Staredit Network > Forums > Null > Topic: Pirate RP
Pirate RP
Feb 18 2013, 3:39 am
By: rayNimagi
Pages: < 1 « 11 12 13 14 15 >

Mar 8 2013, 3:00 pm Fire_Kame Post #241

wth is starcraft

Ray will decide what we do next, not you. :kame: If it wins us influential friends we should play along.

Mar 8 2013, 5:27 pm Wing Zero Post #242

Magic box god; Suck it Corbo

I had Ron confused with Jim. I have no qualms about Ron dying, but he might shout out it was us if we vote against him. I still say we should use our charisma to tell D that it would be better if we found Ron innocent and send a different dude to the brig. But if D says no then Ron dies.

Mar 8 2013, 7:53 pm Azrael Post #243

No, we're not doing that.

Don't ask d'Artagnan anything, that will make him suspicious. Enthusiastically comply with his request.

Right now, before the trial starts, go see the captain and use your reputation and charisma to convince him that Jim was Ron's accomplice, offering whatever false information you need to use to incriminate him (an overheard conversation between Jim and Ron after Peavey's death, perhaps). Use the fact you were on such good terms with Jim to your advantage, speaking regretfully about how you wish it weren't the truth.

Convince the captain to grab Jim before he has a chance to escape or hide, and to have Jim tried this afternoon along with Ron. This will ensure any other conspirators will be too afraid to kill another member of the crew, or worse, the captain himself.

At the trial, use your charisma to make sure Jim and Ron get executed. This will prove to d'Artagnan that you're completely loyal to him.

Mar 8 2013, 7:58 pm Wing Zero Post #244

Ok, now you're just trying to do the opposite of everything I say.

Mar 8 2013, 8:03 pm Sacrieur Post #245

Still Napping

I agree with Az, that's an even better idea. Make sure Jim and Ron both die, that will make d'Artagnan trust us even more before we backstab him too. Might as well since we've gone this far down the rabbit hole.

None.

Mar 8 2013, 8:46 pm lil-Inferno Post #246

Just here for the pie

We must execute Ron for his crimes against humanity, and have Jim executed to make progress on our longer term goals.

Mar 8 2013, 9:00 pm Vrael Post #247

How come no one agrees with my ideas?

None.

Mar 8 2013, 9:04 pm Azrael Post #248

After Jim and Ron have been executed, pause and reflect on the day's success with a long "Yarrrrr...."

Mar 8 2013, 9:13 pm TiKels Post #249

IMO we should kill Jim and Ron. Charismatically, of course.

"If a topic that clearly interest noone needs to be closed to underline the "we don't want this here" message, is up to debate."

-NudeRaider

Mar 8 2013, 9:22 pm Vrael Post #250

Quote from Azrael
After Jim and Ron have been executed, pause and reflect on the day's success with a long "Yarrrrr...."
It's a start :)

None.

Mar 8 2013, 10:32 pm Fire_Kame Post #251

wth is starcraft

We should kill these multiple personalities that dictate our behavior - leave one behind, and harness our creativity (and now personal baggage) into becoming the best artist the world has ever seen.

Mar 8 2013, 10:47 pm rayNimagi Post #252

You find the captain in his quarters and tell him that you overheard Jim conspiring with Ron. The captain believes you, and orders Jim to be sent to the brig until the trial.

During the afternoon, Jim and Ron are put on trial. As d'Artagnan promised, you are given the opportunity to sit on the jury. D'Artagnan leads the accusations while armed crewmembers stand silently around the proceedings. While discussing the facts of the trial with the jury, you speak in favor of the defendants being guilty. The vote is held in secret, and the result is announced on the deck. Jim and Ron are found guilty by a margin of only two, your vote being one of them. The captain declares the defendants guilty, and reads from the pirate code.

"As per the Articles, any crewmember found guilty of killing another shall be marooned on an island with one flask of water, one pistol, one pouch of powder, and one bullet." Jim's face turns pale. Ron remains stoic.

"I hope to God ye voted innocent," Jim whispers to you as the pirates drag him below deck. D'Artagnan orders the ship to set sail for the nearest island, and sends the two back to the brig. It will take until morning for the ship to reach it's destination.

Strength: 6
Intelligence: 5
Charisma: 7

Traits: Creative

Win by luck, lose by skill.

Mar 8 2013, 11:19 pm lil-Inferno Post #253

Just here for the pie

Demand an eye for an eye. Jim and Ron ought to be executed for what they "did", instead of giving them a chance at living.

Mar 8 2013, 11:22 pm Wing Zero Post #254

See that's one way to get to an island. If it is a big island sneak off the boat on an raft with supplies in a waterproof bag when Ron and Jim are dropped off. Sink the raft by flipping it if you think you get noticed and swim to shore. Join up with Ron and Jim as soon as the ship leaves and tell them about how D killed Peavey and how you had to vote for them because D threatened you.

Mar 9 2013, 2:00 am Azrael Post #255

Good idea Inferno, I agree. I'll use your suggestion, and just add some details to flesh it out.

Go talk to d'Artagnan and convince him that it's in everyone's best interests to ensure Jim and Ron don't survive, since they would surely come looking for him if they were rescued and they'd bring another crew to help them. After all, Ron had always told you how suspicious he was of d'Artagnan's motives and ambition, so he certainly knows it was him responsible. Tell him you admire his ambition, but would hate to see him take the position of captain one day just to lose it when Ron sneaks aboard the ship to kill him when he least expects it. Everyone knows Ron is stealthy enough to manage it.

Once he's convinced that making sure Jim and Ron die is the best course of action to ensure the safety of his ambitions, assuming he even required any convincing, then suggest he does what most pirates do when they maroon someone: Leave the prisoners on a sandbar at low tide, not an actual habitable island. This will make it nearly impossible for them to be rescued.

Then tell him that to be extra sure, you'll contaminate their flasks of water, and ask him if he meant it when he said there's no poison on this ship. If he confides in you the location of some toxic substance, go get it and mix a sufficient dose into two flasks of water. If he says there is no poison, simply fill the flasks with saltwater instead. Mark both flasks with a visible marking, like an X, either etched or drawn on it depending on the material (this is to identify the flasks, so you don't end up drinking from one). Afterwards, bring d'Artagnan the flasks of water and tell him to make sure those are the ones the prisoners are given.

After this, get your gold doubloons, a dagger that can't be traced to you, an unloaded pistol that can't be traced to you, and three or four loaded pistols with a handful of bullets from your personal storage, or the ship's storage if need be. If this is necessary, then use stealth to avoid detection while going to collect these items. If anyone sees you enter, simply say you were checking the storage as part of your boatswain duties, while keeping the stolen goods effectively hidden.

Wait until the middle of the night, then take these items to the brig and execute Jim and Ron yourself, right through the bars. Keep your guns hidden in your waist band, strapped to your legs, in your sleeve, or wherever else they'll be out of view. Try to keep them accessible. Put the dagger in your pocket.

Use your stealth to avoid detection. If any guards are positioned in a way that you can't get by them, go talk to them and use some gold doubloons along with your charisma to convince them it's better if these fiends are never given the chance to be rescued. They never gave Peavey a chance, just murdering him in his sleep like pathetic cowards, so we shouldn't give them a chance either. Assure them you'll avenge poor Peavey, and all they have to do is look the other way, with a nice profit on the side.

If the guard will not move out of the way for some reason, ask them "Are you sure? I have quite a lot more coins to spare," and while nonchalantly rifling through your pocket as if you're getting more coins, swiftly pull out the dagger and stab them in the throat repeatedly until they collapse motionless. If there is another guard present, instead of dropping the stabbed guard to the floor, keep him propped up and use him as a shield. Draw your pistol, and while using the first guard's body as protection, shoot the other guard.

If there are any actual physical barriers preventing you from reaching the brig, use these same methods to either have the guards let you through, or force your way through. If no guards are present, but a barrier exists, find someone who would know how to open it and have them do it. If the person who can unlock it is asleep for the night, find them and either stealthily steal the key, convince them to open it, or kill them and take the key (in that order).

Use any means necessary to access the brig, even if it requires setting something on fire to destroy a barrier or lure guards away from their posts. In a worst case scenario, come up with a creative way to bypass any hindrances and do that.

Once any guards have been successfully bypassed, go into the brig and talk to Jim and Ron through the bars. Charismatically tell them you voted for their innocence, but since it didn't work, you're there to free them instead; the plan is to hide them somewhere, like your quarters, and convince the crew they jumped overboard. Close your offhand as if you're holding something and place it through the bars, then tell Ron something like "Here, this should work as a lockpick," using your charisma to convincingly bait him over. When he reaches out his hand so you can drop the supposed lockpick in, grab his wrist and yank his arm through the bars, pulling him up against them. Use your other hand to take out your dagger, and stab him in the throat repeatedly until he goes limp.

Next, use your charisma to calm Jim down, telling him that you know he wasn't the accomplice, but that Ron was the real killer, so you couldn't let him go free. Tell him it's time for him to escape so he can follow the original plan, to successfully hide on the ship while convincing the crew he must have gone overboard already. Toss the bloody dagger on the floor, and offer Jim the unloaded pistol you brought with you, holding it out by the barrel, and tell him you want him to take your weapon so he knows he can trust you. If he resists, tell him you'd have simply shot him with the gun if you wanted him dead, instead of giving it to him, and remind him of your long friendship to convince him to come forward and take it.

As he walks forward to take it, accidentally release it a bit early so it clatters to the cell floor right by the bars, and use your charisma to make it look convincingly like an accident. When he bends down to pick it up, pull out a loaded pistol and kneel down while aiming it at his lowered head. In the most hateful tone possible, whisper through the bars, just loud enough for him to hear, "I killed Peavey and set you up." When he looks up at you in shock, have a wicked smile across your face, so the last thing he sees is that expression of yours while you're aiming your gun at him. At that perfect moment, shoot him through the head, splattering his brains across the floor of the cell.

Make sure both prisoners are dead, using multiple shots if necessary to be able to verify the deaths. Do not unlock or open the cell at any time, unless it would be somehow necessary to kill the prisoners, in which case it should be done, but only while taking the utmost precautions and using charisma to get them into a sufficiently vulnerable position before executing them.

If any guards were killed in the process of getting to the brig, be sure to leave the unloaded pistol in Jim's hand, where it should have ended up anyways. Toss the dagger just inside the cell as well. This should be enough evidence to convince people Jim somehow managed to lure a guard over, got a hold of his weapons, used the dagger to kill Ron, then killed the guards, and simultaneously died from being shot in the process. If people don't draw that conclusion themselves, you can always charismatically suggest it.

Go back to your quarters and change your clothes, wiping any remaining blood off yourself before putting on new clothing. Throw any weapons, clothes, or other items with blood on them into the sea immediately. Afterwards, go to bed, smiling with a great sense of satisfaction, and have a fantastic night's sleep.

Post has been edited 3 time(s), last time on Mar 9 2013, 3:27 am by Azrael. Reason: Typo.

Mar 9 2013, 2:01 am Fire_Kame Post #256

wth is starcraft

Quote from lil-Inferno
Demand an eye for an eye. Jim and Ron ought to be executed for what they "did", instead of giving them a chance at living.

Mar 9 2013, 2:08 am Raitaki Post #257

Combo chance! Guilty! Guilty! A thousand times, guilty! Condemn both of theeeeeem!

EDIT: ....Or we can do Az's way. Take the matter into our own literal hands!

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Mar 9 2013, 2:24 am by Raitaki.

None.

Mar 9 2013, 3:08 am lil-Inferno Post #258

Just here for the pie

I support Azrael's endeavor to cover all of our tracks.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Mar 9 2013, 3:17 am by lil-Inferno.

Mar 9 2013, 3:19 am Excalibur Post #259

The sword and the faith

Quote from lil-Inferno
I support Azrael's endeavor to cover all of our tracks.
Yup, definitely this.

SEN Global Moderator and Resident Zealot
-------------------------
The sword and the faith.

:ex:
Sector 12
My stream, live PC building and tech discussion.

Mar 9 2013, 3:27 am Vrael Post #260

I still support making a name for ourself by bare-handedly killing a Great White Shark. Just sayin.

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 11 12 13 14 15 >
  Back to forum