Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 Map Production > Topic: Diablo II - [Act 1]
Diablo II - [Act 1]
Oct 8 2007, 6:48 pm
By: payne
Pages: < 1 « 2 3 4 5 67 >

Dec 24 2007, 7:24 pm payne Post #61

:payne:

Okay guys...
I've got lazy about that project but I won't abandon!
All I need is to get done the terrain and the rest shall follow... it's just that I suck so much at finding good blends and I just can't continue my map without having finished that damn Monastery Gate :S
I'm currently working on a blend with the edges of a custom thing mixed with some bridge tiles, cliff and stairs :|

None.

Jan 17 2008, 5:22 pm Zergblender Post #62

You sure used a shitload of sprites in that terrain.
I'd suggest thinking of alternatives, before you run out of sprites.

None.

Jan 17 2008, 9:12 pm payne Post #63

Well, I didn't add any sprites since I've done the famous sprity-tower, so no, I won't hit the limit :P

None.

Jan 25 2008, 4:27 pm payne Post #64

Okay guys, I restarted working on the terrain (check on first post to see wich one has been done).
I'm also gonna restart that damn Forgotten Tower wich looked like crap... I'll need help on this!
Btw, I still can place 400 sprites :D
... and it's now 5 players :)
Oh! I was about to forget : no more stupid terrain randomization, it looked unprofesionnal... the only level that will possibly have randomization will be Catacombs lvl 2.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Jan 25 2008, 4:50 pm by payne.

None.

Jan 29 2008, 4:06 am pneumatic Post #65

Quote from payne
Okay guys, I restarted working on the terrain (check on first post to see wich one has been done).
I'm also gonna restart that damn Forgotten Tower wich looked like crap... I'll need help on this!
Btw, I still can place 400 sprites :D
... and it's now 5 players :)
Oh! I was about to forget : no more stupid terrain randomization, it looked unprofesionnal... the only level that will possibly have randomization will be Catacombs lvl 2.

Sweet. Btw, that Tree of Infuss is freaking rad.

None.

Mar 3 2008, 2:38 pm payne Post #66

Well... I just wanted to say that I was still working on this project (slowly...).
Btw, I need help on some blends (lemme remind you that most of the blends in my map aren't mine), particullary for the damn Forgotten Tower, wich I reshaped a LIL... I'm also having difficulties, again, with the Monastery Gate... I wanted to make it with a Bridge tiles floor but it's gonna be too hard... so fuck off :P

None.

Mar 21 2008, 5:08 pm payne Post #67

There we go!
Forgotten Tower's outside is now DONE! You can see it via. the first post of this topic...
And there is some extra terrain into the map, so I suggest you guys to go download it! :P

EDIT:
Wtf?! Why we do not see the image I've posted? O.o
Anyway... just go download the map and you'll see! :P

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Mar 21 2008, 5:15 pm by payne.

None.

Mar 23 2008, 8:45 pm payne Post #68

Just a question:
Do you think my famous new forgotten tower blend should be the Den of Evil one?
Or you like it how it's right now...

None.

Apr 21 2008, 6:27 pm payne Post #69

I just wanna revive this topic to keep people interested about this project and to make some pub for myself: I need help on terrain... go see in the Terrain section, there's a nice topic named "Damn Terrain..."

None.

Apr 21 2008, 6:37 pm Ashamed Post #70

Hear me Raor!!

This looks great... You have a gift with terrain which is good! I rmber the old Diablo that was for starcraft along time ago like 3-6 years ago i rly don't rember the date but I really liked them so you can go far with this and the looks of it is that you are doing good so far... I have great expectations for this map don't let me down!! Can't wait to see it develop more!!!

None.

Apr 21 2008, 6:40 pm Ashamed Post #71

Hear me Raor!!

Also.. With your save/load system are you going to be able to load your same character on this game though... You talk about the other Acts... ^_^! just wondering! and... the prob about save/load on sc is fricken people are going to give the codes away! ><! but what ever...!

None.

Apr 21 2008, 6:46 pm HavoK Post #72

Are you seriouse... I was working on this, and now I have to cancel it now... DAM YOU PAYNE!!!! jk

I will just rename it and rename all the characters and stuff... ah well, this looks amazing payne, it's going to be awesome!

None.

Apr 22 2008, 11:53 pm Riney Post #73

Thigh high affectionado

Actually you probably wont have to rename yours, this has been here for a few if not more months, and its just turning into another Crecent Dyne D:<

Riney#6948 on Discord.
Riney on Steam (Steam)
@RineyCat on Twitter

-- Updated as of December 2021 --

Apr 24 2008, 3:03 am HavoK Post #74

Sweet! I get to keep it!! Woot woot!! :D

Holy, enough posts there payne... mind just editing a post instead of remaking a post over and over again...? Please?

None.

Apr 26 2008, 5:48 pm payne Post #75

@Ashamed: My Save/Load system is there because I'll make the other Acts... If I was about to make only the Act 1, I wouldn't implement this...
So yes, people will be able to load back their character within a certain range of error (I'll have to add in some approximations such as for the Gold amount...).
And yes, people could spread the passwords, plus, it's gonna be open source, so they can go get what they want from the triggers... idc :P
@Dark_Marine: I have started maybe 1-2 years ago :P Yes, it's kinda becoming like CD >.< but once the terrain will be done, you can be near sure it'll get done!
@Havok: We could collaborate on this if you want :P And there can be two maps of the same subject, lol...

None.

Apr 26 2008, 8:38 pm Echo Post #76

You put amazone instead of amazon lol

None.

Apr 26 2008, 9:43 pm payne Post #77

Oh, that's because I have french version and it's written like that ^^

None.

May 21 2008, 10:12 pm payne Post #78

I just wanted to say that this project was about to get revived!! :D

None.

May 22 2008, 12:40 am pneumatic Post #79

cool man, I look forward to the day when this can be played.

None.

May 23 2008, 3:18 am midget_man_66 Post #80

Im not going to lie to you, i think you should work more on the terrain, it looks like you have encorporated some kool things but mostly it looks like sh^%#. your ideas for the map are nice, but it will take alot more then a zergling to cover all of the classes in d2. secondly, the spell system can only edit HP (say your casting a spell that does damage) with EUD's (wich are pain's in the asses). you can modify the hp percentage, but you cant check the hp percentage of a unit. to do this, you will need VHP (virtual hit points) wich requires some system of TBC... or you have to find someway for them to stay within your location while you can cast spell on them in order to kill them. Work on the triggers, look at some other rpg's, get an idea down. Good luck.

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 2 3 4 5 67 >
  Back to forum