Staredit Network > Forums > Games > Topic: HoN
HoN
Sep 16 2009, 11:26 am
By: Forsaken Archer
Pages: < 1 « 57 58 59 60 61117 >

Jan 11 2010, 9:45 pm Neki Post #1161

There was someone saying that Glacius should say 'cool story bro' and I agree! IP and Kow would love it.

None.

Jan 12 2010, 1:53 am Bar Refaeli Post #1162

Quote from name:Taylor Swift

There was someone saying that Glacius should say 'cool story bro' and I agree! IP and Kow would love it.
fuck i lol'd. new fav character

None.

Jan 13 2010, 6:20 pm ShredderIV Post #1163

replays are amazing, especially watching them in slow motion sometimes.

None.

Jan 14 2010, 5:14 pm NudeRaider Post #1164

We can't explain the universe, just describe it; and we don't know whether our theories are true, we just know they're not wrong. >Harald Lesch

Just had my best game ever: 11/6/13 and 500 XP/minute which is quite a lot for me.

Jan 14 2010, 10:43 pm Bar Refaeli Post #1165

wild soul is one of my new favs. amazing carry and early game ganker. very fun to play
i usually get mock on booboo and then thunderhammer or brutalizer on booboo. any other suggestions?

None.

Jan 14 2010, 10:49 pm Neki Post #1166

Uh, you should usually go mock - > then tank items on Wildsoul himself, maybe Heart - > Shieldbreaker and then a basher for Booboo? But that's assuming the game drags on that long. Sometimes I go mock - > basher though.

None.

Jan 14 2010, 11:32 pm ShredderIV Post #1167

depending on the other team's setup, i usually go mock first. If the other team isnt stun-heavy though, i'll go helm on wildsoul first. Either way i go steamboots on wild and not booboo, because that way they have almost equal ms (gets to be around 480 constant with the active ability) so that it's easier to micro them.

None.

Jan 15 2010, 10:48 pm Decency Post #1168

I would go Brutalizer on Booboo as long as it stacks. Not sure, offhand.

If you're looking for a high level replay to watch I highly recommend 21382781. Very fun game with a ridiculous play by the Wretched Hag around 40:00.

None.

Jan 15 2010, 11:15 pm ShredderIV Post #1169

I hate the psr system sometimes... and devilesk saying "IF UR GOOD ENUF UR PSR WILL BE HIGH NO MATTER HOW BAD THE NOOBS ON UR TEEM R" is not accurate...

2 games earlier today, both lost.

1st game was a planter on our team, who took solo mid as chronos over me as soul reaper. to say the least, we got facerolled.
2nd game, i was FA. didnt do bad, got a double kill early, but had a pebbles and legionnaire both go 0-6 in the first five minutes. By that time the enemy engineer had a thunderclaw and could pretty much 5 hit me, no matter what i did.

None.

Jan 17 2010, 12:46 am ShredderIV Post #1170

Pyromancer and andromeda are an awesome lane. went 8-1 as pyro at 20 minutes. The other team wasnt that good, but still, i can see andromeda and pyro in a lane dominating almost every time.

Also, and this is for devilesk, as i know he reads this, my psr has gone up to 1471, and has been increasing steadily since i've started playing sd and bd. I still dont agree on your whole thing about psr for ap games, but i think it holds true for sd and bd, as it seems every ap game is a setup somehow.

hopefully soon we can play 1550+ games and they wont be asking to kick me :D

None.

Jan 17 2010, 12:58 am Bar Refaeli Post #1171

i saw the two most pro players ive ever seen today. they had a crazy combo with pebbles and corrupted disciple.

None.

Jan 17 2010, 1:16 am ShredderIV Post #1172

The first game i ever played with my clan's leader, he went codex swiftblade and wound up going 28-3. Since then i've never seen him go swift again, and i dont think i could handle the ownage a second time.

None.

Jan 19 2010, 3:04 am Decency Post #1173

Quote from ShredderIV
I hate the psr system sometimes... and devilesk saying "IF UR GOOD ENUF UR PSR WILL BE HIGH NO MATTER HOW BAD THE NOOBS ON UR TEEM R" is not accurate...

2 games earlier today, both lost.

1st game was a planter on our team, who took solo mid as chronos over me as soul reaper. to say the least, we got facerolled.
2nd game, i was FA. didnt do bad, got a double kill early, but had a pebbles and legionnaire both go 0-6 in the first five minutes. By that time the enemy engineer had a thunderclaw and could pretty much 5 hit me, no matter what i did.

Soul Reaper is a terrible solo mid hero. He can't get runes easily because he has no skills for it, and on top of that he's a slow, ranged babysitter with a short range AoE heal and another AoE damage skill who has about zero ganking power and doesn't get significantly better with levels or items. All of that should SCREAM dual lane to you. Chronos is a better choice, but you two should probably have laned together. I'd be willing to bet you were playing AP or EM, though: people rarely understand team/lane composition there and you don't seem to be an exception.

And yeah, PSR works.

Any double stun lane with Pyro works pretty well. Pyro+Hammerstorm (Lina+Sven) is one of the oldest lane combos in DotA. Andromeda is usually played as a roamer, there's a really cool VoD somewhere of her being used that way that was actually one of my favorite games to watch. I wish replays were backwards compatible.

Codex Swiftblade is lol. I haven't seen Swift used since the newest patch, though.

None.

Jan 19 2010, 3:17 am Decency Post #1174

Oooh also, replays work:

Took me a while to figure out how to use the console to start replays and don't want others having the same problems, so here are a few tips.

How to view a replay
1. Copy the replay to your \My Documents\Heroes of Newerth\game\replays\ folder.
2. Log into HON.
3. CTRL+F8 to open the console.
4. Type StartReplay ~/replays/<ReplayName>.honreplay

eg. StartReplay ~/replays/M21382781.honreplay

5. Enjoy!

My favorite so far is 21382781, I just followed Chu as Wretched Hag for the entire match and it was well worth it.

None.

Jan 19 2010, 3:22 am ShredderIV Post #1175

Soul Reaper is a terrible solo mid hero. He can't get runes easily because he has no skills for it, and on top of that he's a slow, ranged babysitter with a short range AoE heal and another AoE damage skill who has about zero ganking power and doesn't get significantly better with levels or items. All of that should SCREAM dual lane to you. Chronos is a better choice, but you two should probably have laned together. I'd be willing to bet you were playing AP or EM, though: people rarely understand team/lane composition there and you don't seem to be an exception.

And yeah, PSR works.

Any double stun lane with Pyro works pretty well. Pyro+Hammerstorm (Lina+Sven) is one of the oldest lane combos in DotA. Andromeda is usually played as a roamer, there's a really cool VoD somewhere of her being used that way that was actually one of my favorite games to watch. I wish replays were backwards compatible.

Codex Swiftblade is lol. I haven't seen Swift used since the newest patch, though.

Actually, in the soul reaper game, i was playing SD. I never play EM and rarely play AP because of the attitudes people tend to have in it. People who play sd and rd generally actually try to play as a team.

I would have laned with chronos. We had a bh who cuda soloed, but chronos was a feeder, as i said, and fed the other mid, without dying of course. He just let the other get all of the last hits purposefully. That was the only reason i wanted to take solo over him.

I used swift in a game lately, he's pretty good with his buff.

On the PSR thing, yes i think it works in theory. It should work in that the teams with a higher psr total generally tend to win, based on players skill. When you throw in extra variables such as feeders, team stacking, and team discord into the mix, it winds up not working, which unfortunately is what most AP games are made up of. This is the last line of the post you gave me.
QED: The PSR system will ultimately work as soon as random matchmaking is implemented.
Unfortunately, random matchmaking has not been implemented yet, therefore psr does not work yet.

Thus why i've gone back to only playing sd and rd.

None.

Jan 19 2010, 4:36 am Decency Post #1176

Random matchmaking is pretty much a given if you just leave games that don't get AB'ed or have 3+ locks. =p It's almost as good of a solution, though it requires common sense when picking your games. RD works pretty well, but with SD people wait to the last second and don't communicate/swap much. It's a crapshoot, so I stick to BD where pretty much everyone wants to emulate high level play.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Jan 19 2010, 4:43 am by FaZ-.

None.

Jan 19 2010, 5:35 am ShredderIV Post #1177

Quote from name:FaZ-
Random matchmaking is pretty much a given if you just leave games that don't get AB'ed or have 3+ locks. =p It's almost as good of a solution, though it requires common sense when picking your games. RD works pretty well, but with SD people wait to the last second and don't communicate/swap much. It's a crapshoot, so I stick to BD where pretty much everyone wants to emulate high level play.
I try to as well, the only problem right now being that for me most RD games are something like 1550+. They're also harder to find lately than sd games. SD works well for me generally, because i can play enough heros decently that i can always find something (Like my first game as maliken, went 7-2 in a 4v5).

None.

Jan 21 2010, 3:43 am ClansAreForGays Post #1178

A quick question.

LoL has Guinsoo and PenDragon.

Valve has IceFrong.

Who did HoN recruit from the dota community to help them make their game?

Jan 21 2010, 4:04 am l)ark_ssj9kevin Post #1179

Just here for the activity... well not really

I don't think they have anyone.

guy lifting weight (animated smiley):

O-IC
OI-C

"Oh, I see it"

Jan 21 2010, 4:06 am ShredderIV Post #1180

No, i dont believe they have anyone form the dota community.

That being said, a very large part of the dota community is in the HON beta as compared to how many are in the LoL community.

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 57 58 59 60 61117 >
  Back to forum