Staredit Network > Forums > Null > Topic: Sacrieur's Attempt to become Awesome
Sacrieur's Attempt to become Awesome
May 7 2011, 8:19 am
By: Sacrieur  

May 9 2011, 6:22 am Decency Post #21

Quote from Jack
Just remember that uf you stop exercising you'll go back to how you are now.

Maintaining definition is actually pretty easy as long as you don't gain weight. I haven't exercised seriously in like a year and I'm still pretty fit compared to most people.

None.

May 9 2011, 7:36 am Neki Post #22

Lol lots of muscle mass may be disgusting, but the effort required for most people to actually attain so much muscle mass that they're "too buff" is so high that most average people are not going to reach it, unless they roid themselves up. So don't ever be worried that you're over doing it, unless you have amazing genetics that lead to an amazing over-built body.

None.

May 9 2011, 7:53 am Sacrieur Post #23

Still Napping

Lol guys, I know about fitness and exercise. Don't really need help with what to do.

Misconception #1: You don't need to work out if you're sedentary.

Untrue. Physical fitness improves... Like everything. How well you feel, how well you can focus, how often you get sick, how long you will live, how mobile you are, and etc.

Misconception #2: Weights make you look like Ronnie Coleman.

No. Weights make you stronger. The only way to get that big is if you try to get that big. You have to eat a TON with a highly specific exercise to get that strong. For example, take Jim. He weighs around 175 lbs. and can deadlift 500 lbs. and bench 300 lbs. -- to what he considers an easy feat.

None.

May 9 2011, 8:02 am Neki Post #24

well it's just that every time someone brings up weightlifting, there's always that one guy who is like "ew, why would you want to look super ripped, so gross."

None.

May 9 2011, 3:18 pm Sacrieur Post #25

Still Napping

Quote from Neki
well it's just that every time someone brings up weightlifting, there's always that one guy who is like "ew, why would you want to look super ripped, so gross."

I blame society for this. Strong is good. Makes life so much better. Just look at Jack Lalanne. Lived to be in his 90s and more mobile than most teenagers his entire life.

None.

May 9 2011, 5:16 pm Echo Post #26

I suggest you go with the Rippetoe's 5x5 program if you want to be between strength gain and aesthetics.

After a while, you should move onto 5x3x1. I'm currently doing 5x3x1 and I'm loving the steady gains.

None.

May 9 2011, 5:37 pm Sacrieur Post #27

Still Napping

Quote from Echo
I suggest you go with the Rippetoe's 5x5 program if you want to be between strength gain and aesthetics.

After a while, you should move onto 5x3x1. I'm currently doing 5x3x1 and I'm loving the steady gains.

You do 5x3x1 with more % max right?

None.

May 9 2011, 6:20 pm Echo Post #28

Nope. It's a high intensity training with a % of your 1 rep max.

http://www.t-nation.com/free_online_article/sports_body_training_performance/how_to_build_pure_strength

The 1+ means you do reps until failure. Aim for at least 6~8.

None.

May 9 2011, 8:26 pm ubermctastic Post #29

Good for you man, just don't overdo it, and no steroids :lol:
I think it's good as long as you are doing it because you enjoy it and want to be healthy.
Also, make sure you get plenty of cardio workouts too. It is much more important.

None.

May 10 2011, 12:49 am Lanthanide Post #30

Quote from Sacrieur
Strong is good. Makes life so much better.
Depends if you want to spend huge amounts of time achieving this goal or not. Personally, I'd rather do other things.

None.

May 10 2011, 2:39 am Neki Post #31

Quote from Lanthanide
Quote from Sacrieur
Depends if you want to spend huge amounts of time achieving this goal or not. Personally, I'd rather do other things.
3 hours every week is all you really need. You're telling me that you can't afford 3 hours of your life to become a stronger and more fit person?

None.

May 10 2011, 2:43 am CecilSunkure Post #32

Quote from Lanthanide
Quote from Sacrieur
Well the time is also great for your overall health, it's not like the only gain from working out and getting in-shape is that you look better. You are less prone to injury, it's good for your mental health and focus, healthy for your heart. For all we know it probably helps prevent cancer as well.

None.

May 10 2011, 5:18 am O)FaRTy1billion[MM] Post #33

👻 👾 👽 💪

Quote from Neki
Quote from Lanthanide
Quote from Sacrieur
3 hours every week is all you really need. You're telling me that you can't afford 3 hours of your life to become a stronger and more fit person?
I can't for even 5 minutes without my mind screaming at me demanding that I do something to stimulate it. ;o For me, personally, the only time anything physically active ever has any appeal is when I'm so tired that everything appears slow, distant, and foggy... except that doesn't really work since I'm pretty much already asleep then.

TinyMap2 - Latest in map compression! ( 7/09/14 - New build! )
EUD Action Enabler - Lightweight EUD/EPD support! (ChaosLauncher/MPQDraft support!)
EUDDB - topic - Help out by adding your EUDs! Or Submit reference files in the References tab!
MapSketch - New image->map generator!
EUDTrig - topic - Quickly and easily convert offsets to EUDs! (extended players supported)
SC2 Map Texture Mask Importer/Exporter - Edit texture placement in an image editor!
\:farty\: This page has been viewed [img]http://farty1billion.dyndns.org/Clicky.php?img.gif[/img] times!

May 10 2011, 6:58 am Neki Post #34

Quote from O)FaRTy1billion[MM]
Quote from Neki
Quote from Lanthanide
Quote from Sacrieur
I can't for even 5 minutes without my mind screaming at me demanding that I do something to stimulate it. ;o For me, personally, the only time anything physically active ever has any appeal is when I'm so tired that everything appears slow, distant, and foggy... except that doesn't really work since I'm pretty much already asleep then.
That's more of a case of ADD rather than a lack of time though, which I can respect.

None.

May 11 2011, 12:27 pm rockz Post #35

ᴄʜᴇᴇsᴇ ɪᴛ!

I'm way too lazy and bored when I exercise to exercise regularly. About the only thing I don't mind doing is swimming, but that's a huge hassle to go do.

"Parliamentary inquiry, Mr. Chairman - do we have to call the Gentleman a gentleman if he's not one?"

Options
  Back to forum