3D Modelling
Dec 2 2010, 9:42 pm
By: NicholasBeige
Pages: < 1 « 6 7 8 9 1012 >

Mar 9 2011, 7:40 pm Jack Post #141

>be faceless void >mfw I have no face

To convert a blue normal map to an orange one...

Take your blue normal map. Invert it. Go to red channel. Copy and paste red channel into your alpha layer. Go to red layer and fill in with black.

You have a orange normal map now. Remember to save with alpha layer.
Got that from Windexglow on mapster.

Red classic.

"In short, their absurdities are so extreme that it is painful even to quote them."

Mar 9 2011, 9:57 pm NicholasBeige Post #142

Quote from Jack
To convert a blue normal map to an orange one...

Take your blue normal map. Invert it. Go to red channel. Copy and paste red channel into your alpha layer. Go to red layer and fill in with black.

You have a orange normal map now. Remember to save with alpha layer.
Got that from Windexglow on mapster.
It's actually a parallax occlusion map. By doing that method you quoted from sc2mapster, you lose detail. But, yeah I think it's going to have to be a conversion for using normal maps in SC2 though.

None.

Mar 9 2011, 10:24 pm NicholasBeige Post #143

30 minute speed sculpt :D... I did have a mouth in place but it looked like shit so I got rid of it before capturing screenshots.

Edit: raar. Fast-Reply should automatically link to 'Edit Post' if you were the last person to reply to topic.

Also, it is a beard, and not some wierd fucked up chin-shit that he's got "go'win own".

None.

Mar 9 2011, 11:02 pm MadZombie Post #144

Dat nose

None.

Mar 10 2011, 5:30 am Apos Post #145

I order you to forgive yourself!

It's probably the worst 3D video ever but it's my first one like that. Watch it cross-eyed! (It's only 60 frames so... It's not smooth.)

Mar 10 2011, 6:21 am EzDay281 Post #146

Out'f curiosity, how'd you make that?
I know of/can think of a number of methods, but I want to know if you've got one I missed.

None.

Mar 10 2011, 12:17 pm NicholasBeige Post #147

http://vimeo.com/19368587

I think he got a job for minecraft.

None.

Mar 10 2011, 4:45 pm Apos Post #148

Quote from EzDay281
Out'f curiosity, how'd you make that?
I know of/can think of a number of methods, but I want to know if you've got one I missed.

It's a fairly simple way that involves compositing.

First, I set up my scene. Then I create a camera and an other one right beside it. Together, they form the left and right eyes.
Then, I render both camera separately.
Using the compositor, I put the result from the two cameras right beside each other and I get a working 3D video.
On youtube, I add two tags to my video: "yt3d:enable=true" and "yt3d:aspect=4:3". This allows it to play in 3D using different methods.

Note: In order to get a 720p video, I made both camera be 640 x 720. (640 + 640 = 1280)

Mar 24 2011, 3:21 pm IskatuMesk Post #149

Lord of the Locker Room

After a long silence we return to the battle.

Show them your butt, and when you do, slap it so it creates a sound akin to a chorus of screaming spider monkeys flogging a chime with cacti. Only then can you find your destiny at the tip of the shaft.

Mar 28 2011, 8:19 pm Apos Post #150

I simplified my model a little bit and I decided to rig it. Here is my FIRST WALK CYCLE EVER!!! (Good thing it was on a Lego...)

Feedbacks are welcome!

Mar 29 2011, 1:11 am IskatuMesk Post #151

Lord of the Locker Room

Now, since it was on a lego, it's hard to judge without more moving joints. Just remember the locomotion originates from the feet and not the center of the body. A lot of animators have this issue where their feet slide along the ground and stuff when stuff walks around because they animated it incorrectly... start proper from the beginning and you'll never have that issue.

/notananimator

Show them your butt, and when you do, slap it so it creates a sound akin to a chorus of screaming spider monkeys flogging a chime with cacti. Only then can you find your destiny at the tip of the shaft.

Mar 29 2011, 1:19 am DevliN Post #152

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

Quote from IskatuMesk
After a long silence we return to the battle.

I wish I could do what you do. Forrealz.

\:devlin\: Currently Working On: \:devlin\:
My Overwatch addiction.

Mar 29 2011, 1:46 am Apos Post #153

Since my other lego walk cycle was an epic fail, I decided to remake it from scratch so that it looks a lot more like a lego walk.

Mar 29 2011, 2:40 am IskatuMesk Post #154

Lord of the Locker Room

Looking much better/more realistic. Now, actually have him walk... and then round house some dudes.

Mar 29 2011, 10:10 am Jack Post #155

Working on a temple for temple siege. Not sure where to go from here, any tips would be appreciated. Also, texture isn't final :P

Red classic.

"In short, their absurdities are so extreme that it is painful even to quote them."

Mar 29 2011, 1:50 pm MadZombie Post #156

WAT. Is it the model or the texture that makes it look weird at the top? feels like i'm looking at an escher painting. It doesn't make sense to me.

tbh the only thing i can say i really don't like are those pillars. They seem way too out of place/too big in ratio to the temple part. they look like they are meant to be holding something since it seems they are they are at the same height as the flat top of the temple. I want to make a temple now :3

None.

Mar 29 2011, 7:50 pm Jack Post #157

It's the angle of the camera. The top isn't finished yet. As for the pillars, I might remove the back four, and/or put some sort of spiky thing on top.

Red classic.

Mar 29 2011, 7:59 pm DevliN Post #158

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

I agree with the pillar comment. They do need something on top, that would help, but they do also seem really big.

The top of the temple is awkward, ut I could see how that would be the camera angle. Will that be an issue in SC2, though, since it can have a similar angle?

\:devlin\: Currently Working On: \:devlin\:
My Overwatch addiction.

Mar 29 2011, 8:05 pm Jack Post #159

The camera angle will be different in sc2 unless I randomly rotated it correctly. And yeah, the top is a bit weird right now.

Red classic.

Apr 2 2011, 2:59 am Jack Post #160

http://www.staredit.net/topic/13559/

GOGOGO ENTER NOW
THAT MEANS YOU ISKATU AND MADZOMBIE AND APOS AND CARDINAL.

Red classic.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 6 7 8 9 1012 >
  Back to forum