Staredit Network > Forums > Null > Topic: SC2 Made Me Depressed
SC2 Made Me Depressed
Sep 4 2010, 6:52 pm
By: LoveLess
Pages: < 1 2 3 >

Sep 6 2010, 2:07 am TiKels Post #21

Quote from rayNimagi
Quote from payne
I'd send qPK, Kaias and Lethal Demented Shaman back in time to teach them. :awesome:

Mapping would be a whole different scene.

"If a topic that clearly interest noone needs to be closed to underline the "we don't want this here" message, is up to debate."

-NudeRaider

Sep 6 2010, 2:38 am Riney Post #22

Thigh high affectionado

Quote from LoveLess
Who else kind of misses the old days of StarCraft and just wishes we could relive 2003-2006?

Me. Except Id finish Apocalypse File #2

Riney#6948 on Discord.
Riney on Steam (Steam)
@RineyCat on Twitter

-- Updated as of December 2021 --

Sep 6 2010, 2:39 am Norm Post #23

Quote from TiKels
Quote from rayNimagi
Quote from payne
I'd send qPK, Kaias and Lethal Demented Shaman back in time to teach them. :awesome:

Mapping would be a whole different scene.

I cannot even begin to comprehend how funny that image is.

None.

Sep 6 2010, 2:53 am TiKels Post #24

Haha I know right? I still laugh at it all the time.

Madzombie made it for devilesk's signature contest...

I felt it was appropriate.

"If a topic that clearly interest noone needs to be closed to underline the "we don't want this here" message, is up to debate."

-NudeRaider

Sep 6 2010, 4:42 am Fire_Kame Post #25

wth is starcraft

hahahaha. :lol: I don't feel bad for you. :)

Um, besides...has it been pointed out that SC was released in 98? o.O wtf

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Sep 6 2010, 8:22 pm by NudeRaider. Reason: play nice in the sandbox

Sep 6 2010, 4:37 pm Alzarath Post #26

Praetor

Quote from LoveLess
Quote from name:Artanis186
StarCraft 2 is here and I'd have it no other way. I'm into the new, not the old. StarCraft 1 gave me lots of good time, but I've moved on.
You might want to try this thing called High Speed Internet then bro.

It's satellite, I have no other options aside from Dial Up.

None.

Sep 6 2010, 4:46 pm Fisty Post #27

I do miss StarCraft mapping/modding, the limits enforced by the game made it fun.

None.

Sep 6 2010, 11:13 pm Riney Post #28

Thigh high affectionado

And the simplicity of the editor was also convenient.

Riney#6948 on Discord.
Riney on Steam (Steam)
@RineyCat on Twitter

-- Updated as of December 2021 --

Sep 7 2010, 12:25 am OlimarandLouie Post #29

Looking upon the sc2 editor is like staring into an infinity tall and wide wall if you don't know what you're doing.

I don't know what I'm doing.

None.

Sep 8 2010, 9:05 pm TiKels Post #30

Quote from OlimarandLouie
Looking upon the sc2 editor is like staring into an infinity tall and wide wall if you don't know what you're doing.

I see it as a giant landscape to paint the most beautiful painting without any limit on dimensions or intensity.

-NudeRaider

Sep 8 2010, 9:10 pm DavidJCobb Post #31

Quote from TiKels

I see it as a giant landscape to paint the most beautiful painting without any limit on dimensions or intensity.
A landscape with exactly four discrete elevations, one of which is unusable. :3

None.

Sep 8 2010, 9:21 pm Ultraviolet Post #32

I definitely miss ye olde days of SC. Mainly friends. But also the wonders of the new discoveries in map making. *sigh* now I feel all nostalgic.

Sep 8 2010, 9:29 pm DavidJCobb Post #33

Quote from Ultraviolet
I definitely miss ye olde days of SC. Mainly friends. But also the wonders of the new discoveries in map making. *sigh* now I feel all nostalgic.
SCII's not nearly as limitless as everyone's assumed. Terrain and pathing are two primary limiting factors. There will be discoveries, believe me.

None.

Sep 8 2010, 9:35 pm TiKels Post #34

Quote from DavidJCobb
Quote from TiKels

A landscape with exactly four discrete elevations, one of which is unusable. :3
I said you could paint anything you want, I didn't say how good your paintbrush is.
Translation:
You can do anything you want in sc2, but some things are harder than others. You can do simulated cliff levels, but not pre-programmed ones.

-NudeRaider

Sep 9 2010, 2:47 am payne Post #35

:payne:

Quote from TiKels
You can do anything you want in sc2, but some things are harder than others.
SC1's EUDs beat SC2 at detecting the mouse position.

None.

Sep 9 2010, 2:51 am DavidJCobb Post #36

Quote from payne
Quote from TiKels
Didn't you, in SC1, need a gigantic assload of triggers just to detect the mouse position for a very small chunk of map?

None.

Sep 9 2010, 3:03 am payne Post #37

:payne:

Quote from DavidJCobb
Quote from payne
Quote from TiKels
Didn't you, in SC1, need a gigantic assload of triggers just to detect the mouse position for a very small chunk of map?
Yes, but at least we -could- detect the mouse's position. Without any event like LEFT CLICK or such required, moreover!

None.

Sep 9 2010, 3:19 am DavidJCobb Post #38

Quote from payne
Quote from DavidJCobb
Quote from payne
Quote from TiKels
Yes, but at least we -could- detect the mouse's position. Without any event like LEFT CLICK or such required, moreover!
I'd rather not be able to do something than have to spend ridiculous amounts of time, effort, and trigs just to get a flimsy implementation of it working. Also, considering the fact that SCII hasn't even been out that long, I'm sure there's an undiscovered way to detect the mouse position at all times -- and it's probably infinitely many times more elegant than SC1's method.

None.

Sep 13 2010, 5:55 am FatalException Post #39

You guys know that there's an event called "periodic event" that runs the trigger every x seconds, right? >.>
Quote from Fire_Kame
hahahaha. :lol: I don't feel bad for you. :)

Um, besides...has it been pointed out that SC was released in 98? o.O wtf
Brood War was released in '98, but vanilla was in '97.

None.

Sep 13 2010, 6:25 am UnholyUrine Post #40

I miss the time when clan orig was thriving with 10-30 people always in the channel.

Everyone and everything was so spontaneous ^.^

I wish I could go back to those times.

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 2 3 >
  Back to forum