This topic is locked. You can no longer write replies here.
Nov 25 2007, 11:51 am
By: Viii_iiiV
Pages: < 1 « 2 3 4 5 67 >

Nov 26 2007, 4:20 pm Viii_iiiV Post #61

“Worker Protection”
Abolish Minimum Wage. If people are only worth 15p an hour to a company, they get paid 15p an hour.
Make going on strike illegal. If someone doesn’t like their job, they can quit.
So basically they are saying YOU either have to go to work or quit, you're not giving the employer the option of allowing them to go on strike.

Fascism is more hated by the American people than anything else. Fascism = Nazi to our minds. Nazis are bad. Very bad. If there was a fascist country in the world that opposed us. The USA would have to "liberate" the people.
For a start, that's very discriminative against the American nationality. You are actually attempting to speak for your government to threaten me - You are essentially saying: If you do this I'll tell my mate Bush to nuke you!
One thing you say really ticks me off. You say we should rate people. It might sound nice and good on paper. But you can't classify people by one thing, two, three, or any other number short of infinity.
It is just downright wrong to say, "Since this person scored a higher test score on their test, they are smarter, and thus have a higher priority." When in essence the person that scored lower had a much higher intelligence. Standardized tests is a bad idea. Just because someone knows how to memorize facts does not mean they can apply them. The person who can't memorize as well but can apply them is the one who deserves more priority.

So basically, you think that the whole idea of testing is bad. I guess you're entitled to your opinion, but if testing is bad then the whole qualification system needs redoing, the whole theory of schooling needs rethinking, and the whole of society is screwed over. Good luck with that.

And you're saying people are equal. That's Communist. That's evil. Please leap off the nearest cliff.

But you can't classify people by one thing, two, three, or any other number short of infinity.
Watch me.

Anyone else going to criticize me?

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Nov 26 2007, 4:29 pm by Viii_iiiV.

None.

Nov 26 2007, 5:08 pm Akar Post #62

So basically, you think that the whole idea of testing is bad. I guess you're entitled to your opinion, but if testing is bad then the whole qualification system needs redoing, the whole theory of schooling needs rethinking, and the whole of society is screwed over. Good luck with that.

And you're saying people are equal. That's Communist. That's evil. Please leap off the nearest cliff.

I'm saying people AREN'T equal, but you can't find out who is better than who with a simple test. And the whole school system is screwed up though.

None.

Nov 26 2007, 5:57 pm Viii_iiiV Post #63

Quote from Akar

I'm saying people AREN'T equal, but you can't find out who is better than who with a simple test. And the whole school system is screwed up though.

You were saying that you can only determine value through infinity - so that means each human is worth infinity, which means everyone is equal. So no you're not, liar.
Anyways, go do the cliff thing.

Akar, you have consistently made unintelligent posts, proven to us you did not know what "Communism" meant before it was explained to you, and have attempted to threaten me on behalf of your government. I will not reply to any more posts made by you.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Nov 26 2007, 6:11 pm by Viii_iiiV.

None.

Nov 26 2007, 6:09 pm Viii_iiiV Post #64

Quote from Dapperdan
And what if their inheritance can't pay the tax - you're either suggesting the rich pay more than the poor

There's nothing wrong with that.
So you think the rich should pay for the poor to be happier? Moron.

Why not?
If someone outside the country with a great degree, who has spend a third of their life studying for it, why shouldn't they replace a moron who dropped out of school at 16, and makes his living bagging groceries?

It makes them different, it does not make one inherently better than the other. Judging others and taking away their chooses in life is immoral.
So you think the rich aren't better than the poor? You're a maniac - MONEY>EVERYTHING. You think that someone who is stupid and useless has more of a right to stay than someone who isn't?

Also, you still haven't responded to the rest of my points.

Nope, can't find any points with your name next to them

Quote from FatalException
Obviously, SeN doesn't appreciate facists. With these laws, Britain would be one hellishly empty country.

Read my explanations.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Nov 26 2007, 6:23 pm by Viii_iiiV.

None.

Nov 26 2007, 7:47 pm Dapperdan Post #65

Quote from Akar
One thing you say really ticks me off. You say we should rate people. It might sound nice and good on paper. But you can't classify people by one thing, two, three, or any other number short of infinity.
It is just downright wrong to say, "Since this person scored a higher test score on their test, they are smarter, and thus have a higher priority."
When in essence the person that scored lower had a much higher intelligence. Standardized tests is a bad idea. Just because someone knows how to memorize facts does not mean they can apply them. The person who can't memorize as well but can apply them is the one who deserves more priority.

Is it just me, or are you contradicting yourself? You made a giant arguement about how people shouldn't be prioritized. Then you said that people that can apply themselves better deserve more priority.

Quote from Sie
No one really cares what the Americans think, most of them are idiots.

As a of s t pointed out, this just makes you look like an ignoramus.

Quote from Vii_iiiV
It's the polices job to find criminals, not to find innocent people. It's kinda hard to change that - they tried about twenty years ago and it failed. Miserably.

His point was that your system is unjust. There is no one trying to prove the person innocent, the sole goal seems to be to find as many people guilty as possible, and collect more of the people's money.

Quote from Viii_iiiV
For a start, that's very discriminative against the American nationality. You are actually attempting to speak for your government to threaten me - You are essentially saying: If you do this I'll tell my mate Bush to nuke you!

Yes, he was trying to generalize the opinions of everyone in America again, very poorly at that. Otherwise, that is not at all what he said.

Quote from Viii_iiiV

First, no, that's not what he said. Second, that's not what it is. Third, don't flame.

Quote from Viii_iiiV
You were saying that you can only determine value through infinity - so that means each human is worth infinity, which means everyone is equal. So no you're not, liar.

First, that's not what he said. Second, cite First. Third, he knows what he means, he said it. You're just changing the meaning of what he said so you can call him a liar. Fourth, don't flame.

Quote from Viii_iiiV

I think it isn't inherently bad. Calling people morons because they have a different view than you (right or wrong) doesn't help to prove your arguement. It makes you look foolish. Stop flaming.

So you think the rich aren't better than the poor? You're a maniac - MONEY>EVERYTHING. You think that someone who is stupid and useless has more of a right to stay than someone who isn't?

The rich are not inherently better than the poor. Your view on money is entirely your own view. It is not fact. And no, I don't think someone who is stupid and useless has more of a right to stay. I think you have no right to deport them. There's no reason you can't allow in someone more intellectual, and keep the one you classify as "more stupid and uselss", regardless. And, stop flaming.

Quote from Viii_iiiV
Nope, can't find any points with your name next to them

I said that ages ago. You haven't responded to everything I said under "Law" in the very first post I made in this topic. It's at the bottom of page one.

@Viii_iiiV: If you didn't commit such a long list of logical fallacies when you argued it would help you present your points much better.

None.

Nov 26 2007, 9:14 pm AntiSleep Post #66

Quote from Akar
But you can't classify people by one thing, two, three, or any other number short of infinity.
Quote from Viii_iiiV
that means each human is worth infinity, which means everyone is equal. So no you're not, liar.
Both of you need to stop using bullshit bastardizations of math and science to make your points. If that is too difficult, you probably should leave.

None.

Nov 26 2007, 10:31 pm Sie_Sayoka Post #67

Quote from A_of-s_t
By stating someone else's ignorance, you've just shown your own ignorance.
Quote from Dapperdan

Is America not one of the least educated of the first world countries? I did not say all Americans are idiots, of course someone has to value all opinions whether it be a smart or stupid one.

Anyway~ on a related note, since democracy, and by extension republics rely on the general populous if the people are ignorant it greatly impacts the country. America, it seems has made no effort to keep pace with the rapidly growing expanse of the human knowledge. In fact they seem to be going backwards, with the no child left behind act which bases everything solely on test scores. Which, turns out is exactly what viiiiiiiiii_iiiiiiiiiiiiiv wants to do.

Children's Ratings
As children are bound to their parents, and their parents own the money, children need a way of being rated. So, children are rated on their school grades (a test is taken at the end of every year). This means that families put pressure on their Children as if they do too badly the whole family (who are most probably bound together) have a higher chance of deportation. University students get rated in the same way.

First of all if it is something as threatening as deportation the teachers will only be teaching towards the test, not towards learning and education itself. This is already happening in America. It will end up making the population stupider and suppress important skills such as critical thinking.

None.

Nov 27 2007, 5:39 pm Viii_iiiV Post #68

Quote from AntiSleep
Quote from Akar
Quote from Viii_iiiV
that means each human is worth infinity, which means everyone is equal. So no you're not, liar.
Both of you need to stop using bullshit bastardizations of math and science to make your points. If that is too difficult, you probably should leave.
But I like showing him his precious math is wrong.

========================================

Children's Ratings
As children are bound to their parents, and their parents own the money, children need a way of being rated. So, children are rated on their school grades (a test is taken at the end of every year). This means that families put pressure on their Children as if they do too badly the whole family (who are most probably bound together) have a higher chance of deportation. University students get rated in the same way.

First of all if it is something as threatening as deportation the teachers will only be teaching towards the test, not towards learning and education itself. This is already happening in America. It will end up making the population stupider and suppress important skills such as critical thinking.

Suggest a better way. Are you saying that someone should be able to say "Well, maybe he did badly in the test, but I'll let him stay because he pays attention in class...". Seriously, corruption?

==========================================

Quote from Sie_Sayoka
Quote from A_of-s_t
By stating someone else's ignorance, you've just shown your own ignorance.
Quote from Dapperdan

Is America not one of the least educated of the first world countries[? I did not say all Americans are idiots, of course someone has to value all opinions whether it be a smart or stupid one.

Anyway~ on a related note, since democracy, and by extension republics rely on the general populous if the people are ignorant it greatly impacts the country. America, it seems has made no effort to keep pace with the rapidly growing expanse of the human knowledge. In fact they seem to be going backwards, with the no child left behind act which bases everything solely on test scores. Which, turns out is exactly what viiiiiiiiii_iiiiiiiiiiiiiv wants to do.

Hey! Its Viii_iiiV. Even if you can't count the i's, at least do the capital V's.

http://powerlineblog.com/archives/oecd.gif
Wrong.

Post has been edited 5 time(s), last time on Nov 27 2007, 5:54 pm by Viii_iiiV.

None.

Nov 27 2007, 6:02 pm Viii_iiiV Post #69

Quote from DapperDan
Quote from Viii_iiiV

I think it isn't inherently bad. Calling people morons because they have a different view than you (right or wrong) doesn't help to prove your arguement. It makes you look foolish. Stop flaming.

So you believe that it is not bad that the Rich suffer so the poor can be happier.
I think I'm obliged to call you a Moron for thinking that one party of people should have money stolen off them to pay for another groups happiness.
And third, does anyone here notice how he has criticized/flamed (depending on how offended you are) very nearly every major poster on this? (everyone except AntiSleep)

Quote from DapperDan
There is no one trying to prove the person innocent

His Lawyer is. And if he can't pay for a Lawyer, then how is that the taxpayers problem?

None.

Nov 27 2007, 6:59 pm Sie_Sayoka Post #70

Quote from viiiiiiiiiiii_iiiiiiiiiiiiiv
Hey! Its Viii_iiiV. Even if you can't count the i's, at least do the capital V's.

http://powerlineblog.com/archives/oecd.gif
Wrong.
The national results in international comparisons have often been below the average of developed countries. In OECD's Programme for International Student Assessment 2003, 15 year olds ranked 24th of 38 in mathematics, 19th of 38 in science, 12th of 38 in reading, and 26th of 38 in problem solving. In addition, many business leaders have expressed concerns that the quality of education given in the US system is generally below acceptable standards, and should be adapted in order to conform to the needs of an evolving world. Bill Gates has famously stated that the American high school is "obsolete".

It only proves that the US is spending its money inefficiently.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_education

None.

Nov 28 2007, 2:30 am AntiSleep Post #71

Quote from Viii_iiiV
Quote from DapperDan
Quote from Viii_iiiV

So you believe that it is not bad that the Rich suffer so the poor can be happier.
I think I'm obliged to call you a Moron for thinking that one party of people should have money stolen off them to pay for another groups happiness.
And third, does anyone here notice how he has criticized/flamed (depending on how offended you are) very nearly every major poster on this? (everyone except AntiSleep)

Quote from DapperDan
There is no one trying to prove the person innocent

His Lawyer is. And if he can't pay for a Lawyer, then how is that the taxpayers problem?
Since when are the rich suffering?

None.

Nov 28 2007, 2:37 am Dapperdan Post #72

You should probably expand upon your law system. You had included was the fact that you are going to use a lie detector test on people, repeatedly, that people get fined if it shows up that they lied, and little else. No one was talking about the taxpayers here, btw.

Critizing and flaming are completely different. You are the one who has flamed, not I. If you're going to accuse me of flaming in this topic, you might want to actually quote it.

So you believe that it is not bad that the Rich suffer so the poor can be happier

No. It's long overdue that I call you out on the strawman fallacy you enjoy so much. I think I've retorted all your points now. You've failed to do so with mine.

Straw man Fallacy

None.

Nov 28 2007, 7:56 am MindArchon Post #73

I guess I'll enter the conversation now. I didn't read a lot of responses, because I really don't care about you guys arguing about economic and ideological systems. This system seems pretty fascist to me and conservative, and about as right-wing as you can get. Lets analyze your system of government.

Where does this random amount of £1,360 come from? If it has some specific merit, do tell, because right now it seems like a random number. To do what you propose in this system seems impossible with the amount of money you get from taxes. You don't seem like you get enough money to do very much of anything unless you are trying to make the entire nation's essentials privately owned (this would probably make your nation collapse very quickly). I wouldn't be surprised if your government went bankrupt just by trying to hold the insane amount of referendums you propose to have. Referendums are time-consuming and expensive - this is why nations today tend not to do them a lot.

Your law system is prone to corruption. Who comes up with the "police bill"? The police of course. It's conceivable that the police would overcharge someone to make a profit for themselves, or overcharge enemies with an amount so high that they will forced to be deported. Where they'll be deported I have no idea (OTHER countries can refuse to take them you know).

Zero inflation? What? In your system of economics (purely Capitalistic), it is almost impossible to control the rate of inflation effectively. You need SOME sort of government intervention, it doesn't matter if you're Keynesian or operate from a Freidman view: GOVERNMENT MUST INTERFERE WITH THE ECONOMY IN SOME WAY! This completely shatters your nations fascist standpoint. I'll stop here with discussing the economic policies of your government since it's been proven that pure Capitalism really doesn't work (1930s America).

Your nation would very quickly develop into one with very little culture and one based off totalitarian fear. The fear of being deported would keep families driving their kids toward academic success, and subsequently you wouldn't have the kids that don't finish high school but paint Rembrandts. A society totally fronted towards "personal ratings" leaves no people that are culturally oriented since they'll be deported. Good luck finding musicians or painters.

Your point on lie detectors is flawed. They can be very inaccurate, and you're wasting your already small tax dollars.

None.

Nov 28 2007, 6:38 pm Kellimus Post #74

Hey Archon, I like what you say about the 1930s america thing... Ties in with my "conspiracy" that America is ran by over-sea bankers...

Maybe I'm looking too deep....

None.

Nov 30 2007, 3:28 am AntiSleep Post #75

Anyone that participates in the economy is interfering with/regulating it, ViV probably doesn't understand why one person having all the 'money' is a bad thing. If one person has all the money, it loses all of it's value.

None.

Dec 3 2007, 8:38 pm Viii_iiiV Post #76

Quote from AntiSleep
Anyone that participates in the economy is interfering with/regulating it, ViV probably doesn't understand why one person having all the 'money' is a bad thing. If one person has all the money, it loses all of it's value.

One person will never have all of the money. Just a small group of people will own most of it.

None.

Dec 3 2007, 10:05 pm Sie_Sayoka Post #77

Thats basically the same thing?

None.

Dec 4 2007, 12:32 am Dapperdan Post #78

It's exactly the same thing. :omfg: It can't be! :omfg:

None.

Dec 4 2007, 5:55 pm Kellimus Post #79

One person will never have all of the money. Just a small group of people will own most of it.

Just like it is now in the United States? So corrupt politicians can use their dirty money to get anything they want?

Just like the group of the most rich people in the United States probably helped with passing this new law: http://thomas.loc.gov/home/gpoxmlc110/h1955_rfs.xml ???

Just like anyone who has One million+ dollars can run for president of the United States, but me and you who have less then One Million, cannot?

...........I don't even know wtf this discussion is about, I just wanted to bring those points up :P

None.

Dec 5 2007, 3:01 am Centreri Post #80

Relatively ancient and inactive

Supply and Demand - as crappy jobs get a lack of workers, the pay goes up and the job becomes less crappy.
And then what? All in all, we have a country with businessmen and scientists and grocery baggers, but more of the businessmen and scientists and not enough baggers. Until it gets so in demand that bagging groceries pays more then some jobs requiring a brain - I wouldn't need to get deported if that happens.

Capitalism is a system divided into, basically, two classes: The very very rich businessmen, and everyone else. Government-funded agencies and all that are in a seperate league. The very very rich businessmen get rich off the work of the poorer. And thanks to the economy system maintained by the government. Whereas poor people get less out of the system, so yes, they owe the system less.

Suggest a better way. Are you saying that someone should be able to say "Well, maybe he did badly in the test, but I'll let him stay because he pays attention in class...". Seriously, corruption?
Refer to the multitude of points and those in different topics about how America needs laborers.

The rich don't suffer. They lose more money, but unless they lose enough to put them below the poor (impossible), they don't suffer more.

REVOLUTION! Read some economists. Karl Marx, for example - 'Major struggles are results of class conflicts'.

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 2 3 4 5 67 >
  Back to forum