Staredit Network > Forums > Games > Topic: League of Legends
League of Legends
May 25 2010, 6:33 am
By: poison_us
Pages: < 1 « 67 68 69 70 71127 >

Jan 26 2011, 5:48 pm poison_us Post #1361

Back* from the grave

As a sidenote, a large number of the champions in LoL are left handed when it makes no sense for them to be. Take Pantheon, for example...he holds his spear in his left hand. Bad form for a soldier wielding a shield, considering he's holding the shield on the opposite side of his heart. That's the main reason why we're mostly right-handed nowadays.

Oh, and I could compile a list, but I don't feel like fuck it, I've got nothing better to do. Will edit with lefties.

EDIT: By looking through the champion_portraits folder:
Definite: Sivir
Teemo
Singed
Twitch
Karthus
Janna
(Mundo's picture shows his cleaver in his left hand, but from in-game stuff I know he's a rightie)
Gangplank (has both sword and gun, but swords should logically be in the strong arm, I'm calling him a leftie)
Taric
LeBlanc
Nidalee
Vlad
Pantheon

I left out some I couldn't tell (like Yi), and people with staffs might actually be right handed. When they held a staff, I tried to remember how they cast spells/attacks, such as Veigar, who uses his right hand for everything but autoattacks.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Jan 26 2011, 6:02 pm by poison_us.

Jan 26 2011, 9:47 pm Neki Post #1362

I want a new Lux skin/sale, but I guess they haven't released any new stuff for any of the new heroes yet, but they should. Tired of MF getting all the awesome skins. >_> Maybe I should start playing again. ;)

None.

Jan 26 2011, 9:57 pm DevliN Post #1363

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

Quote from name:Dem0nS1ayer
Karthus is the most rigged piece of shit I've ever seen. How is being able to hit every enemy champion across the entire map fair? Not to mention he can still cast right after he dies and is able to accumulate a massive amount of ability power. God damn.
Just sayin'.

There will be a lot of champs you face that seem OP because of stuff like that. You'll get used to it and find ways to counter.

\:devlin\: Currently Working On: \:devlin\:
My Overwatch addiction.

Jan 26 2011, 10:02 pm Neki Post #1364

Quote from DevliN
Quote from name:Dem0nS1ayer
Karthus is the most rigged piece of shit I've ever seen. How is being able to hit every enemy champion across the entire map fair? Not to mention he can still cast right after he dies and is able to accumulate a massive amount of ability power. God damn.
Just sayin'.

There will be a lot of champs you face that seem OP because of stuff like that. You'll get used to it and find ways to counter.

Demonslayer is lucky anyways, Pantheon was much much worse for newbies pre-hotfix. Pantheon is a one trick pony when it comes to dps, so once you get past that, he's cake.

None.

Jan 27 2011, 9:16 am EzDay281 Post #1365

Bad form for a soldier wielding a shield, considering he's holding the shield on the opposite side of his heart.
The difference is, what, half an inch overall? Given that Pantheon's a Spartan rip-off, it's far more important that his handedness match his phalanx-mates. And the handedness of one's opponent significantly effects mechanics of combat; assuming one can assemble an entire squad of lefties, they should be at an advantage because they're simply unusual.
That's the main reason why we're mostly right-handed nowadays
...what. Citation?
I left out some I couldn't tell (like Yi)
Judging from pictures, Master Yi's right-hand holds the upper portion of the handle, which at least suggests he's right-handed.

None.

Jan 27 2011, 1:33 pm LoveLess Post #1366

Let me show you how to hump without making love.

League Champion Kassadin is on the run after a failed attempt to prevent a sacrificial ritual, resulting in a major blackout within Zaun. According to witnesses, he discharged Void energy in an attempt to save a young woman from being sacrificed at the hands of fellow League Champion Malzahar. The energy was sucked into a hexvein conduit feeding into the nexus powering the southern district, causing extensive damage that will take Zaunite techmaturgical crews several days to repair.

Malzahar’s presence in Zaun attests to the existence of a growing subculture of Void worshippers. The self-proclaimed “prophet” is still met with intense skepticism, however, with Valoranian leadership equating his bodements to nattering gossip.

Despite his extremist views, Malzahar has found an audience. He appeared in Zaun’s southern district this morning with several hundred cultist followers, chanting in an unknown dialect. The gathering quickly escalated into a rally of both void worshippers and protesters alike, with the Prophet floating above a hexvein power node in the center of the crowd. Onlookers say the group soon carried a bound young woman out to Malzahar, over whom he initiated a sacrificial spell and caused his dagger to magically levitate above her.

It was at that moment that Kassadin abruptly materialized, dressed in full League regalia. He activated his sword and pointed it at Malzahar. A participant at the event, who refused to give his name, recorded the exchange between the champions. We transcribed a portion of it:

[Pulsing sound followed by shuffling and startled screams]

Kassadin: “Malzahar! Get away from her! She is not yours!”

Malzahar: “Brother! Enlightened Walker of the Path! Join us!”

Kassadin: “Don’t patronize me, mage! You threaten the balance! Let her go!”

[Another pulse sound, a woman’s scream, and a small explosion]

Malzahar: “See what you’ve done! This is your doing!”

Kassadin: “No!”

[Static]

Our source described what happened: “It all happened very fast. Kassadin appeared just like Malzahar said he would. The blast that Kassadin sent toward the Prophet seemed to pull itself to the dagger instead. When it hit, the dagger glowed and cut a hole open into the air. Like lightning, a shadow grabbed the woman and dragged her in. She disappeared! The explosion as the hole closed was what destroyed that power node caused it to absorb the majority of the blast. A purple glow flowed down the conduit, causing fluctuations as it reached the nexus.

Zaun Security Supervisor, Rhoman Plath, made a statement soon after:

“Void Cultists are a crock, to be frank. We will be looking into the incident, but sadly, the death of one person is not news here in Zaun. We are in pursuit of Kassadin, seeing as he is the culprit behind the blackout. Unfortunately, as my men have informed me, he is nearly impossible to catch, so we hope he will come forward of his own volition. As for the victim’s identity, our initial investigation has suggested that this woman may, in fact, be Kassadin’s daughter.””

Haven't been reading this crap until I got bored and finally opened up the little feather to see what the fuck is up. I, my friends, believe a woman is in the future ranks of the Void folk. Possibly a very Spiteful one. Been reading some older ones as well, there was stuff about Luxanna four months before she was even released.

None.

Jan 27 2011, 1:43 pm OlimarandLouie Post #1367

Kassadin has a daughter? :awesome:

None.

Jan 27 2011, 2:48 pm poison_us Post #1368

Back* from the grave

Quote from EzDay281
...what. Citation?
Logic. Also, read it on some site somewhere a couple years ago. Wasn't aware this was SD and I needed citations, but here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Handedness

But as time passed, they noticed that when they attacked the left part of the chest (i.e. the heart) the kill was faster(i.e. the victim would die faster). Later when he started advancing in technology, he started to use a shield for defense. But as they knew that the weak point was on the left of the chest (heart), the shield was used with the left hand and attacking was done using the right hand. Thus man started to use the right hand more for attacking and thus the right hand was used for more specific and specialized fine movements and the left for broader, contextual movements as in a shield where accuracy is not so much required until the attack is blocked.
No, I didn't edit in the (parenthetical expressions), I just copied and pasted, even though the second should have a space after the first "faster".

Quote from OlimarandLouie
Kassadin has a daughter? :awesome:
...She probably won't play like Kassadin (see: Lux & Garen).

Jan 27 2011, 7:16 pm EzDay281 Post #1369

Logic. Also, read it on some site somewhere a couple years ago. Wasn't aware this was SD and I needed citations, but here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Handedness
Who said anything about "need"ing citations? You said something rather odd, so I questioned it - it's an element of conversation.

None.

Jan 27 2011, 7:30 pm poison_us Post #1370

Back* from the grave

Quote from EzDay281
Who said anything about "need"ing citations? You said something rather odd, so I questioned it - it's an element of conversation.
Quote from EzDay281
...what. Citation?
;)

Jan 27 2011, 7:52 pm EzDay281 Post #1371

A bemused request for citation doesn't contradict my statement that noone said anything about it being needed. :P
Like I said, it's an element of conversation.

None.

Jan 29 2011, 3:41 pm OlimarandLouie Post #1372

http://www.leagueoflegends.com/news/new-champion-approaches-karma-enlightened-one

Lore:

Even in her youth, Karma exhibited almost superhuman composure. While her peers explored the torrent of emotions that came with adolescence, Karma meditated in the Lotus Gardens. She was convinced that the true path to enlightenment was a journey inward, to a place within the self, overlooked by most. She exuded such inner contentment that she quickly became a go-to mediator and confidante in her village. Her instructors used to say: "That girl can not only weather a storm, but calm it." Karma did not live extravagantly; her parents owned a local business selling antiques in the Navori province and they often struggled to provide for themselves, though they did so with cheery optimism. Her most prized possessions were two exquisite fans taken from her family's shop.

When Noxian troops invaded southern Ionia, her village was one of the first to fall. The villagers who survived the assault were captured by Noxian forces. It was then that Karma found her calling. By exploiting the insecurities of the Noxian commander, she negotiated the safe release of the villagers to the northern lands. She was present at the Placidium, where the Elders had considered surrender until Irelia's impassioned last stand renewed the Ionians' hope. Karma used this hope to solidify the Elders' commitment to remain defiant against the Noxian onslaught. For her devotion and charisma, Karma was made the figurehead of the Ionian resistance. She never compromised, and she shared every hardship with her people, even when it came to combat. By tapping into her inner resilience, she discovered that she could bring great force to bear against her foes on the battlefield. She modified her fans into lethal implements, and was tutored by Janna to enhance their effects. The Noxians called her "The Enlightened One," a nickname she embraced, and one which they would come to dread. She joined the League to represent Ionia in the ultimate political arena.

"Her fan technique is a deadly art of grace and poise, but her truest strength lies in the hearts of those willing to die alongside her." –Irelia, the Will of the Blades

Abilities:

Heavenly Wave: Karma sends forth a wave of hidden blades from her fans, dealing magic damage to units in a cone in front of her.

Mantra Bonus: In addition to dealing damage to enemies, Heavenly Wave will also heal allies in the cone. The amount healed is amplified depending upon the amount of life Karma, or her allies are missing
Spirit Bond: Karma bonds an ally or enemy creating a beam between them. Bonded allies have increased movement speed and bonded enemies have reduced movement speed. Enemy units that come in contact with the beam take magic damage, and champions who pass through the beam receive the same movement speed modifier as bonded champions.

Mantra Bonus: Karma imbues the beam to grant bonus movement speed to any ally that passes through the beam. Any enemy that passes through the beam suffers reduced movement speedKarma strengthens the bond to double the effect of the movement speed modifier.
Soul Shield: Karma summons a protective shield that absorbs incoming damage.

Mantra Bonus: In addition to the shield, energy radiates out from the shield, dealing damage to enemy units around the recipient.
Mantra (Ultimate): Karma empowers her next ability to do an additional effect. Mantra is available at level 1 and does not require a skill point.

Inner Flame (Passive): Karma gains increased Ability Power corresponding to her missing Health.

None.

Jan 29 2011, 5:51 pm Echo Post #1373

http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=476596

2 More champions after Karma

None.

Jan 30 2011, 2:41 am poison_us Post #1374

Back* from the grave

Game wasn't too eventful, but the post-game chat...gotta love the pub Mundo ^^

Jan 30 2011, 10:33 am NudeRaider Post #1375

We can't explain the universe, just describe it; and we don't know whether our theories are true, we just know they're not wrong. >Harald Lesch

god, you sucked that game poison.

Jan 30 2011, 4:40 pm poison_us Post #1376

Back* from the grave

Yo, Nude, there's a difference between a straight, balanced tank and a tank carry. I was the former.

Plus Oli KS'd me because he's a noob.

Jan 31 2011, 12:38 am Bar Refaeli Post #1377

Karma's spirit bond ability looks insanely fun.

None.

Feb 1 2011, 11:06 am OlimarandLouie Post #1378

None.

Feb 1 2011, 12:52 pm poison_us Post #1379

Back* from the grave

She doesn't look OP at all...

Feb 1 2011, 9:44 pm OlimarandLouie Post #1380

Quote from name:Riot Games
Release Notes v1.0.0.110

New Skins in the Store
Sun Goddess Karma
Sakura Karma
Lion Dance Kog’Maw
Djinn Malzahar

League of Legends v1.0.0.110

Karma, the Enlightened One

Heavenly Wave: Karma sends forth hidden blades from her fans, dealing magic damage to units in a cone in front of her. Mantra Bonus: In addition to dealing damage to enemies, Heavenly Wave will also heal allies in the cone based on a % of their missing life.
Spirit Bond: Karma bonds an ally or enemy creating a beam between them. Allied anchors have increased movement speed and enemy anchors have reduced movement speed. Enemy units that come in contact with the beam take magic damage. Karma strengthens the bond to double the effect of the movement speed modifier.
Soul Shield: Karma summons a protective shield that absorbs incoming damage. Mantra Bonus: In addition to casting the shield, energy radiates out from the shield dealing damage to enemy units around Karma's target.
Mantra: Karma empowers her next ability to do an additional effect. Mantra is available at level 1 and does not require a skill point.
Inner Flame (passive): Karma gains increased Ability Power corresponding to her % of missing Health.

Akali

Twin Disciplines no longer deals bonus damage to towers

Cassiopeia

Twin Fang range increased to 700 from 675

Ezreal

Rising Spell Force now has a particle to indicate the amount of stacks
Fixed a tooltip bug that stated Ezreal was gaining 15% per stack instead of 10%
Fixed a bug where some of Ezreal's spells were displaying incorrect text on cast

Galio

Resolute Smite's area of effect size and projectile speed have been increased slightly

Gragas

Fixed a bug where Barrel Roll was not properly drawing aggro from towers and monsters

Jax

Fixed a bug where Jax would lose health while leveling in some instances

Katarina

Death Lotus
Base Damage per dagger increased to 50/65/80 from 40/50/60
Ability power ratio reduced to .25 from .3
Attack damage ratio reduced to .5 from .55

Miss Fortune

Fixed a bug where Strut sometimes wouldn't show a particle while active
Fixed a bug with Bullet Time where it would occasionally scale off of ability power instead of attack damage even though attack damage provided slightly more overall damage

Mordekaiser

Fixed a bug with Iron Man where the tooltip said it had 5% decay but was actually 3%
Shield generation increased to 25/27.5/30% from 20/25/30%

Olaf

Fixed a bug where Undertow could not deal damage to the same target within 1 second of the previous hit

Rammus
Powerball slow duration reduced to 3 seconds from 4
Powerball slow percent reduced to 20/25/30/35/40 from 28/36/44/52/60

Renekton

Cull the Meek
Cooldown changed to 8 seconds from 12/11/10/9/8
Base damage increased to 60/90/120/150/180 from 40/70/100/130/160
Attack Damage ratio increased to 0.8 from 0.6
Healing reduced to 7.5% from 15% (Fury-enhanced heal unaffected)
Champion healing increased to 4x from 3x
Ruthless Predator cooldown reduced to 13/12/11/10/9 from 14/13/12/11/10
Slice and Dice armor reduction changed to 15/17.5/20/22.5/25% from 10/15/20/25/30
General
Health per level increased to 87 from 82
Base health increased to 513 from 508
Armor per level increased to 3.8 from 3.2
Base armor increased to 19 from 17.2
Fixed a bug where Renekton was gaining bonus attack damage while wounded

Shaco

Fixed a bug where Deceive could be dodged

Soraka

Astral Blessing
Base heal changed to 60/120/180/240/300 from 80/130/180/230/280
Ability power ratio reduced to 0.9 from 1
Buff duration reduced to 4 from 9
Armor buff increased to 20/35/50/65/80 from 15/20/25/30/35
Removed Innervating Locket from her tips

Teemo

Move Quick - Ability Rework
Passive - Now grants 10/15/20/25/30% increased movement speed until struck by a champion or turret
Active - Teemo gains double his passive move speed for 4 seconds. This bonus is not lost on hit

Vladimir

Sanguine Pool
Slow percentage reduced to 40% from 50%
Slow duration reduced to 1 second from 1.5 seconds
Tides of Blood health cost reduced to 30/40/50/60/70 from 30/45/60/75/90
Fixed a bug where Vladimir would lose health when leveling in some instances

Items

Boots of Speed now shows Ionian Boots of Lucidity as a build option instead of Ninja Tabi
Doran's Shield
Cost increased to 475 from 435
Armor increased to 9 from 8
Health regen per 5 seconds increased to 10 from 8

Doran's Blade
Damage increased to 9 from 8

Doran's Ring
Mana regen per 5 seconds increased to 5 from 4
Last Whisper cost increased to 2290 from 2090
Fixed a bug with Lich Bane where the cost was inadvertently increased and the mana gain lowered
Rabadon's Deathcap cost increased to 3600 from 3400

Summoner Spells

Rally
Fixed a bug where Rally provided ability power whether or not you had the mastery
Fixed a bug where Rally was granting less ability power and attack damage than it stated
Each unit now gains ability power and attack damage based on the caster's level, rather than each individual unit's level

Masteries

Strength of Spirit mana to health regeneration converted reduced by about 33% and clarified the tooltip to show that it was regeneration per 5 seconds
Meditation mana regeneration reduced by 40%
Veteran's Scars health reduced to 12/24/36/48 from 15/30/45/60

Runes

Clarity Runes reduced in effectiveness by about 33%
Quintessences of Fortitude reduced in effectiveness by about 20%

General

Fixed several spells that did not preload properly, causing a delay the first time used in game
Adjusted many champions' PVP.net attack, defense, spell, and difficulty ratings
Removed many PVP.net tags (like heal, stun, and pet) and made the remaining tags more accurate
Updated many Champion's recommended item lists
All Champions with mana had their base mana regeneration increased by 2.5 mana per 5 seconds and mana regeneration per 5 seconds per level increased by 0.2
Dragon is now immune to disables

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 67 68 69 70 71127 >
  Back to forum