Staredit Network > Forums > Staredit Network > Topic: Offical 5.1 helping thread
Offical 5.1 helping thread
Jul 21 2010, 11:15 am
By: Devourer
Pages: < 1 « 16 17 18 19 >

Jul 26 2010, 11:57 pm Centreri Post #341

Relatively ancient and inactive

Adeon, wasted horizontal space isn't really an issue. It actually helps center sigs, which is nice.

None.

Jul 27 2010, 1:09 am DavidJCobb Post #342

I'll hopefully be able to release an update to the Forum Index tomorrow, when Dev's online to see it.

Ready changes
  • Unfortunately, the Google Chrome/Safari bug with forum backgrounds on the new index could only be fixed by removing said backgrounds for those browsers. I could not find a workaround or hack that would allow WebKit-based browsers to display forum images without glitching; the best I could do was find a hack to remove said images from said browsers altogether. When the new forum index code is released, these browsers will not display forum images.
  • Collapsed links will use images instead of text and show the right cursor when hovered over.
  • The margins on the current (old) version of the Forum Index will be implemented in the new code.

Remaining changes
  • I couldn't reproduce the Opera bug on my local copy of the files. I have no clue what happened or whether it'll happen again. It's like Opera completely ignored all of my forum-index-related CSS; given some other moronic quirks I've found in the browser, I am frustrated but unsurprised.
  • Site navigation submenus will have black borders and possibly CSS3 drop shadows.
  • I need to add a brighter gradient on forum index section headers.

@Devourer: Profiles should show some indication that a member is suspended or banned.

None.

Jul 27 2010, 1:26 am poison_us Post #343

Back* from the grave

Quote from DavidJCobb
Unfortunately, the Google Chrome/Safari bug with forum backgrounds on the new index could only be fixed by removing said backgrounds for those browsers. I could not find a workaround or hack that would allow WebKit-based browsers to display forum images without glitching; the best I could do was find a hack to remove said images from said browsers altogether. When the new forum index code is released, these browsers will not display forum images.

I see no problem with the forum...and I'm on chrome. The table error doesn't display for me.

Jul 27 2010, 1:31 am DavidJCobb Post #344

That's because the Forum Index isn't using the new code yet. I implemented it last night, which was when it first broke. I'll hopefully be able to implement it tomorrow while Dev's on, so he can criticize the visual changes in real time.

None.

Jul 27 2010, 1:58 am poison_us Post #345

Back* from the grave

No, the error everyone is reporting doesn't display, and the table looks perfect for me.

Jul 27 2010, 2:00 am DavidJCobb Post #346

Sorry, I wasn't clear enough. I tested it last night, Devourer reverted it back to the old code (thanks, Dev, I'd forgotten to do that myself), and I plan on implementing it tomorrow with the appropriate bugfixes, compromises, and selectively-omitted features, assuming that I can have it ready while Dev's online and not "busy" and hence able to criticize me in real-time as I test.

None.

Jul 27 2010, 2:10 am Centreri Post #347

Relatively ancient and inactive

*cringe*

None.

Jul 27 2010, 2:27 am DavidJCobb Post #348

Quote from Centreri
*cringe*
@?

None.

Jul 27 2010, 2:45 am DT_Battlekruser Post #349

Quote from Adeon
I hand-made this preview, it won't be exactly as it is.

Actually, it was DTBK's idea of making icons twice the size of the online/offline button to put on the place of the "Rank: Veteran", so it's better he talk about this =o

Yes, the image bars are the general idea. I think it's a pain in the ass to have to hover over the rank icons to learn what they mean. If anything, the rank icon should be omitted from main post display. They should be managed in whatever way is visually appealing, but images are better than text, imo.

None.

Jul 27 2010, 8:09 pm poison_us Post #350

Back* from the grave

:sacrifice:

Jul 27 2010, 8:19 pm rockz Post #351

ᴄʜᴇᴇsᴇ ɪᴛ!

Please no spoilers. I don't understand it and I don't really want to. AFAIK, no more smileys to be added.

"Parliamentary inquiry, Mr. Chairman - do we have to call the Gentleman a gentleman if he's not one?"

Jul 27 2010, 8:45 pm Adeon Post #352

Quote from rockz
Please no spoilers. I don't understand it and I don't really want to. AFAIK, no more smileys to be added.
Agreed.

None.

Jul 27 2010, 8:46 pm LoTu)S Post #353

It's Sc1 reference?

None.

Jul 27 2010, 9:19 pm Wing Zero Post #354

Magic box god; Suck it Corbo

It looks pretty bad imo. Maybe zerg kerry would look better

Jul 27 2010, 10:10 pm poison_us Post #355

Back* from the grave

Quote from LoTu)S
It's Sc1 reference?
'Twas. SC1 reference with SC2 video's Kerrigan.

Jul 29 2010, 5:17 pm Wing Zero Post #356

Magic box god; Suck it Corbo

...Did you add these yet?

Jul 29 2010, 7:46 pm LoTu)S Post #357

What's the star for?

Regular->Veteran->Elite->Admin. (which is globe)

None.

Jul 29 2010, 7:56 pm ImagoDeo Post #358

Quote from Wing Zero

Yeah, they're in under '5.1 by DJC.'

None.

Jul 29 2010, 8:45 pm rockz Post #359

ᴄʜᴇᴇsᴇ ɪᴛ!

Quote from ImagoDeo
Quote from Wing Zero

DJC's are different from those.

Dev is AFK right now. I think he'll be back next week, unless the person in the shoutbox saying he got in a car accident wasn't lying.

"Parliamentary inquiry, Mr. Chairman - do we have to call the Gentleman a gentleman if he's not one?"

Jul 29 2010, 8:51 pm Adeon Post #360

Quote from ImagoDeo
Quote from Wing Zero

They aren't the same. See mine/DJC's icon: /
Nice to see someone wanting them though. I don't know if dev is really going to replace them since some people like the current ones for being clearer/brighter.
I've no idea what the star is for. I made it because David's set has one too :P

EDIT: in any case, I remade them harder, better, faster, stronger:
Here's the reason of my concern about the lack of outlines. The pic below shows my vet icon/DJC's on a fairly bright background:

See how his icon vanishes?

Post has been edited 3 time(s), last time on Jul 29 2010, 9:39 pm by Adeon.

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 16 17 18 19 >
  Back to forum