3D Modelling
Dec 2 2010, 9:42 pm
By: NicholasBeige
Pages: < 1 « 7 8 9 10 1112 >

Apr 2 2011, 3:44 am IskatuMesk Post #161

Lord of the Locker Room

I don't do contests sry

Show them your butt, and when you do, slap it so it creates a sound akin to a chorus of screaming spider monkeys flogging a chime with cacti. Only then can you find your destiny at the tip of the shaft.

Apr 2 2011, 3:44 am Apos Post #162

I order you to forgive yourself!

Quote from IskatuMesk
I don't do contests sry
That was before.

Apr 2 2011, 3:52 am NicholasBeige Post #163

Quote from Apos
Quote from IskatuMesk
I don't do contests sry
That was before.
And this is now.

Anyways, after this contest is over and done with - can everyone who has an ounce of skill in the 3D business whack together a custom model or two for Ahli's Diablo 1 map?

(totally not wanting to steal thunder from the TS2 contest right now - but I think it'd be nice to give Ahli some custom shit too)

None.

Apr 2 2011, 9:10 am Jack Post #164

>be faceless void >mfw I have no face

Quote from name:Cardinal
Quote from Apos
Quote from IskatuMesk
I don't do contests sry
That was before.
And this is now.

Anyways, after this contest is over and done with - can everyone who has an ounce of skill in the 3D business whack together a custom model or two for Ahli's Diablo 1 map?

(totally not wanting to steal thunder from the TS2 contest right now - but I think it'd be nice to give Ahli some custom shit too)
Yeah mesk, do it for the art. If you like I won't give you any minerals for winning :D and it can be a temple of doom for your AO2 or whatever you're working on currently too.

/agree for ahli's map.

Red classic.

"In short, their absurdities are so extreme that it is painful even to quote them."

Apr 2 2011, 3:40 pm IskatuMesk Post #165

Lord of the Locker Room

I'm not working on anything currently, and I'm not in the habit of taking requests. So, sorry, no go.

Show them your butt, and when you do, slap it so it creates a sound akin to a chorus of screaming spider monkeys flogging a chime with cacti. Only then can you find your destiny at the tip of the shaft.

Apr 2 2011, 8:42 pm Jack Post #166

DO IT FOR THE CHILDREN! no but srsly, that's fine if you won't enter, but if you think you might ever need a temple of doom, entering this contest serves a dual purpose of getting you a temple AND boosting contest entries. Up to you though.

Red classic.

"In short, their absurdities are so extreme that it is painful even to quote them."

Apr 3 2011, 7:08 pm IskatuMesk Post #167

Lord of the Locker Room

If I model a temple it would only be when I start work on AO2 or LoL:2042:OPERATIONCOCKGOGGLES. Since that will never happen, I won't ever model a temple.

Apr 7 2011, 1:07 pm NicholasBeige Post #168

The future's bright. I am excite. Going to get into the UDK editor tonight.
(sorry, just watched Day[9] dailies Funday Monday with Nukes and Dr Seuss).

And whats' really funny? Is how this totally SHITS on the CryEngine 3. Unreal ftw.

None.

Apr 7 2011, 6:26 pm IskatuMesk Post #169

Lord of the Locker Room

CryEngine was never really anything decent. Only thing to come out of it was Aion.

Apr 7 2011, 6:29 pm DevliN Post #170

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

Aion was gorgeous, at least.

\:devlin\: Currently Working On: \:devlin\:
My Overwatch addiction.

Apr 9 2011, 7:45 pm Apos Post #171

I've seen this today and now, it seems like I've always had a very small vision...
Done with 3dsmax, Vray, AfterEffects and Premiere.
More from that artist

It looks like the sound in the YouTube video I posted is not the same as the original one so I changed it to an other one.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Apr 9 2011, 8:11 pm by Apos.

Apr 13 2011, 9:34 pm Jack Post #172

Aww yeah, blender 2.57 stable release.

Red classic.

Apr 13 2011, 10:48 pm Apos Post #173

Quote from Jack
Aww yeah, blender 2.57 stable release.
In 2 days, it will be official!

May 11 2011, 10:55 pm NicholasBeige Post #174

Yeah? But can Blender do this?

download here
max 2011 only afaik.

None.

May 12 2011, 12:22 am Apos Post #175

I hate long posts

May 12 2011, 1:35 pm NicholasBeige Post #176

Game Developers Conference 2011, Direct X 11, Unreal Engine 3 - Presentation

Edit: @Apos - that GhostTown script represents about 54 megabytes of SCRIPT alone... to recreate this for Blender would be no small task. And also, it was designed specifically for Max 2011 + 2012, so to simply recreate it for Blender would assume that Blender uses identical functionality to max (which it don't :P).

Also, does that m3 import for blender import bones and animation m3_sequences? And is there a way to export them from blender yet?

None.

May 12 2011, 2:05 pm IskatuMesk Post #177

Lord of the Locker Room

The thought that this kind of power is available freely is pretty amazing. Also, I didn't even flinch at 16k tris for hair. BRING ON THE SHINY

May 12 2011, 2:19 pm NicholasBeige Post #178

Quote from IskatuMesk
The thought that this kind of power is available freely is pretty amazing. Also, I didn't even flinch at 16k tris for hair. BRING ON THE SHINY
Yeah Epic/Unreal/nVidia are doing a fucking great job on this. All they need to do now is start handing out awesome computer rigs to people for free :D

To be honest, the subsurface scattering and dynamic shadow reflections look coolest to moi - and the lighting in general.

None.

May 12 2011, 6:19 pm Apos Post #179

Quote from name:Cardinal
That GhostTown script represents about 54 megabytes of SCRIPT alone... to recreate this for Blender would be no small task. And also, it was designed specifically for Max 2011 + 2012, so to simply recreate it for Blender would assume that Blender uses identical functionality to max (which it don't :P).

I didn't mean to convert the code directly. If someone needed that feature, they could make the script from scratch, it wouldn't be easy, but it shouldn't be harder than the effort that was put into making GhostTown. Of course, I don't think anyone is working on anything that looks like that (AFAIK).

Jun 2 2011, 8:43 pm NicholasBeige Post #180

The future is fucking bright. And AutoDesk are still hiring douchebags as their 'technological evangelists' lol:

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 7 8 9 10 1112 >
  Back to forum