Staredit Network > Forums > Media, Art, and Literature > Topic: April Writing Contest
April Writing Contest
Apr 12 2013, 1:58 am
By: Fire_Kame
Pages: < 1 2 3 4 >

Polls
Which is the best entry?
Which is the best entry?
Answer Votes Percentage % Voters
1 1

8%
2 5

39%
3 3

24%
4 0

0%
None.
5 0

0%
None.
I don't want to vote, but I want to view the poll. 4

31%
Please login to vote.
Poll has 13 votes. You can vote for at most 1 option(s).

Apr 16 2013, 12:28 am Oh_Man Post #41

Find Me On Discord (Brood War UMS Community & Staredit Network)

I will join only if there is a significant mineral prize.

Apr 16 2013, 2:10 am Fire_Kame Post #42

wth is starcraft

@Az when you run a writing contest you can do it however you want. :kame:

@OhMan k.

Apr 16 2013, 2:23 am Dem0n Post #43

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

Quote from Fire_Kame

@OhMan k.
k. Count me out then.

Apr 16 2013, 2:46 am Moose Post #44

We live in a society.

A Review of "April Writing Contest", directed by Fire_Kame

I've come to this thread and started writing a reply about ten times now, but every time before this one, my better judgment was to not comment on everything here for fear of disturbing the actors. I'm not even sure anymore if the cast of characters here are serious or just trolling each other. I'll assume the latter, because if they all are just putting on a show here, then every part is incredibly well-cast and well-played, with absolutely fantastic acting. It's all the more entertaining when you realize that the thread is about a writing contest with the prompt "Quickly, Quietly". The thread's striking contrast to and mockery of the prompt is absolutely brilliant and well-executed. Yet, the comedy here is masterfully balanced with amazing drama. I suspect much of the script may be improvised, but this thread has provided an ever-evolving source of amusement on a daily basis. Bravo, SEN, well done! :lol:

10/10 performance, would retire again.

Post has been edited 2 time(s), last time on Apr 16 2013, 2:57 am by Mini Moose 2707.

Apr 16 2013, 2:54 am Pr0nogo Post #45

loooooooool other men

heres' my story hope I followed all rules correctly

audiobook!

Apr 16 2013, 3:13 am Dem0n Post #46

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

Quote from Mini Moose 2707

I've come to this thread and started writing a reply about ten times now, but every time before this one, my better judgment was to not comment on everything here for fear of disturbing the actors. I'm not even sure anymore if the cast of characters here are serious or just trolling each other. I'll assume the latter, because if they all are just putting on a show here, then every part is incredibly well-cast and well-played, with absolutely fantastic acting. It's all the more entertaining when you realize that the thread is about a writing contest with the prompt "Quickly, Quietly". The thread's striking contrast to and mockery of the prompt is absolutely brilliant and well-executed. Yet, the comedy here is masterfully balanced with amazing drama. I suspect much of the script may be improvised, but this thread has provided an ever-evolving source of amusement on a daily basis. Bravo, SEN, well done! :lol:

You echo the late and great Roger Ebert. Great review, Moose. You truly flatter me, along with all the other participants.

Apr 16 2013, 2:09 pm Fire_Kame Post #47

wth is starcraft

Quote from Dem0n
k. Count me out then.
Do you want me to beg you to stay? Because unlike your mafia, it wouldn't hurt my feelings if one person submitted work or fifteen people did. :kame:

Quote from Mini Moose 2707

Stay tuned for the thrilling sequel titled: "Concisely, Qualitatively"

Post has been edited 2 time(s), last time on Apr 16 2013, 5:03 pm by Fire_Kame.

Apr 16 2013, 3:43 pm Azrael Post #48

Quote from Fire_Kame

Well, to be exact, what I wanted to do was reconcile the differences between what was being done already and what some of the contestants wanted done :P It doesn't personally affect me, and it's true that you're free to do things as you see fit, so fair enough ^^

Although I probably wouldn't have made those suggestions if I did have time to participate, since the original ruleset was beneficial to me lol.

Apr 16 2013, 5:09 pm ClansAreForGays Post #49

I want to be able to participate, and weigh in on other's stories. More people read your story Kame's way. Kame's method is good for me.

What is more important to you: The contest result (making it %100 fair), or having more people experience your work?

And don't say all those people can still read your work. When only a designated judge's opinion matters, there's less incentive to bother reading.

Apr 16 2013, 5:14 pm Azrael Post #50

I'm not sure what you're referring to. The suggestion was "You can't vote for yourself". I'm not sure how your post is relevant to that, or how supporting self-voting promotes people reading other entries, or how removing self-voting prevents you from weighing in on anything.

Apr 16 2013, 5:22 pm Fire_Kame Post #51

wth is starcraft

This is getting silly. Do we need to have a "April Writing Contest: Discussion" thread?

Apr 16 2013, 6:11 pm Dem0n Post #52

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

Quote from Fire_Kame
Quote from Dem0n
k. Count me out then.
Do you want me to beg you to stay? Because unlike your mafia, it wouldn't hurt my feelings if one person submitted work or fifteen people did. :kame:
No, I'm just letting you know that I won't be participating.

Apr 17 2013, 6:32 am Sand Wraith Post #53

she/her

To be honest, the rule set doesn't even matter. SEN is so tiny and insignificant that a subset of its community writing in a contest is purely for entertainment. I just hope people actually submit something at all.

"Winning" a subjective contest like this in this environment is already not a proof of anything meaningful. I can't believe I took it so seriously for a moment.

Apr 17 2013, 6:49 am Fire_Kame Post #54

wth is starcraft

Just have fun with it. I for one look forward to reading user submissions. In fact I think I know what I want to write about wee!

Apr 25 2013, 3:57 pm Fire_Kame Post #55

wth is starcraft

Bumping to remind possible contestants that there are

5 Days Left to Submit Before the Deadline.

Submissions Due Tuesday, April 30th at Midnight MST.

Voting will begin the following day.

I already have a few entries but would love to see some more!! :D

Apr 30 2013, 11:09 pm ClansAreForGays Post #56

Get on this Kame.....

May 1 2013, 3:21 am Fire_Kame Post #57

wth is starcraft

I have five or so entries, however due to my schedule I won't be able to update until tomorrow afternoon, so entries are due then.

May 1 2013, 11:56 pm Fire_Kame Post #58

wth is starcraft

Entry 1

Entry 2 (NSFW)

Entry 3

May 1 2013, 11:56 pm Fire_Kame Post #59

wth is starcraft

Entry 4

Entry 5

May 2 2013, 12:00 am DevliN Post #60

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

FYI you can see the poll without voting for the last option, since "Show votes" is enabled... :P

\:devlin\: Currently Working On: \:devlin\:
My Overwatch addiction.

Options
Pages: < 1 2 3 4 >
  Back to forum