Staredit Network > Forums > Portal News > Topic: Staredit.Net is back online ;o
Staredit.Net is back online ;o
This topic is locked. You can no longer write replies here.
Aug 28 2007, 7:21 am
By: Forsaken Archer
Pages: < 1 « 5 6 7 8 9 >

Sep 23 2007, 11:54 pm Money Post #121

Maplantis?

None.

Sep 27 2007, 5:16 am BRu.Smile Post #122

It's Alive!!!
Welcome back SEN, now we wait for SCII.

None.

Aug 14 2010, 12:27 am Vrael Post #123

Quote from BRu.Smile
It's Alive!!!
Welcome back SEN, now we wait for SCII.

Just so everyone knows, this is the Ultimate Necro. type staredit.net/1/1, cant get any earlier posts/topics than this.

Secondly, now is a good time to stop and smell the roses. SCII is here, but where are we? Minerals are back, Devlin's our admin, Moose is all but gone, IP is still ghost-like, Devourer's been coding in his place, there are rumors of a SENv6, and we finally have a working DLDB (improvements to come?). So, who knows how to use the SC2 editor so far? How much SEN is in your maps? Is this the rise of another 'golden age' for SEN, or has SC2Mapster eaten us alive? Anyone know of any good custom SC2 maps so far? I don't mean like, "GOLEM WARZ v1234567.35", but like, a new map on SC2 that isn't on SC1. Hi SEN :D

None.

Aug 14 2010, 12:35 am BlueWolf Post #124

I've had sc2 since the day of release, and I only opened the map editor once. Everything was too confusing for my feeble mind. I have absolutely no motivation to make maps on sc2, and especially to try and learn how to use the triggers. Why am I here then? For the melee. I'm done mapping.

None.

Aug 14 2010, 2:24 am DevliN Post #125

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

So far, SC2Mapster is eating us alive. Who knows what will happen in the future, though.

I understand the Data Editor more then the Triggers, so far, but I have 4 or 5 maps in the works, all with SEN logos on them. :D

\:devlin\: Currently Working On: \:devlin\:
My Overwatch addiction.

Aug 14 2010, 2:29 am Riney Post #126

Thigh high affectionado

WE SHALL FIGHT THEM. TO ARMS SEN.

Brb making a really shitty good map to spread fast to yield SEN some +rep

Riney#6948 on Discord.
Riney on Steam (Steam)
@RineyCat on Twitter

-- Updated as of December 2021 --

Aug 14 2010, 10:25 am Devourer Post #127

Hello

Bad necro, but whatever, we do not fucking care about sc2mapster. At least I don't.
I' in a mapping project right now.

Please report errors in the Staredit.Network forum.

Aug 14 2010, 11:12 am Undead-Fox Post #128

Y'know... instead of warring, why not try to join forces as affiliates or something.
SC2Mapster has some really helpful stuff over there, and I think at the moment, it's more widely known by the general public than SEN is anymore.
SEN seems to be mostly just olde time regulars from BW days. There's still the occassional new guy, but... still.

None.

Aug 14 2010, 12:31 pm payne Post #129

:payne:

Quote from Undead-Fox
Y'know... instead of warring, why not try to join forces as affiliates or something.
Sixen is kind of categoric: he doesn't want to give SEN additional traffic.

None.

Aug 14 2010, 2:45 pm BlueWolf Post #130

After talking to Jack in the shoutbox last night, I opened up the map editor once again, and I'm somewhat motivated to make at least one map. I really want to be one of the contributers to SEN's content, so we'll see what happens.

None.

Aug 14 2010, 3:42 pm TiKels Post #131

Correct me if I'm wrong, but if you look at the game list, there are only like 3 maps with SEN written on it. Probert the probe I. Probert the probe II. Probert the probe III.

+1 for Artanis (who ported them).

If we could just get ONE really popular map, like REALLY popular, we wouldn't need to worry about warring with SC2Mapster. All the probert games have about 200 playings hourly.

"If a topic that clearly interest noone needs to be closed to underline the "we don't want this here" message, is up to debate."

-NudeRaider

Aug 14 2010, 4:32 pm Devourer Post #132

Hello

you do realize that there are hundreds of fucking awesome map somewhere on page 30?
The new b-net system simply does not allow us to release maps having a good chance to become popular.

Ordered by games/hour: bad. Maps will be on top with most games in the last hour which simply increases the counter all the time as newbs and others are simply joining the first games. Get it? It's pointless creating new maps.

Please report errors in the Staredit.Network forum.

Aug 14 2010, 4:32 pm CecilSunkure Post #133

So make a map Tikels :)

None.

Aug 14 2010, 10:07 pm Generalpie Post #134

Staredit Puckwork

Quote from Undead-Fox
SC2Mapster has some really helpful stuff over there, and I think at the moment, it's more widely known by the general public than SEN is anymore.
SEN seems to be mostly just olde time regulars from BW days. There's still the occassional new guy, but... still.

Agreed. I would +2 this.

None.

Aug 14 2010, 10:11 pm Centreri Post #135

Relatively ancient and inactive

I say we all join together as a community and make maps! WE ARE SEN, THE COMMUNITY. WE SHALL MAKE MAPS AND RISE ABOVE ALL. WE SHALL HELP ALL MAKE MAPS, AND WITH THAT WE SHALL BECOME MIGHTY AND OVERTHROW THE MAPSTER BEHEMOTH.

Or we can continue treating SCII as an unproductive hobby and get on with our lives. This is the more realistic option. ;o

None.

Aug 14 2010, 10:47 pm Undead-Fox Post #136

Quote from Devourer
you do realize that there are hundreds of fucking awesome map somewhere on page 30?
The new b-net system simply does not allow us to release maps having a good chance to become popular.

Ordered by games/hour: bad. Maps will be on top with most games in the last hour which simply increases the counter all the time as newbs and others are simply joining the first games. Get it? It's pointless creating new maps.

Unfortunately I agree wholeheartedly with this.. but then again, so do a lot of people...
I disagree with how maps are used even more, because of the structure of playing a custom game...
I can't make campaigns anymore. That was what I loved doing in StarCraft 1, but with the whole need to publish maps, the only way a
campaign could really be played now would be through a test document...

None.

Aug 15 2010, 3:00 am payne Post #137

Quote from Centreri
I say we all join together as a community and make maps! WE ARE SEN, THE COMMUNITY. WE SHALL MAKE MAPS AND RISE ABOVE ALL. WE SHALL HELP ALL MAKE MAPS, AND WITH THAT WE SHALL BECOME MIGHTY AND OVERTHROW THE MAPSTER BEHEMOTH.

Or we can continue treating SCII as an unproductive hobby and get on with our lives. This is the more realistic option. ;o
Wtf, gtfo. We're a Social Network. :awesome:

Jokes apart, I did make one of my maps in the early beta in the Top 10 list for at least 2 days. :)
And I am working on 3 projects ATM (all will be submitted for Blizz Contest >:D ). ;)

None.

Aug 15 2010, 3:04 am Centreri Post #138

I must point out that you most likely have much more rewarding and interesting things to be doing with your time than making maps. I know I do. When it was fun, sure, I'd spend time on it - but I don't bother now, lol.

None.

Aug 15 2010, 3:21 am payne Post #139

Quote from Centreri
I must point out that you most likely have much more rewarding and interesting things to be doing with your time than making maps. I know I do. When it was fun, sure, I'd spend time on it - but I don't bother now, lol.
I believe 5 thousands dollars are a good motivation to push myself at creating maps. ;)

None.

Aug 15 2010, 3:23 am Centreri Post #140

And ruling the world is good motivation for dedicating my life to perfect the killer cyborg, right?

Ain't happenin', bub.

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 5 6 7 8 9 >
  Back to forum