Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 Mapping Tools > Topic: TinyMap2 Crashing
TinyMap2 Crashing
Apr 2 2011, 3:09 pm
By: PIESOFTHENORTH  

Apr 5 2011, 5:22 am O)FaRTy1billion[MM] Post #21

👻 👾 👽 💪

I could if I had any access anywhere to Windows 7. xD And access through someone else would be too annoying.

TinyMap2 - Latest in map compression! ( 7/09/14 - New build! )
EUD Action Enabler - Lightweight EUD/EPD support! (ChaosLauncher/MPQDraft support!)
EUDDB - topic - Help out by adding your EUDs! Or Submit reference files in the References tab!
MapSketch - New image->map generator!
EUDTrig - topic - Quickly and easily convert offsets to EUDs! (extended players supported)
SC2 Map Texture Mask Importer/Exporter - Edit texture placement in an image editor!
\:farty\: This page has been viewed [img]http://farty1billion.dyndns.org/Clicky.php?img.gif[/img] times!

Apr 5 2011, 4:23 pm NudeRaider Post #22

We can't explain the universe, just describe it; and we don't know whether our theories are true, we just know they're not wrong. >Harald Lesch

Quote from PIESOFTHENORTH
Anyway I tested the trigger on bnet, had one player leave, nobody got his units.

But apparently making ze trigger give to a specific player instead of Force 1 made it work.

So I did

Give all any unit owned by Neutral to Player 1
Give all any unit owned by Neutral to Player 2
Give all any unit owned by Neutral to Player 3
Give all any unit owned by Neutral to Player 4
Give all any unit owned by Neutral to Player 5

Will that cycle through all the players until it finds a player who is in the game and then give the neutral units to that player?
Well apparently you need to read the UMS MMA forum more often. Whenever the discussion about players + give emerges I'm preaching that people have to use Current Player. :P

In your case it gives all units of P12 to P1.
Then there's no P12 units left so the next 4 actions will be executed but there's nothing to do for them.
That means if you had P1 leave his units go to P12, the trigger fires and the P12 units go back to P1, who isn't in the game anymore. (provided the trigger is owned by a player who still is in the game. Absent players won't run triggers.)

Keep in mind that if you give units to a player who isn't there the units are still given! They are then belonging to a so called ghost player (still labelled P1) who is hostile to everyone, but runs no player ai, so the units act only according to their pre-programmed behavior similar to how units of an idle enemy player would act.

To fix this use Current Player. To use Current Player you'll have to have the trigger owned by the players who should receive the units. Like this:
Trigger
Players
  • Force 1
  • Conditions
    P12 brings at least 1 any unit to anywhere
    Actions
  • Give all any unit owned by Neutral to Current Player
  • Every player in Force 1 will have it's own copy of the trigger which will only be run when the player is in the game, so the first active player grabs all P12 units for himself. It's much shorter as well, as you can see.

If you need more information on this case please post in UMS MMA, since it's off-topic here.

Apr 6 2011, 2:42 am PIESOFTHENORTH Post #23

None.

Options
      Back to forum