Pages: < 1 « 2 3 4

Sep 12 2009, 12:45 am Centreri Post #61

Relatively ancient and inactive

I lol'd.

Then I did it again. :lol:

None.

Sep 12 2009, 4:55 am WoAHorde Post #62

Quote from ClansAreForGays
I guess dull words don't really get through to you. What if I use pictures like they do in the books you still read?
Offensive video has been removed.
Funny because it's true.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Sep 12 2009, 8:24 am by DT_Battlekruser.

None.

Sep 12 2009, 8:26 am DT_Battlekruser Post #63

I would like to reiterate what CaptainWill said:

Quote from CaptainWill
For a moment when I read Centreri's first post about liberals opposing possible undertones of Federal influence on education I thought he was spot on.

Then I realised he was using 'liberal' in the American sense. Liberal and conservative are such vague, nebulous terms in American usage. People opposed to apparent central government control over the education system could be described as 'liberal' because a classical liberal believes in freedom of the individual and the market and that government shouldn't interfere in the lives of the people.

However, the American 'definition' of liberal seems to mean a group of people with progressive social views who want to effect change through the initiative of federal government. So I don't understand why this kind of liberal would oppose the speech of a socially progressive president who is possibly encouraging a stronger federal role in education.

Politics really can't be boiled down into the absurd Liberal-Conservative dichotomy. I may make a topic about this.

I want all of this off-topic argument about pride and content to stop right now. I considered locking this topic, but I have some faith it can continue in a civilized fashion. (I considered moving it to SD, but I don't want it to inherit such a morass of a topic).

Please continue some of the intelligent debate that has been had, but I want an end to this flaming. If you persist, I will add more punishments and lock the topic. You have been warned.

None.

Sep 23 2009, 10:02 pm Deme Post #64

I hate how he said, if you don't do good in school, you're letting your family down, your friends, and your country... I know many people who didn't do good in school who were successful anyways....

None.

Sep 23 2009, 10:14 pm ToA Post #65

Que Sera, Sera.

Quote from Deme
I hate how he said, if you don't do good in school, you're letting your family down, your friends, and your country... I know many people who didn't do good in school who were successful anyways....

why would you want to do bad in school though?

Sep 24 2009, 1:25 am Centreri Post #66

Relatively ancient and inactive

I'll take your advice to heart.

None.

Sep 24 2009, 1:37 am FatalException Post #67

Quote from Deme
If you don't do well in school, you won't go to college. If you don't go to college, you can't get into a profession that requires higher education (i.e. doctor, engineer, etc.). What does a world without doctors or engineers look like to you?

None.

Sep 24 2009, 10:19 am Deme Post #68

Listen, all i'm saying is just because you don't go to College, doesn't mean your not letting your country down like he said. For the record, I do good in school (c's, b's and a's)

None.

Sep 24 2009, 6:18 pm Lingie Post #69

Quote from FatalException
Quote from Deme
If you don't do well in school, you won't go to college. If you don't go to college, you can't get into a profession that requires higher education (i.e. doctor, engineer, etc.). What does a world without doctors or engineers look like to you?

Going to have to agree with that. I'm pretty sick of seeing a whole bunch of people thinking lifes a big party, where you can get drunk every night and do nothing with yourself with no concequence. More school goers, would probably bring the unemployment rate down too, for reasons I don't think I need specify.

Lingie#3148 on Discord. Lingie, the Fox-Tailed on Steam.

Sep 24 2009, 7:31 pm Greo Post #70

Love how something so innocent becomes a weapon of mass arguments.

None.

Sep 24 2009, 9:31 pm KrayZee Post #71

Quote from Deme
Listen, all i'm saying is just because you don't go to College, doesn't mean your not letting your country down like he said. For the record, I do good in school (c's, b's and a's)
In my standards, B's are bad, hell... even A- is bad. But what's important is that you're passing.

He's saying that if you're letting your country down, it's not willing to contribute anything beneficial to the country (No matter what size), you would be worthless, just someone who is alive. Becoming a college graduate, then having a great job leads to a large contribution of helping the country (In another video, he mentioned that jobs requiring college graduates improves the economy a lot more than one who has a job without the need of college graduate). He also said failures should teach, not define people.

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 2 3 4
  Back to forum