This topic is locked. You can no longer write replies here.
Nov 25 2007, 11:51 am
By: Viii_iiiV
Pages: < 1 2 3 47 >

Nov 25 2007, 6:10 pm Dapperdan Post #21

It is I who believes that if you are poor you shouldn't have the insane right to stay in a country if someone who is better than you wants in.

You CANNOT judge a person's worth like this. It is so immoral it's pathetic.

None.

Nov 25 2007, 6:11 pm Viii_iiiV Post #22

Quote from AntiSleep
Quote from Viii_iiiV
Quote from AntiSleep
I don't live in the UK, but what you propose is fascist. It would lead to the collapse of your economy within 1 year, probably incite rioting too.
How do you think it would collapse the economy?
You impose a regressive tax, and export or incarcerate everyone that cannot pay it? Half your workforce would disappear overnight.

I wouldn't have as much of a problem with it if everyone started with the same resources. It would be far more effective and fair to remove sales, income, property taxes for individuals, and replace those taxes with an estate / gift tax(with some exemptions). Your debt to society is settled when you die. Economies work when money gets spent, this is a fact, and taxing the (dead)rich means the money that would sit stagnant, gets spent (because the poor are going to spend a greater proportion of the margin). Also, corporations should not exist. They are imaginary people that unacceptably limit accountability, any services that need an investment in infrastructure are better managed by NPO. This way you reduce debts, and increase the efficiency and standard of living of the entire country.

In response to something you said earlier I didn't counter:
Money never sits stagnant as long as it is in the bank. Your idea of government would work, but what stops people moving out of the country to die? And what if their inheritance can't pay the tax - you're either suggesting the rich pay more than the poor, or that you don't mind that there is someone who is conveniently dead and owes the state a few hundred thousand dollars.
Plus, when people start to know they're going to die, they'll waste all of thier money on holidays and chocolate - because they don't really are if the state loses out of a few millon dollars that they've already spend on you.

Too easy to take advantage of. Hard to stop.

None.

Nov 25 2007, 6:13 pm Viii_iiiV Post #23

Quote from Dapperdan
It is I who believes that if you are poor you shouldn't have the insane right to stay in a country if someone who is better than you wants in.

You CANNOT judge a person's worth like this. It is so immoral it's pathetic.

Why not?
If someone outside the country with a great degree, who has spend a third of their life studying for it, why shouldn't they replace a moron who dropped out of school at 16, and makes his living bagging groceries?

None.

Nov 25 2007, 6:20 pm Dapperdan Post #24

And what if their inheritance can't pay the tax - you're either suggesting the rich pay more than the poor

There's nothing wrong with that.

Why not?
If someone outside the country with a great degree, who has spend a third of their life studying for it, why shouldn't they replace a moron who dropped out of school at 16, and makes his living bagging groceries?

It makes them different, it does not make one inherently better than the other. Judging others and taking away their chooses in life is immoral.

Also, you still haven't responded to the rest of my points.

None.

Nov 25 2007, 6:26 pm Viii_iiiV Post #25

Quote from Dapperdan
Law
There are two types of offense you can commit: civil offenses, and criminal offenses. Criminal offenses are things like murder, stealing, rape, etc, and Civil offenses are things like drug taking (selling is criminal), speeding, drink driving, and things like that. If you commit a crime you pay the fine. If you cannot pay the fine, everything you own is repossessed, and you are deported.

You seem to really like deporting people. The problem is, who is going to take all your criminals? And is there no difference between not being able to pay a $1,000 fine and not being able to pay a $50,000 fine? Also, how much of a fine is killing someone? How can you put a price on something like this?
This is what we do with the criminals: Not all flights are full. There is a few spare seats on most planes leaving the country. You put them on a plane, and forget about them. That's if they can't afford the plane flight to choose their destination (There is a system where you can give money to the Government, who keep it untill you need to pay for a flight out)
Quote from DapperDan
The Fine:
First, you have to pay the full damages to whoever was harmed. Then, you have to pay the police bill - they charge you for the costs of the investigation they undertook to find you guilty.

But, what if only half of all the police bills get paid? Lets say if $1000 of goods was stolen in a year, but only $500 of the goods was paid for (the criminals who account for the other $500 weren't caught) then everyone who was caught stealing pays double to account for the losses. It works the same for the police bill.

Once again, putting a price on things is not as easy as you seem to think. Your police will spend an awful lot of time counting money, instead of getting things done.
Counting money? Seriously, who uses cash anymore when there are Debit cards? Working it out can be done on a calculator in about ten seconds - and there would be a big fat computer system to work it all out for you anyway.
Quote from DapperDan

Court
Lie detectors are used, at all times in court and police interrogations, and if someone is found saying lies the moment it is detected they are asked to say the statement again, and if it still shows up as a lie on the detector they are automatically fined a large amount - as saying lies in court is a criminal offense However it can not be used to prove someone is innocent, or prove someone else is guilty (as it is possible to fool lie detectors).

Lie detectors ARE NOT as reliable as you think they are. Failing a lie detector test or passing one is not considered enough evidence to prove someone guilty or innocent, not even close.
If someone manages to get caught twice on the same statement, then what's the chance? Hell, if it's THAT unreliable we can ask them to say it again. And again. And again. Until it hits 10 or they confess their lying.
Quote from DapperDan
“Freedom of Speech”
People are allowed to talk casually against the government, but they are not allowed to do so to a large audience. To do so is a criminal offense. You are allowed to state your disagreement of government policies, but you may not criticize an individual inside the government or a certain case. This means you cannot say you hate the fact that Bob Smith got deported, however you can state that you disagree with the deportation policies, but you cannot say “I hate the deportation policies because Blah” when Blah isn’t true. There are large fines for 'damaging the government'.

This is complete bullshit. It cannot, and will not work. Everyone will hate you.
Sure it will. No they won't. The people will love me because now, instead of paying 40% income tax (or whatever $15,000,000 earners have to pay %), they only have to pay around £900.
And anyway, how are you claiming to know what every single person on the planet would think about it? If they don't like it, they can leave. Plenty of people want to take their place.
Quote from DapperDan

“Worker Protection”
Abolish Minimum Wage. If people are only worth 15p an hour to a company, they get paid 15p an hour.
Make going on strike illegal. If someone doesn’t like their job, they can quit.
Legalize pay cuts.
Get rid of “unfair dismissal laws”- your boss can fire you for any reason he/she sees fit.

Allowing so few people to decide how much someone is worth an hour is completely unfair. Making striking illegal is equally unfair. The workers can't stand up for themselves. Also, didn't you just make a post where you tried to justify one of your points by saying discrimination is bad? And here you would completely allow for discrimination as reason for firing. It is, in fact, being encouraged by this system.

You're right about the discrimination, I think I'll remove that.

And guess what? If they don't like the job, they can quit - that's how they stand up for themselves. And anyway, it's called competition. If you're worth more than 15p an hour, then someone else will offer you more. If you are worth 15p an hour, then you'll get deported pretty soon anyway.

Anyway, you sound religious - and that means your opinions are clouded by morals and that you're opinions are effected by a book (most religions have some kind of holy scripture).

None.

Nov 25 2007, 6:29 pm AntiSleep Post #26

Quote from Viii_iiiV
It is the poor who hold unjust power, and it is I who wants to take it away from them!
It is I who wants everyone to pay equal tax.
It is I who want to get rid of all leftism.
It is I who believes that the rich&gt;the poor.
Trying to pretend the rich have less power than justified is ridiculous. Your goal is not to make an efficient and just society, but to maximize your own power at the expense of anyone and everyone else. The people would be justified in using their force to remove inherited power.

None.

Nov 25 2007, 6:35 pm AntiSleep Post #27

Quote from Viii_iiiV
And guess what? If they don't like the job, they can quit - that's how they stand up for themselves. And anyway, it's called competition. If you're worth more than 15p an hour, then someone else will offer you more. If you are worth 15p an hour, then you'll get deported pretty soon anyway.
Free trade only works so long as there is scarcity in the market, but you fail to realize we live in an industrialized world, there is no scarcity in the market, just an unsustainable and increasing amount of debt.

None.

Nov 25 2007, 6:36 pm Viii_iiiV Post #28

Quote from AntiSleep
Quote from Viii_iiiV
It is the poor who hold unjust power, and it is I who wants to take it away from them!
It is I who wants everyone to pay equal tax.
It is I who want to get rid of all leftism.
It is I who believes that the rich&amp;gt;the poor.
Trying to pretend the rich have less power than justified is ridiculous. Your goal is not to make an efficient and just society, but to maximize your own power at the expense of anyone and everyone else. The people would be justified in using their force to remove inherited power.

Not inherited power. When people think of rich people, they think of Earls and Lords and people with massive houses. That is a very small minority. I simply believe it is wrong that the rich pay more than the poor for the same things - which the rich probably don't use anyway.

The very fact that money is being unjustly taken away from them means that they have less power than they should have - since money=power.

None.

Nov 25 2007, 6:41 pm AntiSleep Post #29

Only if over 95% of the richest 1% that came from rich families could be considered a minority of rich people.

I have no problem with rich people, I have a problem with massive inheritances.

None.

Nov 25 2007, 6:43 pm Akar Post #30

Yes, people get large amounts of money without trying to work for it. Kind of cheap isn't it?

None.

Nov 25 2007, 6:49 pm Viii_iiiV Post #31

Quote from AntiSleep
Only if over 95% of the richest 1% that came from rich families could be considered a minority of rich people.

Is that true? Source please.

And you're right, massive inheritances is kinda bad, and inefficient. Impossible to get rid of, though. Without taxing inheritance hugely that is.

EDIT: So there is no way to stop inheritance, and no way to tax it. Its impossible.

But then, what's to stop them spending all of thier money on gold and giving it to your children? Isn't that allowed? How are you going to stop it.

Infact, how are you going to stop rich people who are near dead putting everything he owns in a Swiss bank vault, and giving his children the key?

As for the whole "Lol how'd you put a house in a vault" argument, you can "release equity on your house" (If you're old, they give you the money for your house and when you're dead they have it).
There are better ways, but I'd rather not state them.

Edit:
WHOOT! NO POSTING FOR THIRTY SEVEN MINUTES! No one can think of anything to insult me with! I've answered every argument they can think against me... for a while, at least.

Post has been edited 2 time(s), last time on Nov 25 2007, 7:23 pm by Viii_iiiV.

None.

Nov 25 2007, 7:31 pm Dapperdan Post #32

Anyway, you sound religious - and that means your opinions are clouded by morals and that you're opinions are effected by a book (most religions have some kind of holy scripture).

I am so not religious you don't even know. If you read any other topics around here, you'd know that.

This is what we do with the criminals: Not all flights are full. There is a few spare seats on most planes leaving the country. You put them on a plane, and forget about them. That's if they can't afford the plane flight to choose their destination (There is a system where you can give money to the Government, who keep it untill you need to pay for a flight out)

This is a joke. I'm sure other countries will get along really well with you when you deport all your criminals to them, to boot. Also, you still haven't answered the other questions I posted to you under "law".

Counting money? Seriously, who uses cash anymore when there are Debit cards? Working it out can be done on a calculator in about ten seconds - and there would be a big fat computer system to work it all out for you anyway.

I'm just saying your system of fining based on the damages done isn't very practical.

If someone manages to get caught twice on the same statement, then what's the chance? Hell, if it's THAT unreliable we can ask them to say it again. And again. And again. Until it hits 10 or they confess their lying.

If someone can defeat a lie detector once, then who's to say they can't do it 10 times? What if they pass it 7 times, and fail it 3 times? What if the fail it 5 times, and pass it 5 times? What if they pass it nine times, but fail it once? etc. etc. The point is, it's not that reliable, doing it over and over again won't change that.

Sure it will. No they won't. The people will love me because now, instead of paying 40% income tax (or whatever $15,000,000 earners have to pay %), they only have to pay around £900.

It sounds like your saying rich people have the only opinions you care about, to me. As for the rest of your worker policy, I'm a little more open to it than I was before, but I still don't see it being very successful. Wouldn't it just create a lot of dispute? More than there already is?

None.

Nov 25 2007, 7:54 pm AntiSleep Post #33

Quote from Viii_iiiV
Quote from AntiSleep

I couldn't find the study of the top 1%, I don't remember the journal it was in, but I do recall it attributed as much of the correlation to education, connections, and environment, as to bequest.
Without taxing inheritance hugely that is.

EDIT: So there is no way to stop inheritance, and no way to tax it. Its impossible.
Why can't you tax inheritance? Phase income tax and sales tax out and estate tax in slowly over the next 50 years, with attention paid to safety nets for children(education would require reform, and enough investment to make teaching desirable to highly qualified people).

But then, what's to stop them spending all of thier money on gold and giving it to your children? Isn't that allowed? How are you going to stop it.
capital would not be exempt, but the will would specify where the flat exemption goes(say around $100K-1M per estate)
Infact, how are you going to stop rich people who are near dead putting everything he owns in a Swiss bank vault, and giving his children the key?
Large transactions would be tracked and a gift tax imposed if you cannot show it was a legitimate exchange of goods or services. Anyone complicit in the tax evasion would face jail time, not to mention there would be far more scrutiny associated with the taxes, simply because there would be 1/70th the number of tax statements filed, and because they would necessarily be simpler, without having to worry about deductions and credits.

None.

Nov 25 2007, 8:04 pm Viii_iiiV Post #34

Quote from Dapperdan

I am so not religious you don't even know. If you read any other topics around here, you'd know that.
I didn't say you were, I just said you SOUNDED religious. See, I always leave an escape route.

This is a joke. I'm sure other countries will get along really well with you when you deport all your criminals to them, to boot. Also, you still haven't answered the other questions I posted to you under "law".
Who said their criminals? They have all the proper passports, etc, so who would actually notice? And if they did. then how would they stop them claiming refugee status or applying for citizenship? Anyways, we have nukes.

I'm just saying your system of fining based on the damages done isn't very practical.
Why's that? This way, THE WHOLE POLICE SERVICE GETS FUNDED WITHOUT THE PUBLIC PAYING, and they get punished.

If someone can defeat a lie detector once, then who's to say they can't do it 10 times? What if they pass it 7 times, and fail it 3 times? What if the fail it 5 times, and pass it 5 times? What if they pass it nine times, but fail it once? etc. etc. The point is, it's not that reliable, doing it over and over again won't change that.
If they get past it once, the whole thing is discounted. Hell, if there is a 10% chance of fail (it is more like 1%) , then .1*1=.000,000,000,01%. That is a one in 10 BILLION. So, even if EVERY SINGLE PERSON on the planet goes through this, the chances are no one would be wrongly convicted. AND, if there is a 1% chance of fail, the there is a 1 in 10,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 chance. That's a big number.

It sounds like your saying rich people have the only opinions you care about, to me. As for the rest of your worker policy, I'm a little more open to it than I was before, but I still don't see it being very successful. Wouldn't it just create a lot of dispute? More than there already is?

That's because rich people's opinions matter the most because they have the most money.
What dispute?

None.

Nov 25 2007, 8:06 pm Doodan Post #35

Why is it that every time a hyper conservative (to the degree of being cartoonish) member gets banned or scared off, another one takes their place in a matter of days?

None.

Nov 25 2007, 8:11 pm Viii_iiiV Post #36

Quote from AntiSleep
Quote from Viii_iiiV
Quote from AntiSleep

I couldn't find the study of the top 1%, I don't remember the journal it was in, but I do recall it attributed as much of the correlation to education, connections, and environment, as to bequest.
Without taxing inheritance hugely that is.

Why can't you tax inheritance? Phase income tax and sales tax out and estate tax in slowly over the next 50 years, with attention paid to safety nets for children(education would require reform, and enough investment to make teaching desirable to highly qualified people).
It's too easy to evade. And too hard to catch.

capital would not be exempt, but the will would specify where the flat exemption goes(say around $100K-1M per estate)
Large transactions would be tracked and a gift tax imposed if you cannot show it was a legitimate exchange of goods or services. Anyone complicit in the tax evasion would face jail time, not to mention there would be far more scrutiny associated with the taxes, simply because there would be 1/70th the number of tax statements filed, and because they would necessarily be simpler, without having to worry about deductions and credits.
[/QUOTE]
How do you propose stop evaders - THERE ARE NO RECORDS. Are you suggesting that every single piece of mail be checked for anything of value? Are you suggesting that every single box that goes through the mail that comes positive on a metal detector should be investigated? How do you propose to stop me selling a computer to someone in Switzerland, but filling it with gold instead, to be put in a vault so my children can go there, sell it, bank the money and come back? Hell, can you even track every single good inside the country, and stop me giving it away?

None.

Nov 25 2007, 8:14 pm Akar Post #37

I didn't say you were, I just said you SOUNDED religious. See, I always leave an escape route.
The last thing we need is another religious battle.

None.

Nov 25 2007, 8:15 pm Viii_iiiV Post #38

Quote from Doodan
Why is it that every time a hyper conservative (to the degree of being cartoonish) member gets banned or scared off, another one takes their place in a matter of days?

Hyper-Conservative?
I'm Fascist, and I merely believe that the rich should pay the same as the poor for the same services. Well, recently I've been trying to tell AntiSleep that YOU CAN NOT STOP INHERITANCE!

Quote from Akar
The last thing we need is another religious battle.
Correct.

None.

Nov 25 2007, 8:17 pm Akar Post #39

Hyper-Conservative?
I'm Fascist, and I merely believe that the rich should pay the same as the poor for the same services. Well, recently I've been trying to tell AntiSleep that YOU CAN NOT STOP INHERITANCE!
No, you can't totally stop anything. Someone somewhere in a country will give inheritance. But one can severely limit it with some form of communism.

None.

Nov 25 2007, 9:02 pm Viii_iiiV Post #40

Quote from Akar
Hyper-Conservative?
No, you can't totally stop anything. Someone somewhere in a country will give inheritance. But one can severely limit it with some form of communism.

I guess....

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Nov 25 2007, 9:09 pm by Viii_iiiV.

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 2 3 47 >
  Back to forum