Staredit Network > Forums > > Topic: Magazine Name
Magazine Name
This topic is locked. You can no longer write replies here.
Jun 28 2009, 7:35 am
By: ClansAreForGays  
Polls
What should the zine be called?
What should the zine be called?
Answer Votes Percentage % Voters
SCUMS Mapper's Digest(or any close variation) 2

9%
None.
Map of the Week 0

0%
None.
Map Settings 0

0%
None.
Untitled Scenario 8

34%
None.
SENzine(or and SEN variation) 7

30%
None.
Other 7

30%
None.
Please login to vote.
Poll has 24 votes. You can vote for at most 1 option(s).

Jun 30 2009, 9:24 am DevliN Post #21

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

I like "The Observer" as well.

\:devlin\: Currently Working On: \:devlin\:
My Overwatch addiction.

Jun 30 2009, 12:18 pm Biophysicist Post #22

The Observer has my vote.

None.

Jun 30 2009, 12:42 pm Moose Post #23

We live in a society.

Quote from name:Tuxedo-Templar
Specifying SEN or Staredit is superfluous. On its own this brings to mind an Observer from the game, which seems to fit well.
It's only superfluous inside of SEN. Once it gets outside, things change. I was under the assumption that we were writing this primarily for other sites.

... There really should have been a discussion on intended audience that makes this clear.

Jun 30 2009, 12:57 pm Biophysicist Post #24

Maybe keep the title as just "The Observer" or whatever, then add "www.staredit.net" to the top-right corner?

None.

Jun 30 2009, 3:43 pm Norm Post #25

I must admit that (The) Observer is a sweet title as well.

None.

Jun 30 2009, 4:09 pm l)ark_ssj9kevin Post #26

Just here for the activity... well not really

How's keeping the magazine inside SeN's domain?
www.observer.staredit.net?

guy lifting weight (animated smiley):

O-IC
OI-C

"Oh, I see it"

Jun 30 2009, 4:18 pm Kaias Post #27

While 'The Observer' is a pretty nice name the problem I have with it is that it undoubtedly already exists as a magazine. If we're going to go for something along those lines it should be 'SEN Observer'; which has my vote until I encounter something better.

None.

Jun 30 2009, 4:51 pm DT_Battlekruser Post #28

Quote from Mini Moose 2707
Quote from name:Tuxedo-Templar
Specifying SEN or Staredit is superfluous. On its own this brings to mind an Observer from the game, which seems to fit well.
It's only superfluous inside of SEN. Once it gets outside, things change. I was under the assumption that we were writing this primarily for other sites.

... There really should have been a discussion on intended audience that makes this clear.

I was under this assumption, too.

Perhaps the official title can be "The Staredit Network Observer" with the "Staredit Network" part not very prominent in the title. This notes it's from SEN and avoids any copyright issues. Sort of like "The Hollywood Reporter" except perhaps not in a cursive-y font.

None.

Jun 30 2009, 5:17 pm DevliN Post #29

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

Actually "The Hollywood Reporter" completely changed it's logo, so that may not be a good example anymore. I get what you're saying, and I completely agree.

"The Staredit Network Observer" sounds good to me. I wanna stray from "SEN Observer" because since this isn't just for us, we should be clear about what "SEN" is. Like I said before, "The Staredit Network" is such a great name on it's own, and we should use it in some capacity.

\:devlin\: Currently Working On: \:devlin\:
My Overwatch addiction.

Jun 30 2009, 5:36 pm DT_Battlekruser Post #30

Actually "The Hollywood Reporter" completely changed it's logo, so that may not be a good example anymore.

The old logo, then :P Like this.

Just not as gaudy and cursive.

None.

Options
  Back to forum