Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 Map Showcase > Topic: Hero Sanctuary v1.10
Hero Sanctuary v1.10
Sep 26 2009, 8:33 pm
By: Norm
Pages: < 1 « 35 36 37 38 3944 >

Feb 2 2010, 4:06 am Xero Post #721

Eh? Even if you mined minerals, you should still be able to collect $$ from steel and refineries. This needs looking into...

None.

Feb 2 2010, 3:27 pm Mace_37 Post #722

Not the strength shrine, the M&M can make Steel Factories that produces steel for the SCV to mine.

None.

Feb 2 2010, 5:17 pm fat_flying_pigs Post #723

You don't physically "mine" or go into the refinery. If the steel patch/refinery is glowing (halu deaths) then go stand right beside it and wait. After a while, you will get 10 minerals. If at all, avoid picking up items/mining minerals with the scv/probe. It is always helpful to be able to "mine through" units.

On the note of SCV, the SCV is not affected by the illu's L1. I had a guy use it on me 3 times, and i just continued attacking him (not repeated manual attack, just clicked once).

None.

Feb 6 2010, 5:19 am Xero Post #724

Saw an abuse/cheap move with CoM. You can use LL4 and move your lurk under buildings, negating that attacks of melee units pretty much...At end game, CoM was under the enemy temple spamming hydras. But that's pretty genius I gotta say :lol:

None.

Feb 7 2010, 1:18 am Mace_37 Post #725

Is that really an advantage? Being at their temple will be the most violent spot on the map. If they have cannons, he can't survive for more than 10 seconds.

None.

Feb 7 2010, 1:26 am Jack Post #726

>be faceless void >mfw I have no face

End game + COM at enemy temple = no cannons.

Red classic.

"In short, their absurdities are so extreme that it is painful even to quote them."

Feb 7 2010, 3:05 am Xero Post #727

Yeah, he killed the enemy cannons with his broods before placing his lurk inside the enemy buildings.

None.

Feb 7 2010, 5:55 am fat_flying_pigs Post #728

It's not much of an advantage, as temple + no defenses usually = gg.
that, and if he managed to kill your cannons with broods, you kinda deserved to die..

None.

Feb 11 2010, 3:05 am Mace_37 Post #729

Any updates about a new patch or ideas for changing anything?
I'm still playing this game, but it seems this thread is dying off.

None.

Feb 11 2010, 3:10 am Norm Post #730

Quote from Mace_37
Any updates about a new patch or ideas for changing anything?
I'm still playing this game, but it seems this thread is dying off.

I have been very busy lately with mah stuff. I intend to release a 1.05 whenever I can get around to completing it, but a lot of other stuff has found it's way in front of SC right now and I rarely have enough time on B.net to play a full game of HS =(. Hopefully things will clear up and I'll be able to finish up a 1.05 and host a bit in the coming weeks, but you know =/.

None.

Feb 15 2010, 7:13 am Mace_37 Post #731

Is it intentional that the Illusionist's Ultra doesn't get more life from the Vitality upgrades? I think it takes away the Ultra path as a long term build.
EDIT: Maybe not, I just made a pretty badass Power Manifest; dumping all of my levels into cash.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Feb 15 2010, 8:08 am by Mace_37.

None.

Feb 15 2010, 9:48 pm Norm Post #732

Quote from Mace_37
Is it intentional that the Illusionist's Ultra doesn't get more life from the Vitality upgrades? I think it takes away the Ultra path as a long term build.
EDIT: Maybe not, I just made a pretty badass Power Manifest; dumping all of my levels into cash.

Power manifest's HP is determined by your Power level, not your vitality. It's similar to how CoM [h] gets it's HP.

None.

Feb 26 2010, 4:30 am -BW-Map_God Post #733

Well, I justed host the map up a storm on Europe (since I was new I wanted to ensure a mostly new audience :P). Anyway, fun stuff. I liked all the character options and got into a habit of going random for the extra $10 and diverse gaming experience. Also I must say Sandbox mode rocked though I wasn't able to keep myself entertained in it long and ended up doing most of my testing against newbs :bleh:. I didn't think it was too hard to pick up even not being a huge TS player.

Anyway the only issues I found in about 16 games were:
1.) Once as the lurker I cast one of my spells to morph back into a lurker apparently right as I died... I was back at the Temple dead and then I was back where I died with my lurker running from the people that had just killed me.
2.) Another time a player was the Psycopath guy and he suddenly wasn't able to assign his skill points anymore during the night and during the day. We never figured out why but the civilians kept re-centering in the middle of that area and he wasn't able to use them at all the rest of that game. Luckily we won it about 10 minutes after it happened. No idea what spell combination might have caused this...

I'd have to say my least favorite character is the A.I. getting fuel is such a pain in the ass :P. OPh yea, self destruct is the only option when you run out right? After you run out of emergency reserves that is...

Keep up the excellent work, I enjoyed The Hunted quite a bit as well and some of your other projects too :-).

None.

Feb 26 2010, 11:47 am OlimarandLouie Post #734

I think A.I. should be able to buy back a reserve tank after using it up... cost would be like 15 minerals or something.

None.

Feb 27 2010, 11:11 pm gentlemEn. Post #735

I've found a couple of issues.
Mind & Machinery can heal the tank to full health
I'm actually currently in a game where there's so many ghosts in my base that it's lagging horribly. Is it possible to set it to a certain amount of units allowed on a team at a time?

None.

Feb 28 2010, 6:30 am fat_flying_pigs Post #736

Quote from OlimarandLouie
I think A.I. should be able to buy back a reserve tank after using it up... cost would be like 15 minerals or something.
I like this idea. It would be very useful.

Quote from gentlemEn.
I'm actually currently in a game where there's so many ghosts in my base that it's lagging horribly. Is it possible to set it to a certain amount of units allowed on a team at a time?
The MM was made so it could be healed by the scv. It does cost quite a bit of minerals tho.
I agree on the lag issue, especially double reaver spawns to ccmu. If it hasn't been done yet, Norm, make the scarab limit for the reavers 1.
As for reducing ghost lag (for now), just use a splash unit, or the CW, or storm. It gets a ton of exp, and will reduce the lag.

None.

Feb 28 2010, 6:44 am FlashBeer Post #737

Quote from fat_flying_pigs
make the scarab limit for the reavers 1.

You can't really do this in an efficient way.

None.

Feb 28 2010, 6:48 am fat_flying_pigs Post #738

Quote from FlashBeer

won't the "set hangar" just make it 1? or does it make it +1?
Anyways, make it 5 max (no upgrade)

None.

Feb 28 2010, 7:22 am FlashBeer Post #739

You can only add, not set.

None.

Feb 28 2010, 8:32 pm Norm Post #740

Quote from -BW-Map_God
Well, I justed host the map up a storm on Europe (since I was new I wanted to ensure a mostly new audience :P). Anyway, fun stuff. I liked all the character options and got into a habit of going random for the extra $10 and diverse gaming experience. Also I must say Sandbox mode rocked though I wasn't able to keep myself entertained in it long and ended up doing most of my testing against newbs :bleh:. I didn't think it was too hard to pick up even not being a huge TS player.

Thank you, i tried to make it an easy game to learn in spite of it's complexity.

Quote from -BW-Map_God
1.) Once as the lurker I cast one of my spells to morph back into a lurker apparently right as I died... I was back at the Temple dead and then I was back where I died with my lurker running from the people that had just killed me.

When playing CoM you run the risk of some strange things happening. This is unavoidable because CoM at this stage of the game has been deemed 'too fucked up to bother fixing'.

Quote from -BW-Map_God
2.) Another time a player was the Psycopath guy and he suddenly wasn't able to assign his skill points anymore during the night and during the day. We never figured out why but the civilians kept re-centering in the middle of that area and he wasn't able to use them at all the rest of that game. Luckily we won it about 10 minutes after it happened. No idea what spell combination might have caused this...

Some dormant anti-walling triggers that went funky after I messed around with the stat area from 1.03 --> 1.04. Sorry!

Quote from -BW-Map_God
I'd have to say my least favorite character is the A.I. getting fuel is such a pain in the ass :P. OPh yea, self destruct is the only option when you run out right? After you run out of emergency reserves that is...

You can also sit and wait for Alchemist or Ninja to take you back to base where you can refuel. (Assuming you have one of those on your team.)

Quote from -BW-Map_God
Keep up the excellent work, I enjoyed The Hunted quite a bit as well and some of your other projects too :-).

Thank you.

Quote from OlimarandLouie

No.

Quote from gentlemEn.

That is part of his character. He can also heal AI, but it costs a bit more than his tank does.

Quote from FlashBeer

Indeed.

OKAY. HA! I bet you guys thought I was gone for good, but NOPE I'm still here. I just had to get this written first, but I have another update I'll post in a little bit.

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 35 36 37 38 3944 >
  Back to forum