D I A B L O - Mortal Shroud
Thank goodness you've returned!
Much has changed since you lived here, my friend. All was peaceful until the dark riders came
and destroyed our village. Many were cut down where they stood, and those who took up arms were
slain or dragged away to become slaves - or worse. The church at the edge of town has been
desecrated and is being used for dark rituals. The screams that echo in the night are inhuman,
but some of our townsfolk may yet survive. Follow the path that lies between my tavern and the
blacksmith shop to find the church and save who you can.
Perhaps I can tell you more if we speak again. Good luck.
this guy needs more credit, I love this! keep it up! diablo 1 was so good for its time, then only a few years later d2 came out with even more to offer. I love the hybrid you have made here. it's looking more and more complete
- Slay the evil lurking below the church.
- Buy, sell, repair and recharge Items in the Village called Tristram.
- Find awesome Items and gain Experience.
- Increase your Strength, Dexterity, Magic and Vitality.
- Play alone or together with up to 3 friends.
- Read books to learn new spells and improve already learned ones.
- Enjoy the quests, music and story from Blizzard's Diablo 1.
- Use QWERT as mouse button spell switching hotkeys.
- Hold shift to force bow shots, spell casts or scanning for an enemy in mouse pointer direction in front of you to swing your melee weapon into.
- Every game is different due to a randomly generated dungeon and a random selection of quests.
- Improve your gear with Crafting items like magic stones and oils.
- Try to gamble better gear at Wirt for two or three handfuls of gold pieces.
- Find books of magic to learn some arcane spells. Can you learn all 17 spells?
- Use gems to improve socketed items. Griswold will be able to safely unsocket the gems for a few coins. He can also combine gems of the same type.
- Bash your friends in Farnham's Cellar. Talk to him to enter.
- 69 Base Items
- 86 Prefixes (max. 1 per Base Item)
- 93 Suffixes (max. 1 per Base Item)
- rare items with 3 or 4 modifiers (Prefix, Suffix)
- unique items (they are not really unique, in theory they can spawn multiple times a game, but they are usually strong and rare)
- 35 gems for the sockets on your items
- prefixes and suffixes are slightly more free than in the original Diablo titles. For example, helmets can provide you with life steal.
- 6 Potion types to ensure your survival and your mana requirements.
- Wear a Helmet, an Armor, 2 Rings, 1 Amulet and a Weapon with or without a Shield
- Repair your Items before they break. Every Item has its own Durability which can be decreased during a fight. Items that are require a repair are displayed on the screen.
- Stash your items at Gillian, if you want to keep items that you don't carry at your body.
- The Scroll of Town portal creates you and your friends a fast and safe travel back to Tristram to sell, heal and repair. After that you can directly jump back into action.
- More than 88 monsters are awaiting mortal flesh...
- Some monsters will be champions with more health and some other specialties
- 16 main Dungeons filled with different Enemies. Every "New Game" will create 4 different random Enemies in each Dungeon Level. [Currently only 12 are inside the game.]
- Other Heroes if they join Farnham's Cellar.
Changes from the original Diablo/Hellfire:
- item details, prices, quality levels may have been changed
- armor penetration works differently
- many formulas are different now
- items loose their max Durability before destruction
- rare items
- random champion monsters
- more crafting
- PvP area
Currently working on:
- hell dungeon, quests
- fixing bugs and improving existing systems
- more unique items
some videos about the map from newest to older:
- The models aren't final. I'm always using the best I've got.
If you find a bug:
If you find a bug, make a SCREENSHOT and try to write down some info about what happened and what could have caused that in your opinion and everything that might be important or related to that bug, please, and let me know about that bug.
I enabled replays now, so providing me with the replay will help me greatly, too.
Bugs, I need more info about:
- just give me bugs with as much details as you can to help me understand the source of the problem... replay/screenshots are super helpful for that.
Concept of my mouse UI in sc2.
A few words about my randomized dungeons.
Use notepad to view the files properly:
List of Prefixes
List of Suffixes
List of Items
List of Shrines
Use notepad++ to view the files properly:
Formulas Old, D2 and current
Use an office program like LibreOffice to vie the files properly:
Formulas and Tables
Unique Item Details
On the NA Server: version from 10.07.2014 [version 1.1] (online: name: "Dia blo - Mortal Shroud (AM)") Americas
On the EU Server: version from 10.07.2014 [version 1.1]. (online: name: "Dia blo - Mortal Shroud") Europe
On the SEA Server: version from 10.07.2014 [version 1.1]. (online: name: "Dia blo - Mortal Shroud") South East Asia
On the KR Server: version from 10.07.2014 [version 1.1]. (online: name: "Dia blo - Mortal Shroud") Korea & Taiwan
I am Ahli.634 on Americas and Europe (mostly Americas).
Follow me on twitter.
Post has been edited 127 time(s), last time on Jul 10 2014, 4:08 pm by Ahli.