from Syphon
I'm 110% sure Diablo 3 will be an MMO. Diablo 2 was just an MMO with hundreds of servers and limited player count. :P

Is Hydra Diablo 3? Eh... 70/10/20. 70 it's Diablo 3, 10 it's a StarCraft MMO, 20 it's a new franchise or one of Activision's.
Blizzard is to lazy to make up a new franchise, let alone have Activision make one for them..

None.

Mar 18 2008, 9:08 am candle12345 Post #34

I reckon it'll be 8ppl max.

They kept the 256x256 cap, why not the player cap?

Besides, it'd get REAAAAL cramped with 4 more players.

On the other hand, the map editors probably good enough to make an mmo

Q. Can the new edito--
A. Yes.

None.

Mar 19 2008, 9:48 pm l)ark_ssj9kevin Post #35

Just here for the activity... well not really

Its going to be a Vikings MMO, silly!

guy lifting weight (animated smiley):

O-IC
OI-C

"Oh, I see it"

Mar 19 2008, 10:19 pm Centreri Post #36

Relatively ancient and inactive

I reckon it'll be 8ppl max.

They kept the 256x256 cap, why not the player cap?

Besides, it'd get REAAAAL cramped with 4 more players.
WCIII also has 256x256, but has 12 players.

None.

Mar 21 2008, 11:10 am candle12345 Post #37

I suppose, but WCIII was much more about small groups of units led by your hero rather than starcrafts large pitched armies.
WCIII had smaller groups of cheap to render units. SCII will have many many expensive ones, so it'd be best not to have more than 8 players.

Besides, do you actually NEED more than 8 for melee? I'm sure the editor will let you do some whacked out shit, you can pretty much recode SCII apparently, so UMS will probably find a loophhole.

Also, the new antigravity thing, I LOVE IT.

Remember I said before, about having an actual soccer game with a soccer ball with physics? That can HAPPEN.
And not just that.

It's gunna be like.
:|
:omfg:
^^
:)
:}
:D
:lol:
:bye1:

None.

Mar 25 2008, 3:10 am Alzarath Post #38

Praetor

Alright, that's it, I'm making a poll as to what you people think it is. (MMORTS sounds reasonable ^.^)

None.

Mar 31 2008, 8:29 pm DevliN Post #39

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

Though I'm dying to play a World of Starcraft-like MMO, I know it will be Diablo 3. :-(

\:devlin\: Currently Working On: \:devlin\:
My Overwatch addiction.

Mar 31 2008, 9:45 pm candle12345 Post #40

If in SCII, the characters start doing weirdass shit completely out of character, we're headed for an MMO.

None.

Options
  Back to forum