Staredit Network > Forums > SC2 Custom Maps > Topic: Diablo - Mortal Shroud
Diablo - Mortal Shroud
Feb 10 2011, 1:00 am
By: Ahli
Pages: < 1 « 14 15 16 17 1854 >

Aug 19 2011, 9:17 am Ahli Post #301

I do stuff and thingies... Try widening and reducing the number of small nooks and crannies to correct the problem.

Quote from Moogle
can we dupe items -_^ lol?

This map is looking good ahli keep up the hard work.
Of course not!
As seen it D1 mods it can be fixed, but Blizzard left D1 to die long time ago.

And thx :)

edit:
- added poisoned water supply quest (its special area looks different from all others)
- the random quest choosing is now in effect. So you won't play all quests anymore, only... some...

I still need to add personal rewards for each player for the quests...

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Aug 19 2011, 3:11 pm by Ahli.

Aug 19 2011, 3:52 pm NicholasBeige Post #302

Quote from Ahli
If you have suggestions regarding skills, that would be cool to know. I think you can understand my thoughts on skills now.
I have loads :)

Quote from Ahli
- If a Fallen dies, there is 50% chance that a nearby Fallen runs in fear for 1 to 5 game seconds instead of fighting (this is data only :D )
It should be all nearby Fallen have a % chance to run when anything dies. That's exactly how Diablo 2 handles it. Gratz on learning Data editor, you're nearly as pro as me now :P

Quote from Ahli
- added life and mana leech to bows
More OP for rogues I see. :P

Quote from Ahli
- raised gold drop amount in the first level by 50%.
This is good. Not sure I mentioned it before but the rate at which you die and need to repair equipment is far higher than the rate at which gold drops early on.

Quote from Ahli
- doubled hit recovery amount for monsters
- added hit recovery marker over the head of the units
Moar data stuff? go Ahli go!
When you say you've 'doubled hit recovery' for monsters? Do you mean they are stunned twice as long? Or recover twice as quickly?

None.

Aug 19 2011, 3:57 pm Raitaki Post #303

@Card: They recover twice as quickly :P

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Aug 19 2011, 4:36 pm by Raitaki.

None.

Aug 19 2011, 4:14 pm Ahli Post #304

I do stuff and thingies... Try widening and reducing the number of small nooks and crannies to correct the problem.

Quote from name:Cardinal
Quote from Ahli
If you have suggestions regarding skills, that would be cool to know. I think you can understand my thoughts on skills now.
I have loads :)
Give me ;D

Quote from Ahli
- If a Fallen dies, there is 50% chance that a nearby Fallen runs in fear for 1 to 5 game seconds instead of fighting (this is data only :D )
It should be all nearby Fallen have a % chance to run when anything dies. That's exactly how Diablo 2 handles it. Gratz on learning Data editor, you're nearly as pro as me now :P
I'm to lazy to add the behavior to every monster.

Quote from Ahli
- added life and mana leech to bows
More OP for rogues I see. :P
Of course.

Quote from Ahli
- raised gold drop amount in the first level by 50%.
This is good. Not sure I mentioned it before but the rate at which you die and need to repair equipment is far higher than the rate at which gold drops early on.
Yes, that was the case in multiplayer games because the gold from chests isn't shared. So the most income in multiplayer is caused by monsters. In singleplayer, you get monster loot + chest loot.

Quote from Ahli
- doubled hit recovery amount for monsters
- added hit recovery marker over the head of the units
Moar data stuff? go Ahli go!
When you say you've 'doubled hit recovery' for monsters? Do you mean they are stunned twice as long? Or recover twice as quickly?
Quote from Raitaki
@Card: They recover twice as quickly :P
They are stunned longer now. This will help Warriors to survive longer in crowded areas and improves axe play. I might change the needed damage to stun, if it is to easy to stunlock enemies.

edit:

^ Dark Passage and the hit recovery display above the unit.

edit:
- added rare items
- your orders will be executed immediatly after the stun time runs out (e.g. your bow will shoot faster with just holding the mouse button with the weapon speed suffix. before you had to constantly move the mouse to shoot faster).

Post has been edited 2 time(s), last time on Aug 22 2011, 5:31 pm by Ahli.

Aug 23 2011, 12:02 am Ahli Post #305

I've just made a scetch for champion monsters. :)
I've liked that Paths of Exile has Pre- and Suffixes for that purpose and I liked it because it is just like the general idea of the magic in Diablo.

Every champion has 1 or 2 modifiers. If they have 2, they also have more health, more xp and a higher level ( = higher item drop and stronger in battle) than the ones with only 1 mod.

The Prefixes will be defensive modifiers, suffixes will be offensive ones. Atm I have 8 Prefixes and 7 Suffixes.

The champions won't have mobs around them because it is already hard enough because they will be attracted like other units.

Also they won't be able to spawn in the first dungeon level.
I will also move the entrance stairs in rooms with only 1 "door" (no real door) to let the player spawn in a smaller monster crowd. Atm, if the stairs are in a big room in the middle of the map, many monsters will immediatly surround you.

Aug 23 2011, 12:53 am NicholasBeige Post #306

Trigger: Add Behaviour.

You can literally customise monsters with whatever behaviours you want when you spawn them. Noobie :P

None.

Aug 23 2011, 12:56 am NicholasBeige Post #307

You can literally customise monsters with whatever behaviours you want when you spawn them. Noobie :P

Also, you should hide the health bars. Since you have the health displayed in the UI. Set the default UI height to something ridiculous like 9001. Not sure if there are separate fields for Behaviour Timers and Health/Mana/Shields... It's Gameplay UI data object i think.

None.

Aug 23 2011, 1:10 am Ahli Post #308

Behaviors can't modify custom values by themselves...

Also, you should hide the health bars. Since you have the health displayed in the UI. Set the default UI height to something ridiculous like 9001. Not sure if there are separate fields for Behaviour Timers and Health/Mana/Shields... It's Gameplay UI data object i think.
I think I can hide everything seperately. But I don't need the progress bar.

edit:
- added champion monsters. There will spawn 1 atm on each default dungeon level except the first one. The second level can't spawn a champion with 2 mods (forced 1 mod). If the mod count isn't forced, the chance that the monster will gain 2 mods is 33%, else 1 mod.

Also, damned! Blizzard didn't even include a function to determine the length of a text. So, I might scale down every monster name with 2 mods, even if 2 mods could fit into it.

edit:
- raised movement speed of everything around 15%. I hope that the speed is still ok for the human UI lag due to battle.net.

edit:
- made entrances spawn in rooms with only 1 door
- added nova spell

It's a WoW model (lightning bolt).

- added rewards for each player in quests that included a single item reward by a surviving NPC. You even get the notice and your quest log shows that information as long as you didn't get your reward.
- added nova trap

edit:
- if you kill a monster after moving to another area, the players in the same area of the monster gain xp now. The killer gets xp regardless of his position.
- some spells are unblockable now (this is basically only interesting, if they get cast by other players or a rare monster has the ability to block attacks).
- multishot's arrows can hit 1 monster max now. I'm trying to add a system that scales the spread based on distance.

I'm currently using 50 custom values on combat units. :S

Also, is there a way to have behavior stack limits based on player? Atm it would be impossible to hit the same unit with nova by multiple players. I guess the stack count per caster won't work because my projectiles consist out of units that move around with periodic search effects, so the caster would be a "unit" and not a player, correct?

more news:
- multishot splits now depending on the distance from 90 to 10 degrees total. 10 degrees would be aiming a little bit above the experience bar at south and 90 degrees are short in front of the hero. So if you want close arrows, you always have to target far. Stretched out ones = close to you.
The total span is calculated as followed: 92 - (distance*1.3)^2 with max 90 and min (spellLevel * 2 + 8). Also changed damage because it isn't hitting multiple times.
- Overlords got a model now
- Skeleton Captains can now block attacks. Their chance to block is based on their type and the dungeon level they are in. (amount within currently playable area: min 11%, max 20%). They are stunned for 0.35 seconds while blocking.
- added golem spell. It moves around you. It follows you. It attacks monsters around you that you can see or stand directly next to it. If you are too far away, it will try to move to your position. If you are very far away, it teleports to your position. You can push it away, so it won't ever block you.

edit:
Here he is, the new little fellow.

^Golem fighting versus the Butcher. Outside the room there is a champion skeleton archer. He also likes to hug Fallen...

edit:
- min block chance is now 5%
- golem has a darker texture with more contrast now and tooltip shows the stats of the new golem (life, defense, toHit, damage)
- fixed a bug with stairs orientation in a dark passage
- improved look of the water with higher graphic settings
- added mana shield. If you have it, mana will be damaged instead of life. It also has a damage reduction of the used portion of mana. Basically 1 mana would eat 1.3 damage. In case that you are interested how my mana shield works, here is some pseudocode:
Code
Mana Shield damage reduction Definition:

reduction = getReduction();
if(reduction > 0){
    if(dmg > mana){
        dmg -= max(mana * (100+reduction)/100, mana+1);
        setMana(getMana()-Real(mana));
        if(dmg == 0){
            return;
        }else{
            disableManaShield();
        }
    }else{
        newDmg = max(dmg*100/(100+reduction), 1);
        setMana(getMana()-newDmg);
        return;
    }
}

Post has been edited 13 time(s), last time on Aug 28 2011, 11:24 pm by Ahli.

Aug 28 2011, 11:16 pm Fisty Post #309

What's the ETA on official release? To be honest I'm debating whether I want to play this or the original more atm.

None.

Aug 28 2011, 11:33 pm Lanthanide Post #310

I haven't really followed anything in this thread at all, but just saw the above stuff about Fallen.

Fallen in D1 actually have two interesting behaviours. Occasionally you'll see one of them wave their weapon in the air and make a cute noise. This is actually a warcry, and it will make all nearby Fallen continuously attack the player (no usual random delay between attacks) until the war cry ends, or their Flight behaviour is kicked off.

The Flight behaviour kicks off whenever any nearby monster is killed. All Fallen in the area will run away a certain number of tiles, or for a certain duration, before going back to attack the player. The higher level of Fallen have a much shorter retreat distance (Dark Ones retreat 2 tiles vs 5 for basic Fallen).

The 50% chance behaviour you have at the moment won't really give you a proper D1 feeling because in D1 all of the Fallen always run away, not just half of them.

None.

Aug 29 2011, 12:30 am Ahli Post #311

Quote from Fisty
What's the ETA on official release? To be honest I'm debating whether I want to play this or the original more atm.
I might release a demo version to public in october after a successful multiplayer test and after release of patch 1.4 because I guess it will screw some stuff. Atm I can't do multiplayer tests.
Also, I have a TODO list ^^ but it is shrinking on a daily basis.
But, I could just wait longer and release it with more playable content because basically all I might need to do then is adding skills (+designing them; balance stuff) and add dungeons levels + quests.

Also I might need to fiddle around with the spells to form 6 into lightning, 6 to fire and 6 to magic category.
Code
Spells already in the game:

NAME             CATEGORY
Fire Bolt             Fire
Fire Ball             Fire
Charged Bolt         Lightning
Lightning         Lightning
Fire Wall             Fire
Golem             Magic
Healing             Magic
Inferno             Fire
Mana Shield         Magic
Nova             Lightning
Town Portal         Magic
Teleport         Magic
Flame Wave         Fire
Holy Bolt         Magic

NOT YET INGAME, but planned:

Flash             Magic
Guardian         Fire
Chain Lightning         Lightning

That's 6 Fire, 4 Lightning, 6 Magic. So I might throw stuff from magic to Lightning like Mana Shield and add other spells like Bone Spirit or Arcaine Star as magic.

Quote from Lanthanide
I haven't really followed anything in this thread at all, but just saw the above stuff about Fallen.

Fallen in D1 actually have two interesting behaviours. Occasionally you'll see one of them wave their weapon in the air and make a cute noise. This is actually a warcry, and it will make all nearby Fallen continuously attack the player (no usual random delay between attacks) until the war cry ends, or their Flight behaviour is kicked off.

The Flight behaviour kicks off whenever any nearby monster is killed. All Fallen in the area will run away a certain number of tiles, or for a certain duration, before going back to attack the player. The higher level of Fallen have a much shorter retreat distance (Dark Ones retreat 2 tiles vs 5 for basic Fallen).

The 50% chance behaviour you have at the moment won't really give you a proper D1 feeling because in D1 all of the Fallen always run away, not just half of them.
I've implemented only their fear behavior, yet, and I changed the design to let them actually attack more atm. Due to all monsters run straight lines for attacking a ranged hero will just be invincible versus Fallen units because they have low hp, are slower than most other monsters. So they won't really have time to attack you
(approximate stats from original Diablo: best case: reatreat distance: 2 = 2+ seconds of no interaction due to running back and forth; worst case: retreat distance: 7 = 7+ seconds of no interaction due to running back and forth).
That's a lot if you keep in mind that they don't even hit with every strike.

Atm they will run randomly far (they might even run into other rooms), but not everyone runs, so they keep being a threat, if they are in larger groups which really only happens randomly or as a part of a quest. Also they only run, if a Fallen dies, but that's because I didn't add the behavior to every monster. I think that it's ok, that they might run in fear if one of their brothers dies.

Also I didn't add the corpse feasting of the scavengers because I don't have corpses.

The Winged Fiend type Blink will teleport around if set into hit recovery in a short distance. I just changed it while writing this because I realized that they were blinking around the attacker instead of around their own position. So that might be more useful for them now. Needs testing. ;D

The Winged Fiend type Gloom can actually charge. They will charge like a Zealot actually with the difference that they won't stop. So they are able to turn around because I don't think I can add the original charge without being terrible. So just can fly fast every few seconds.

The Winged Fiend type Familiar deals lightning damage, but they need a lighting animation spawning on attack, but they can't be accessed atm anyway.

I've added block chance to Skeleton Captains because they carry a shield. In the original they had no monster could block.

The Hidden are cloaked and uncloack if they are next to you. They just won't run away if you hit them once because that made it a super weak unit.

Goat men have no secondary attack that deals 0 damage. But maybe I will add an AoE attack around them with a few attacks. Also I need a model of a goatman. Maybe I can get one out of D3 beta.
Same for Overlords, they might get a second attack that does hurt more if they hit with it.

The monsters in the catacombs will add a new aspect of monsters because many of them have a distance attack and melee attacks. I will see how I will solve these.

Aug 29 2011, 2:42 pm Ahli Post #312

news:
- Added guardian spell (aka hydra in D2). A creature will unburrow from the ground and cast firebolts onto enemies around it. After its duration ended, it will burrow into the ground.

Aug 29 2011, 3:07 pm NicholasBeige Post #313

Repawted for double posting... :P looks good man. When will you have access to proper internets again?

None.

Aug 29 2011, 3:17 pm Ahli Post #314

Repawted for double posting... :P looks good man. When will you have access to proper internets again?
I got an e-mail today that I have to return earlier. It will be the 8th of September. But I might be there only for a few days.

Aug 29 2011, 3:18 pm NicholasBeige Post #315

Quote from Ahli
I got an e-mail today that I have to return earlier. It will be the 8th of September. But I might be there only for a few days.
Cool - well hit me up, I haven't tested this in like two months :teach:

None.

Aug 29 2011, 5:29 pm Ahli Post #316

news:
- fixed a bug that allowed you to use scrolls that you dropped before.
- fixed a bug that made bought scrolls have a skill level of 0.
- added a random seed display to debug terrain errors.
- fixed a bug that was able to screw ogden's sign quest necessity (hole in grates).
- added a model for grates.

I just noticed that there is a limit of the uncompressed galaxy file. DarkRevenant states here that it would be at 2mb of uncompressed file size. I'm currently at 1393kb, so I still have a little bit space left (about 68% used).
I hope that this limit will be raised some time, so that bigger projects will be able to be done someday.

edit:
I've imported some wow models for cathedral levels, I think I will add themes into rooms.
So I might need suggestions for what could you find in the cellar complex of a cathedral which was a monastery before.

- Library (chairs, tables, usable doodad: bookshelf)
- sleeping room (beds, chairs)
- meeting hall (tables, chairs, benches, carpets)
- work area (chairs, tables, grindstone, need to find more)
- praying area (multiple benches in rows, candles, usable doodad: shrine)
- cooking area (tables, ..., need to find more stuff)
- hallway (candles, carpets, statues [need to find some])
- storage room (big wine barrels)

Cathedral was where the humans were, so it should be organized except of random chests here and there.

I think I will place torture stuff in hell together with blood and bones.
Caves will have rocks and lava pools, if I can create some. I've already played a bit with terrain deformation, but it needs further improvements.
Catacombs will have... don't know... bones, rubble, sarcophagus. At least I already have a lot of candles for catacombs (dark, with skills and spider webs).

CATHEDRAL DUNGEON LEVELS:
SITUATION:
The dungeon will be generated as it works now, so every cathedral level has something like 30+ rooms. Every room has 4 edges only and is a rectangle.

ALGORITHM:
1. Analyze room stats (size, dimensions, door count, max usable tiles).
2. If I need rooms for quests, I pick them first (some quest rooms act as starter rooms).
3. The entrance will spawn in the smallest room with only 1 door. That room will be considered as a hallway then.
4. You will find like 3 libraries and 3 praying areas per level with usable doodads (bookshelf, shrine).
5. Smaller rooms with multiple doors will be considered a hallway.
6. The rest of the rooms will be considered as random functional rooms and filled with stuff then.

While filling the rooms I will have to make sure that there will be enough free space areas left.

This will be awesome I hope. ;D

edit:
Here is the stuff for cathedral that I already have except for 2 carpets.

edit:

^ made a library and you can see the golem retextured

edit:

Only 2 room types yet. I'm not sure how many I will add the next days. I think I've found a pattern that is ok with the count of the placed stuff.
Notice that I only place stuff on the walls or in edges of rooms. The middle can only be filled with random stuff that can spawn "everywhere" in the dungeon.

Anyway, I need to recolor the beds and tables because they are way to bright...

edit:
- recolored most doodad stuff that can spawn
- arrows now have lowered chance to hit based on travel time

Code
Calculation of the Final CtH:
- hero's property (stats screen) shows: CtH is 50 + DEX/2 + clvl items + ClassBonus. This is the CtHAttacker value for the Hero.

- ClassBonus: for Warrior: 20 for melee; 10 for other weapon types; for Rogue: 20 for bow).

The Final CtH value will be within bounds:
- for player [5,95]; for monster melee [15,95]: for monster arrow/spells [10;95]

If you hit, the final CtH has to be higher than a random value between 0 and 99 to hit the enemy.

CALCULATIONS:
MELEE:
-player vs monster
  CtHAttacker + clvlAttacker - ACtarget
-monster vs player
  30 + CtHAttacker + 2*(clvlAttacker - clvlTarget) - ACTarget
-monster vs monster
  CtHAttacker - ACTarget

ARROW:
-human arrow vs monster
  CtHAttacker + DexAttacker/2 - ACtarget - (distance*distance/2)
-monster arrow vs player
  30 + CtHAttacker + 2*(clvlAttacker - clvlTarget) - ACTarget - 2*distance
-monster arrow vs monster
  CtHAttacker - ACTarget - 2*distance

SPELL:
-player spell vs monster
  CtHAttacker - clvl*2
-monster spell vs player
  CtHAttacker - clvl*2
-monster spell vs monster
  CtHAttacker - clvl*2

DISTANCE:
Distance is raised by 7 per ingame second and starts with 0. Arrows currently exist for 4 seconds.

For example, we have a Rogue with 40 Dexterity.
-> CtHAttacker = 90
We fight with a bow, so we add: DexAttacker/2
-> 110

travel time 0: 110
travel time 0.5: 110 - 6 = 104
travel time 1: 110 - 24 = 86
travel time 1.5: 110 - 55 = 55
travel time 2: 110 - 98 = 12
travel time 2.5: 110 - 153 = -43
travel time 3: 110 - 220 = -110
travel time 3.5: 110 - 300 = -190

If the enemy is a plague eater which has 20 defense, the final cth would be:
distance | FCtH
2+............5

Note that I've raised the movement speed for everything ingame some time ago.

edit:
news:
- made monster archers not run blindly towards you anymore, if hit by spell/arrow. They run into a random direction instead to avoid getting hit more.
- fixed and improved the monster NPC talk. You can now hear what the monster is saying even if you came after the activation.
- Char screen will be above the trading window now after you raised some stats.
- You can't click through trade and gamble window anymore.
- you can't teleport/leap into doodads anymore
- added flash spell (casts an archon creation cloud around you for 1 second that tries to hit enemies 10 times with magic damage)

^ Flash spell

Post has been edited 14 time(s), last time on Sep 3 2011, 5:56 pm by Ahli.

Sep 4 2011, 5:24 pm Ahli Post #317

news:
- added the last spell on my current list: chain lightning

It's different from any other chain lightning in other games. Mostly the chain lightning is a beam that "instantly" travels between a few units and only damages the few selected ones or it was like in the original Diablo 1: it casted 1 lightning on each unit around the caster.

My chain lightning is a combination out of a lightning (which travels through enemies in a straight line and deals damage to every enemy around) and diablo 2's chain lightning which traveled like a lightning until the first enemy was hit, then it searched a few enemies around and dealt damage to them with beams that appeared one after another.

How does my chain lightning behave:
First it travels straight into the direction it was casted into. After finding an enemy, it turns to a random enemy within a radius around that unit and moves to the position of the new target. On its way it still damages all enemies that are traveled through. If it can't find more monsters around the position of the last monster, it will travel in a straight line still damaging everything it touches. The chain lightning has a turn amount that I can define. So it might start with 1 turn.

So it has the potential to deal a massive amount of hits.

edit:
Staves can have a suffix that grants a spell level (only if spell has been learned before) and gives Charges to cast that spell with your level of the spell (if already learned +1 to spell level), if equipped & requirements are met. So it grants you a stronger spell, if you already learned it and gives you free casts of that spell (if you want to use the charges).

news:
- charges on staves work now as described above
- Spells that use staff's charges instead of mana appear with a blueish background in the skill interface and are in the area where the scroll items appear. You can see your level and the bonus on the spell's tooltip.
- the repair costs don't consider the max charge count and the costs per charge. The selling and buying value however does. But having the spell suffix on the item raises the item's costs like other prefixes, too.
- spell charges (left / max) and scroll count are now displayed on the spell buttons
- Adria sells staves now
- staves can now have a suffix that adds a spell. 50% of the suffixs will be a spell suffix for normal magic items with a suffix. The chance is a little bit lower for rare items.

edit:
^ Spell charges, scroll amount, item tooltip

- Adria can now recharge items. The costs are based on the base item and the spell and the recharge amount atm.
- Added char speech in selection screen.
- Added "yeah/yes" sound after level up.
- Added some more details to Tristram.

I've played my map on highest settings on my desktop now and it's looking good except of some minor details. ;D

I guess I will host the map tomorrow evening on sc2mapster's EU map night. I hope that I've created and added new formulas for the spells then.

edit:
I'm currently doing researches what is causing the "after map crash" when you try to play another map after this one.
-imported models aren't creating the crash
-crash disappears after deleting the 2 mod file dependencies
-crash disappears after only deleting the second mod file...
-crash is appearing again, if I load the ogg and wav files from the 2nd mod file to the first mod and map file and only use 1 mod. I've no idea why it is crashing. Maybe 1.4 will fix the problem...

edit:
news:
-converted all "t" which look like "+" into "T". Text is easier to read now. Took me a few hours... I'm not sure if I saw all. :S
-cleaned up character screen texts
-fixed "male" instead of "mail" in some armor names
-fixed pepin's gossip talk sound file to be to short

edit:
I'm currently struggling how I would make a hotkey setting system. I think that I will use QWERT as spell hotkeys that selects the spell on a mouse button.

edit:
I will add a hotkey functionality like it is used to be defined after 1.4 because some new dialog item events register mouse hovering over a dialog item. So you move your mouse over a skill and press a key from QWERT and you save it there. It's especially cool because I could simply add more hotkeys, if nessecary...

edit:
patch 1.4 only screwed up the collision with dungeon doodads that I marked as projectiles to filter them out in my mouse interface. Units with the set flag "projectile" won't have collision checks unless you set the "always check for collision" flag.

edit:
It seems like they fixed my "after map crash" (loading another map after playing this map used to crash the game).

edit:
news:
- added cast animations
- added skill hotkeys QWERT. To set a hotkey, just hover your mouse over a skill button in the skillchose window and press a desired skill hotkey. I still need to add saving support, a hotkey display.
- skill hotkeys are drawn onto the skill buttons now:

- hotkeys are now saved. I fixed mouse button skill references, too, because they weren't always loaded properly.
- banks are now saved with sc2's signature.
- bank files have now an internal version. Now I could update items or just wipe everything you have whenever I want.
- If your bank file is corrupt (signature does not fit), everything will be deleted.

edit:
- added mana shield effect
- added saving every few seconds

edit:
- New multiplayer balance:
2 Players: 150% HP, 150% XP, 150% Gold drop, 150% item drop
3 Players: 200% HP, 200% XP, 200% Gold drop, 200% item drop
4 Players: 250% HP, 250% XP, 250% Gold drop, 250% item drop
- 50% of the gold drops from containers like chests or dead bodies are shared now
- monster hp changed to 80% of their original multiplayer hp. So new hp equals 80% of the hp before.

edit:
- raised the item drop chance as seen above
- Made the character window's button more responsive. It uses 2 dialogs now: one for the background and buttons and 1 for the variable entries. I hope that you can't get another window between these 2 with the battle.net lag. So this needs some testing. But you won't move, if you rapidly click stat-raising buttons.
- removed Vitality limit for every class. Maybe I will remove or raise other limits in future, too, because you might hit some limits early.

Also, if you have a great idea how to teach new players the basics, it would be great to hear.
So basics would include using the mouse, changing mouse button skills, using hotkeys, using ALT to show item names, using SHIFT to force attack.

Post has been edited 29 time(s), last time on Oct 3 2011, 8:03 pm by Ahli.

Oct 3 2011, 10:55 pm Ahli Post #318

OK, it's time to name my map. Here some of my ideas...
name ideas:
Diablo - ...

The Sin War
The Great Escape
The Black King
Lord of Terror
Tristram Terror
The missing Child
Scourge of War
Prime Evil
Mortal Realm
Scourge of Tristram
Holy Abomination
The lost Prince
Shroud of Darkness
Mortal Shroud
Hellspawn
Dark Exile
Rebirth
Reborn
Corpus Delicti
I personally like "Great Escape", "Mortal Shroud" and "Corpus Delicti". But maybe you can change my mind or even suggest me a name that I like more...

edit:
Map is ready for pre DEMO tests since I added pretty much everything I wanted to have for a demo...

edit:
I've recorded a bit. It's quality is sh*t. I think I must have recorded the video with another resolution. What do I need for 720P or a 480P that doesn't look terrible? I can use 1280x1024 as my max resolution, so that limits me.

Post has been edited 2 time(s), last time on Oct 5 2011, 11:13 am by Ahli.

Oct 5 2011, 1:06 pm MadZombie Post #319

I'm impressed. You make me want to buy SC2.

None.

Oct 5 2011, 2:17 pm Ahli Post #320

Quote from MadZombie
I'm impressed. You make me want to buy SC2.
:)

- fixed a problem with the new char screen behavior and trade window, if you opened the char window after the trade window and raised your stats (trade window was between those, now it stays below because I'm only destroying its dialog items instead of the whole dialog on update)
- fixed a problem with spamming the quest screen button creating permanent dialogs
- added some cool buttons

I still have a small problem with the left and right side of the middle of the button and somehow the pressed & the unpressed version looks different .

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Oct 5 2011, 6:57 pm by Ahli.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 14 15 16 17 1854 >
  Back to forum