Staredit Network > Forums > Null > Topic: Cadavre Exquis
Cadavre Exquis
Jan 16 2008, 12:09 am
By: O)FaRTy1billion[MM]
Pages: < 1 « 3 4 5 6 >

Jan 23 2008, 9:54 am Minority Post #81

Silent word-initial 'h's are ambigous ground. Sometimes it ultimately depends on your pronunciation.
e.g. <a(n) horrific> as /a hOr\IfIk/ or /an Or\IfIk/

None.

Jan 23 2008, 11:38 pm O)FaRTy1billion[MM] Post #82

👻 👾 👽 💪

I'm just leaving it as "a". Only the vowels will get "an".

TinyMap2 - Latest in map compression! ( 7/09/14 - New build! )
EUD Action Enabler - Lightweight EUD/EPD support! (ChaosLauncher/MPQDraft support!)
EUDDB - topic - Help out by adding your EUDs! Or Submit reference files in the References tab!
MapSketch - New image->map generator!
EUDTrig - topic - Quickly and easily convert offsets to EUDs! (extended players supported)
SC2 Map Texture Mask Importer/Exporter - Edit texture placement in an image editor!
\:farty\: This page has been viewed [img]http://farty1billion.dyndns.org/Clicky.php?img.gif[/img] times!

Jan 23 2008, 11:43 pm Symmetry Post #83

Dungeon Master

I probably shouldn't have used 'hourly' as an adjective, then.

:voy: :jaff: :voy: :jaff:

Jan 24 2008, 3:47 am O)FaRTy1billion[MM] Post #84

👻 👾 👽 💪

It doesn't matter... It is just to make it more likely to be correct. I still need to copy it over, though. I've just been working on my computer situation.

Help me fill this in so I just have to copy over the results. :P

Updated with new features!

Suggest more structures, if you'd like.

Post has been edited 4 time(s), last time on Jan 24 2008, 5:33 am by FaRTy1billion.

EUD Action Enabler - Lightweight EUD/EPD support! (ChaosLauncher/MPQDraft support!)
EUDDB - topic - Help out by adding your EUDs! Or Submit reference files in the References tab!
EUDTrig - topic - Quickly and easily convert offsets to EUDs! (extended players supported)
SC2 Map Texture Mask Importer/Exporter - Edit texture placement in an image editor!
\:farty\: This page has been viewed [img]http://farty1billion.dyndns.org/Clicky.php?img.gif[/img] times!

Jan 25 2008, 3:58 am Minority Post #85

Why can't you select 'either' number or something? Most words don't change based on their number, it was mainly the verbs ruining the fun.

None.

Jan 25 2008, 5:39 am O)FaRTy1billion[MM] Post #86

👻 👾 👽 💪

Hmm. Should I add an option to make it undetermined/irrelevant? I've noticed with adjective it doesn't really matter, but with noun and verb it definitely does.

Jan 5 2009, 2:56 am Biophysicist Post #87

This game is really fun. I want to learn PHP now. :P

None.

Jan 5 2009, 2:58 am Centreri Post #88

Relatively ancient and inactive

Are you aware of how old this topic is?

None.

Jan 5 2009, 2:59 am O)FaRTy1billion[MM] Post #89

👻 👾 👽 💪

11-20 days short of a year. xD

Jan 5 2009, 3:00 am Demented Shaman Post #90

Ban TZ for the massive bump. :rolleyes:

None.

Jan 5 2009, 3:14 am EzDay281 Post #91

This game needs moar <3.
Plus, it shows how crappy some of your guys' understanding of English is.

"Over 9000 muggers Protoss Carriers decimated, but however 42 blasphemous hats cuts."

None.

Jan 5 2009, 3:24 am Biophysicist Post #92

I bumped it? Sorry, I didn't mean too... Someone linked to it in the shoutbox, so I assumed it was a current thread.

But I think this should be left up so people will find this game. Or... Whatever.

None.

Jan 6 2009, 6:37 pm Kellimus Post #93

Quote from O)FaRTy1billion[MM]
So. I am making a Cadavre Exquis game in PHP. It doesn't look all that great, but it works.

Link

By the way, if you are doing verb, do not put it in the infinitive form (or -ing form). If it helps, you can add a particle or other word like "to", "from", "on", "in", "was", etc. Just make sure it will make sense with an unknown adjective/noun.

If I see anyone putting anything along the lines of "FUCK MAPLANTIS", "FUCK SEN", or "FUCK <user>", I shall simply disallow your IP from playing the game. I know it is probably a lot to ask, but I'd like serious game play (as serious as Cadavre Exquis is, of course) and not just petty disagreements.

Infoz:

What is "Cadavre Exquis"?
Basically it is where you have a group of people who add a piece to something bigger (like a sentence, a story, a picture, etc.), but without seeing the entire thing beforehand. Most people see this thing as Mad Libs without a preexisting story.

How do I play?
Mine is divided into 6 "games", each of which is a single sentence. You can contribute to multiple games, but you cannot contribute to the same game more than once. It is based off of the structure of "[determiner] [adjective] [noun] [verb] [article] [determiner] [noun]." You click one of the word parts and then put your name (please, use a real name) and a word.

I added a word, now how do I see the sentence?
When the entire game is filled in, it will be cleared and added to the Results page. To view it and previous results, simply click the "View Results" page. It stores up to 50 results.

Ew. The articles are all screwy.
I know. I havn't decided if they should stay with noun, be with adjective, or be an entity among themselves. With adjective I'd have to add a thing to specify if it is singular or plural, but that wouldn't work well because noun could be added before adjective. I'll work out a solution eventually.

Make it so I don't have to type my name more than once! :mad:
Sorry, I havn't added cookies yet.
Added. :)

lolol!
omgwtf.

Is this just a remake of one of the SeN games that used to be around in V4?? :P

I'll check it out when I have the time.. Always good do know there are people making kick ass stuff with Internet Technology :)

None.

Jan 7 2009, 4:01 am O)FaRTy1billion[MM] Post #94

👻 👾 👽 💪

Was it really necessary to quote the entire first post?

Also our street's power connections have gone bad so our power has been out... I'm turning my server back on.

Jan 7 2009, 4:15 am modmaster50 Post #95

I had a bit of an issue with some of the newer entries being bumped to the bottom of the list. If you look right now, the one on the bottom was made in 2009, while the one above it was made like a year before. Some sort of bug? Also, is there any way to add support for multiple pages so older entries dont go away forever when new ones appear?

"A sticky zergling rush fuck, but after a lot of meticulous investigation, the lumpy, but rather pleasant doomsday device charges."
lol

None.

Jan 7 2009, 5:06 am O)FaRTy1billion[MM] Post #96

👻 👾 👽 💪

I only store 50 of them so I'm not getting spammed with like 20MB of saved phrases.

Jan 7 2009, 5:46 am modmaster50 Post #97

But why are some 2009 sentences being bumped to the bottom of the list? It seems they get bumped back to the correct spot when a new sentence is made. But since recently, the sentence on the bottom is never actually the oldest one. Is that a bug?

None.

Jan 7 2009, 5:56 am O)FaRTy1billion[MM] Post #98

👻 👾 👽 💪

I don't know why it would do that... maybe it is the same reason a blank sentence exists.

Jan 7 2009, 6:15 am Kellimus Post #99

Quote from O)FaRTy1billion[MM]
Was it really necessary to quote the entire first post?

Also our street's power connections have gone bad so our power has been out... I'm turning my server back on.

Oh snap, I didn't even realize it was that big, lmao.

Word, hope to try it out soon

None.

Jan 7 2009, 4:04 pm Dapperdan Post #100

"Korean bears violently rubbed too many diluted sluts."

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 3 4 5 6 >
  Back to forum