Staredit Network > Forums > Staredit Network > Topic: Biweekly SEN miniature magazine
Biweekly SEN miniature magazine
This topic is locked. You can no longer write replies here.
Jun 24 2009, 5:36 am
By: ClansAreForGays
Pages: < 1 2 3 45 >

Polls
Should we have a SEN zine?
Should we have a SEN zine?
Answer Votes Percentage % Voters
Yes 28

85%
None.
No 5

16%
None.
Please login to vote.
Poll has 33 votes. You can vote for at most 1 option(s).

Jun 24 2009, 7:45 pm Riney Post #21

Thigh high affectionado

Quote from ClansAreForGays
I dont see him doing much more than looking over the completed issue before distrubution, giving suggestions and making sure we aren't representing SEN on the side of an issue such as map protection that SEN does not actually endorse.

Well thats an obvous gimme, but those who are capible of writing should know to keep bias, opionion, and huge debate topics out of it.

Riney#6948 on Discord.
Riney on Steam (Steam)
@RineyCat on Twitter

-- Updated as of December 2021 --

Jun 24 2009, 7:55 pm DT_Battlekruser Post #22

I dont see him doing much more than looking over the completed issue before distrubution, giving suggestions and making sure we aren't representing SEN on the side of an issue such as map protection that SEN does not actually endorse.

That's exactly what I see him doing.

None.

Jun 24 2009, 7:55 pm UnholyUrine Post #23

Maybe...

But for a magazine.. if we don't create our opinions, then the magazine won't be interesting :\

None.

Jun 24 2009, 8:18 pm Moose Post #24

We live in a society.

There are good and constructive ways to express opinion. Mindless, unsupported, or unprofessional diatribe should not be allowed, while true editorial writing is acceptable and published daily in newspapers. How things are said matters as much as the actual content.

Jun 24 2009, 8:22 pm Biophysicist Post #25

Needs a modding section. Modding definitely needs more attention, and if this actually works, we could get a lot of new modders.

None.

Jun 25 2009, 2:07 am ForTheSwarm Post #26

[quoteClansAreForGays]Modding - Completely self explanatory.[/quote]

lrn2read

None.

Jun 25 2009, 2:48 am Norm Post #27

Anything that I can do? I'm bored a lot since I quit mapping, and Working on my website is BORING!

None.

Jun 25 2009, 4:41 am scwizard Post #28

I don't think enough happens for this to be weekly, but if it's changed to monthly I'd help contribute.

None.

Jun 25 2009, 5:15 am Excalibur Post #29

The sword and the faith

Quote from scwizard
I don't think enough happens for this to be weekly, but if it's changed to monthly I'd help contribute.
Also think it should be monthly.

SEN Global Moderator and Resident Zealot
-------------------------
The sword and the faith.

:ex:
Sector 12
My stream, live PC building and tech discussion.

Jun 25 2009, 5:48 am DT_Battlekruser Post #30

I do believe the suggestion was biweekly.

None.

Jun 25 2009, 6:00 am ClansAreForGays Post #31

Yes, biweekly means every other week. Doing it once a month would lead to easy abandonment.

Anyways I tried talking to the admins about just getting it slightly moving by opening the projects section for this, but I haven't heard anything back.

I guess if a member says he wants to clear out cluttered up clans, and implement ambiguous 'ideas' he is made site administrator, but if a member wants to start something concrete, productive, new, and specific it's too much to ask for a little cooperation.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Jun 25 2009, 6:06 am by ClansAreForGays.

Jun 25 2009, 9:01 am JaFF Post #32

I guess if a member says he wants to clear out cluttered up clans, and implement ambiguous 'ideas' he is made site administrator, but if a member wants to start something concrete, productive, new, and specific it's too much to ask for a little cooperation.
It's impossibly hard to get Moose and IP to respond to your PMs. You need to PM them something shocking like "I hacked SEN" for them to respond (once they see that their names have been changed to "Anal_Dinosaur_2007" and "IsolatedVagina", half of the content of SEN is gone, and the DLDB has a huge BDSM picture in it).

Don't know about Ex though. Every time I PMed him, he was quick to respond. Try it again with him.

None.

Jun 25 2009, 12:09 pm scwizard Post #33

Ok, biweekly is good.

I'll get started writing a piece about recently posted stuff in the UMS section after class today.

None.

Jun 25 2009, 5:15 pm UnholyUrine Post #34

Not so fast!!
We haven't decided who will do what yet :\....
Altho I believe we should all submit to whatever section we want.. but we need an editor for each section (or an editor for several sections) ...
Again the editor's job is to just kinda pick out the one that he wants.. edit it IF it seems to not be appropriate (please do not change style and opinions).. and post it somehow...
I think having a single editor may be too hard on that guy :\... but we DO need a top editor.. or i guess a coordinator to piece it all together

None.

Jun 25 2009, 5:17 pm DT_Battlekruser Post #35

It's impossibly hard to get Moose and IP to respond to your PMs. You need to PM them something shocking like "I hacked SEN" for them to respond (once they see that their names have been changed to "Anal_Dinosaur_2007" and "IsolatedVagina", half of the content of SEN is gone, and the DLDB has a huge BDSM picture in it).

If you say so..

Moose responds to me..

None.

Jun 25 2009, 5:31 pm Excalibur Post #36

The sword and the faith

You know Clans, I really don't get you.

In topics, at mod nights, wherever, I've always been respectful and supportive of you because we agree on a lot of points. You PM'd me less than 24 hours ago, and even if I wanted to do something, the SCP is so unfinished I don't think I could have. Couple that with the fact that I don't have any further access than the SCP anyway, I couldn't be of any help if I wanted to be.

After I already posted in this topic a couple of times, voicing my support, I would think you'd not be so blatantly rude.

The sword and the faith.

Sector 12

Jun 25 2009, 5:32 pm ClansAreForGays Post #37

Quote from UnholyUrine
Not so fast!!
We haven't decided who will do what yet :\....
Altho I believe we should all submit to whatever section we want.. but we need an editor for each section (or an editor for several sections) ...
Again the editor's job is to just kinda pick out the one that he wants.. edit it IF it seems to not be appropriate (please do not change style and opinions).. and post it somehow...
I think having a single editor may be too hard on that guy :\... but we DO need a top editor.. or i guess a coordinator to piece it all together
Don't concern yourself with who's going to be incharge of every little thing. I don't want this to be micromanaged into the ground. I don't think it is entirely necessary to have so many bosses and sub bosses.
I'd like to hear more about what we could possibly be putting into this (but not as specific as to what private parts tried doing)

Jun 25 2009, 5:39 pm Excalibur Post #38

The sword and the faith

I'd like to hear more about what we could possibly be putting into this (but not as specific as to what private parts tried doing)
Perhaps regular articles on general map improvement. Professionalism, use of doodads and extended terrain, things that make maps above and beyond, things that show why the regular editor just isn't an acceptable limitation in today's customs community. Possibly keeping up on what new programs are around in the community too.

The sword and the faith.

Sector 12

Jun 25 2009, 5:50 pm l)ark_ssj9kevin Post #39

Just here for the activity... well not really

I'd be glad to do some sort of "mapping resources," which is terrain brushes and possibly .wav files

guy lifting weight (animated smiley):

O-IC
OI-C

"Oh, I see it"

Jun 25 2009, 5:52 pm ClansAreForGays Post #40

Quote from Excalibur
You know Clans, I really don't get you.

In topics, at mod nights, wherever, I've always been respectful and supportive of you because we agree on a lot of points. You PM'd me less than 24 hours ago, and even if I wanted to do something, the SCP is so unfinished I don't think I could have. Couple that with the fact that I don't have any further access than the SCP anyway, I couldn't be of any help if I wanted to be.

After I already posted in this topic a couple of times, voicing my support, I would think you'd not be so blatantly rude.
You have missed my point. I really don't disagree with or care that you were made admin, just to get that out of the way.

My point is that it's really funny that SEN wouldn't have more than a few minutes thought to making you Admin, and but here I am asking for something less, and being more specific with what I would like to start, and I can't even get a response from anyone when I PM them, when they're last loggin shows they have had more than enough time to respond.

My other point is that you were made and ADMIN and not a GM so that you could help with things just like this. This would have been a great example of why you were made admin and not GM. Now you tell me you actually don't even have the power to do anything about this, but you can't blame me for assuming you could. I really don't know why you were made admin if you couldn't help with things just like this.

I wouldn't have resorted to this if you or moose would have atleast responded with "Well I can't do that right now" and tell my why or something. You've both had more than enough time and have definitely been on.

Options
Pages: < 1 2 3 45 >
  Back to forum