By: Forsaken Archer
Pages: < 1 « 58 59 60 61 62117 >

Jan 21 2010, 4:12 am Sand Wraith Post #1181

she/her

Quote from ClansAreForGays
A quick question.

LoL has Guinsoo and PenDragon.

Valve has IceFrong.

Who did HoN recruit from the dota community to help them make their game?

THE COMMUNITY ITSELF

--

HoN Dice Game.zip
Download. Extract to a single folder. Play. Win.

SUPPORT AT HON FORUMS: HoN Dice Game -- Hosted by BLACKSMITH

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Jan 21 2010, 4:34 am by New-.Hydrolisk.

Jan 21 2010, 6:05 pm NudeRaider Post #1182

We can't explain the universe, just describe it; and we don't know whether our theories are true, we just know they're not wrong. >Harald Lesch

Today was a good day. Last 5 games: 44 / 18 / 54 thats 8.8 / 3.6 / 10.8 per game.
Too bad my psr is still in the 1300s so I can only play noob games. Time to try different heroes I guess.

Jan 21 2010, 6:08 pm ShredderIV Post #1183

Lol, i think it was funny when i was paying with you nude.

First game you went slither, who you'd never played before, and did pretty well, at least a 1:1 kdr. I dun really remember exactly.

Next game you went deadwood, who you said you were good with and went 1-12.

I think you need to check out more heroes so you know who you're really good with. I found this out recently with pyro, who i'm apparently good with.

None.

Jan 21 2010, 9:12 pm NudeRaider Post #1184

We can't explain the universe, just describe it; and we don't know whether our theories are true, we just know they're not wrong. >Harald Lesch

Actually I played Slither before. But just once before the buff and hated it. But now I'd play it again. <3 the wards.

And about the kdr difference well it's all about how well the game goes.
With Slither we had easy opposition and a good team, when I went deadwood we had a terrible matchup and good opponents. And I had bad luck in a couple of situations. This adds pretty fast. Also I gave up after it was obvious we'd lose and I just went dying.

Jan 23 2010, 4:34 am Bar Refaeli Post #1185

i never thought that the ward buff greatly made slither better.

would tree + plague be good combo cause they could give +24 armor. i think it would be beast

None.

Jan 23 2010, 2:27 pm Decency Post #1186

Plague Rider is usually banned, but if you can snag him it's definitely worthwhile, you can keep your team alive- if nothing else. With just those 2 abilities you can give your carry almost 250% effective HP, and they can be cast on multiple people at once.

Granted, any magic damage completely negates this, so your carry would need to rush Shrunken Head desperately or even get Shaman's Headdress. Coupled with an STR carry like Predator or Pestilence, though, who already has ridiculous amounts of life, that would be insane. Predator is probably ideal since he has the built in magic immunity already, on top of the benefits from a BKB.

None.

Jan 23 2010, 5:15 pm ShredderIV Post #1187

Quote from name:FaZ-
Plague Rider is usually banned, but if you can snag him it's definitely worthwhile, you can keep your team alive- if nothing else. With just those 2 abilities you can give your carry almost 250% effective HP, and they can be cast on multiple people at once.

Granted, any magic damage completely negates this, so your carry would need to rush Shrunken Head desperately or even get Shaman's Headdress. Coupled with an STR carry like Predator or Pestilence, though, who already has ridiculous amounts of life, that would be insane. Predator is probably ideal since he has the built in magic immunity already, on top of the benefits from a BKB.
I would personally pick an accursed with support items over a plague rider as a support character if you need one. Plague is much more of a caster/nuker. And with support items, you can easily give your carry the same amount of armor, along with the shield of accursed and heal, while his sear helps carries to deal more damage.

Although if you're already good on support, plague helps a lot.

None.

Jan 23 2010, 6:24 pm ClansAreForGays Post #1188

Quote from name:New-.Hydrolisk
Quote from ClansAreForGays
A quick question.

LoL has Guinsoo and PenDragon.

Valve has IceFrong.

Who did HoN recruit from the dota community to help them make their game?

THE COMMUNITY ITSELF
So the dota community is supporting copy cats? Penndragon and Guinsoo helped make dota what it is today, and the majority side with a company that didn't help make dota and just wanted to make money?

Jan 23 2010, 6:27 pm ShredderIV Post #1189

No, the majority sided with a game that they thought would be close to Dota and keep true to Dota's vision.

It really doesnt matter who is behind it, more what is behind it. That's like saying anyone who played Icefrog's dota support's copycats, since he didnt start the genre...

None.

Jan 23 2010, 6:40 pm Kow Post #1190

And S2 did have explicit permission from Icefrog to make HoN.

And LoL isn't really close to dota anymore, per se. It's about as similar as halo is to CoD.

Quote from name:Taylor Swift

There was someone saying that Glacius should say 'cool story bro' and I agree! IP and Kow would love it.
Win.

None.

Jan 23 2010, 6:44 pm ClansAreForGays Post #1191

Quote from ShredderIV
No, the majority sided with a game that they thought would be close to Dota and keep true to Dota's vision.

It really doesnt matter who is behind it, more what is behind it.
True.
That's like saying anyone who played Icefrog's dota support's copycats, since he didnt start the genre...
Not true. Not at all the same thing and you know it.

Jan 23 2010, 6:49 pm ShredderIV Post #1192

Not true. Not at all the same thing and you know it.
That's actually true, but your statement nonetheless doesnt make sense.

The other games, althought hey may be made form the same people who made Dota, are still copycats of Dota in the smae way.

supporting LoL is supporting a copycat, as it is not the same game at all, no matter who is behind it in the development process.

None.

Jan 24 2010, 4:29 am Decency Post #1193

Quote from ShredderIV
Quote from name:FaZ-

I would personally pick an accursed with support items over a plague rider as a support character if you need one. Plague is much more of a caster/nuker. And with support items, you can easily give your carry the same amount of armor, along with the shield of accursed and heal, while his sear helps carries to deal more damage.

Although if you're already good on support, plague helps a lot.
Both are solid heroes. Plague Rider gets the edge though because of his deny skill, which takes away all experience for a creep pretty much every other wave, on top of giving him mana. So he can be a great babysitter or great in an offensive lane with his nuke/slow, or great in a mid lane as a ridiculous ganker at level 6.

None.

Jan 27 2010, 12:59 am dumbducky Post #1194

Engineer is so lame now.

tits

Jan 27 2010, 1:08 am NinjaOtis Post #1195

Where can I download HoN? To try it out.

None.

Jan 27 2010, 1:48 am stickynote Post #1196

I think its in closed beta.

None.

Jan 27 2010, 5:46 am Decency Post #1197

Quote from name:Vortex-
Where can I download HoN? To try it out.
http://www.staredit.net/topic/9458/

Not sure if anyone has invites left, you can give it a shot.

None.

Jan 29 2010, 7:14 am ShredderIV Post #1198

Me n Nude have been playing a lot recently. He's really getting a lot better.

Also played a clan scrim today. GAH is all i can say. Went 14-5 with electrician(pretty op now imo) and we still lost due to their combination on tempest and CD. Honestly, CD is squishy, but once he has a behe heart, he's dangerous.

Me and andromeda laned together. Every time the enemy pyro (who was solo bot since tempest was jungling) would come back into lane, it was hold-stun-beatdown. We killed him and tempest from ganking a combined total of 6 times, me getting 4 kills and andro getting 2.

This game just goes to show how carry-oriented HOn is right now. The only reason they won, despite us completely dominating the early game, was because they had a strong carry in CD. IMO a carry should not be able to carry in that kind of a situation.

Also played new zephyr today. Sooooooo much better. It was lolzy especially when i killed the enemy chronos in his own time bubble becasue i set off a typhoon right as he hit it. He bubbled and ran right into the middle, and got killed by the DPS.

None.

Jan 29 2010, 8:22 am NudeRaider Post #1199

Quote from ShredderIV
Me n Nude have been playing a lot recently. He's really getting a lot better.
Thanks. :) Had a lot of fun playing with and learning from you.
But I feel my current PSR doesn't properly represent my skill. It's more like literally the public skill rating as in it represents the skill of the pubs I play with...

Jan 30 2010, 7:20 am Neki Post #1200

We were playing against one of our friends and he had a team of five. Me, devilesk and IP and two pubs versus them. The pub goes afk for 2 minutes at the beginning, devilesk rages for some reason and just wastes time hiding in the trees. The kick and remake fails, even though they complain that they have super high latency, they don't accept the remake. We're ten minutes in, devilesk is still level 1 and not doing anything. If we were going to win, we had to kick him because he obviously didn't want to help. This is the only time I've ever kicked a SEN member, but devilesk was just being a poor sport and I had no choice, the fact that he chooses to be a douche is the only reason I kicked him. I can forgive Swarm for not being decisive, I can forgive Hydrolisk for disconnecting, I can forgive IP for constantly playing LoL, but being a douche to our team which included me and IP, is something I can't stand. We kick him, and slowly we turn the tide. What a game. Seriously, IP and devilesk insisted on being douches to each other, and I usually try to be neutral, but devilesk constantly does stupid crap like this that I can't even defend. Like hiding in the trees when we can legitly win the game? How can I defend him when he does crap like that? I thought we could patch things up, but apparently not.

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 58 59 60 61 62117 >
  Back to forum