What map should be made?
What map should be made?
Answer Votes Percentage % Voters
Zombie Map 29

70%
Pirate Map 13

31%
Please login to vote.
Poll has 42 votes. You can vote for at most 1 option(s).

Apr 7 2010, 7:43 am JaFF Post #41

Go right ahead and use anything you need.

Truth be told, I lost faith in these team projects. Though you are more than welcome to use my map, me pointing it out was a subtle hint that if you don't use it, the project will fail. There's just too much work to do; people don't finish maps on their own, let alone in a team where they must have specific roles and responsibilities. When it comes to mapping, we're not team players. It's like team-painting. So the less work you have to do the more likely your project will get anywhere.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Apr 7 2010, 7:50 am by JaFF.

None.

Apr 7 2010, 12:32 pm New-Guy Post #42

I'm not sure if I'm a bit too late for input, but I'm against a Zombie map. There's way too many Zombie maps already out, and not many of them seem to be really good for me. They all seem the boring, generic, same-old thing. Whereas Pirates is a very unused type of map. The only Pirate map that comes to mind is Pirate Dyne, and that, even if it was a great map, was very small.
If you're going to do something Pirate-y (which is looking doubtful at this point) I'd be willing to help out in whatever way I'm needed.

None.

Apr 7 2010, 1:16 pm lil-Inferno Post #43

Just here for the pie

Quote from New-Guy
I'm not sure if I'm a bit too late for input, but I'm against a Zombie map. There's way too many Zombie maps already out, and not many of them seem to be really good for me. They all seem the boring, generic, same-old thing.
That's exactly why I started this project - to make one that's actually good.

Apr 7 2010, 3:46 pm LoveLess Post #44

Let me show you how to hump without making love.

...Eh, I guess I will help out.

None.

Apr 7 2010, 4:15 pm TiKels Post #45

Quote from e(x)iLe
if they are at 10% or less HP.
I'm just gonna point out how -almost- impossible this is, and I doubt it would ever be completed if we opted for this idea, and even then it is such a small aspect that it wouldn't be worth it.
Noob? Not trying to troll or anything but I mean... come on!
Your lack of knowledge of mapping shows.

Quote from LoveLess
...Eh, I guess I will help out.
This sums up my feelings for this. So far "moderation" actions (by Inf) on this project have seemed out of place or poorly done; team projects have always seemed to fail anyway. I am going to help but I am not optimistic.

"If a topic that clearly interest noone needs to be closed to underline the "we don't want this here" message, is up to debate."

-NudeRaider

Apr 7 2010, 4:25 pm CecilSunkure Post #46

I'll help out if I'm needed. I can mass generate triggers with ProTrg, so if you want any trigger systems that will require the use of ProTrg, I'll gladly do it ^^

None.

Apr 7 2010, 7:04 pm lil-Inferno Post #47

Just here for the pie

Quote from CecilSunkure
I'll help out if I'm needed. I can mass generate triggers with ProTrg, so if you want any trigger systems that will require the use of ProTrg, I'll gladly do it ^^
If it's ever needed, I know who to contact :).

Apr 7 2010, 8:31 pm xnikozx Post #48

Quote from TiKels
Edit: The long list of zombie characters has such horrendous grammar that it makes me shudder down to the tips of my toes.

Oh! I'm so sorry because I don't care on the less important thing late at night ¬¬, I just wanted to give ideas that I think are good so please don't f**k me ¬¬

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Apr 7 2010, 8:42 pm by xnikozx.

None.

Apr 7 2010, 9:30 pm poison_us Post #49

Back* from the grave

Quote from JaFF
So the less work you have to do the more likely your project will get anywhere.
I take it Ahli is the exception?

Apr 7 2010, 10:46 pm JaFF Post #50

Quote from poison_us
Quote from JaFF
So the less work you have to do the more likely your project will get anywhere.
I take it Ahli is the exception?
I said "likely", not "definitely". :P

None.

Apr 8 2010, 12:12 am e(x)iLe Post #51

Quote from TiKels
Quote from e(x)iLe
I'm just gonna point out how -almost- impossible this is, and I doubt it would ever be completed if we opted for this idea, and even then it is such a small aspect that it wouldn't be worth it.

Yeah, I am a noob at mapping which is why I'm only contributing ideas. If it's not possible then it's not possible; I don't have a problem with people rejecting my ideas.

None.

Apr 8 2010, 12:31 am lil-Inferno Post #52

Just here for the pie

Quote from e(x)iLe
Quote from TiKels
Quote from e(x)iLe

Yeah, I am a noob at mapping which is why I'm only contributing ideas. If it's not possible then it's not possible; I don't have a problem with people rejecting my ideas.
I'm okay with it. At least you're contributing.

Apr 8 2010, 4:16 pm lil-Inferno Post #53

Just here for the pie

I'm going to begin working on the map today. Just the basic stuff like life after death and setting up some things. Heck, maybe I'll even do some terraining.

EDIT: Anyone is still free to join in even though I'm beginning the project.

Apr 8 2010, 4:27 pm Kaias Post #54

A Zombie map is a waste of collaborative effort whereas an RPG would be much better and something that people could actually contribute to. I may help this out if I like it enough (Edit:) and it's not a zombie map.

None.

Apr 8 2010, 6:54 pm lil-Inferno Post #55

Just here for the pie

It's going to be a non-linear zombie RPG, not a stupid "defend this place until the helicopter arrives" sort of thing. A pirate map seemed like it would be limited to just raiding merchant ships and having sea battles, whereas a zombie RPG has many possibilities that haven't been on Starcraft zombie maps. Plenty of contributions have been made so far ranging from ideas to terrain to conceptual maps.

Apr 9 2010, 6:35 pm samsizzle Post #56

Okay, zombie map for sure, with a nice EUD ammo system for cooldown detection, maybe order detection for grenades or something. I tried making a zombie map based off of noise, the more noise you made the more zombies would spawn and if you were silent or hid for a while they would go away. So it was possible to play the game without having to book it from a horde of zombies. A really really awesome vehicle system would be fantastic too, shared vehicles where if the driver got out the passenger would take his place.

The only thing I could really do in sync with other people would be terrain, so if you need any. ask.

None.

Apr 9 2010, 7:04 pm Apos Post #57

I order you to forgive yourself!

Quote from samsizzle
A really really awesome vehicle system would be fantastic too, shared vehicles where if the driver got out the passenger would take his place.

With EUD actions, I was able to turn any unit I wanted into a transport or a bunker. It was pretty funny to see how a marine could fit a tank into it.

Apr 9 2010, 7:16 pm lil-Inferno Post #58

Just here for the pie

I'm trying to avoid EUDs as much as possible because really we don't need to use them.

Apr 9 2010, 7:30 pm ImagoDeo Post #59

Quote from lil-Inferno
I'm trying to avoid EUDs as much as possible because really we don't need to use them.

This.

On a side note, I'll contribute any concept ideas I come up with. I doubt that I could actually help build the map, but I could easily submit some ideas.

None.

Apr 9 2010, 8:18 pm Apos Post #60

I order you to forgive yourself!

Really, we don't really need EUD to make a unit enter an other unit... All you have to do is move the unit that enters somewhere else and then play the .wav. After that, get a system to get the units out when needed.

Options
Pages: < 1 2 3 4 5 >
  Back to forum