Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 Map Showcase > Topic: Temple Siege G
Temple Siege G
Jun 26 2011, 3:22 am
By: IAGG
Pages: < 1 « 5 6 7 8 9 >

Oct 8 2011, 3:49 am Slopy Post #121

And he "CAN" TELEPORT lings to him The scourge summons at the defiler, there for if he leaves it over himself lings will come to him

None.

Oct 8 2011, 3:51 am IAGG Post #122

I do like the idea of transporting all the zerglings CURRENTLY made to that scourge bomb. i would make it surround somewhat like light mages L3.

None.

Oct 8 2011, 3:53 am Positively Post #123

I just don't like the NAME.
DARK SUMMONING. LUL

None.

Oct 8 2011, 4:01 am Sacrieur Post #124

Still Napping

Still like my Abyssal Form idea. It'll require a rework of many spells though, since it would OP the Summoner compared to current spells.

None.

Oct 8 2011, 4:01 am Slopy Post #125

Basically it would give summy a skill based offencive spell.

None.

Oct 8 2011, 4:02 am IAGG Post #126

Explain More about the Abyssal Form Idea. What unit form would it take and what would it exactly do/ how long it would last?

None.

Oct 8 2011, 4:03 am Slopy Post #127

Also perhaps...

Chaotic summoning...

Summoners a chaos mutation that lasts X amount of time, and loses X amount of hp untill it dies?

None.

Oct 8 2011, 4:08 am MonkE Post #128

I think that to replace the summoners lvl 4 it switches it to the hero defiler, and when the location brings that unit, if there is a swarm, it finds enemy units in there ands spawns some unit around it, maybe even like the dm lvl 4, or perhaps just some infested terrans. Or you can even change the effect, of what happens at the swarm. ? I am not sure if this is possible, but it's a thought. Another is to kill all zerglings on the field, making them constantly spawn zerglings for (x) seconds, simmialr to zlings lvl 2. Obviously unless the summoner has alot of gas it will most likely result in a failure, or a kill. I just think the summoner should have one damage casting spell. Is there a way that the level 4 can 'Enchant' surrounding zlings ? With damage, life regen, defense, etc. I also think that another ghost should be used as a hero. If needed you can replace the marines level 3 for a projectile that lays out wraiths as it goes? Or another time of damaging unit.

None.

Oct 8 2011, 4:17 am Sacrieur Post #129

Still Napping

It's more or less an alternate battle form for summoner. Strong attack spells, but it would come at a price, of course. Possibly even HP drain.

None.

Oct 8 2011, 4:23 am IAGG Post #130

Quote from MonkE
I think that to replace the summoners lvl 4 it switches it to the hero defiler, and when the location brings that unit, if there is a swarm, it finds enemy units in there ands spawns some unit around it, maybe even like the dm lvl 4, or perhaps just some infested terrans. Or you can even change the effect, of what happens at the swarm. ? I am not sure if this is possible, but it's a thought. Another is to kill all zerglings on the field, making them constantly spawn zerglings for (x) seconds, simmialr to zlings lvl 2. Obviously unless the summoner has alot of gas it will most likely result in a failure, or a kill. I just think the summoner should have one damage casting spell. Is there a way that the level 4 can 'Enchant' surrounding zlings ? With damage, life regen, defense, etc. I also think that another ghost should be used as a hero. If needed you can replace the marines level 3 for a projectile that lays out wraiths as it goes? Or another time of damaging unit.

Well to change the defiler into a hero defiler, that wont work. The reason is, the other defiler is used to track all of the heros when spells are used (The ones that need to know where heros are). As for the Ghost idea, there is a ghost that i could use. I can change out IDT's "IamGodsGift's Banhammer" and use that as a hero. If I get to this step, it would be much further down the road.

None.

Oct 8 2011, 4:40 am MonkE Post #131

I like Sacieurs idea as well s(^_^)b

None.

Oct 8 2011, 9:03 am Jack Post #132

>be faceless void >mfw I have no face

Did that l3 dark swarm spawning infesteds idea ever come into play?

Red classic.

"In short, their absurdities are so extreme that it is painful even to quote them."

Oct 8 2011, 3:38 pm Ice Baby Post #133

Quote from Jack
Did that l3 dark swarm spawning infesteds idea ever come into play?

Ive never seen that. Would it be like, cast the swarm and then they appear under the swarm and the swarm is removed? Or would the swarn stay and the infested spawn like every 5 seconds under it?

None.

Oct 8 2011, 7:55 pm Jack Post #134

I think it would stay but only one powerful IT would appear underneath.

Red classic.

"In short, their absurdities are so extreme that it is painful even to quote them."

Oct 8 2011, 8:37 pm IAGG Post #135

Quote from Jack
I think it would stay but only one powerful IT would appear underneath.

I havn't seen that in any of the versions either. Sounds like it could be a cool feature. Would this be taking the place of a spell or would this just be a passive feature of summoner?

None.

Oct 8 2011, 8:47 pm Jack Post #136

You would cast your, say, l3, and then during the next 20 seconds cast dark swarm. The infested terran would have to be quite powerful.

Red classic.

Oct 9 2011, 10:25 am FlashBeer Post #137

It actually was a spell in TS1.6beta. I believe is was Summoner's L3. For a short while, you were given infinite DS casting energy, and every swarm turned into an IT.

None.

Oct 11 2011, 1:36 am Fashioned Post #138

I haven't played TS since before the addition of the new heroes, so keep this in mind before you read my comments.

Do not make spells overly complicated. The last version of TS I played was near perfect considering the capabilites of SC 1. Stay away making things overly complicated and numerous for the sake of making it ''interesting". This is why a map like Hero Sanctuary is actually a terrible competitive and balanced game, it takes away the niche of having simple is better. I'm not putting the map down, just explaining why the map could never lift off from casual gaming without making an argument out of it. Temple Siege to the "use heroes and spells with spawn" genre is like SC melee to RTS. It is balanced in a way that makes the game simple, but the actual strategy and skill ceiling of the game is still high.

It has a massive advantage over Dota and the spin off HoN because of one big reason. Those games are extremely rigid to the point that they try to make up for it by being "quantity over quality" to keep things fresh. The only thing this map is lacking is recognition and man power.

This is the best advice I can give right now to whoever is working on this map:

-port Phantom, forget all the new heroes and just port him. That hero was such a powerful and fitted concept to this map that it needed to be moved to the original versions. Don't make new heroes for the sake of new heroes that are only going to break the gameplay. This hero was always needed, especially to further balance the metagame (from the last versions I played).

-Summoner: Leave his ultralisks at L4, I don't even know why people are discussing his L4. Do not touch the ultralisks, the mana saving ideas for his L4 are NOT what he needs at all. The only thing that I have believe he needed was to change his L3 from Hp regen to "move all summons to his location". This is a massive utility spell for Summoner.

-This is the biggest one. Get TS onto SC2 now. Just port the last competitively stable version (pre-new heroes) and do it. No more excuses, just fix up the change from SC to SC2 (no more need for gateways for spells etc.) and just move it asap. The earlier the better. TS has had so much potential but the bad community has been holding it back. Just get the map out so people can actually play it. That's the first step.

None.

Oct 13 2011, 4:28 am IAGG Post #139

Alllllright. Sorry about such the delay for G3c everyone. I'm hoping you enjoy the changes mainly because so many people were asking for the option of all random as well as the option to bring back no vision during selecting your hero. I wasnt able to do too much public testing with this version so let me know if theres anything wrong with the changes and ill be sure to act fast on them. PEACE..

None.

Oct 22 2011, 4:40 pm ClansAreForGays Post #140

I now realize that hero veto'ing is a very good balance idea.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 5 6 7 8 9 >
  Back to forum