Staredit Network > Forums > Games > Topic: HoN
HoN
Sep 16 2009, 11:26 am
By: Forsaken Archer
Pages: < 1 « 59 60 61 62 63117 >

Jan 30 2010, 11:40 am LoveLess Post #1201

Let me show you how to hump without making love.

Most Awesome Mod Ever Created

None.

Jan 30 2010, 12:00 pm Decency Post #1202

1650-1800 inhouse BP game. Most exciting game I've ever played, basically a ridiculous pushing team versus a very strong ganking team with amazing AoE to counter pushes. So fun to watch, I actually sent it to a caster in hopes he'll commentate the game and throw it up and submitted it to a replay contest. I think it's easily that good. =)

Wub it if you agree! =)

http://www.gamereplays.org/HeroesofNewerth/replays.php?game=58&show=details&id=109074

None.

Jan 30 2010, 5:22 pm ShredderIV Post #1203

Quote from name:Taylor Swift
We were playing against one of our friends and he had a team of five. Me, devilesk and IP and two pubs versus them. The pub goes afk for 2 minutes at the beginning, devilesk rages for some reason and just wastes time hiding in the trees. The kick and remake fails, even though they complain that they have super high latency, they don't accept the remake. We're ten minutes in, devilesk is still level 1 and not doing anything. If we were going to win, we had to kick him because he obviously didn't want to help. This is the only time I've ever kicked a SEN member, but devilesk was just being a poor sport and I had no choice, the fact that he chooses to be a douche is the only reason I kicked him. I can forgive Swarm for not being decisive, I can forgive Hydrolisk for disconnecting, I can forgive IP for constantly playing LoL, but being a douche to our team which included me and IP, is something I can't stand. We kick him, and slowly we turn the tide. What a game. Seriously, IP and devilesk insisted on being douches to each other, and I usually try to be neutral, but devilesk constantly does stupid crap like this that I can't even defend. Like hiding in the trees when we can legitly win the game? How can I defend him when he does crap like that? I thought we could patch things up, but apparently not.

Me and nude played with him and hydro a couple games yesterday.

I find his general attitude towards anything someone other than him does childish and immature at times. He raged at us for every little thing that went wrong, although he failed to notice e were going up against a forsaken archer with 12 kills, 0 deaths, and we had a 1-9 player on our team and a 2-6 player. Even though we couldnt do much in teamfights, due to FA raping our shit every time we peeked our heads out, he still raged us and blamed the whole thing on us.

I know he reads everything on here as well, as he always calls me a noob when i come on for the things i say here. Which i think just proves my point further.

Devilesk, you're a good player, but so is Faz, and ultimo, and IP, and many other SEN players. Learn from them and give some advice to help those of us with less skill instead of raging at us every time we do something you deem unfit.

Also, Nude, you need to learn not to jungle so much :D

None.

Jan 30 2010, 7:39 pm NudeRaider Post #1204

We can't explain the universe, just describe it; and we don't know whether our theories are true, we just know they're not wrong. >Harald Lesch

Quote from ShredderIV
Also, Nude, you need to learn not to jungle so much :D
lul. I usually don't. But it's so easy and fun with Slither's wards I just couldn't stop. :P

Jan 30 2010, 8:23 pm Devourer Post #1205

Hello

Anyone tell me what items are best for Torturer in a 1n1 and in a 5n5?

Please report errors in the Staredit.Network forum.

Jan 31 2010, 12:09 am LoveLess Post #1206

Quote from Devourer
Anyone tell me what items are best for Torturer in a 1n1 and in a 5n5?
Heart? Kuldra? Those are his core items.

None.

Jan 31 2010, 12:15 am Neki Post #1207

I think with the Bloodstone buff, it's core on him again.

None.

Jan 31 2010, 12:19 am LoveLess Post #1208

Quote from name:Taylor Swift
I think with the Bloodstone buff, it's core on him again.
Yeah, meant bloodstone, not Heart. I guess Heart wouldn't hurt as a luxury item though.

None.

Jan 31 2010, 1:34 am NudeRaider Post #1209

We can't explain the universe, just describe it; and we don't know whether our theories are true, we just know they're not wrong. >Harald Lesch

Today was a bad night for me. Played some games with IP, Devilesk, Ultimo and some others; 4 or 5 games total with a 5 man SEN team each. But we lost most of them.

But then I had a great game with Shredder. He went Zephyr in the woods and I Deadwood solo top vs. Torturer and Hammerstorm. Surprisingly I owned them 5-0 while Shredder got farmed. Then we just rolled over them.
5-2-11 for Shredder and 15-4-7 for me. 24367370 in case someone needs proof that I'm not always "awful". You know who you are. ;)

And I think I'll leave it at that for today. One should always stop on a high note.

Jan 31 2010, 8:20 am ShredderIV Post #1210

Yeah, it seems like when i play zeph and you solo as deadwood we always kick ass. I think the last time we did it we did really well also.

You just seem to be a good solo dw for some reason. I might watch those replays to figure out why... Also, you seem to keep them generally out of the woods and away from me when you play it, and i have fun pulling creeps for you.

None.

Jan 31 2010, 9:24 am NudeRaider Post #1211

Well first and foremost it worked so well because they were noobs and underestimated my Deadwood.
Then when I'm soloing vs. 2 I get a distinct advantage: I get my ult when they are still L4 or L5. And this is just deadly.

It also helped a lot to have a squishy Torturer. I could go in kill him and before Hammer could do much I was already back at my tower.
Two situations showed very well how they underestimated me:
- When their creeps (only like 2-3) attacked my tower Torturer also went attacking the tower while I was standing nearby. I waited until most creeps were gone, grasped him and when I got there the tower + spell got him down so much that I just needed 1 hit to kill. FIRSTBLOOD! :D
- Later when I faced Hammer alone he dared going into a fight with me. I let him initiate with his hammer throw so he thought he'd get me. Then we traded auto attacks. When he was down to 50% I ulted him. gg

About me being good there: Well, I was careful and always moving and Torturer was horrible at harassing and aiming spells, so I even got some ck/cd but not many. My gold came from kills and free farm after kills.
And to keep them away from you all I did was helping when they tried to gank you. Almost killed Torturer in the process, so apparently they didn't dare again.

The endgame was also so ridiculous. I just needed my ult on Torturer and due to the str debuff he died just from that.
Nymphora got caught in the radius of the str debuff, so with my shield breaker that reduced her dmg resistance from 45% to 30%, I just needed 4 auto attacks to kill her.

Feb 1 2010, 3:25 am ForTheSwarm Post #1212

Quote from ShredderIV
This game just goes to show how carry-oriented HOn is right now. The only reason they won, despite us completely dominating the early game, was because they had a strong carry in CD. IMO a carry should not be able to carry in that kind of a situation.

I'm sorry to tell you this but CD is a fairly soft carry. I would give him a 5 on a 1-10 carry scale (10 being chronos/sand wraith, 1 being glacius).

None.

Feb 1 2010, 3:32 am Neki Post #1213

CD is more like a support carry or anti-carry, he can basically neutralize one hero with his corrupted conduit, and he eats spells like no others. You usually need to build CD as a damage sponge, because he just needs to survive to do his damage. The longer he is alive, the more dangerous he becomes.

None.

Feb 1 2010, 4:02 am ShredderIV Post #1214

Yeah, that was the thing. Tempest would always get his ult off, and i would hold him. The only problem being cd would get a few free hits off on me, and he would conduit our carry. The problem really took off when he got a behemoths heart, so he could really absorb damage well.

None.

Feb 1 2010, 5:50 am Decency Post #1215

CD carries hard as hell midgame if he gets a few kills... 24276451

This was a shoutcasted match I played with a bunch of 1750's. Conduit is just too powerful before carries get items, and CD can build to tank initially with a HotBL while still being able to output powerfully. Even with the huge nerfs he just got he's easily still viable as a carry/anti-carry. Endgame with Shieldbreaker, Vanguard, and Frostburn or Behemoth's Heart he's pretty ridiculous, especially due to his anti-target skill and movespeed.

Zephyr is broken right now and he's essentially an autoban, and Deadwood is pretty close too. -.-

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Feb 1 2010, 7:37 am by FaZ-.

None.

Feb 1 2010, 7:04 am ShredderIV Post #1216

I personally dont see the deadwood thing anymore. If you harass him early game he is really killable.

I think all zephyr needs is a change on gust. It's funny that his old leap actually synergizes better with his new ult than gust does, imo. I mean, leap in and use ult = gg.

But people also dont understand how weak he is early. If you gank him in the woods, he's done. He has no escape mechanism anymore, and can be shut down.

But i agree, they overbuffed him.

None.

Feb 1 2010, 8:15 pm LoveLess Post #1217

Quote from ForTheSwarm
Quote from ShredderIV
This game just goes to show how carry-oriented HOn is right now. The only reason they won, despite us completely dominating the early game, was because they had a strong carry in CD. IMO a carry should not be able to carry in that kind of a situation.

I'm sorry to tell you this but CD is a fairly soft carry. I would give him a 5 on a 1-10 carry scale (10 being chronos/sand wraith, 1 being glacius).
I can carry with Glacius into midgame and if I keep doing well, I can even carry a little longer. All it takes is a little Shrunken Head here and a Harkon's Blade there... Maybe even a Mock if need be. I'll post a few Match IDs in a bit.

None.

Feb 1 2010, 9:06 pm Neki Post #1218

Quote from ShredderIV
I personally dont see the deadwood thing anymore. If you harass him early game he is really killable.

I think all zephyr needs is a change on gust. It's funny that his old leap actually synergizes better with his new ult than gust does, imo. I mean, leap in and use ult = gg.

But people also dont understand how weak he is early. If you gank him in the woods, he's done. He has no escape mechanism anymore, and can be shut down.

But i agree, they overbuffed him.

Except with a hatchet + buckler along with a courier to ferry him regen items, it's impossible for almost any hero to outlane him mid. Once he hits six, he can probably kill you easy. I really don't like Gust, I always target an area and it seems to never hit anyone, but that typhoon does seem a little imba.

None.

Feb 1 2010, 10:36 pm ShredderIV Post #1219

Honestly, how bad can pubs get...

Had a lane today, legit glacius on bottom went 1-5 in the first 10 minutes against an arach and ds. And he had a behemoth in lane with him. All that while me as pebbles and a swiftblade got caught on top with pyro and lego, and yet we managed to go 1 for 1 with them. 2 kills but 2 deaths... We shud have killed more, but swift was afraid to spin.

Well, anyways, arachna went overfed and could rape our team pretty much. Yeah, i hate pubs.

None.

Feb 2 2010, 12:17 am LoveLess Post #1220

I am officially going to stop going to HoN's forum.

1. The community is horrible.
2. Nobody gives two fucks about your problems and if they even decide to respond to your topic, you are getting flamed for having the problem. In regards to this, I had 419 views and 3 replies.
3. The only ideas that go anywhere in this game is through a network of friends and advertisement, if your not a moderator.
4. I can seriously never see this community going anywhere without more people like Excalibur running the show, banning when needed and showing people that there is a greater evil out there.

Ex was right and I officially quit that dumb forum.

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 59 60 61 62 63117 >
  Back to forum