Staredit Network > Forums > SC2 Custom Maps > Topic: Diablo - Mortal Shroud
Diablo - Mortal Shroud
Feb 10 2011, 1:00 am
By: Ahli
Pages: < 1 « 11 12 13 14 1554 >

May 11 2011, 2:09 pm Decency Post #241

Cave in Ironman in D1 was fucking amazing.

None.

May 11 2011, 4:02 pm Ahli Post #242

I do stuff and thingies... Try widening and reducing the number of small nooks and crannies to correct the problem.

news:
-I've added a door (omg giant white thingy again) and blood &corpses in the butcher's room.
-Doors are removed after usage atm. So you cant close doors to trap monsters.
-I also fixed a bug that prevented some monster types from doing damage at all.
-I've killed the butcher in singleplayer as a warrior. Other classes might have a hard time versus him.

edit:
newer news:
- wall grates are now functional (except that u can't teleport through them, yet [need to change collision & teleport detection mover with temporary unit and pray that this will work]). You can't run through grates, but you can shoot arrows and spells through it.
- added the static wall layout of leoric's lair

edit:
news:
-I've finished Leoric's Lair. It has a static part in 1 out of 4 directions and a random part around where you will spawn in. I guess I've spawned to many skeletons. Especially to many archers. :D

edit:

Party member screen + quest talk notification on npcs...

edit:

Post has been edited 4 time(s), last time on May 19 2011, 10:35 pm by Ahli.

May 20 2011, 1:02 pm Ahli Post #243

I do stuff and thingies... Try widening and reducing the number of small nooks and crannies to correct the problem.

news:
- added party display (still with color clash :S)
- minor bugfixes
- added death display to every player (PLAYERNAME has been slain by MONSTERNAME.)
- town portals now show owner's name

edit:
- added a third quest

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on May 20 2011, 3:51 pm by Ahli.

May 20 2011, 5:20 pm payne Post #244

:payne:

"1234/1234" please.
Once people get to very high amount of HP, the % could be misleading, no?

None.

May 20 2011, 5:26 pm NicholasBeige Post #245

Ahli - edit the 'Cardinal has left the game' text to:

'Cardinal has left the realm. Diablo's minions grow weaker.'

:D

None.

May 20 2011, 5:48 pm Ahli Post #246

Quote from name:Cardinal
Ahli - edit the 'Cardinal has left the game' text to:

'Cardinal has left the realm. Diablo's minions grow weaker.'

:D
But the minions aren't growing weaker. They will just stop respawning earlier atm. But I might raise the HP for each player. I've never tested with more than 1 other person :(.

Quote from payne
"1234/1234" please.
Once people get to very high amount of HP, the % could be misleading, no?
There is no benefit in knowing the exact HP right now. Only having the bars is enough atm.

edit:
-I've implemented tomes now. There will spawn 1 out of 3 tomes in the 4th dungeon level. In the end there will spawn 3 story telling tomes in the dungeon levels.
-The tome reading window has no buttons and can be canceled by left or right mouse clicks.
-I still need to pimp the window. Atm it's a super basic sc2 dialog.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on May 20 2011, 9:23 pm by Ahli.

May 21 2011, 7:36 am DevliN Post #247

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

If you do keep text on the health bars, leave it as a %. It's not like you benefit from knowing the exact HP of an ally.

\:devlin\: Currently Working On: \:devlin\:
My Overwatch addiction.

May 21 2011, 11:10 am Ahli Post #248

Quote from DevliN
If you do keep text on the health bars, leave it as a %. It's not like you benefit from knowing the exact HP of an ally.
I've left them blank and it's ok.
I've played 1 test game during sc2mapsters map night to test it.

They want me to make a thread over there and a video.

May 21 2011, 11:27 am NicholasBeige Post #249

Quote from Ahli
Quote from DevliN
I've left them blank and it's ok.
I've played 1 test game during sc2mapsters map night to test it.

They want me to make a thread over there and a video.

*watches as the SEN mob gathers with pitchforks and torches*

^_^

None.

May 21 2011, 6:21 pm Ahli Post #250

New font arrived...

May 21 2011, 6:53 pm NicholasBeige Post #251

Looks good man. Try steal some Diablo 1/2 button graphics to bring it to the next level ;). I think I remember correctly, but when you clicked a button in Diablo 2 it had an epic 'stone-grating-on-stone' sound as it pushed back.

Also, minor fix: "Chance for Devastation" or "Chance to Devastate" would be better English than "Chance to Devastation". :3

None.

May 22 2011, 12:30 am Ahli Post #252

I've made a completely overhaul of every text to display nearly everything with Diablo's font and alignments and fixed some bugs. :)
Only descriptive tooltips have the old appearance left.

edit:
I've started using the WoW model exporter. Let's see if I can get some less buggy monster animations. :)

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on May 22 2011, 4:35 pm by Ahli.

May 23 2011, 4:03 am Tempz Post #253

What are all those rings 0_o?

None.

May 23 2011, 5:43 am DevliN Post #254

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

Probably placeholder items to test the inventory system.

My Overwatch addiction.

May 23 2011, 9:59 am Ahli Post #255

Quote from Tempz
And to think blizzard north (company that made diablo 1) originally wanted to have it all in claymation and have it be turn based.

To me diablo 2 was a good game but it didn't live up becuase it diablo 1 was so much more dark.
I think they only started with that. Alpha screenshots already had the mouse UI & real time combat. But that is where D1's roots are: turn based combat. ^^

Quote from Tempz
That's my cheat character to run around without dieing and I had to gamble some more items with different stuff on it to test bigger numbers in the character screen. I had to raise the bar length because the text and the numbers were to close together with the new font and sizes.

Quote from DevliN
Probably placeholder items to test the inventory system.
No.

May 23 2011, 10:20 am DevliN Post #256

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

Quote from Ahli
Quote from Tempz
That's my cheat character to run around without dieing and I had to gamble some more items with different stuff on it to test bigger numbers in the character screen. I had to raise the bar length because the text and the numbers were to close together with the new font and sizes.
This is more or less what I meant. "Probably placeholder items for testing purposes" (sans "inventory system") is what I should have said. :)

Are you planning on using different images for the items, or would all rings look like that?

My Overwatch addiction.

May 23 2011, 10:22 am Ahli Post #257

Quote from DevliN
Quote from Ahli
Quote from Tempz
This is more or less what I meant. "Probably placeholder items for testing purposes" (sans "inventory system") is what I should have said. :)

Are you planning on using different images for the items, or would all rings look like that?
I've planned to implement that one day.

edit:
I will try to create a rogue out of wow stuff.
Maybe I will be able to create heroes similar to the diablo designs (4 sets of clothes + attached weapons + correct animations).

edit:
I can control animation groups with actor events and buffs that define with a validator which animation group will be called.
So it is easy to differ between 1-handed and 2-handed weapons.

Attaching stuff to the wow character model with triggers crashes sc2 (access violation) as long as the attachment point isn't origin.

But I've managed to attach an Axe.

So I need to find a way to control these attachements. If I can't control them, I need to make an actor for every combination and swap actors or something like that... :(

Post has been edited 2 time(s), last time on May 23 2011, 5:19 pm by Ahli.

May 23 2011, 6:16 pm Helral Post #258

you can always hide the error box so those messages don't get shown to people.
I do that in my map, because some of my triggers have multiple events or are manually run and have events.

btw how did you do those hp orbs. I'm planning something alike for my map, but I don't want to use triggers for them.

None.

May 23 2011, 6:38 pm Ahli Post #259

Quote from Helral
I do that in my map, because some of my triggers have multiple events or are manually run and have events.

btw how did you do those hp orbs. I'm planning something alike for my map, but I don't want to use triggers for them.
My UI is triggered.
I'm resizing the orb's dialog which results in a cut orb image. I do not need to redraw the whole UI then.
XPbar works the same way, but combined with dialog movement to keep the bar at one place.

The error box was useful in the past. Yes, I could disable it. But it didn't bother me because the errors only appear in editor testings and I won't do extra stuff for screenshots only.

May 23 2011, 7:22 pm Helral Post #260

Quote from Ahli
Quote from Helral

My UI is triggered.
I'm resizing the orb's dialog which results in a cut orb image. I do not need to redraw the whole UI then.
XPbar works the same way, but combined with dialog movement to keep the bar at one place.

The error box was useful in the past. Yes, I could disable it. But it didn't bother me because the errors only appear in editor testings and I won't do extra stuff for screenshots only.

you can still see the errors in the debug window (SC2Editor->File->Preferences->Test Document) even when you've disabled the error panel.

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 11 12 13 14 1554 >
  Back to forum