Staredit Network > Forums > Null > Topic: Pirate RP
Pirate RP
Feb 18 2013, 3:39 am
By: rayNimagi
Pages: < 1 « 10 11 12 13 1415 >

Mar 7 2013, 6:14 am NudeRaider Post #221

We can't explain the universe, just describe it; and we don't know whether our theories are true, we just know they're not wrong. >Harald Lesch

Tell D'Artsy that now, that we're such good friends we're of course helping him, but then he'd own us a favor. And that we hope that he didn't forget who helped him getting there once he's in power.

Mar 7 2013, 10:43 am Excalibur Post #222

The sword and the faith

Support him, and use your charisma to press that you're sure that being such a loyal friend is going to pay off in the future. ;3

SEN Global Moderator and Resident Zealot
-------------------------
The sword and the faith.

:ex:
Sector 12
My stream, live PC building and tech discussion.

Mar 7 2013, 4:46 pm Azrael Post #223

Yeah, called it. It's too bad the unintelligent/trolls in this game forced the character to murder the only NPC who's consistently had our back and been nice to us, and fell into an obvious trap in the process, despite already knowing it was part of some secret plan since we were specifically given a week of time to uncover it. We could have easily ascended the ranks with Peavey's help, but instead d'Artagnan is going to rise into power ahead of us, exactly as Ron already told us.

By the way, it strikes me as odd that a couple people (Kame, Nude, and Wing) keep capitalizing the "d" in "d'Artagnan", despite seeing that the host and all the other players are writing it in lowercase. It's pretty baffling considering rayNimagi has made it perfectly clear (by writing it a million times in lowercase) that it shouldn't be capitalized. It just conveys a sense that you're incredibly ignorant, plus culturally insensitive and unsophisticated, when you continually ignore that.

For those three people, who didn't pick up on the fact d'Artagnan is a French pirate, and have apparently had zero exposure to French names, literature, or culture in general, and who have somehow misread "d'Artagnan" as being capitalized over a hundred times in this thread already, you should be aware that d'Artagnan is a real French name, and the "d" is never capitalized in the middle of a sentence. The d'Name naming convention isn't that uncommon in French, and has many other variants which behave in the same way, many of which have been used for the character names in popular written works originating from France (although reading, outside of forum posts, probably isn't listed among your common pastimes, so I guess this isn't relevant to you).

As an additional note, it should be capitalized as "D'Artagnan" at the beginning of a sentence, because (even though it's a proper name) it literally means "de Artagnan", which in English would be "of Artagnan". It indicates the area the person or person's family came from (or in some instances is part of an official title relevant to the area), where "Artagnan" is some location in France. While rayNimagi hasn't been following this rule, it's much more forgivable to keep it lowercase since it's a proper name, and there's the fact he had no examples indicating it should be written this way (unlike those who have read the posts by him, myself, Excalibur, jjf, etc, and thus should have been aware of the correct spelling).

Anyways, good job to those three (what a coincidence it would be the same three people) for managing to murder our best friend on the ship, just because some scumbag said to. Your brilliance is truly remarkable.

Mar 7 2013, 6:45 pm Sacrieur Post #224

Still Napping

WHY DID YOU KILL PEAVY?

None.

Mar 7 2013, 7:50 pm Fire_Kame Post #225

wth is starcraft

How dare you suggest I killed Peavey! I wanted to take him out for drinks...

...lots of drinks...

It isn't my fault that Ray went with stabby stabby!

Mar 7 2013, 9:24 pm Wing Zero Post #226

Magic box god; Suck it Corbo

Yeah I'm not exactly sure why he went with the stabbing...

Mar 7 2013, 9:30 pm NudeRaider Post #227

We can't explain the universe, just describe it; and we don't know whether our theories are true, we just know they're not wrong. >Harald Lesch

Quote from Sacrieur
WHY DID YOU KILL PEAVY?
Quote from NudeRaider
pirate hotshot.

Mar 8 2013, 3:53 am rayNimagi Post #228

Later in the day, just before the election, you meet up with d'Artagnan.

"I'll announce my support for ye," you say. "Under the condition that you repay yer debt to me one day. I, after all, helped ye, and gave ye this opportunity."

"Mais oui, Red. That's what friends are for, n'est-ce pas?" D'Artagnan pats you on the back and heads up to the deck to join the rest of the crew.

It is evening. The crew has once again gathered on the deck. The captain stands on a crate, holding a copy of the articles governing the Trident.

"We have still not found the knave who killed Peavey," announces the captain. "While the search continues, we must be electin' a new quartermaster. As per the Articles, any member of the crew can nominate another to serve. I open the floor to ye."

"I nominate d'Artagnan!" someone shouts.

"I nominate Red!" shouts another.

"I nominate Robert!" calls a third.

A few more names are thrown around, but after a bit of discussion, it seems that you and d'Artagnan are the frontrunners. The captain calls you up to stand on the crate and say a few words before the vote begins.

You step onto the box. "I cannot accept this nomination," you say. "Instead, I throw me votes to me hearty d'Artagnan. He will make an honorable quartermaster."

You hear a few remarks in agreement, and a few confused cheers as you return to the crowd. D'Artagnan walks up to the crate and gives a short speech, mentioning his swordfighting abilities and experience as a sailor. The other nominees make similar speeches, but none garner as much support as d'Artagnan's.

D'Artagnan wins the vote and becomes the new quartermaster. The crew cheers, and several bottles of rum are brought out from the galley.

The next morning, you hear that Ron is being held in the brig. Apparently, the captain had received word that Ron killed Peavey, and Ron is being held for trial this afternoon. D'Artagnan meets with you in the dark corridors, and whispers, "I will make sure you are on the jury. You know how to vote if you want to keep your place on my ship." You stand in the corridor and watch the new quartermaster disappear around the corner.

Strength: 6
Intelligence: 5
Charisma: 7

Traits: Creative

Win by luck, lose by skill.

Mar 8 2013, 3:58 am Fire_Kame Post #229

wth is starcraft

I knew this was going to happen. Really how could you kill Peavey?

Mar 8 2013, 4:00 am Vrael Post #230

Ok guys, it's time to make a name for Red the Neckbeard. Carefully knick your arm with a sword, making sure not to cut anything important besides a little bit of skin, so that it bleeds.

Jump into the shark infested waters, and kill the first Great White that swims up smelling the blood with your bare hands.

We shall become Neckbeard the Red Shark Slayer, most fearsome pirate this side of the indies. After accomplishing this great feat, stare off into the great horizon and let loose a mighty "YARR!!!!"

None.

Mar 8 2013, 4:01 am Positively Post #231

gg. d'Artagnan is going to keep blackmailing Red to do things.

None.

Mar 8 2013, 4:59 am Wing Zero Post #232

Magic box god; Suck it Corbo

We're cool with D, remember? Tell D that you and Ron are buds and that you should try to find another scapegoat for the crime.

Mar 8 2013, 5:03 am Azrael Post #233

No, we're not doing that.

Go to the meeting and use your charisma to make sure Ron gets executed.

Mar 8 2013, 5:33 am jjf28 Post #234

Cartography Artisan

No, we must save Ron with charizma

TheNitesWhoSay - Clan Aura - github

Reached the top of StarCraft theory crafting 2:12 AM CST, August 2nd, 2014.

Mar 8 2013, 5:42 am Raitaki Post #235

SHOW UP AT THE TRIAL AND OFF WITH HIS HEAD

None.

Mar 8 2013, 2:02 pm lil-Inferno Post #236

Just here for the pie

Ron must be executed for his crimes against humanity.

Mar 8 2013, 2:26 pm Sacrieur Post #237

Still Napping

Make sure Ron dies.

None.

Mar 8 2013, 2:37 pm Fire_Kame Post #238

wth is starcraft

Oh Azrael, sweet, naive Azrael. Always so eager to shoot them up.

Don't you think someone will find it suspect - after we put in our ballot for D'artsy we start agreeing with everything he says? We're going to seriously ruin our street cred, and it'll make a later mutiny nearly impossible. We need to find out how the common pirate feels about D'artsy and Ron and act according to that. Either way I think we'll have to let Ron die, but we might be able to pull off "regretful" in the process.

Mar 8 2013, 2:52 pm Azrael Post #239

No, we're not doing that.

Don't be regretful at all. Be enthusiastic about it. We can't have the new ship's regime thinking we're softhearted.

Kill Ron because we're not a lawyer, but a pirate hotshot.

Mar 8 2013, 3:00 pm TiKels Post #240

Get Ron killed with all your charisma, and act really happy about it.

"If a topic that clearly interest noone needs to be closed to underline the "we don't want this here" message, is up to debate."

-NudeRaider

Options
Pages: < 1 « 10 11 12 13 1415 >
  Back to forum