Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 Mapping Tools > Topic: SCDB V1.5 - Starcraft Database Launcher
SCDB V1.5 - Starcraft Database Launcher
Nov 20 2018, 12:49 am
By: lifebot  

Nov 20 2018, 12:49 am lifebot Post #1

SCDB is a launcher utility (Similar to wLauncher) that runs in the background while Starcraft is running.

This tool is made by JPoker, the creator of EUD Editor 1/2.

Download: http://lifebotmaps.com/maps/SCDB%20V1.5.zip

In a nutshell, SCDB enables SCDB save/load triggers contained in a map, which allows the map to export death values to an encrypted file.

This file is generated automatically and stored on your hard drive, and also tied to your Battle.net username. Another person cannot use your save file.

The most popular and iconic UMS map in Korea atm is Random Pyramid Defense, and this particular map is known to rely on SCDB to generate a user data file, which contains the information about the furthest round players have reached.

The current adaptation rate of SCDB in Korea is probably 80%+ of all custom map players due to more and more maps are built using SCDB triggers, which cannot be executed without SCDB running in the background.

How you can implement SCDB triggers in your map:

Go to Trigger Editor in EUD Editor 2

Click SCDB on top right. You will see the menu come up.

Write your name and the name of your map.

Now go to Deaths and select the death value (units) you want to be able to save/load.

Now simply make a trigger on TE, and under actions select custom and you will see SCDB:SaveData, SCDB:LoadData.

Using the action trigger SCDB:SaveData will export the death value you selected earlier for the active players.

Using the action trigger SCDB:LoadData will import the death value from the generated save file for the active players.

For the easiest possible method, you can try "Always" as a condition for load trigger and bringing a unit to a beacon for a save condition.

It's really easy. Just try it out and you'll get it

ENJOY! :D

Post has been edited 5 time(s), last time on Dec 8 2018, 2:45 am by lifebot.

None.

Nov 20 2018, 1:57 pm MTiger156 Post #2

Thank you for finally releasing a translation of that software (I tried brute-forcing it a few months ago, but failed). However there may be one key point not mentioned here. I had conversed with one of the EUD Editor devs ("Armo") who stated this software only works on Windows 10. Can you confirm whether or not this remains a fact? Although older OS will slowly die out, they still exist in decent quantity today.

Nov 20 2018, 9:59 pm lifebot Post #3

It works on Windows 7, im using windows 7. I'm going to be releasing SCDB enabled Warbible soon as a demonstration.

None.

Nov 20 2018, 11:51 pm MTiger156 Post #4

:omfg: :hurr: Awesome

Nov 26 2018, 4:19 am lifebot Post #5

Here are some currently known limitations:

- Valkyrie unit is disabled
- Cannot save a DC value exceeding 10000000

None.

Dec 3 2018, 5:01 am Arta(M) Post #6

Quote from name:MEMBER
lifebot

- Valkyrie is used by default MurakamiShiinaQC settings. You can change MSQC settings to use another unit in EUD Editor 2 - plugins menu.

None.

Dec 7 2018, 6:55 am Ultraviolet Post #7

This is pretty great, I've got a working system with SCDB going in my early stages RPG map. I'm up to lvl 14. And it was so easy to implement, just two short triggers in EUD Editor 2 ^^

Dec 8 2018, 2:33 am lifebot Post #8

I'd like to report that more death values you attempt to save, there is an increased chance of abnormal values being loaded.

For example, you would try to save 1000 and it loads 999999 instead.

For now, the cause is rather random but it occurs more often when you're trying to save excessive amount of information.

I also noticed that when I added 5 death values to save, the 4th and the 5th death values would often load an incorrect value.

I've overcome the above issue by allowing users to re-load, as I did find out that continuous re-tries will eventually trigger a successful load.

In conclusion, it's better to save 1 or 2 death values at most. In an RPG map, this would be your Lvl/Exp and gold. The moment you try to do more than that (such as trying to save your entire inventory or etc), you are most likely going to run into some limitations.

The developer of the tool - JPoker, has acknowledged the current shortcomings and currently planning to update SCDB to V2.0

None.

Dec 8 2018, 5:01 am Ultraviolet Post #9

Oh darn, I was planning on using it to save inventory :P

Dec 10 2018, 6:22 pm lifebot Post #10

A new version will be released. Stay tuned

None.

Dec 11 2018, 11:47 pm MTiger156 Post #11

Yes, new update pleeease. My masterpiece requires 26 saved variables (only 8 of those are for inventory). If the game had infinite DC units, then I could put the entire "multiple characters" mechanic into SCDB. Sadly that isn't possible, so the save-code system still prevails. At least SCDB will be good for remembering the last character played... saves players a little bit of time.

Dec 13 2018, 3:34 pm lifebot Post #12

I suggest try using as many DC's as possible and test out it's current capability. I'm saving 5 DC's per player and it seems to be fine. Just make sure you don't make everyone load at the same time, but rather 1 by 1.

None.

Options
  Back to forum