Staredit Network > Forums > Games > Topic: HoN
HoN
Sep 16 2009, 11:26 am
By: Forsaken Archer
Pages: < 1 « 49 50 51 52 53117 >

Dec 21 2009, 7:42 am Atlos Post #1001

Uggh, I forgot that I need to install a wireless card now in my desktop. Hopefully I can do that tomorrow so that I can start playing again. I don't feel like playing on a laptop. Also, check out my hero too! It's like the Starcraft Defiler sort of.

http://forums.heroesofnewerth.com/showthread.php?t=57175

None.

Dec 21 2009, 8:08 am Neki Post #1002

I was thinking of posting a hero too:

Ghost:
AGI Ranged
Spell 1: Cloak
The ghost cloaks, giving him bonus movement speed (10%/20%/30%/40%) while draining mana/sec, and when attacking out of cloak, gives him a 100% chance to deal (1x/1.5x/2.0x/2.5x) for three attacks. Any use of an ability will effectively put him out of cloak.
Spell 2: Lockdown (Range: 800)
The ghost can effectively lock-down an opponent from battle, rendering his abilities and attack useless. (Immobilized, vulnerable, stunned, lasts 2/3/4/5 seconds, or, lasts 150/200/250/300 damage, whichever threshold is met first)
Spell 3: Snipe (Range: 600/800/1000/1200)
The ghost locks on a target, dealing bonus damage and temporarily dealing a mini-stun. Instantly kills creeps below level 6. (+10/+20/+30/+40 damage, with 0.1 second ministun.)
Spell 4: Nuclear Launch (Range: 800/1000/1200)
The ghost is able to call down a tactical weapon of destruction, dealing massive damage upon impact. The nuke deals 15%/20%/25% damage to enemy targets in a 1000 radius, temporarily reducing enemy attack speed, cast speed, and movement speed by 50% for 4 seconds. Upon explosion, all units are exposed to fall-out, draining 1% health and 5% mana for 10 seconds in the 1000 AoE. The allies can clearly see the large red circle, but enemies are only given a 2 second warning before impact. The ghost must channel the spell for 4 seconds without being interrupted.

Post has been edited 2 time(s), last time on Dec 21 2009, 9:30 pm by Ultimo.

None.

Dec 21 2009, 8:45 am Sand Wraith Post #1003

she/her

I'd play that Hero. Both of them.

EDIT:

K, I'm just going to bring something up now. http://forums.heroesofnewerth.com/showthread.php?t=57874

What do you think of HoN's community? Personally, I hate the HoN community. My theory to explain the dickery: all of the people probably come from social networking sites such as Facebook and MySpace or some crap like that. Keyword: social. These are normal people who wouldn't know how to edit their registry if they had a ten-year support technician veteran at their side, who struggle everyday to figure out the difference between lag and low frames-per-second (If you use those two terms interchangeably, I will kill you while you're awake). And since normal people like to dick around when they are anonymous with an audience, they find HoN to be a perfect outlet for their cooped up social anomalies. Thus: normal person -> on Facebook -> gets a beta key from the HoN group -> logs on HoN -> discovers anonymity + audience -> sh*tc*ck. What do you think?

Discuss.

BTW:
Yea, I can be a prick, but rest easy in that I normally rage as I do (notably, with less swearing). Hahaha, rage without swearing. AWESOME.

BTW:
You guys weren't on at all today, except Styllistic [?]...

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Dec 21 2009, 9:15 am by New-.Hydrolisk.

Dec 21 2009, 10:59 am Neki Post #1004

It's actually because 70% of HoN's community comes from the DotA community, which is very elitist. An example is, if there is a new version, you're expected to download it from the site, and not from any game. If you're caught downloading, people assume that you're a newb and auto kick you. Also people rage if you're new because DotA is a relatively old game, and most people think that everyone knows how to play DotA and understands all concepts of DotA. It's also the internet anonymity thing, but it's mostly because of convention from DotA. People expect that if you've play HoN, you've played DotA.

None.

Dec 21 2009, 12:14 pm ShredderIV Post #1005

That post that you linked was pure nerd-rage, and was completely mindless lol. On your point about lag and fps, i personally call them both lag simply because saying low fps takes longer. I know the difference, but i'm lazy basically :D

Anyways, most of the reason the HON community is so terrible is because:

1. They implemented a dumb pub score rating system that automatically gives people elitist personalities. PSR is the worst thing ever to happen to HON. They put it in as a skill rating system, but it just made people play for their precious PSR and not for the fun of the game. In DOTA, they had no stat tracking, so it didnt matter what your KDR was or what your PSR was, all that mattered was that you had fun playing the game. In HON now, you have pubstompers, planters, intentional feeders, stackers, and everything bad. All because of PSR. The elitist DOTA community + PSR = a shitcockfest

2. Their forums as of now are terribly moderated. There was a thread a couple days back that i read in the suggestions forum that asked about a modification, and it was up for 4 full pages over the course of 2 days before it got locked. Not moved, locked. There are 400 billion new threads every 5 minutes that are completely mindless, and it's all people showing off their e-peens and about how great they are. Hardly any of the general beta testing forum actually has to do with beta testing. And they fired the one good mod they had. http://forums.heroesofnewerth.com/showthread.php?t=57265 IS a prime example of one of these. This, in the SEN forums, would have been moved the first day it came up, as it belongs in their OT section.... But no, it's been up for a day now, and still no move, as it doesnt help the general beta testing at all.

None.

Dec 21 2009, 7:21 pm Decency Post #1006

SEN has 23 users online right now.

HoN has 1389. You do the math.

They have a few good mods that do a superb job, mostly in the Mechanics, Balance, and C&CP forums, which get much less traffic than General. Just consider that one null and post accordingly.

None.

Dec 21 2009, 7:29 pm ShredderIV Post #1007

At the same time, however, they have more resources, as in they have a lot more members they could make into mods, and they have many many more moderators than SEN does.

I'm just saying, the forums and lack of mods make the community worse. PSR is the biggest culprit of it though.

None.

Dec 21 2009, 7:35 pm Demented Shaman Post #1008

PSR is good. It's not perfect, but I'd rather have it than not have it.

None.

Dec 21 2009, 7:39 pm Excalibur Post #1009

The sword and the faith

When you look at the HoN forums you'll understand why my trying to bring a higher standard to it got me banned.

SEN Global Moderator and Resident Zealot
-------------------------
The sword and the faith.

:ex:
Sector 12
My stream, live PC building and tech discussion.

Dec 21 2009, 7:46 pm Neki Post #1010

You shouldn't have tried closing the blacksmith thread then, that was pure comedy gold. ;)

None.

Dec 21 2009, 7:55 pm Excalibur Post #1011

The sword and the faith

No Ultimo, just no. I tried to do my job and I got banned for it.

SEN Global Moderator and Resident Zealot
-------------------------
The sword and the faith.

:ex:
Sector 12
My stream, live PC building and tech discussion.

Dec 21 2009, 9:42 pm Demented Shaman Post #1012

Infested Kerrigan Hero
"I'll kill you myself!"
melee int

Consume - consume allied creeps for health or mana regen
Cloak - something like scout's cloak
Ensnare - aoe slow
Psi Storm - aoe ult

Dark Archon
int ranged support spellcaster
his ranged attack would be like a psionic blast of energy that comes from his red sphere, maybe his hand moves from inside. Sort of like corrupt disciple animation or archon animation, but ranged.

Maelstrom - aoe stun on organic units
Feedback - drains mana and deals damage based on mana drained
some kind of passive skill or maybe aoe "psionic" attack like corrupt disciple's ring
Mind control - ult, can take complete control over an enemy hero for X amount of seconds. MC'd hero could be used as if it were your own and its spells could be used against other team

Medic
int melee support spellcaster
restoration - removes all debuffs
optical flare - decreases sight range of hero for X seconds
heal - passive hp regen in small radius around medic
ult - injects stim into all allied heroes causing them to take dot, but increasing attack speed, dmg, and movement speed

High Templar
int melee
attacks like tassadar hero

psi storm - aoe
hallucination - can create 2 halluciantions of any hero
some kind of passive - maybe something with charges
archon warp - ult, another HT "clone" spawns and the merging starts, takes time to channel as the merging process completes, remains in archon form for X seconds before reverting back to HT

Siege Tank
ranged str

siege mode - can toggle in and out of siege mode
passive - increases armor
passive - increases dmg
ult - huge aoe cannon blast, must be fired in siege mode and must be charged up (channeled)

Vulture
ranged agi? str?

lay mines
passive - increase movement speed
passive - increase mine dmg
ult - increased frag grenade dmg and attack speed for X seconds

Post has been edited 9 time(s), last time on Dec 21 2009, 10:15 pm by Jeraziah.

None.

Dec 21 2009, 10:07 pm LoveLess Post #1013

Let me show you how to hump without making love.

I've actually found a hero I am slightly good with.

BLACKSMITH.

Quote from name:Jeraziah
Infested Kerrigan Hero
"I'll kill you myself!"
melee int

Consume - consume allied creeps for health or mana regen
Cloak - something like scout's cloak
Ensnare - aoe slow
Psi Storm - aoe ult

Dark Archon
int ranged support spellcaster
his ranged attack would be like a psionic blast of energy that comes from his red sphere, maybe his hand moves from inside. Sort of like corrupt disciple animation or archon animation, but ranged.

Maelstrom - aoe stun on organic units
Feedback - drains mana and deals damage based on mana drained
some kind of passive skill or maybe aoe "psionic" attack like corrupt disciple's ring
Mind control - ult, can take complete control over an enemy hero for X amount of seconds. MC'd hero could be used as if it were your own and its spells could be used against other team

Medic
int melee support spellcaster
restoration - removes all debuffs
optical flare - decreases sight range of hero for X seconds
heal - passive hp regen in small radius around medic
ult - injects stim into all allied heroes causing them to take dot, but increasing attack speed, dmg, and movement speed

High Templar
int melee
attacks like tassadar hero

psi storm - aoe
hallucination - can create 2 halluciantions of any hero
some kind of passive - maybe something with charges
archon warp - ult, another HT "clone" spawns and the merging starts, takes time to channel as the merging process completes, remains in archon form for X seconds before reverting back to HT
Lol, MC Pyro or Witch Slayer and ult a teammate. Medic's ult would be better if it a channel heal for massive regen.

None.

Dec 21 2009, 10:14 pm Atlos Post #1014

haha they are going to be like what's up with all the Starcraft-like submissions as of late? I actually read the one about the Archon earlier, didn't realize it was suggested by a SENner though. :P

None.

Dec 22 2009, 3:28 am rockz Post #1015

ᴄʜᴇᴇsᴇ ɪᴛ!

Hon has too many heroes as it is. They need to just finish it up, and continue balancing the characters. The forums are terrible, and are a vast pile of filth that I only venture into for guides. It's a lot like the blizzard forums (or, as mentioned in the thread, /b/). Here we may all be egotistical assholes, but the community is small enough to be well managed and kept in line. The bad assholes get punished pretty quickly.

Also, all these starcraft hero ideas don't fit with HON. Pretty much nothing from SC would fit with hon, except maybe zerg units, which would have to be renamed/liscensed, and be on the hellbourne side.

"Parliamentary inquiry, Mr. Chairman - do we have to call the Gentleman a gentleman if he's not one?"

Dec 22 2009, 3:41 am Demented Shaman Post #1016

Quote from rockz
Hon has too many heroes as it is. They need to just finish it up, and continue balancing the characters. The forums are terrible, and are a vast pile of filth that I only venture into for guides. It's a lot like the blizzard forums (or, as mentioned in the thread, /b/). Here we may all be egotistical assholes, but the community is small enough to be well managed and kept in line. The bad assholes get punished pretty quickly.

Also, all these starcraft hero ideas don't fit with HON. Pretty much nothing from SC would fit with hon, except maybe zerg units, which would have to be renamed/liscensed, and be on the hellbourne side.
They do fit with hon, you don't know what you're talking about. Also DOTA still has plenty more heroes than HoN, so I don't know what you're talking about.

None.

Dec 22 2009, 4:25 am ShredderIV Post #1017

Once again, i hate pubtards, as i've grown to call them.

Played a pub game tonight, our team comp wasnt bad: pred, elec, hellbringer, disciple, and FA. They had pyro, madman, deadwood, pharoah, and puppet. Seemed like we'd do pretty well early nd hopefully beat them quick.

Unfortunately, our elec, who was supposed to go bot with me as hellbringer, decided not to listen and to go mid with disciple, while i got outlaned by a madman pharoah combo... best part is, they never killed puppet in lane.

We tried to kick, but just couldnt, since the other team liked him too much. I still managed to do well as hellbringer, and went 6-4-4, but the rest of my team was like, 1-6 or 0-4... We really should have won that game...

All it takes is one pubtard to screw up everything.

None.

Dec 22 2009, 7:29 pm rockz Post #1018

ᴄʜᴇᴇsᴇ ɪᴛ!

Newerth is an alternative world set after some terrible apocalypse where man reverted to a more savage lifestyle (using axes and swords as weapons) and beasts evolved to the point we see them now (predators came from bears, behemoths came from elephants, summoners came from lizards) and they developed their magical powers under the leadership of ophelia. Now, under magic, just about anything can happen, because it's magic, right? The technological aspect is much less available due to the humans only being able to develop what had been previously developed. Nuclear bombs don't fit this at all. Guns don't work at all either, or at least not how we have them (magnetic, chemical, and electrical weapons are fine). I can't see a ghost working, nor a marine, or pretty much any other terran unit. Toss looks fine, though, due to their alien nature, but the humans have to keep with the alternative technology.

I'm a firm believer in the kiss philosophy. Having 93 heroes seems like ~60 of them are going to be useless. Then again I'm not a dota player. Are most of the heroes used some of the time, or are there a huge number of unused ones?

"Parliamentary inquiry, Mr. Chairman - do we have to call the Gentleman a gentleman if he's not one?"

Dec 22 2009, 8:06 pm Decency Post #1019

our team comp wasnt bad: pred, elec, hellbringer, disciple, and FA. They had pyro, madman, deadwood, pharoah, and puppet.
You got outpicked hard.

DotA actually has a way less competitive viable percentage for their heroes. HoN is off to a good start but they have a lot of work to do to make about half of their heroes competitively viable.

None.

Dec 22 2009, 8:42 pm Demented Shaman Post #1020

http://forums.heroesofnewerth.com/showpost.php?p=785126&postcount=19
Example of HoN mod encouraging completely STUPID threads that aren't even in the off topic forum.

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 49 50 51 52 53117 >
  Back to forum