Staredit Network > Forums > Null > Topic: obamas back to school speech
obamas back to school speech
Sep 8 2009, 10:40 pm
By: ToA
Pages: < 1 2 3 4 >

Sep 9 2009, 8:44 pm Centreri Post #41

Relatively ancient and inactive

Quote from KrayZee
Yet, are the liberal democrats complaining about Obama's speech in this discussion? Plus if making any relevancy to what you are trying to say, Bush Sr. on the other hand provided that speech in 1991, why would there suddenly be a modern article reviewing controversy and 1991 news of the past?
Because this discussion is about people complaining about Obama's speech, you -perhapsthiswasoutofline-. This is a topic about people complaining about Obama's speech. I offered my theory as to who was doing most of the complaining. How the hell are you thick enough to not see the connection?

As for articles, that's my point. You're claiming that people didn't raise controversy of this level back in 1991, without having any supporting data. Either provide a source or stop blabbering and quiet down.

Post has been edited 2 time(s), last time on Sep 12 2009, 8:21 am by DT_Battlekruser. Reason: flaming here, and in all of obama topic [8521]

None.

Sep 9 2009, 9:07 pm ClansAreForGays Post #42

Cent, don't get pulled to far away that this originated because you actually thought liberals were ones that were complaining about the speech, which we all found rather hilarious. Now stop trying to save face.

Also chill on the "I demand a source!" stuff. 1) this is null 2) it's not the type of thing you could readily find an article on - "and in today's news, we are continuing to ignore Bush's education speech"

Asa general rule, don't ask for sources unless you are betting on the person fabricating their claim, and if you can't see yourself winning the argument if their source is true. You are taking a gamble. When I see you asking krazyee to cite his comments I see you implying that if what he's saying is true, you can't argue with it.

Sep 9 2009, 9:47 pm KrayZee Post #43

Quote from Centreri
Quote from KrayZee
Yet, are the liberal democrats complaining about Obama's speech in this discussion? Plus if making any relevancy to what you are trying to say, Bush Sr. on the other hand provided that speech in 1991, why would there suddenly be a modern article reviewing controversy and 1991 news of the past?
Because this discussion is about people complaining about Obama's speech, you moron brilliant boy. This is a topic about people complaining about Obama's speech. I offered my theory as to who was doing most of the complaining. How the hell are you thick enough to not see the connection?

As for articles, that's my point. You're claiming that people didn't raise controversy of this level back in 1991, without having any supporting data. Either provide a source or stop blabbering and quiet down.
I like how you resort to foul language and petty insults! Congratulations!

Now that you mentioned it, where in according to one of the CNN news article you mentioned of yesterday, ever mentioned that the liberals were complaining about Obama's speech? Your "theory" as to who was "doing most of the complaining" is a theory of liberals complaining the most? I mean... Liberals? Complaining? Most liberals were laughing their ass off, and/or are depressed to see that conservative helicopter parents were very, very concerned about a supposed thought as a brainwashing speech, what kind of message does that send to kids? Don't be successful, be a failure?

And about 1991 flashback, here... not even my source, but I googled for you. Somehow, it coincidentally uses some of the same words as I did. http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/blogs/beltway-confidential/When-Bush-spoke-to-students-Democrats-investigated-held-hearings-57694347.html

Do you want me to rub it in since you like using petty insults? You mentioned CNN, and liberals, and I used that article without mentioning a thing about liberals against you, and a random source you asked for (I didn't use it) against you.

Edit: Even though Washington Examiner is a conservative website, with a conservative author who wrote the article "trying" to back up evidence against democrats, and there are comments saying democrats are hypocrites, the comments after Obama's speech sets those older comments to absolute shame.

Post has been edited 3 time(s), last time on Sep 12 2009, 8:22 am by DT_Battlekruser. Reason: flaming here, and in all of obama topic [8521]

None.

Sep 9 2009, 10:25 pm ClansAreForGays Post #44

http://www.dailykostv.com/w/002107/

Sep 9 2009, 10:30 pm l)ark_ssj9kevin Post #45

Just here for the activity... well not really

Scratch that, we're watching it tomorrow.

guy lifting weight (animated smiley):

O-IC
OI-C

"Oh, I see it"

Sep 9 2009, 10:33 pm KrayZee Post #46

I forgot to mention about Ronald Reagan. :|

None.

Sep 9 2009, 10:37 pm Centreri Post #47

Quote from ClansAreForGays
Cent, don't get pulled to far away that this originated because you actually thought liberals were ones that were complaining about the speech, which we all found rather hilarious. Now stop trying to save face.
I would respond, but I don't understand what 'don't get pulled to far away that this originated' means. If you're saying that I shouldn't forget that this originated blah blah blah, than yes, I agree, and I haven't forgotten. As for your hilarity, if you want to elaborate, I can debate on that. To 'save face'. :)

Also chill on the "I demand a source!" stuff. 1) this is null 2) it's not the type of thing you could readily find an article on - "and in today's news, we are continuing to ignore Bush's education speech"
If someone can't find an article, than that someone shouldn't state information like its fact.

Asa general rule, don't ask for sources unless you are betting on the person fabricating their claim, and if you can't see yourself winning the argument if their source is true. You are taking a gamble. When I see you asking krazyee to cite his comments I see you implying that if what he's saying is true, you can't argue with it.
Brilliant. I'll be sure to note that down.

Quote from KrayZee
Now that you mentioned it, where in according to one of the CNN news article you mentioned of yesterday, ever mentioned that the liberals were complaining about Obama's speech? Your "theory" as to who was "doing most of the complaining" is a theory of liberals complaining the most? I mean... Liberals? Complaining? Most liberals were laughing their ass off, and/or are depressed to see that conservative helicopter parents were very, very concerned about a supposed thought as a brainwashing speech, what kind of message does that send to kids? Don't be successful, be a failure?
My theory initially considered global liberals, not American democrat liberals, as those 'global' liberals are those who would actually have an ideological bone to pick with the president doing this. If conservatives are doing this, they're idiots; and yes, the CNN source says nothing about it, so until I find a source I was wrong.

And about 1991 flashback, here... not even my source, but I googled for you. Somehow, it coincidentally uses some of the same words as I did. http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/blogs/beltway-confidential/When-Bush-spoke-to-students-Democrats-investigated-held-hearings-57694347.html
Fair enough. Democrats waited until it happened. However, I maintain that the situation was vastly different - there wasn't such a fierce election as was in 2008, and Bush senior was presiding over the end of the Cold War, something that earned him cool points amoung the American people. Obama's riding a torrent of unachieved hopes.

Do you want me to rub it in since you like using petty insults? You mentioned CNN, and liberals, and I used that article without mentioning a thing about liberals against you, and a random source you asked for (I didn't use it) against you.
Rub it in all you want. My insult had its intended affect - you stopped blabbering that my liberal-rant had nothing to do with this topic. Otherwise, yes, continue arguing, but when making claims, use sources. It's null, but it's also an argument.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Sep 9 2009, 10:46 pm by Centreri.

None.

Sep 9 2009, 10:40 pm KrayZee Post #48

Quote from Centreri
Rub it in all you want. My insult had its intended affect - you stopped blabbering that my liberal-rant had nothing to do with this topic. Otherwise, yes, continue arguing, but when making claims, use sources. It's null, but it's also an argument.
I stopped? You were ranting about "global liberals" in American politics which was irrelevant towards the subject of people complaining about Obama?

None.

Sep 9 2009, 10:48 pm Centreri Post #49

Aww, you started again. :-(

None.

Sep 10 2009, 3:58 am omginbd Post #50

Ahem. ***I do not wish to engage any of you in political or research battle.*** With that said: from what I was informed, the campaign that he had was originally called "I-pledge" and this video was to be shown in all the schools, as it was shown in one here. This was the original video to be shown before or after his speech, and after all of the complaints, it was decided to send out a notice/waiver that they were going to show his speech/video in schools. I just assume that so many places refused to show it that they *wisely* decided not to show the opening.

With all that said, that is all by word of mouth and self assumption.

None.

Sep 10 2009, 4:46 am Riney Post #51

Thigh high affectionado

I pledge too

Riney#6948 on Discord.
Riney on Steam (Steam)
@RineyCat on Twitter

-- Updated as of December 2021 --

Sep 10 2009, 4:53 am Lingie Post #52

I pledge.

Also, The princess is in another castle.

Lingie#3148 on Discord. Lingie, the Fox-Tailed on Steam.

Sep 10 2009, 5:15 am Fierce Post #53

We couldn't watch it. My teachers said that they would have to send a paper home asking permission from our parents to watch it. Juniors (as well as freshmen, sophomores, and seniors), in high school, can't watch a speech coming from the President about education. It's not like he downed education. He supported it and teachers have to have permission to show this? It makes absolutely no sense what-so-ever.

None.

Sep 10 2009, 6:41 am MillenniumArmy Post #54

Why do you people care so about Obama's back to school speech? More importantly why are you pointing fingers at each other? I love how everybody jumps in on such a petty issue but carefully keep hush hush over bigger and more important things. For instance, right now Obama isn't doing a very good job with this whole health care reform issue and many people, even the blue dog democrats in congress, can't help but agree. Not a single Obama supporter dares to mention this, the only thing they can say is point out completely irrelevant issues like how "bad" our past conservative leaning presidents were hoping to somehow redirect the criticism, hate, and blame elsewhere. I made a "Dear President Obama" thread in the SD forum hoping to draw some attention and perhaps discussion pertaining to how Obama's doing as president. Seems like all of our die hard obama supporters from about a year ago have absolutely nothing good to say... It's like liberals are keeping quiet when things aren't looking good for them and when a situation arrives where they can get back at the conservatives they jump in, then fall back. It's quite amusing... and sad at the same time.

None.

Sep 10 2009, 6:55 am ClansAreForGays Post #55

Cent continues down his path of trying to save face :-_-:
Quote from omginbd
Ahem. ***I do not wish to engage any of you in political or research battle.*** With that said: from what I was informed, the campaign that he had was originally called "I-pledge" and this video was to be shown in all the schools, as it was shown in one here. This was the original video to be shown before or after his speech, and after all of the complaints, it was decided to send out a notice/waiver that they were going to show his speech/video in schools. I just assume that so many places refused to show it that they *wisely* decided not to show the opening.

With all that said, that is all by word of mouth and self assumption.
That's the craziest god damn thing I've ever hear. I don't usually say this, but whoever told you that is probably a conservative nut-job.

Sep 10 2009, 8:04 am ClansAreForGays Post #56

Quote from MillenniumArmy
Why do you people care so about Obama's back to school speech? More importantly why are you pointing fingers at each other? I love how everybody jumps in on such a petty issue but carefully keep hush hush over bigger and more important things. For instance, right now Obama isn't doing a very good job with this whole health care reform issue and many people, even the blue dog democrats in congress, can't help but agree. Not a single Obama supporter dares to mention this, the only thing they can say is point out completely irrelevant issues like how "bad" our past conservative leaning presidents were hoping to somehow redirect the criticism, hate, and blame elsewhere. I made a "Dear President Obama" thread in the SD forum hoping to draw some attention and perhaps discussion pertaining to how Obama's doing as president. Seems like all of our die hard obama supporters from about a year ago have absolutely nothing good to say... It's like liberals are keeping quiet when things aren't looking good for them and when a situation arrives where they can get back at the conservatives they jump in, then fall back. It's quite amusing... and sad at the same time.
Baby got its bottle.

Sep 10 2009, 10:13 pm Centreri Post #57

Quote from name:MilleniumArmy
It's why I dislike the current two-party system. The two sides are polarized around completely unrelated things, so they have to defend each other on those issues when they're wrong to defend each other on those issues when they're right. As for Obama... well, I always said he wouldn't live up to his expectations. He's a president, not a wonderworker (proof: link, link, link).

Quote from ClansAreForGays
Cent continues down his path of trying to save face
Face saving is always nice. It pushes me and others to think of new arguments - it's a catalyst for competition. That you feel yourself superior for pointing out the obvious is sad.

None.

Sep 10 2009, 10:22 pm l)ark_ssj9kevin Post #58

Just here for the activity... well not really

I heard it. I disliked it, because it was basically what we always hear expect from Obama.

guy lifting weight (animated smiley):

O-IC
OI-C

"Oh, I see it"

Sep 11 2009, 6:15 am FatalException Post #59

I just read the transcript.

What the hell, people. Why are people raging about this letter-writing thing? Bush Sr. said more or less the EXACT SAME THINGS (including, "Let me know how you're doing. Write me a letter -- and I'm serious about this one -- write me a letter about ways you can help us achieve our goals.").1 He was also accused of wasting taxpayer dollars on advertising himself, but not indoctrinating children.2 Also, here's the best part: Neither one of them said anything REMOTELY political, excepting one comment from Bush Senior about "setting six National Education Goals". Some people really just need to shut the fuck up and get over themselves.

Also, something separate that made me rage was that guy, Tad Miller, in the CNN clip that said that politics are a family decision. POLITICS ARE NOT A FAMILY DECISION, THEY ARE A PERSONAL DECISION. [/citedrant]

None.

Sep 12 2009, 12:32 am ClansAreForGays Post #60

I guess dull words don't really get through to you. What if I use pictures like they do in the books you still read?

Offensive video has been removed. No need to slow pageloads.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Sep 12 2009, 8:23 am by DT_Battlekruser. Reason: flaming here, and in all of obama topic [8521]

Options
Pages: < 1 2 3 4 >
  Back to forum