Staredit Network > Forums > SC2 Custom Maps > Topic: Diablo - Mortal Shroud
Diablo - Mortal Shroud
Feb 10 2011, 1:00 am
By: Ahli
Pages: < 1 « 12 13 14 15 1654 >

May 23 2011, 7:27 pm Ahli Post #261

I do stuff and thingies... Try widening and reducing the number of small nooks and crannies to correct the problem.

Quote from Helral
you can still see the errors in the debug window (SC2Editor->File->Preferences->Test Document) even when you've disabled the error panel.
The trigger debugger makes my game unplayable due to lag and some events like UnitIsBeingAttacked will drain many/all FPS even on an empty map where 2 zerglings are poking each other.
I can't use the debugger anymore since 1.2 I think.

edit:
ok, I can't attach stuff with triggers.
So I need a solution to change attachments with data editor...

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on May 23 2011, 7:52 pm by Ahli.

May 23 2011, 7:48 pm NicholasBeige Post #262

The downside to triggering everything I suppose :(

Do you think you will work on another SC2 map after this one Ahli? Or just maintain this?

None.

May 23 2011, 7:51 pm Helral Post #263

Quote from Ahli
Quote from Helral
you can still see the errors in the debug window (SC2Editor->File->Preferences->Test Document) even when you've disabled the error panel.
The trigger debugger makes my game unplayable due to lag and some events like UnitIsBeingAttacked will drain many/all FPS even on an empty map where 2 zerglings are poking each other.
I can't use the debugger anymore since 1.2 I think.

rightclick in the bottom window of trigger debugger and uncheck that it monitors your triggers and stuff you don't want monitored.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on May 23 2011, 8:12 pm by Helral. Reason: fixed typo

None.

May 23 2011, 9:35 pm Ahli Post #264

I do stuff and thingies... Try widening and reducing the number of small nooks and crannies to correct the problem.

attachments to a hardpoint can be be resized even if I think that I didn't allow resizes. The resize was caused by an animation (-> shield becomes smaller during 1 stand animation). o0

May 24 2011, 11:42 pm Ahli Post #265

Some good news and some not so good news:
-Weapons and Shields will now be displayed onto the character's unit (there is only 1 model for each item type).
-Rogue and Warrior have a model now.
-I'm able to swap every texture now (even for custom models using the same texture filename)
-The Warrior's model has random misfunctions. So his chest is bouncing around, he grows a spear in his hand or his shoes like to expand behind him. Sometimes the model works fine. Very strange. WoWModelViewer isn't perfect... :(

edit:

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on May 24 2011, 11:47 pm by Ahli.

May 24 2011, 11:49 pm payne Post #266

:payne:

Shouldn't some of this text be recentered properly, vertically talking?

Also, what is that black box at the bottom right? The one like the little "Game Timer" box.
And have you changed the look of the Town Portals? 'Stair' model sucked hard. :/

None.

May 24 2011, 11:58 pm DevliN Post #267

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

That box is the "Social" frame that usually houses the button displaying how many Real ID friends are on.

\:devlin\: Currently Working On: \:devlin\:
My Overwatch addiction.

May 25 2011, 12:01 am Ahli Post #268

Quote from payne

Shouldn't some of this text be recentered properly, vertically talking?

Also, what is that black box at the bottom right? The one like the little "Game Timer" box.
And have you changed the look of the Town Portals? 'Stair' model sucked hard. :/
@recentering: Maybe.

@box
The box at the bottom right contains your battle.net friends button. if you play the map on battle.net. That's the default box you can see on SC2's Terran GUI, too.

@town portal
Not yet.

Quote from name:Cardinal
Do you think you will work on another SC2 map after this one Ahli? Or just maintain this?
I try to finish this map and this is good enough to keep being motivated. I only have to look at what I've already achieved and how much I've learned with this map during the last 8 months.
I've just learned how I can attach stuff on the fly and switch animations with behaviors only.

edit:

KNOWLEDGE UNLOCKED!
-You can rename dds files for imported model's tga textures. The editor will fail to display the image, but ingame they are working (for e.g. hair texture).
-You can resize textures. I've cut down a 500+kb tga file to a 2kb dds file with resizing and dds compression.

=> Only Models are the BIG things left. Textures can be tiny and can be swapped on the fly.

new pic after cutting the hero textures ;D

edit:
You can view texturenames and their path, if you open a m3-file with a text editor.
That results in textured walls:

:massimo:
I'm using 2kb dds textures everywhere now...

edit:
-Multiple monsters are wielding weapons now.

edit:
-migrated all UI changes to the official method (no more crashes I hope)
-sorcerer model added

Post has been edited 6 time(s), last time on May 27 2011, 1:20 am by Ahli.

May 27 2011, 3:23 am payne Post #269

Ahli sent me the latest version.
Hit me up if you wanna try. :D

None.

May 27 2011, 4:09 am Jack Post #270

>be faceless void >mfw I have no face

The tga renaming info was already in the wiki ;0

Red classic.

"In short, their absurdities are so extreme that it is painful even to quote them."

May 27 2011, 12:58 pm Ahli Post #271

Quote from Jack
I do not read wiki. I discover stuff myself. ;D

May 27 2011, 1:37 pm Excalibur Post #272

The sword and the faith

Quote from Ahli
Quote from Jack
I do not read wiki. I discover stuff myself. ;D
Ahli is a mapper's mapper. :P

SEN Global Moderator and Resident Zealot
-------------------------
The sword and the faith.

:ex:
Sector 12
My stream, live PC building and tech discussion.

May 27 2011, 3:33 pm Ahli Post #273

- Bigger rooms have now 50% chance to spawn pillars.

May 27 2011, 6:06 pm payne Post #274

Quote from Ahli
Nice. :)

- I think Magical Items (at least, gambled one) cost more to repair with the "Repair all" button than if you select it individually and press 'Repair'.
- Disable the "Ally under attack" alert.
- Make the Unit Minimap Point bigger to make it easier to spot allies on the minimap.

None.

May 27 2011, 8:37 pm Ahli Post #275

Quote from payne
Quote from Ahli
Nice. :)

- I think Magical Items (at least, gambled one) cost more to repair with the "Repair all" button than if you select it individually and press 'Repair'.
- Disable the "Ally under attack" alert.
- Make the Unit Minimap Point bigger to make it easier to spot allies on the minimap.
Didn't u play the version I've send u? I've had no "Ally under attack" alert anymore. :S
Anyway, I've modified now every value in these data objects. Hopefully that disables it.

And I've fixed the red blinking on minimap today. You should get no combat signals anymore.

"Repair all" repairs every equipped item. I've checked the triggers (displaying and the actual repairing) and it should work correctly.
Magic items are expensive to repair.

edit:
I've made the point bigger, too.

edit:
-added quest screen
-fixed a bug with using window hotkeys in main menu

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on May 28 2011, 3:41 pm by Ahli.

May 28 2011, 4:50 pm payne Post #276

Quote from Ahli
Didn't u play the version I've send u? I've had no "Ally under attack" alert anymore. :S
Anyway, I've modified now every value in these data objects. Hopefully that disables it.

And I've fixed the red blinking on minimap today. You should get no combat signals anymore.

"Repair all" repairs every equipped item. I've checked the triggers (displaying and the actual repairing) and it should work correctly.
Magic items are expensive to repair.
I had played the older version just before as well... I guess I just commented based on the older version.
Can't remember if the repair bug was in most recent or older version.

I had gambled for a Bow.
Got something pretty cool out of it.
When it was time to repair all my equipment, it'd say it'd cost me like "568 golds". I checked out what was costing that much, and clicked each part of my equipment individually to see how much they cost. Adding up the individual repair cost made me save about 200 golds. It was the bow that was bugging it.

None.

May 28 2011, 8:07 pm Ahli Post #277

I don't think that that can happen. Anyway I will keep an eye on that during my tests.

news:
-Added door model
-Added bookshelf
-Added book drops by shelf

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on May 29 2011, 1:11 am by Ahli.

May 29 2011, 10:18 pm TiKels Post #278

Where can I play this? Since payne is (will be) gone?

"If a topic that clearly interest noone needs to be closed to underline the "we don't want this here" message, is up to debate."

-NudeRaider

May 29 2011, 10:23 pm Ahli Post #279

My latest us version is from 2 days ago and you should ask Raitaki because he controls payne's account now and payne uploaded everything before.

news:
-Books raise the spell level by 1 or make the spell available for the player. But the magic requirements to read the book raise every level.
-Healing spell is now functional. Please not that a spell requires that you are not stunned and not busy with something else (like bow attack, other spell casting) to be cast. Only potions will heal always.

edit:
-Inferno spell added

Post has been edited 3 time(s), last time on May 31 2011, 9:24 pm by Ahli.

Jun 6 2011, 10:48 pm Ahli Post #280

News:
- Added a slow mana regeneration which is equal for every class atm. But it can't replace potions for the sorcerer.
- The sorcerer has now 1 spell to begin with. It's the charged bolt spell.
- fixed some bugs with critical/devastation text tag, immunity & resistance monster info
- Bookshelves can be found now. They will spawn 1 random book.
- Adria will sell 1 random book now.

Spells, their leveling, damage, chance to hit might be very unbalanced atm.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 12 13 14 15 1654 >
  Back to forum