Staredit Network > Forums > Staredit Network > Topic: Offical 5.1 helping thread
Offical 5.1 helping thread
Jul 21 2010, 11:15 am
By: Devourer
Pages: < 1 « 6 7 8 9 1019 >

Jul 24 2010, 6:18 am DavidJCobb Post #141

@devilesk: Prefer your first three rank icons -- the sharper, brighter ones.

Quote from Demented Shaman
Quote from poison_us
I don't know if this is doable, but maybe putting the medals under the "Rank: [whatever]" in posts that are long enough to display them. For example, if devilesk had a "Top 30 Activity" medal, it would display under the rank in the previous post.
I don't like that idea, I couldn't care less what medals someone has. If you must implement this add the option to disable it too.
Agree.

None.

Jul 24 2010, 6:22 am BlueWolf Post #142

Quote from DavidJCobb
@devilesk: Prefer your first three rank icons -- the sharper, brighter ones.

Quote from poison_us
I don't know if this is doable, but maybe putting the medals under the "Rank: [whatever]" in posts that are long enough to display them. For example, if devilesk had a "Top 30 Activity" medal, it would display under the rank in the previous post.
I don't like that idea, I couldn't care less what medals someone has. If you must implement this add the option to disable it too.
Agree.
A like button, or +1 button would have sufficed. Add either please.

None.

Jul 24 2010, 6:26 am DavidJCobb Post #143

Dev removed Karma, remember? And only he and IP can add it back, seeing how deeply that'd be tied into the database.

None.

Jul 24 2010, 6:48 am poison_us Post #144

Back* from the grave

Quote from DevliN
We also need some for Staff and GMods.
Forgot staff :rolleyes:
Reg:
Vet:
Elite: EDIT:
GM:
Admin:

EDIT2: Noticed that the "read" has an unsightly corner in the top border. Fix'd:

Post has been edited 3 time(s), last time on Jul 24 2010, 7:38 am by poison_us. Reason: "Noticed" needs an "n".

Jul 24 2010, 6:49 am A_of-s_t Post #145

aka idmontie

Site Index is missing.

Personal GitHub
Starcraft GitHub Organization - Feel free to request member status!
TwitchTV

Jul 24 2010, 7:49 am NudeRaider Post #146

We can't explain the universe, just describe it; and we don't know whether our theories are true, we just know they're not wrong. >Harald Lesch

David, Turtle needs to remain bubbly. We already have enough boxy skins. And remove that awful pink -lol. If you want to make a 2nd version of the Turtle skin, go ahead, but finish the current version first. Thanks.

Poison, when making icons you need to keep one thing in mind: MAKE THEM FUCKING DIFFERENT. (sry for shouting, but that needed emphasis)
Good icons can be recognized a few meters away from your screen. Check epic. the inactives are gray and the actives are bright red and green.
Not like your rank medals where one medal is yellow and the other slightly redish yellow or your read/unread that only have slighly different shape.
Otherwise they are not bad (though I dislike the idea of medals for ranks).

Devilesk made a good edit of the unread icon, but the read icon needs to be a bit darker too imo.

So far his 2nd set of rank icons is best. (1-3 stripes, slighly blurred, no circle)
We don't need a new admin icon since it's already awesome.

Jul 24 2010, 8:26 am Demented Shaman Post #147

Post has been edited 2 time(s), last time on Jul 24 2010, 8:36 am by Demented Shaman.

None.

Jul 24 2010, 11:58 am Devourer Post #148

Hello

These are actually very nice :)
Thanks.

Please report errors in the Staredit.Network forum.

Jul 24 2010, 3:46 pm A_of-s_t Post #149

aka idmontie

Quote from Devourer

Thanks.
Agreed. The badges don't make any sense to me, but this is visually obvious as to what your rank is.

Personal GitHub
TwitchTV

Jul 24 2010, 4:51 pm DavidJCobb Post #150

Quote from NudeRaider
David, Turtle needs to remain bubbly. We already have enough boxy skins. And remove that awful pink -lol. If you want to make a 2nd version of the Turtle skin, go ahead, but finish the current version first. Thanks.
The pink, again, was a scrapped color I was thinking of using for visited links. Scrapped it because most of SEN's links are internal, and topics could be updated after having visited them; in such cases, a visited link color is worthless, because there's still content behind such links that you haven't yet seen.

Quote from A_of-s_t
Quote from Devourer

Thanks.
Agreed. The badges don't make any sense to me, but this is visually obvious as to what your rank is.
Love the middle set. They're sharp, bright, colorful. :D For ranks like global moderator, though, I would prefer ones done similar to poison's: medals. Effectively, there'd be a ribbon bar theme, with the mods getting attached medals.

None.

Jul 24 2010, 5:00 pm MadZombie Post #151

Personally I dislike Poisons ribbon idea because they look like awards. I guess a rank would be an award but I don't think it compliments any skin very well atm. I think Devilesks second set in the 3 sets he posted look the best atm although they seem a big plain, the colors are find just the design. Regardless those are the best atm.

Maybe have something like :
/ = regular

X = Veteran

(X) = Elite

None.

Jul 24 2010, 5:06 pm Wing Zero Post #152

Magic box god; Suck it Corbo

They look wierd in my opinon, I suggest something like this:

(not all of them of course, just pick a couple and work with them)

Jul 24 2010, 5:09 pm Devourer Post #153

Hello

Private Corporal Sergeant could be a nice combi, and gunenry sergeant and master sergeant for gmod/admins :)

Please report errors in the Staredit.Network forum.

Jul 24 2010, 5:28 pm ImagoDeo Post #154

Quote from Devourer
Private Corporal Sergeant could be a nice combi, and gunenry sergeant and master sergeant for gmod/admins :)

PLEASE. Anything but these crappy bars.

None.

Jul 24 2010, 5:30 pm Aristocrat Post #155

One star, two stars, three stars.

PROBLEM SOLVED.

None.

Jul 24 2010, 5:45 pm MadZombie Post #156

Lol. how about we mix and match everyones work for each rank then have one person mess with the colors for them all to be the same because having them be different colors looks bad. IMO they should all be one color.

Also, even though I didnt use it I think the color should be the same yellow the old icons were as they compliment both skins the best. again thats imo.

None.

Jul 24 2010, 5:47 pm Adeon Post #157

I actually find the old ranking graphics pretty sexy. But honestly, now with these bars I prefer not to be promoted to regular anymore.

None.

Jul 24 2010, 5:47 pm A_of-s_t Post #158

aka idmontie

Quote from Wing Zero
They look wierd in my opinon, I suggest something like this:

(not all of them of course, just pick a couple and work with them)
Do want.

Personal GitHub
TwitchTV

Jul 24 2010, 5:54 pm LoveLess Post #159

Let me show you how to hump without making love.

Why don't we do something star-craft-y for a change. I mean, I know it sounds crazy, when in SEN's history have we done SC related things.

None.

Jul 24 2010, 5:58 pm MadZombie Post #160

Mineral chunk, Gold mineral chunk, Shiny glowing purple mineral chunk.gif

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 6 7 8 9 1019 >
  Back to forum