This topic is locked. You can no longer write replies here.
Nov 25 2007, 11:51 am
By: Viii_iiiV
Pages: < 1 2 3 4 57 >

Nov 25 2007, 9:29 pm AntiSleep Post #41

Akar, you think EVERYTHING is communism. What I describe is meritocratic libertarianism. Viv, I am not going to read broken quote posts, but seriously, people won't evade estate and gift taxes any more than they already evade income taxes.

None.

Nov 25 2007, 11:03 pm Akar Post #42

No I'm just representing the American point of view. (Most) Americans hate communism, they think it is evil. And anything that takes away freedom is communistic. That thing about limiting what people say is invading on the Constitution's turf.

None.

Nov 25 2007, 11:11 pm Doodan Post #43

I don't think it's evil. Just a bad idea. Especially since I wanna be rich and sleep with all the hot women I can.

None.

Nov 25 2007, 11:46 pm Sie_Sayoka Post #44

No government is perfect. Every system has its cons and pros, due to everyone being different there will always be unrest. Also due to the greed and selfishness of man politics will always be corrupt, thus there will be laws that may not appeal to the general public. It is a sad reality that we must deal with.

So, basically by your logic:
If someone doesn’t like their job, they can quit.
Get over it or immigrate :}

None.

Nov 26 2007, 12:06 am Akar Post #45

No government is perfect. Every system has its cons and pros, due to everyone being different there will always be unrest. Also due to the greed and selfishness of man politics will always be corrupt, thus there will be laws that may not appeal to the general public. It is a sad reality that we must deal with.
True, but the American point of view is that democracy is the best government system in the world. And we're the best in the world.

None.

Nov 26 2007, 2:07 am WoAHorde Post #46

Quote from Akar
And we're the best in the world.

Many, including myself, Disagree with that statement.

None.

Nov 26 2007, 2:28 am AntiSleep Post #47

Quote from Akar
No I'm just representing the American point of view. (Most) Americans hate communism, they think it is evil. And anything that takes away freedom is communistic. That thing about limiting what people say is invading on the Constitution's turf.
No one else in this thread has been talking about communism, Communism is economic authoritarianism based on state(public) ownership of land and factories. Fascism is civil and economic authoritarianism, with the economy governed by private monopolies protected by the state(a crucial difference). Freedom of speech is a civil right, not an economic one, and it's suppression falls into the classification of fascism. Some communist states have fascist characteristics, this does not make a fascist state any more communist. The main reason some westerners 'hate' communism is because of lingering memes from cold war propaganda, there is nothing rational about the hate. It is only rational to take the fairness of communism, and combine it with the pragmatism of capitalism into a weakened and reformed federal government. The fascist elements in our governments and individuals like viv want to prevent that, so they reintroduce the cold war propaganda(replace 'soviets' with 'terrorists')with control of the news, and furnish the state a willingness to use overt power, to control a population that if given the choice, would not consent to the manner of government.

None.

Nov 26 2007, 2:47 am FatalException Post #48

Obviously, SeN doesn't appreciate facists. With these laws, Britain would be one hellishly empty country.

None.

Nov 26 2007, 2:58 am A_of-s_t Post #49

aka idmontie

Tax
Scrap everything the government does except for three things: Police, Roads, and military (since no one else can really do that). Then, make everyone over 21 pay £1,360 a year, and that will cover all tax. And that includes Inflation - so ZERO INFLATION. This 0 inflation might not be instant though, it may fade out over the years.

However, this is very easily changeable to give relief to a certain group of people - for example, the top 10% of earners can pay double, and then the bottom 5% of earners get it free, and then it fades out until anyone above the bottom 15% pays full.

Also, it is possible for people to "bind" their ratings - so thier rating is an average. Children are automatically bound to their parents.

Children's Ratings
As children are bound to their parents, and their parents own the money, children need a way of being rated. So, children are rated on their school grades (a test is taken at the end of every year). This means that families put pressure on their Children as if they do too badly the whole family (who are most probably bound together) have a higher chance of deportation. University students get rated in the same way.

The current TV license system stays the same - because the BBC is great.
...!

Who says that no one else can take care of the police, roads, and military other than the government? The people can provide for the police so that there is someone to protect them. Each person can maintain their own road. The military can be taken care of by a monopoly.

What if a family has 5 children, and they barely get by? They slip under the taxation; which, causes others to become unhappy, since the wealthier people must now pay more.

Then that last set of rules blows me away. Children who get poor grades end up getting deported, children who get good grades end up needed to do degrading jobs. Some people are not good at tests or exams, some people are better with their hands. You have just screwed your economy.

BBC is flawed.

Immigration
Make a system which works out how much each individual is worth to the UK, and then make a list of everyone - at the top there would be the most important (richest), and at the bottom the person worth the least. If someone wants to come into Britain (as a resident, tourism is fine), and they are better than the lowest person, then they are let in and the person on the bottom of the list gets deported.
"You have just screwed your economy."

Law
There are two types of offense you can commit: civil offenses, and criminal offenses. Criminal offenses are things like murder, stealing, rape, etc, and Civil offenses are things like drug taking (selling is criminal), speeding, drink driving, and things like that. If you commit a crime you pay the fine. If you cannot pay the fine, everything you own is repossessed, and you are deported.

The Fine:
First, you have to pay the full damages to whoever was harmed. Then, you have to pay the police bill - they charge you for the costs of the investigation they undertook to find you guilty.

But, what if only half of all the police bills get paid? Lets say if $1000 of goods was stolen in a year, but only $500 of the goods was paid for (the criminals who account for the other $500 weren't caught) then everyone who was caught stealing pays double to account for the losses. It works the same for the police bill.

And, of course, committing a crime would lower your rating, meaning you're more likely to be deported.
Money gained this way is not accounted for in my £1360 per capita over 21 - so the figure would be more like £900 a year
So, the police are TRYING to find you guilty? Who is trying to find you innocent?

Everything is repossed? Even if the worth is more than the cost?

“Worker Protection”
Abolish Minimum Wage. If people are only worth 15p an hour to a company, they get paid 15p an hour.
Make going on strike illegal. If someone doesn’t like their job, they can quit.
Legalize pay cuts.

Going on strike is illegal? If that was true, I'd get a huge group of people together and strike just to spite you. What is the government going to do? Deport a huge chunk of its population?

You must understand that every person is valuable to a nation's economy, no matter how stupid one is according to "test".

Personal GitHub
Starcraft GitHub Organization - Feel free to request member status!
TwitchTV

Nov 26 2007, 3:33 am Akar Post #50

No one else in this thread has been talking about communism, Communism is economic authoritarianism based on state(public) ownership of land and factories. Fascism is civil and economic authoritarianism, with the economy governed by private monopolies protected by the state(a crucial difference). Freedom of speech is a civil right, not an economic one, and it's suppression falls into the classification of fascism. Some communist states have fascist characteristics, this does not make a fascist state any more communist. The main reason some westerners 'hate' communism is because of lingering memes from cold war propaganda, there is nothing rational about the hate. It is only rational to take the fairness of communism, and combine it with the pragmatism of capitalism into a weakened and reformed federal government. The fascist elements in our governments and individuals like viv want to prevent that, so they reintroduce the cold war propaganda(replace 'soviets' with 'terrorists')with control of the news, and furnish the state a willingness to use overt power, to control a population that if given the choice, would not consent to the manner of government.

Yes, but the changes did mention controlling some area of economics, and thus it is automatically communism:
“Worker Protection”
Abolish Minimum Wage. If people are only worth 15p an hour to a company, they get paid 15p an hour.
So basically they are saying YOU either have to go to work or quit, you're not giving the employer the option of allowing them to go on strike.

Fascism is more hated by the American people than anything else. Fascism = Nazi to our minds. Nazis are bad. Very bad. If there was a fascist country in the world that opposed us. The USA would have to "liberate" the people.

One thing you say really ticks me off. You say we should rate people. It might sound nice and good on paper. But you can't classify people by one thing, two, three, or any other number short of infinity.
It is just downright wrong to say, "Since this person scored a higher test score on their test, they are smarter, and thus have a higher priority." When in essence the person that scored lower had a much higher intelligence. Standardized tests is a bad idea. Just because someone knows how to memorize facts does not mean they can apply them. The person who can't memorize as well but can apply them is the one who deserves more priority.

None.

Nov 26 2007, 3:36 am Sie_Sayoka Post #51

No one really cares what the Americans think, most of them are idiots.

None.

Nov 26 2007, 3:40 am A_of-s_t Post #52

aka idmontie

Quote from Sie_Sayoka
By stating someone else's ignorance, you've just shown your own ignorance.

Personal GitHub
TwitchTV

Nov 26 2007, 3:43 am Akar Post #53

I can't agree with you more. But were idiots with a very large stick. Don't do what we say and we might have to hit you with it.

None.

Nov 26 2007, 3:53 am AntiSleep Post #54

Quote from Akar

Yes, but the changes did mention controlling some area of economics, and thus it is automatically communism:
BAHAHAHAHA, do you actually believe that? Communism is the government ownership of the means of production, not the regulation of the economy.

None.

Nov 26 2007, 4:04 am Akar Post #55

Yes, I do.

None.

Nov 26 2007, 4:07 am A_of-s_t Post #56

aka idmontie

Quote from Akar
Yes, I do.
Stop reinforcing what Sie said about Americans.

Personal GitHub
TwitchTV

Nov 26 2007, 5:59 am Doodan Post #57

But isn't Sie Hawaiian, and thus, technically American? ;p

None.

Nov 26 2007, 8:49 am Sie_Sayoka Post #58

Quote from Doodan
But isn't Sie Hawaiian, and thus, technically American? ;p

;) perhaps

None.

Nov 26 2007, 4:06 pm Viii_iiiV Post #59

Quote from A_of-s_t
Tax
Scrap everything the government does except for three things: Police, Roads, and military (since no one else can really do that). Then, make everyone over 21 pay £1,360 a year, and that will cover all tax. And that includes Inflation - so ZERO INFLATION. This 0 inflation might not be instant though, it may fade out over the years.

However, this is very easily changeable to give relief to a certain group of people - for example, the top 10% of earners can pay double, and then the bottom 5% of earners get it free, and then it fades out until anyone above the bottom 15% pays full.

Also, it is possible for people to "bind" their ratings - so thier rating is an average. Children are automatically bound to their parents.

Children's Ratings
As children are bound to their parents, and their parents own the money, children need a way of being rated. So, children are rated on their school grades (a test is taken at the end of every year). This means that families put pressure on their Children as if they do too badly the whole family (who are most probably bound together) have a higher chance of deportation. University students get rated in the same way.

The current TV license system stays the same - because the BBC is great.

Who says that no one else can take care of the police, roads, and military other than the government? The people can provide for the police so that there is someone to protect them. Each person can maintain their own road. The military can be taken care of by a monopoly.

What if a family has 5 children, and they barely get by? They slip under the taxation; which, causes others to become unhappy, since the wealthier people must now pay more.

Then that last set of rules blows me away. Children who get poor grades end up getting deported, children who get good grades end up needed to do degrading jobs. Some people are not good at tests or exams, some people are better with their hands. You have just screwed your economy.

BBC is flawed.
Because the state should hold the gun, and the gun should never hold the state. Maybe policing and roads could be, but the Military never could be - because they would hold the state.

I said that the tax relief COULD happen - it would be a temporary measure before we get round to deporting the poor people. If they can't get by, then they die, or get money from charities. If the rich want to help the poor in the way they do at the moment, then they can donate. If they don't, then I will not force them.

Children who get poor grades have the potential to achieve higher if they tried. Ask any teacher. I think a higher chance of deportation will motivate their Parents to pressure them.

Immigration
Make a system which works out how much each individual is worth to the UK, and then make a list of everyone - at the top there would be the most important (richest), and at the bottom the person worth the least. If someone wants to come into Britain (as a resident, tourism is fine), and they are better than the lowest person, then they are let in and the person on the bottom of the list gets deported.
"You have just screwed your economy."
Supply and Demand - as crappy jobs get a lack of workers, the pay goes up and the job becomes less crappy.

None.

Nov 26 2007, 4:11 pm Viii_iiiV Post #60

Law
There are two types of offense you can commit: civil offenses, and criminal offenses. Criminal offenses are things like murder, stealing, rape, etc, and Civil offenses are things like drug taking (selling is criminal), speeding, drink driving, and things like that. If you commit a crime you pay the fine. If you cannot pay the fine, everything you own is repossessed, and you are deported.

The Fine:
First, you have to pay the full damages to whoever was harmed. Then, you have to pay the police bill - they charge you for the costs of the investigation they undertook to find you guilty.

But, what if only half of all the police bills get paid? Lets say if $1000 of goods was stolen in a year, but only $500 of the goods was paid for (the criminals who account for the other $500 weren't caught) then everyone who was caught stealing pays double to account for the losses. It works the same for the police bill.

And, of course, committing a crime would lower your rating, meaning you're more likely to be deported.
Money gained this way is not accounted for in my £1360 per capita over 21 - so the figure would be more like £900 a year

So, the police are TRYING to find you guilty? Who is trying to find you innocent?

Everything is repossed? Even if the worth is more than the cost?

It's the polices job to find criminals, not to find innocent people. It's kinda hard to change that - they tried about twenty years ago and it failed. Miserably.

And they have a substantial amount of time to sell up if they cannot pay.

“Worker Protection”
Legalize pay cuts.

Going on strike is illegal? If that was true, I'd get a huge group of people together and strike just to spite you. What is the government going to do? Deport a huge chunk of its population?

You must understand that every person is valuable to a nation's economy, no matter how stupid one is according to "test".

If they don't like their job, they can tell their boss. If he does nothing, they can leave. Hell, I will not give people the right to stop working if they feel like it (some people actually have jobs that are important, even if it isn't anyone you know)

Think about it. As there begins to be a shortage of cleaners or Fast Food servers, they will begin to get paid more (supply and demand), and therefore it becomes a better and less degrading job - so the cleaners etc get richer.

And if you did that, I would deport one in twenty of the strikers.

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 2 3 4 57 >
  Back to forum