Temple Siege G
Jun 26 2011, 3:22 am
By: IAGG
Pages: < 1 « 3 4 5 6 79 >

Aug 26 2011, 5:42 am NinjaOtis Post #81

Quote from DoLLeTheBeast
Quote from Sacrieur
Rating TS Heroes by Tiers

A trick from D&D, tiers fits certain classes into tiers to help gauge their power and put everything into perspective. And contrary to popular belief, the heroes are not balanced in the slightest. Just because a specific build can be countered or beaten by another does not make that build or hero balanced.

Tier 1: Tier 1 heroes are those who can perform well in almost all situations, and nearly invulnerable to all other builds. In addition, the various builds available to these heroes enable them a wide range of versatility and flexibility, and grants them an option in nearly every situation.

Mech

Tier 2: Tier 2 heroes can perform well in most situations with excellent versatility. They have powerful attacks and spells with only minor setbacks.

Archer

Tier 3: At tier 3, heroes can be useful in most situations. They have good versatility and can shine in a few areas. They can easily be beaten or out-shined by tier 1, however, and are vulnerable to number of strategies or attacks.

Special Ops
Volt
Warrior
Light Mage
Assassin
Mutant

Tier 4: Anything here is vulnerable to most attacks, and only shine in a very limited capacity. They may be able to contribute a thing or two to a team, but can have a lot of difficulty taking on tier 1 or 2 units.

Alchemist
Assault
Summoner
Dark Mage

Tier 5: These are one-trick ponies. Any other abilities they have are done better or more effectively by higher tiers. They are weak and can only perform one or two tasks well. This leaves them in a dreaded support capacity, unable to do much of anything on their own.

Medic
Magician

---
Mage needs a new l1. A permanent observer would be excellent.

1) Special Ops l2 is a permanent detector.
2) Mage is too vulnerable to too many types of things (fast units, cloaked units, large units).
3) Mage l1 is underpowered.
4) Mage l1 is less effective than Mutant l1.

In all above cases a permanent observer would fix the problem.
---

Mage l3, despite its uses, is more fitting of an illusionist's l1. Furthermore, summoner l1 is more powerful and far cheaper than Mage's l3. Putting this into the perspective of other l3s, it is far more than simply underpowered, it's actually at the bottom rung in terms of useful l3s in the entire game. He needs more spells that can combo better. His l2 is nice, but does not play the role of magician well. When one thinks of magician one thinks of dozens of magical tricks and abilities, some powerful, some flexible.

But imo, all heroes need to be reworked.

Horrible tier list, needs a rework.

Hero overview:

Assault: Awesome Hero. 2x Exp w/ splash, Good DPS, Good Armor, good health, counters spawn rushing and combos well with your spawn (web harass, disable their Spawn). Shutdowns Spec Ops, Mutant, Medic, Warrior, early game LM and controls summoner. Bomber is godly map control, he can take caps whenever he wants. Mech, Volt, Late game LM, and Hydra only counter him. Mech's L4 is owned by his L1, and if the Assault has had a good game 1v1 he can STILL win. Volt cannot kill him efficently, but bat should never be able to 1v1 him, and if volt is pumped enough Spawn rushing won't work. Late game LM can be spawn rushed. Archer just rolls him. Easily tier one by far, hard hero to play. Versatile in ANY lineup. Ok starting when capping, he can stall but really shines in capturing top.

Summoner: High Risk, High reward hero however he can effectively win games by himself. Tri-lane feed at night? Sim map at night. Yes please. Counters Mech, Volt, Medic, Archer, DM. Can't be spawn rushed if he has any team mates. Has a critical mass point where it will be impossible to kill him. His only true hard counter is Spec Ops. He is soft countered by DT, Bat, Mutant. (Get at me if you want to debate this.) Godly map control mid-game, can create assimilators. However he can be shutdown with proper map control. Great capper simply because he can stall forever.

Volt: Absolute monster. 3HP kit makes him near unkillable and his farm is through the roof. Has a transformation, godly combo, only really two hard counters. That being late game LM and Summoner. DM soft counters with ensnare. Counters Assault, Spec Ops, Warrior, Mutant, Early game LM. For all the noobs, cry: MECH DOES NOT COUNTER VOLT PERIOD. Good versus spawn, has a mana drain, huge survivalbility and one of the best temple siegers in the game. He also defends the temple so godly. The only crucial element missing is map control and early game. Capping abilities are supbar at start. Could be tier one but easily top of tier 2.

Warrior: Should be tier two, simply because he scales incredibly throughout the game. No farm mechanism however. He is also a hard counter to Mech, Mutant, Spec Ops, LM, and Archer. What keeps him from being god tier is his hard counters beat him bad DM, Assault, DT, Volt and endgame Summoner. However his auto-attack damage is through roof, you can never spawn rush him, and the longer the game goes on he gets harder and harder to kill. Also very good early game when capturing outposts. Very balanced hero.

Mutant: Get ready for the pubs to cry: Near garbage hero. Lets start with the good first, has one of the best utility spells in the game L1. Has a transformation which grants him survivalbility. Can't be spawn rushed. And is godlike endgame, and has huge farming mechanism if he gets the proper mana. The bad: He sucks in lane because hes melee and has Low hp and no survivalbility, almost anyone can harass him out of feeding. Shitty capper at start however, he can be a decent staller. Can't Assim. Only really gets going late mid-game when he can start lurker farming. L2 is dodged with a right click, L3 is easily avoidable and countered by armor. Has so many counters DM, Assault, Medic, Warrior, Volt. He counters Archer, DT to a degree, Spec Ops to a degree, LM. Really relies on the mistakes made by other players and his endgame to win. He is a pubstar hero for a reason, he becomes a monster if he gets any hero kills (Which anyone good should no be feeding)

Mech: Popular for a reason. 2HP-3HP kit makes him near unkillable by normal means. Good map control. Good DPS. Good Harass. Good range. Bike mode is beast. Can always perform well. Needs assims badly though and his starting game is pretty weak. Falls to being overwhelmed with spawns. Extremely versatile hero. Hard Counters Spec Ops, LM, Assault, DM. Countered by Warrior, Summoner, DT (<- One stun and mech dies and he has to get fairly close to kill him and no detection. Easily be top tier.

DM: Powerful hero. Absolutely destroys certain set-ups. Godlike capping abilities and stalling. Awesome map control, has a mana drain. Sucks vs spawns. She can farm decently with storms and leftover L4. Also a great hero to seige a temple with makes sitting at the temple useless. Great disable. Overall great hero. Counters: Archer, Spec Ops, Warrior, LM, Mutant. Soft counters volt with snare, otherwise shes owned by him. Hard Countered by: Assault, Medic, Summoner, Archers companions, and Mech.

DT: Another powerful hero, but has some faults. This is another guy who can destroy certain setups. Has a stun, a teleport, rapes spawns, godly base sieging ability. One shot's popular heroes (summoner). Daytime he can be useless and easily harassed. His trump card is he can literally solo your base by himself at around 10 ups. His hard counters shut him down pretty bad Spec Ops, Mutant, DM, Medic. He counters Archer, Warrior, LM, mech. Could be Tier 3 bottom Tier 2.

Medic: Low tier, especially since the crybabies demanded she be nerfed, but still a hero who can literally transform games into auto-wins. Power med can literally shut down specific heroes. Counters DT, Warrior, LM and to a certain extent DM. She messes up certain heroes like volt and warrior because they rely on combos to win. Rapes lane hard against certain heroes like spec ops, warrior, mutant, LM, Dt. She really shines on a team with good temple siegers as once she has free access to your base with 200mana and all spells its over. She is hard countered by Archer (L4 has delay so therefore it will go through disable, one shots her at like 10ups and companions), Assault (Bomber = gg), Summoner is explanitory.

LM: Varies, in a sense he could be contender for the worst hero but he has somethings going for him. He literally eats the other teams farm so somebody on the opposing team will be starved via spawn manipulation. However he is easily killable by other heroes and he slow. However, once he reachs critical mass he becomes a moving fortress. L1+L3 combo with proper ups pretty much death to anyone outside of Warrior. He will be able to demolish opposing outposts in seconds. Feeds like a monster. And hallucination has huge utility in assaulting capture points and bases. He has the potential for the heavist damage in the game but a team needs to be built around him. Letting him get into late game would be a huge mistake unless he is the last one left. If he has a team and is still left alive you will have a serious problem. He counters Summoner (He will never be able to kill your base and feeds heavily), Volt (L3+L1 = death), Assault, and in sense mech because outside of double L3 mech cannot kill him easily if he is propely farmed. Overall low tier but has great potential.

Thanks. I was getting pretty sad after reading these people's reasoning and almost wrote my own post.. LOL. :facepalm:

I joined a couple random games a couple weeks back, and afterwards I basically wanted to figuratively commit suicide, yea, that's how terrible tsers are today(maybe it's just because there isn't a pro scene anymore).

None.

Aug 26 2011, 10:06 am Jack Post #82

>be faceless void >mfw I have no face

Yeah I played a few games and totally dominated with what maxx calls my pubstar mutant build. Was sad really. Didn't even need to stun to kill with my l2.

And there was never a pro scene for ts. The best three teams have nothing on the actual dota lol and hona pro teams.

Red classic.

"In short, their absurdities are so extreme that it is painful even to quote them."

Aug 26 2011, 3:27 pm Sacrieur Post #83

Still Napping

Ever play SaiyaN's mutant? I really think you're underestimating this hero.

There's a small pro scene, sometimes we attempt to get the better players together in one game to end our boredom of playing with pubbies vs. a good team.

None.

Aug 26 2011, 10:57 pm Jack Post #84

Assault is probably the most imba OP hero in TS. And when it had nuke it was even more so.

I agree with dolle on some points becase regardless of his bm he's not a bad player.

And as vortex- said, stunned mutant is dead mutant, till late game.

What is saiyan's mutant build?

Red classic.

"In short, their absurdities are so extreme that it is painful even to quote them."

Aug 26 2011, 11:37 pm Sacrieur Post #85

Still Napping

SaiyaN's mutant isn't really a build, it's just how he uses it. He'll go l2 mutant and really knows how to get people that micro with it. I've played with him, he's all about controlling the terrain and pushing you where he wants you. It's very deadly.

I don't know where you get Assault to be OP. He is destroyed by so many things...

None.

Aug 26 2011, 11:50 pm Jack Post #86

If you could get a replay of saiyan and record it and throw it on youtube, I'll let you know if it's good play or not.

Maxx is the single best assault player I've played against; I daresay if you can track him down he'll have a replay of his assault. Even units which are supposed to be good against assault have trouble shutting him down and that splash feed is just so powerful. No one plays assault properly anymore though.

Red classic.

Aug 27 2011, 3:38 am IAGG Post #87

Quote from Jack
If you could get a replay of saiyan and record it and throw it on youtube, I'll let you know if it's good play or not.

Maxx is the single best assault player I've played against; I daresay if you can track him down he'll have a replay of his assault. Even units which are supposed to be good against assault have trouble shutting him down and that splash feed is just so powerful. No one plays assault properly anymore though.

Also Maxx hasnt played in a very very long time. there are a lot more ts players that have actually progressed playing instead of the very tiny crowd of good ts players back in the day.

None.

Aug 27 2011, 4:26 am Jack Post #88

Well, I played some TS today. I'm really rusty and still was #2 in exp behind summy, got a bunch of kills, and could have won the game easily if summy hadn't finished it for me. The other players were pretty average. Wally was rustier than me ;0 so yeah, on average players seem worse rather than better now.

Also alchemist is a pretty crappy hero.

Red classic.

Aug 27 2011, 5:43 pm Ice Baby Post #89

Im not a fan of alch either. Seems to be a powerhouse late game though especially if u have a medic yo keep l3ing u so u can l4 and get +70 minerals. Gets owbed by stuns hardcore though

None.

Aug 27 2011, 7:25 pm Sacrieur Post #90

Still Napping

Quote from Ice Baby
Im not a fan of alch either. Seems to be a powerhouse late game though especially if u have a medic yo keep l3ing u so u can l4 and get +70 minerals. Gets owbed by stuns hardcore though

You do know his l1 decreases stun duration right?

None.

Aug 27 2011, 8:00 pm IAGG Post #91

I also like how the l1 will replenish the sheilds of zealots and probe 100%. very nice very nice. Havnt looked at the trig but im assuming it will 100% shields of a pylon? or it may just be men.

None.

Aug 27 2011, 8:33 pm Jack Post #92

Quote from IAGG
I also like how the l1 will replenish the sheilds of zealots and probe 100%. very nice very nice. Havnt looked at the trig but im assuming it will 100% shields of a pylon? or it may just be men.
Weren't you the one who made the alchemist? D:

What are alchemist's spells? You should add them to the first post and clean it up a little. Also, check your emails (assuming it's your email address at the TS tournament site).

Also, I'm planning on doing some commentating on some temple siege replays and putting them on youtube. There's a bunch of modern replays on the tstournament site but if anyone has some really good replays from recent versions link me to them and I'll possibly commentate them.

Red classic.

Aug 27 2011, 8:41 pm Ice Baby Post #93

Cafg created the alchemist. Iamgodgift just fixed some of its glitches like the everlasting l4 and the team night vision that wouldnt let your teamates use some spells.

Also check with grandpa about the videos. Hes the one in charge of the tournaments i think and he has a lot of replays from the tourney on his site

If u do end up commentating for some. Post some links here cause im sure a lit of people would check them out. Myself included

None.

Aug 27 2011, 8:46 pm Jack Post #94

Ah, ok.

I know about the tournament replays ;0 but if you have more I'm interested.
And I'll definitely post any videos I make here, don't worry ;0

Red classic.

Aug 28 2011, 10:17 pm Jack Post #95

Latest version looks terrible. You shouldn't add badly thought out heroes all the time. Alchemist, general, and mist are all really badly thought out and not very good. They also seem to take ideas from hero sanctuary a lot. And no mac support seems really bad for just one minor spell. Magician's the only halfway decent new hero, and he has problems too. I'm fine with new heroes but these new heroes are just...not fun and not original and have bad synergy. Sorry but I'm going to boycott the G versions now until these terrible new heroes are fixe or removed.

Red classic.

Aug 29 2011, 2:37 am IAGG Post #96

Quote from Jack
Latest version looks terrible. You shouldn't add badly thought out heroes all the time. Alchemist, general, and mist are all really badly thought out and not very good. They also seem to take ideas from hero sanctuary a lot. And no mac support seems really bad for just one minor spell. Magician's the only halfway decent new hero, and he has problems too. I'm fine with new heroes but these new heroes are just...not fun and not original and have bad synergy. Sorry but I'm going to boycott the G versions now until these terrible new heroes are fixe or removed.

1. I didnt create alchemist, I only fixed it.

2. People tend to hate new units unless they are a powerhouse. I could care less to make "my new units" the best in the game so that everyone would want to play them. I wanted to create a unique unit to the game. Ive never played Hero sanc before as well so i cant comment on anything from it.

3. The no mac support is only due to detecting the units energy under 50. It has nothing to do with any of Mists spells. Its just a feature of Mist.

4. Mist is a support unit. If you actually understand how to use its advantages, it will have a large role to assist your teamates.

5. Whenever I have created a new unit (Magician and General) at first people didnt like them because they thought the units were too weak and didnt understand how to use them correctly. As time went on, people actually understood how to use them and nolonger thought they were bad units. Mist will fit in this category eventually as well. It has a very short delay between storms. You are able to constantly farm a lane and prevent the other team from farming that lane early game. If you stay on task with this, you will be able to cut the enemy exp early game dramatically. As for sims, since the unit doesnt have a direct attack, it will not have attack upgrades to spend $ on. Mist will be able to sim very early, and efficiently. For its L2, it is able to cloak cannons, bunkers, and sims which means unless the other team has some form of detection, This will make it very difficult for the enemy to break your base at night. This also means that Mist can sim the entire map at beginning of night and cloak the sims so that they will be able to farm the $$$ all night without worrying about them dying. The L3 will act like Dark Mages L3 when it comes to slowing down the enemy, But i wanted the ability to manually attack the infected enemy unit instead of having it like Dark Mage where u cant click the enemy. The L4 basically destroys units that are trying to cannon hug. This will force units to come away from their own defences so that your teamates can gang up on them easily without them being able to run anywhere for help.

6. It seems that you just dont like change and you only like original units. When people find errors with the map, they let me know and i fix them. Just try to learn how to play the new units correctly and you will most likely change your mind.

None.

Aug 29 2011, 3:36 am Jack Post #97

No, it's not the power of the new units I'm worried about, it's the bad design. They don't have good spell synergy, they don't have very good roles, general sounds extremely boring to play, and to have one part of one spell mean that all mac players can't play the map is unacceptable. I like changes, I just don't like bad changes.

In fact, here's a step by step rundown on why the new units are bad:

Mist.
Can double farm an entire lane from the very start of the game. Even light mage and firebat and archon can't do this.
Prevents mac players from playing.

>gains control of nearby cannons.
Uhh. How does this fit with a character being made of mist...
Even regardless of it not making sense, WHY? why give him TWO methods to farm spawn better than any other hero in the game? And if he can take control of neutral and enemy cannons then it's even worse.

L1 OK, hallus. Cool. But why the largely useless energy shield increase?

L2. Cloaks cannons and other buildings. K. I hope that isn't a permanent cloak. If it is it just makes mutant and spec ops that much more useful at night. Anyway, largely useless spell, although it makes a bit more sense than the l1.

L3. 30 seconds holy cow. Why so long? And oh yeah, dark mage already has a slow spell so you're unnecessarily duplicating a spell. And again how does this fit with the character being mist? A blinding spell would fit much better here.

L4. What is this I don't even. Doesn't make sense, doesn't synergize with other spells, is probably overpowered (cannons rip up spec ops and l3 mutant like you wouldn't believe).

Alchemist. Converts spawn to minerals. I'm not even going to say any more, whoever thought this up was not thinking straight. Sorry.

Magician.
L1. Useless. I mean, srsly?

L2. Ok.

L3. Can you say summoner with a big gun and better choice of units? Once you have max mana, this spell becomes your key to doing whatever you feel like. Grab 6 marines and 6 zlings, famr with lings and destroy bases with rines.

L4. If this just had stasis and recall I wouldn't mind, but 400+40 DAMAGE? SRSLY? and it cloaks at night too.

General.
It's a tank. Booooooringggggg

L1. Useless, as spec ops showed. Same thing is in hero sanctuary anyway. And repair is a poor substitute for having a medic on your team and being a biological unit.

L2. Ya, k. Those better be aimable.

L3. Ya, k.

L4. WAIT HAVENT WE ALREADY GOT TWO SPELLS LIKE THIS? srsly, l2,3,4 are all the same thing with different units. He's just a slow magedps inferior to mech, light mage, etc.

Red classic.

Aug 29 2011, 6:52 am Happy115 Post #98

Interesting... So when is G3c Coming out
Mist: Concerns with no offensive attacking
General: Concerns me at beginning (Good detection with turrets and anti air areas) (Good with sims and late game usually)
Magician: |1 going to rape me if placed wrong |4 I love surprise 1 or 2 hit kos with arb XD
Alchemist: I just dislike mineral chars in general I dislike how counter spell auto hits you no matter where you are...
Bandit: Thank god hes gone

I miss some of the Heroes from Temple Siege 1.5d (even if some were OP) But they to me had more temple siege like spells
BTW U could make a new hero with Lurker (Although might be hard to)
Anyways Good Luck with the Temple Siege Series and That RPG your starting to work on Gift :D

None.

Aug 29 2011, 7:00 am IAGG Post #99

Quote from Happy115
I miss some of the Heroes from Temple Siege 1.5d (even if some were OP) But they to me had more temple siege like spells
BTW U could make a new hero with Lurker (Although might be hard to)
Anyways Good Luck with the Temple Siege Series and That RPG your starting to work on Gift :D

I dont think ive ever played 1.5 before. You should host it for me sometime. And quite a few people suggested putting a lurker hero in.

Also thanks for all the glitch finding in all the versions of TS from the very beginning. Been my #1 go to person for glitch finding haha

None.

Aug 29 2011, 1:49 pm Jack Post #100

Alchemist is officially most overpowered hero. Just rush l2 and mana, then sit back and farm an entire spawn wave for minerals. Use em on attack, defence, sims, cannons, reavers, whatever you want. Believe it or not alchemist is a great summy counter because he can rush reavers fastest of any hero.

Also, I vote that the next tournament be hosted on iccup instead of battlenet because then we can uae lowlatency and antihack. Grandpa and a few others tried it out today and it certainly seems to have potential if everyone can follow simple instructions on getting started with iccup.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Aug 29 2011, 1:55 pm by Jack.

Red classic.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 3 4 5 6 79 >
  Back to forum